Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

"Is that your final dandy?"
Why is Pikachu SOS only (off a 5% spawn Pichu)? Why is Morelull and Passimian so rare? Why is Mareanie also SOS only?

Why is everything I want to use so hard to find? :negative:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hopeandjoy
Nov 28, 2014

Tatum Girlparts posted:

Where can I find the death bears?

Route 8 on the second island but they are super rare.

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde
The point of Abra is that its time consuming to raise, but when you get there, the reward was completely worth it.

Does anyone know why a game with no HMs has a move deleter?

Geostomp
Oct 22, 2008

Unite: MASH!!
~They've got the bad guys on the run!~

Ruggington posted:

I wasn't expecting lycanroc midday to have the exact stat spread you'd expect it to have

cool

Shame that midnight form doesn't measure up.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

ah drat, I guess I missed bagon on the first island. kinda wanted to see that level 10 salamence for myself

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
the six magikarp fisher only has two magikarps

0/10 returning the game tomorrow

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations
Not being able to use the d-pad to move was a terrible idea.

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012

cheetah7071 posted:

the six magikarp fisher only has two magikarps

0/10 returning the game tomorrow

What.

Cancelling my pre-order.

Mr. Creakle
Apr 27, 2007

Protecting your virginity

rockruff I want to love you but you are so bad

How is it that a glass cannon with a great offensive typing sucks so hard? Garbage movepool and frail as gently caress with its only STAB move being inaccurate enough to regularly gently caress itself over. It's like a worse Aerodactyl.

Oh well, Lycanroc is so cool that I'm just gonna have to suffer through this and pray it's less poo poo after evolving. :smith:

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

My disdain for you all knows no bounds.

Beachcomber posted:

The point of Abra is that its time consuming to raise, but when you get there, the reward was completely worth it.

Does anyone know why a game with no HMs has a move deleter?

Last Resort or Sleep Talk sets. More likely it's due to tradition, but it has its uses.

Spacebump posted:

Not being able to use the d-pad to move was a terrible idea.

It's used for something else, that's why.

Kiranamos
Sep 27, 2007

extra row of teeth posted:

How is it that a glass cannon with a great offensive typing sucks so hard? Garbage movepool and frail as gently caress with its only STAB move being inaccurate enough to regularly gently caress itself over. It's like a worse Aerodactyl.

Oh well, Lycanroc is so cool that I'm just gonna have to suffer through this and pray it's less poo poo after evolving. :smith:

Once he gets Rock Tomb, everything is good.

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

extra row of teeth posted:

it could be worst

my +3 steenee did less than 50% to a nosepass with razor leaf and then got 2hko'd

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Ruggington posted:

it could be worst

my +3 steenee did less than 50% to a nosepass with razor leaf and then got 2hko'd

steenee has 40 attack

tsareena has 120

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

cheetah7071 posted:

steenee has 40 attack

tsareena has 120

just 4 levels and I can stomp some boys

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

so far the best thing I've caught has been the early route trash bird and that kinda surprises me

cutiefly and crabrawler have been p ok so far as well but that bird has put in a lot of work

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Just let it shine through

Neo_Crimson posted:

Why is Pikachu SOS only (off a 5% spawn Pichu)? Why is Morelull and Passimian so rare? Why is Mareanie also SOS only?

Why is everything I want to use so hard to find? :negative:

Wait, the Pokedex says Pikachu straight up spawns in the first city, is that not right?

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

Soul Glo posted:

Wait, the Pokedex says Pikachu straight up spawns in the first city, is that not right?

Technically yes, but only if a Pichu calls for them. And SOS battles aren't a thing until you beat the first trial, so the only way to get a Pikachu before then is to evolve a Pichu.

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

I'm I the unluckiest person on the planet or is Oricorio just stupidly hard to catch

3 pokeballs 2 great balls 2 ultra balls and then it calls for help and my guys aren't equipped to grind them up so I run away

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Just let it shine through

Dr. Fetus posted:

Technically yes, but only if a Pichu calls for them. And SOS battles aren't a thing until you beat the first trial, so the only way to get a Pikachu before then is to evolve a Pichu.

Well who needed that half hour anyway :negative:

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

El Burbo posted:

I'm I the unluckiest person on the planet or is Oricorio just stupidly hard to catch

3 pokeballs 2 great balls 2 ultra balls and then it calls for help and my guys aren't equipped to grind them up so I run away

You are incredibly unlucky. I got my cheer bird with just one heal ball.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

grimer evolving at 38 suuuucks

Avalerion
Oct 19, 2012

Couldn't you grind happiness easilly by just doing the Tauros thing?

