Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Crawfish
Dec 11, 2012

I have found wild Ditto, but it has lead to the darkest of lariat situations.

Edit: This route sucks for catching anything. The other things on this route I can catch is something with self destruct and Beldum.

Edit 2: Beldum can call for help. gently caress my life.

Crawfish fucked around with this message at 12:16 on Nov 19, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Crawfish posted:

I have found wild Ditto, but it has lead to the darkest of lariat situations.

Edit: This route sucks for catching anything. The other things on this route I can catch is something with self destruct and Beldum.

Edit 2: Beldum can call for help. gently caress my life.

you can run from pokemon even if they call for help

also you should really invest in repels

Crawfish
Dec 11, 2012

Yeah, but I want to catch all these things. Got a Minior and a Beldum in a pokeball.

Just need to catch 2 Ditto and I can make progress.

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

Shhh... don't wake up the sleeping lion :3:

Sun version is supposed to have a normal day/night cycle, right? It's nighttime where I live now (and my 3ds' time is set accordingly) but it's daytime in-game.

Avalerion
Oct 19, 2012

It switches at 6AM/PM, afaik.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
The music in this game is pretty great. Team Skull has great music, (other great songs/major spoilers in spoiler tags) but so does the Aether Foundation and Lusamine.

The battles are also pretty good compared to X/Y and OR/AS, although Lusamine 2 can go to hell with her Clefable on steroids.

DarkstarIV fucked around with this message at 13:44 on Nov 19, 2016

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
Stop talking to me already aaaaAAAAAH

Also I really wish that the hairsalon would let you see what your hair would look like before charging you

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

DU WIRST NIEMALS ALLEINE MARSCHIEREN
i was not looking forward to SM OU, but it turns out, it's actually fairly great. a lot of the mons are really cool and have sick niches with notable enough drawbacks so that they're not broken. once they get rid of aegi and gene again and pheramosa it'll be really relaly great i bet

Xander B Coolridge
Sep 2, 2011
Kinda disappointed that I can't get long hair as a guy.

TheLightPurges
Sep 24, 2016

by exmarx

jwang posted:

You know, I never really realized it until now, but drat the PC is creepy as gently caress. Constantly smiling, staring, never blinking...

I think your mom wants you out of the house just because you're creepy as gently caress and she doesn't want to deal with that poo poo anymore.

My headcanon is all the mom's from the games want you out so they can bang the professors. Its creepier this time because the professor is her nephew or something but I don't change headcanon rules.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

You're meant to play as a girl. That's all there is to it.
Same as having a female Popplio.

Sure, you can not do that, but it's clearly not the intent.

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

Minior is cool and I like it, too bad it's terrible.

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer
I've been fighting this Wishiwashi for like 20 minutes what the actual hell is going on.

Someone said they can't call for help if you give them a status effect but this thing keeps calling for help even though it's asleep :negative:

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Can I just keep soft resetting next to a berry pile to try and get a Crabrawler? Does the pile shake or anything when there is one in there?

Crawfish
Dec 11, 2012

Your Computer posted:

I've been fighting this Wishiwashi for like 20 minutes what the actual hell is going on.

Someone said they can't call for help if you give them a status effect but this thing keeps calling for help even though it's asleep :negative:
If it's the one i'm thinking about, it's like the one pokemon given a 90% SOS rate.

Just kill the encounter and grab a Wishiwashi later.

Classtoise
Feb 11, 2008

THINKS CON-AIR WAS A GOOD MOVIE
Ugh Oricorio is soooo disappointing.

It doesn't learn its' cool-rear end mini-judgment until 40. And it learns nothing good or noteworthy until then.

It's basically just a lovely bird pokemon until it learns Revelation Dance. I wanted it to be cool so bad! None of the forms learn anything new!

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Crawfish posted:

If it's the one i'm thinking about, it's like the one pokemon given a 90% SOS rate.

Just kill the encounter and grab a Wishiwashi later.

Aight thanks, took your advice :smith:

Also why does this game (series) have to make every tiny cute pokemon a Grass and/or Fairy type :arghfist::saddowns: I'm gonna end up with a team of just grass and fairy. Cutiefly, Bounsweet, Comfey, Morelull, Fomantis, Petilil.. it's a trend.

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

Classtoise posted:

Ugh Oricorio is soooo disappointing.

It doesn't learn its' cool-rear end mini-judgment until 40. And it learns nothing good or noteworthy until then.

It's basically just a lovely bird pokemon until it learns Revelation Dance. I wanted it to be cool so bad! None of the forms learn anything new!

A C R O B A T I C S

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

mabels big day posted:

Can I just keep soft resetting next to a berry pile to try and get a Crabrawler? Does the pile shake or anything when there is one in there?

Don't know if you can reset. If I recall correctly, the pile looks a bit bigger. Could have imagined it.

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Marge, I'd like to be alone with the sandwich for a moment.

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...
You just walk up to the very first pile and there's one in it. Super easy.

BlueOccamy
Jul 1, 2010
I restarted three times to get all three starters, sending the first two to my husband for safekeeping in the meanwhile. I'm gonna see how far I can get using just them! (Also it takes ~40 minutes from title screen to being able to trade, and you have to have at least two pokemon. I felt like I was in Groundhog Day.)

