Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
Vulture should be evil Gandalf

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Why the gently caress didn't they just color the Birdman costume green

Come on it's Disney they could buy the rights to that design

I Love Loosies
Jan 4, 2013

Maybe it's only his first selfmade costume. Like how in IM2 Vanko only get's a proper suit in the end.

GonSmithe
Apr 25, 2010

Perhaps it's in the nature of television. Just waves in space.
The leaked pictures of Shocker also show that it's a ragtag, handmade suit, so maybe towards the end Vulture makes them both new suits.

Slugworth
Feb 18, 2001

If two grown men can't make a pervert happy for a few minutes in order to watch a film about zombies, then maybe we should all just move to Iran!

Lobok posted:

EXT. RUNWAY, DAY
We see a PILOT on a ladder peering into the cockpit of a FIGHTER JET.
Hal: Now where did I leave my keys...

End scene.
I'm assuming this will be in a QuickTime video watched by a character in the middle of an unrelated sequence.

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
What's so great about Vulture is that he's an old man who dresses up like a giant bird to commit crimes and fight a teenaged kid. Imagine your grandpa sitting at home sewing his own green bird costume that he's planning on robbing banks with all the while being so self-assured thinking "Yes, this will really intimate them!". The costume should really embrace that inherent silliness, then subvert it with making the old man in the silly costume quite deadly and technologically capable, to Peter's surprise.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
You just don't get it. Nothing can stop a man with wings. A man with wings can do anything. ANYTHING

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

The electromagnetic harness is supposed to give him more strength so at least when the old man punches Spider-Man or puts Spider-Man over his knee and spanks him it actually does hurt.

Edit: never mind the spanking thing. I don't want to spoil the ending to my fanfic.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

GonSmithe posted:

The leaked pictures of Shocker also show that it's a ragtag, handmade suit, so maybe towards the end Vulture makes them both new suits.
There is also the third villain the Tinkerer who probably makes the final designs

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

Burkion posted:

Nah that's Silvermane some times.

See here's the brilliant thing about the Vulture and what makes him work in the comic. He's a loving old man whose super power is that he has more hate and spite than the goddamn Hulk.

Through sheer force of spite, this old frail man with no super powers regularly gets into fist fights with Spider-Man and wins. A Spider-Man who isn't holding back.

Through sheer hate, he stopped dying of illness, faked his death, broke out of prison, broke his replacement out of prison, gave his replacement who was a super muscular super hard rear end prisoner his own Vulture suit

Then fought him and Spider-Man across New York City to prove he was the one and only Vulture, and won that fight.

It's why he works despite his lovely design, or even because of it.

But no let's just make him a goon in a jacket stealing Falcon's tech while wearing a generic rear end helmet that's good too

So he's a mutant? That's the only way he could take a beating from Spider-Man at full "power" and keep on ticking. Are his wings self-driven AI like Doc Ock's arms? The Arms gently caress with the nervous system and "make" Doc stronger. Do the wings do similar?

Drifter fucked around with this message at 16:29 on Nov 19, 2016

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

You've got guts! Come to my village, I'll buy you lunch.

Drifter posted:

So he's a mutant? That's the only way he could take a beating from Spider-Man at full "power" and keep on ticking. Are his wings self-driven AI like Doc Ock's arms? The Arms gently caress with the nervous system and "make" Doc stronger. Do the wings do similar?

myth is dead

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

David Leitch got the Deadpool II gig. Gonna have some sick rear end gun fights in DP2 now

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

greatn posted:

You just don't get it. Nothing can stop a man with wings. A man with wings can do anything. ANYTHING

That poo poo is so great, it bites The Invisible Man hard but I find that to be cool. It's fascinating how practically every spider man villain decides to do street crime when ownership of a giant tech firm and all the gross unpunishable crime that goes with that is staring them in the face.

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

DeimosRising posted:

That poo poo is so great, it bites The Invisible Man hard but I find that to be cool. It's fascinating how practically every spider man villain decides to do street crime when ownership of a giant tech firm and all the gross unpunishable crime that goes with that is staring them in the face.

The Spectacular Spider-Man cartoon had a neat arc where the villains were being equipped and goaded into grandiose street heists and revenge schemes specifically to keep Spidey's attention on the small time while the bosses engaged in some Kingpin-level corporate megacrime.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Drifter posted:

You just don't really get it do you man

He's a pissed off spiteful old man. His super power is being a spiteful old man. That is the source of his power and strength. Through spite alone he can out invent Tony Stark and beat the poo poo out of literal super humans because gently caress you he's old.

It's what makes him so goddamn great. He is utterly ridiculous to look at, even for, and especially for, an early Spider-Man villain, and they had already replaced him with the 'cool more dangerous' variant. Then he comes back from the dead with nothing but some moxie and a lot of goddamn aggression and beats the poo poo out of the fucker and then beats up Peter too.

