Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Lobok posted:

^^Thought that was Wendigo.

Snowbird was the one who would die if she left Canada for too long.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

prefect posted:

Snowbird was the one who would die if she left Canada for too long.

Which nearly happened every other issue from all the time she spent in Florida?

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Lobok posted:

:golfclap:

New Wave Jose
Aug 20, 2008

Lobok posted:

Hahahahah

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Archie no context.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Nick Fury: Howling Commando, Director of SHIELD, Master Cockblocker

Strange Tales #155

graham cracker
Mar 8, 2004

"There is no God! Right, Mama?"

"True."

Lobok posted:

Strange Tales #155

rear end Ventriloquism is one of Nick Fury's many diversion tactics.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic
Ace Ventura learned from the best.

smashpro1
Mar 1, 2009

Shirley, these things happen in video games. We can't get hung up on real-world morality.

Lobok posted:

Strange Tales #155

Is Nick Fury capable of walking through doors, or can he only do dramatic entrances?

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
Doors are where they expect you to come in.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

smashpro1 posted:

Is Nick Fury capable of walking through doors, or can he only do dramatic entrances?

I don't think I've seen Nick Fury go through a door. He's always either doing a dramatic entrance, emerging from the shadows, or just already in the scene.

Kangaroo Jerk
Jul 23, 2000

smashpro1 posted:

Marvel Adventures The Avengers: Infinity Gauntlet

Kangaroo Jerk fucked around with this message at 21:25 on Nov 19, 2016

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

Hyrodcephalic Spider-Man

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug

Gumby posted:

Marvel Adventures The Avengers: Infinity Gauntlet

I strongly feel that the reason they have Doom every so often do something so cartoonishly mustache twirlingly :moreevil: like making a suit out of his old girlfriend's skin and hell magic (which lasted all of what, two issues?)...

Is because they were very desperate for ways to remind us "Hey, no. He's a super villain darn it." because Doom is just to loving amazing 99.999~% of the time to ever stay mad at even when committing war crimes like demonstrating a scale model of the giant sticks of dynamite under his kingdom :allears:

DOOM :swoon:

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

Doom cares not for your cliche edginess! Doom has a reputation to uphold!

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

Section Z posted:

I strongly feel that the reason they have Doom every so often do something so cartoonishly mustache twirlingly :moreevil: like making a suit out of his old girlfriend's skin and hell magic (which lasted all of what, two issues?)...

Is because they were very desperate for ways to remind us "Hey, no. He's a super villain darn it." because Doom is just to loving amazing 99.999~% of the time to ever stay mad at even when committing war crimes like demonstrating a scale model of the giant sticks of dynamite under his kingdom :allears:

DOOM :swoon:

The first few issues of the current Squirrel Girl run were incredible. Doom conquered the future and everything was named with some variation of DOOM.

SilverSupernova
Feb 1, 2013

flosofl posted:

The first few issues of the current Squirrel Girl run were incredible. Doom conquered the future and everything was named with some variation of DOOM.

And the Doom's were always in all caps. For example the Sydney DOOM House (featuring Opera)

Gnome de plume
Sep 5, 2006

Hell.
Fucking.
Yes.
DOOM House?

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug

flosofl posted:

That's the one where they demonstrated the fact DOOM also has a DOOM based programming language earlier in the thread, right? :allears:

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

Section Z posted:

That's the one where they demonstrated the fact DOOM also has a DOOM based programming language earlier in the thread, right? :allears:

Oh god, I forgot about that. Time for a re-read.

Canemacar
Mar 8, 2008

You mean the International House of DOOM? IHOD?

Alacron
Feb 15, 2007

-->Have tearful reunion with your son
-->Eh
Fun Shoe

Yeah. DOOOOOOOOOM

Vlaphor
Dec 18, 2005

Lipstick Apathy

SilverSupernova posted:

And the Doom's were always in all caps.

There is literally a song about how to properly write DOOM's name

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ewc1hixzYPY

Granted, it's MF DOOM, but the point still stands.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Sharks are not smart.

PJOmega
May 5, 2009

Which Transformers series is this, and is it in trades yet? I have gifts to buy.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Its 'More Than Meets the Eye' by Roberts. Its pretty good except for when it gets dragged into the usual crossover nonsense.

Which, since its toy mandated crossover nonsense, is a drat sight worse than regular old comic mandated crossover nonsense.

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.

Say Nothing posted:

Sharks are not smart.

These are magical. I hope the movie will have some of that, I need dumb as bricks sharks in my life.

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

I think this is it... I think this is how it ends

PJOmega posted:

Which Transformers series is this, and is it in trades yet? I have gifts to buy.

As above More Than Meets The Eye

Synthbuttrange posted:

Its 'More Than Meets the Eye' by Roberts. Its pretty good except for when it gets dragged into the usual crossover nonsense.

Which, since its toy mandated crossover nonsense, is a drat sight worse than regular old comic mandated crossover nonsense.

Roberts has just written his own Revolution crossover with the Hasbro properties, and he gave one of the GI Joe operatives the name, um, 'MP3'

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Kwyndig posted:

I don't think I've seen Nick Fury go through a door. He's always either doing a dramatic entrance, emerging from the shadows, or just already in the scene.

He's also incapable of leaving a place through the door:

darkwasthenight
Jan 7, 2011

GENE TRAITOR

Say Nothing posted:

Sharks are not smart.

Grendels Dad posted:

These are magical. I hope the movie will have some of that, I need dumb as bricks sharks in my life.

Don't know about the top one, but the second one can only be a tribute to the classic Viz strip Crap Sharks. Bizarre.

Senior Woodchuck
Aug 29, 2006

When you're lost out there and you're all alone, a light is waiting to carry you home
There's one where a shark is swimming by and is just "food food food food hi waterman food food".

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

I fell in love with a Video Nasty
I think the best part is the continuity between different writers for the idiocy of sharks :allears:

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice
Aquaman: The Idiocy of Sharks has a ring to it.

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

keyboard ⌨️​ :clint: cowboy

Elfface posted:

Here, have PBF do the same basic joke much better.

http://pbfcomics.com/275/

idgi

TheCenturion
May 3, 2013
HI I LIKE TO GIVE ADVICE ON RELATIONSHIPS

The sound effects are all racial slurs.

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

Those sound effects are called onomatopoeia
:goonsay:

To find the proper spelling I googled "onamaptoei". Nailed it!

Robert Plant
Jan 6, 2015

God drat I still love The Perry Bible Fellowship

Johnny Aztec
Jan 30, 2005

by Hand Knit
The PBF threads here on SA were just...amazing.

Lily Catts
Oct 17, 2012

Show me the way to you
(Heavy Metal)
From Uncanny Inhumans #2. Black Bolt finds out that Johnny Storm and Medusa have hooked up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic
:stare: If I were Johnny I would be just a little bit more reluctant to piss off a man who could reduce me to atoms by saying my name too loudly.