Deified Data
Nov 3, 2015

Fun Shoe
I kind of dig the "Pokémon bounties" you get at Pokémon Centers every once in a while. It'd be cool if they expanded on that a bit, like if you caught a specific mon with a specific gender or ability it would net you a small fortune.

The Golden Gael
Nov 12, 2011

How is Island Scan meant to work? Marill's running around in the bay you fight Wishiwashi at, but I don't see a silhouette or anything. Is it just added to the encounter table til I find it?

Shadow Ninja 64
May 21, 2007

"I stood there, wondering why the puck was getting bigger...

and then it hit me."

Amulet Coin and the prerelease Munchlax's Happy Hour stack so now I have a big ol' Snorlax makin it rain every trainer fight for mad cash.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

The Golden Gael posted:

How is Island Scan meant to work? Marill's running around in the bay you fight Wishiwashi at, but I don't see a silhouette or anything. Is it just added to the encounter table til I find it?

Yeah and with my new candle friend he was the first one to pop up when I went through grass.

Axel Serenity
Sep 27, 2002

Shadow Ninja 64 posted:

Amulet Coin and the prerelease Munchlax's Happy Hour stack so now I have a big ol' Snorlax makin it rain every trainer fight for mad cash.

WELP

12k just from each match by the Nursery at the ranch. This is good. Very good, indeed.

Become the Kingpin you were meant to be, Munchlax

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

https://twitter.com/Kekeflipnote/status/798965165349711872

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

The Fire Trial is one of the funniest things these games have ever done.

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

Ethiser posted:

The Fire Trial is one of the funniest things these games have ever done.

it's incredible

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
I think I'm almost finished at the first island and my team is Dartrix, Litwick (From Island Scan) and Drifloon and I haven't even caught a Mimikyu yet. Looks like I'm going for an impromptu Ghost run.

Shadow Ninja 64
May 21, 2007

"I stood there, wondering why the puck was getting bigger...

and then it hit me."

Where does one Island Scan? I must've overlooked it.

Inflammatory
Apr 22, 2014
what patches on route 8 have stufful, this is v important.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

Shadow Ninja 64 posted:

Where does one Island Scan? I must've overlooked it.
It's on your menu in the second screen. You scan any QR codes and it will give you a random Pokemon, or you can scan Specific QR codes to unlock the "Seen" in the Pokedex. After you scan 10 QR codes a rare pokemon will be added to the encounter list to a route somewhere on the island, and after you battle it once it disappears. After scanning the first 10, I think you have to wait 2 hours before you can scan again meaning it takes almost a full day to be able to do another Island Scan.

On Island 1 I've caught Litwick and saw Chikorita, and saw people mention the other 2 Johto starters.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012
is there a way to assign specific pokemons to islands in the pelago or does it even matter

OmniBeer
Jun 5, 2011

This is no time to
remain stagnant!
Um.. Is Pokerus more common than it once was, or did I get veeeeeeeery lucky catching my first Pokemon after nabbing Rowlett?

'Cause, drat, that was a surprise. Haha.

AlphaKretin
Dec 25, 2014

A vase to face encounter.

...Vase to meet you?

GARVASE DAY!

OmniBeer posted:

Um.. Is Pokerus more common than it once was, or did I get veeeeeeeery lucky catching my first Pokemon after nabbing Rowlett?

'Cause, drat, that was a surprise. Haha.

Quick, box it so the Rus doesn't expire before you can spread it. :ohdear:

SirBukkake
Aug 24, 2006
Idk some black dude
Does anybody know what the green alert badge for Festival Plaza means? Also how can you discern your actual 3ds friends from randos?

...I miss the PSS.

OmniBeer
Jun 5, 2011

This is no time to
remain stagnant!

AlphaKretin posted:

Quick, box it so the Rus doesn't expire before you can spread it. :ohdear:

Ohhhh, I did. After spreading it to like, everything I had to make sure I'll always have plenty of things it can keep spreading to in the box.

But, poo poo. A quick google says that it's a 1/21,845 chance of finding it on a wild Pokemon. That's.. Wow. Haha.

Nessa
Dec 15, 2008

El Burbo posted:

I'm I the unluckiest person on the planet or is Oricorio just stupidly hard to catch

3 pokeballs 2 great balls 2 ultra balls and then it calls for help and my guys aren't equipped to grind them up so I run away

I had trouble with Oricorio too, but not as much. Took a heal ball and 4 great balls to catch with it calling for help several times.

Though her move pool isn't so great right now, since she doesn't know an electric move and I already have 2 other birds. I put Pricilla the Oricorio in the box for now.

Also, oh my goodness, Fomantis sounds like a little squeaky toy. It's so adorable. I caught one to take through the water trial and named her Orchid. :3:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

OmniBeer posted:

Ohhhh, I did. After spreading it to like, everything I had to make sure I'll always have plenty of things it can keep spreading to in the box.

But, poo poo. A quick google says that it's a 1/21,845 chance of finding it on a wild Pokemon. That's.. Wow. Haha.

one time in platinum i got pokerus within half an hour of finding a shiny shinx

to balance out that kind of luck i'm expecting to basically never get another shiny again