His wings have no AI or anything of the sort. First they were a magnetic rig because gently caress you he makes magnets work the way he wants them to, then when Peter figured out how to get around that bullshit, he up and invented Anti Gravity flight because also gently caress you.

Him having his gear made for him, or even made from stolen hero tech, is missing the point of angry ancient senior citizen who can fly. It's just another in a long line of Marvel loving over the villains in favor of who even knows at this point.

I really wish we could have gotten Sam Raimi's Vulture. It would have been a treat.

Drakyn
Dec 26, 2012

The wings legitimately do juice Vulture up a bit but him being strong has never really been emphasized all that much beyond 'he can throw furniture around and take a punch,' which is basically what you get just from wearing a costume in superhero comics. Like Burkion says, his real super power is being old and bitter.

DeimosRising posted:

I'm fairly sure OG Vulture invented his tech legitimately, then found out his business partner had embezzled basically the entire company and he didn't have enough cash left to buy breakfast.
Now, why he didn't just go window-shopping with the prototype, even if he did that AFTER trying to ruin his former buddy's life, well, I think that's back to

Burkion posted:

He's a loving old man whose super power is that he has more hate and spite than the goddamn Hulk.
'Why don't they just go legit' is a great question for a lot of techie supervillains, but for the Vulture ignoring that option makes perfect sense. For him, taking everything he wants from everyone else IS finally going legit.

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.

Burkion posted:

You just don't really get it do you man

He's a pissed off spiteful old man. His super power is being a spiteful old man. That is the source of his power and strength. Through spite alone he can out invent Tony Stark and beat the poo poo out of literal super humans because gently caress you he's old.

It's what makes him so goddamn great. He is utterly ridiculous to look at, even for, and especially for, an early Spider-Man villain, and they had already replaced him with the 'cool more dangerous' variant. Then he comes back from the dead with nothing but some moxie and a lot of goddamn aggression and beats the poo poo out of the fucker and then beats up Peter too.

His wings have no AI or anything of the sort. First they were a magnetic rig because gently caress you he makes magnets work the way he wants them to, then when Peter figured out how to get around that bullshit, he up and invented Anti Gravity flight because also gently caress you.

Him having his gear made for him, or even made from stolen hero tech, is missing the point of angry ancient senior citizen who can fly. It's just another in a long line of Marvel loving over the villains in favor of who even knows at this point.

I really wish we could have gotten Sam Raimi's Vulture. It would have been a treat.

You make the Vulture sound very inspirational. I am now sad that I in all likelihood will not get Get Off My Lawn Vulture.

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo

Scyantific posted:

David Leitch got the Deadpool II gig. Gonna have some sick rear end gun fights in DP2 now

Wouldn't that be the responsibility of the fight choreographers or whatever? The guys who did the fight scenes in Civil War did the John Wick fight scenes didn't they? Or is it all the same dude?

Violator
May 15, 2003

Lobok posted:

The electromagnetic harness is supposed to give him more strength so at least when the old man punches Spider-Man or puts Spider-Man over his knee and spanks him it actually does hurt.

Edit: never mind the spanking thing. I don't want to spoil the ending to my fanfic.

What a sequence! Spiderman pushed over Michael Keaton's knee, screaming in agony with tears running down his face SLAP! SLAP! SLAP! as that wily boy is taught a lesson in humility! My word, Lobok, you've really hit upon something here!

Crion
Sep 30, 2004
baseball.

Grendels Dad posted:

You make the Vulture sound very inspirational. I am now sad that I in all likelihood will not get Get Off My Lawn Vulture.

As someone who has read a number of comics featuring the Vulture, all I'll say is that it's amazing how much better a flattering 200 word summary of a character can sound compared to the actual work product. The Vulture as he exists in the Spider-man comics isn't as prone to showing up in utterly tedious and lame stories as Doctor Octopus or the Green Goblin, but he's no great shakes.

Now the Lizard and the world's most pathetic dipshit Kraven the Hunter, those are some villains.

edit: I will concede that Vulture as played by 2012 RNC chair-lecturing mode Clint Eastwood would be amusing

Crion fucked around with this message at 03:29 on Nov 20, 2016

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

*Israeli Government-affiliated poster
Infinity War started filming two weeks ago on a sound stage in London.

Look for set pictures and leaks to start happening soon when they start filming in New York next week.

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

Crion posted:

As someone who has read a number of comics featuring the Vulture, all I'll say is that it's amazing how much better a flattering 200 word summary of a character can sound compared to the actual work product. The Vulture as he exists in the Spider-man comics isn't as prone to showing up in utterly tedious and lame stories as Doctor Octopus or the Green Goblin, but he's no great shakes.