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

Avalerion posted:

what thing

Ignimbrite
Jan 5, 2010

BALLS BALLS BALLS
Dinosaur Gum
I named my Crabrawler "Put-em-up" and it shouldn't amuse me as much as it does

Jarogue
Nov 3, 2012

Avalerion posted:

Yes also by the time you get Tauros you should have the soothe bell.

El Burbo posted:

What did you do to piss off the RNG gods. I got mines in the first heal ball.

Avalerion
Oct 19, 2012

Ruggington posted:

what thing

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ib0i_1Nv71Q

SpaceDrake
Dec 22, 2006

I can't avoid filling a game with awful memes, even if I want to. It's in my bones...!

This'll still take a million years for a lot of pokemon that need happiness to evolve, though.

Happiness is another one of those mechanics that is hideously outdated and I'm sad they didn't do away with it or just turn it flat out into Refresh affection in S/M.

tudabee
Jan 1, 2007

How many times must I remind you to WASH YOUR HANDS?

Rotom who are you calling professor, that guy's wearing a shir--- oh my god.

What the hell, Professor Oak

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

you can still just rubberband the stick and walk away tho. keep the 3ds plugged into the wall or something while you do whatever you gotta do that isn't pokemon. if you gotta have that snorlax/pikachu/whatever right now, there are probably worse ways to go about it

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

SpaceDrake posted:

This'll still take a million years for a lot of pokemon that need happiness to evolve, though.

Happiness is another one of those mechanics that is hideously outdated and I'm sad they didn't do away with it or just turn it flat out into Refresh affection in S/M.

It doesn't really help that the methods to increase it change in every generation. And yeah, having both creates a weird disconnect.

I guess Affection isn't replacing friendliness because of Frustration, given that it can't be reduced.

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

tsareena can learn acrobatics yessssssssss

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
Serebii claims salandits are 30% in this grass but it's been like 20 encounters and I haven't seen any

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
Are the TVs broken or do the people of Alola just listen to one commercial on loop all day and night?

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Khanstant posted:

Are the TVs broken or do the people of Alola just listen to one commercial on loop all day and night?

have you ever been to hawaii and watched tv, it's actually fairly true to life

Classtoise
Feb 11, 2008

THINKS CON-AIR WAS A GOOD MOVIE

TFRazorsaw posted:

I like that there's an increased emphasis on story. Especially after XY when none of the Kalos gym leaders had much going for them.

The anime managed to make them kinda cool. They made Ramos of all characters entertaining. Ramos.

Ramos was the absolute most Also Ran gym leader. I don't even know what his thing was besides being the grass dude.

slev
Apr 6, 2009

I haven't played pokemon in 15 years I'm guessing these status effect skills are what I want to replace with things to kill pokemon

Classtoise
Feb 11, 2008

THINKS CON-AIR WAS A GOOD MOVIE

slev posted:

I haven't played pokemon in 15 years I'm guessing these status effect skills are what I want to replace with things to kill pokemon

In game, yeah usually. But even then some are useful. Like hypnosis and thunder wave can be insanely helpful for catching new Pokemon

Ooh hey a Rufflet I've never used Bravi-

Serebii.net posted:

Evolves at level 54

Haha into the box you go little guys!

AlphaKretin
Dec 25, 2014

A vase to face encounter.

...Vase to meet you?

GARVASE DAY!

Classtoise posted:

Ooh hey a Rufflet I've never used Bravi-

Haha into the box you go little guys!

Gen 5.txt, sadly. :smith:

spotlessd
Sep 8, 2016

by merry exmarx

slev posted:

Many of them are quite good. Even Growl and so on have their uses, particularly for catching wild Pokemon and stalling against difficult trainers. AI trainers aren't generally clever enough to switch out Pokemon that have been crippled by attack reductions, which can let you build up huge attack and speed boosts or safely switch in weaker Pokemon who could use the additional experience. Its not particularly useful to have four damage dealing moves on every monster unless you're able to cover a lot of different types or manage potential weaknesses. The games are still really easy though so just go with whatever you prefer.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
16:46 and I've finally arrived on Akala island. This is the opposite of a speedrun, I guess.