Now the Lizard and the world's most pathetic dipshit Kraven the Hunter, those are some villains.

edit: I will concede that Vulture as played by 2012 RNC chair-lecturing mode Clint Eastwood would be amusing

What mainstream comics character isn't better in concept than execution, by sheer weight of garbage stories if nothing else.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

DeimosRising posted:

What mainstream comics character isn't better in concept than execution, by sheer weight of garbage stories if nothing else.

Flex Mentallo

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

Guy Goodbody posted:

Flex Mentallo

Flex isn't a mainstream character, but just wait til he gets the Watchmen/Miracleman treatment. He already got the hideous, point missing recoloring job.

Edit I just wanted to talk about the comics, see? All the lovely, amazing comics...

DeimosRising fucked around with this message at 05:40 on Nov 20, 2016

Aces High
Mar 26, 2010

Nah! A little chocolate will do

McSpanky posted:

The Spectacular Spider-Man cartoon had a neat arc where the villains were being equipped and goaded into grandiose street heists and revenge schemes specifically to keep Spidey's attention on the small time while the bosses engaged in some Kingpin-level corporate megacrime.

Everything involving Tombstone was fantastic, would that there could be that kind of nuance in the MCU

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

Aces High posted:

Everything involving Tombstone was fantastic, would that there could be that kind of nuance in the MCU

Speaking of Comic Book movies, wasn't that the Spectacular Spider-Man theme music at the end of one of the trailers for Homecoming, or as a setup for Comic-Con or something?

Total teases :(

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Which one of you made this?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hpWYtXtmEFQ

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

Anybody who could say "the majority of the [Marvel] movies are actually good, some are even genuinely great," is hugely suspect to begin with.

seravid
Apr 21, 2010

Let me tell you of the world I used to know
"The camera isn't the issue since movie X, Y and Z used it and look great and I can improve any Marvel movie with a curves tweak, but there's hope for the future because Marvel is making some changes: their next movie will be shot with this new awesome camera with a skull on it :c00lbert:"

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

seravid posted:

"The camera isn't the issue since movie X, Y and Z used it and look great and I can improve any Marvel movie with a curves tweak, but there's hope for the future because Marvel is making some changes: their next movie will be shot with this new awesome camera with a skull on it :c00lbert:"

This is ridiculous.

Everyone knows that Marvel's Netflix and Movie divisions aren't playing nice with each other and would never loan equipment to each other.

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007
Everyone should play DUKE games.

:dukedog:

Drifter posted:

Anybody who could say "the majority of the [Marvel] movies are actually good, some are even genuinely great," is hugely suspect to begin with.

:agreed:

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

We all know there's only one camera cool enough for movies.

http://i.imgur.com/N1o8id3.mp4

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT BEING ALLERGIC TO POSITIVITY

The most damning thing against him isn't that he likes Marvel films but that he thinks Pacific Rim is the gold standard for visuals in blockbusters.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

PriorMarcus posted:

The most damning thing against him isn't that he likes Marvel films but that he thinks Pacific Rim is the gold standard for visuals in blockbusters.

I haven't seen the video but

Seriously?

What the Christ

Hat Thoughts
Jul 27, 2012

What if MARVEL movies were in COLOR

e: -_- when he calls Sicario a movie with a "flatter look that's more muted and closer to reality"

Hat Thoughts fucked around with this message at 08:59 on Nov 21, 2016

Death By The Blues
Oct 30, 2011
His arguments at the end about cameras is drat silly. Drive was shot on the Alexa, don't pawn it off on Arri, there is no guarantee the new red would look better.

Yeap, Sicario, has some boring and muted cinematography.

Hat Thoughts
Jul 27, 2012

Death By The Blues posted:

His arguments at the end about cameras is drat silly. Drive was shot on the Alexa, don't pawn it off on Arri, there is no guarantee the new red would look better.

Yeap, Sicario, has some boring and muted cinematography.

The Sicario thing struck me as extra jarring because the clip he uses directly contradicts it. It's so weird.

Death By The Blues
Oct 30, 2011
Yea,

Sicario does a lot with lights and colours to contrast the ethical quandaries presented in the film.

Also, this essay doesn't talk about back lighting and why its missing. One of the things Deadpool did so well and looks like a Fincher lite film.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
The next marvel movie is shot on a Google pixel, which has the best camera ever.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hat Thoughts
Jul 27, 2012

Death By The Blues posted:

Yea,

Sicario does a lot with lights and colours to contrast the ethical quandaries presented in the film.

Also, this essay doesn't talk about back lighting and why its missing. One of the things Deadpool did so well and looks like a Fincher lite film.

drat what if instead of this obnoxious & bad video essay about Marvel, someone did a rly tight video essay about Sicario: The Mirage of a Moral World, if such a thing existed I would be certain to like, comment, hell, I'd even subscribe.

• Locked thread