Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
OhFunny
Jun 26, 2013

EXTREMELY PISSED AT THE DNC

Teenage Fansub posted:

But now it's time to follow the writer over to The Flintstones :)

I've heard good things, so I'll give it a shot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Entrapta fucking loves robots

Grimey Drawer
Ugh, everything about this book looks awesome.

Retailers are under ordering Motor Crush because it's about a black woman

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Last day to join Secret Santa!

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Everyone should get Klaus for christmas. That was a great comic.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
If you're talking about how many people have been Batman in the comics (mostly Bruce Wayne, but there was that French bastard and Dick Grayson for a bit) do you say Batmen or Batmans?

NieR Occomata
Jan 18, 2009

Glory to Mankind.

Batmen. I believe there was a story arc during Morrison's run that was actually called "The Three Batmen", in fact.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax
A critical aspect: these are examples of Batmen operating simultaneously, a multitude of men sharing batlike traits, but Skwirl was asking specifically about people who donned the singular role of The Goddamn Batman himself.

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."
Batsman.

NieR Occomata
Jan 18, 2009

Glory to Mankind.

Yes, there were three Batmen running around simultaneously during Morrison's run (well four, counting The Goddamn Batman), and two were operational post- ROBW.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

It's definitely Batmans when you're talking about people fulfilling the singular role of The Goddamn Batman.

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."
What is the collective noun for Batmen/Batmans?

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Batsmens

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

Doctor Spaceman posted:

A NANANANANANANANANANA.

Zachack
Jun 1, 2000

B'tammn is the Latin spelling.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Doctor Spaceman posted:

An orphan.

FAT BATMAN
Dec 12, 2009

So, did Prez's 12-page special final issue ever come out?

OhFunny
Jun 26, 2013

EXTREMELY PISSED AT THE DNC

FAT BATMAN posted:

So, did Prez's 12-page special final issue ever come out?

They made it a bonus story of this Catwoman issue:

https://www.comixology.com/Catwoman-Election-Night-2016-1/digital-comic/437961?ref=c2VhcmNoL2luZGV4L3RhYmxldC9zbGlkZXJMaXN0L2l0ZW1TbGlkZXI

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

What.

They really want it to die dont they.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Wanted*

Mark Russell announced the story in the same tweet where he broke the news that the second half of the series definitely wasn't happening.

*I'm sure nobody wanted it to sell nothing. They did keep him on to write a very similar thing, only this time couched in a known property.

e: and to the probable chagrin of most in the Funny Panels thread, The Flintstones hasn't been cancelled yet! :toot:

Teenage Fansub fucked around with this message at 08:30 on Nov 19, 2016

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Doctor Spaceman posted:

Batdudes:

Scaramouche
Mar 26, 2001

SPACE FACE! SPACE FACE!

That reminds me that bat-haw was once a thing

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

Haha apparently I forgot to bookmark the new chat thread and haven't posted in it all fuckin month, what's up

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

purple death ray posted:

Haha apparently I forgot to bookmark the new chat thread and haven't posted in it all fuckin month, what's up

I keep forgetting who you are since you got your usernamed changed.

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib

purple death ray posted:

No wonder it's been so quiet.

I kid I kid.

Vincent
Nov 25, 2005

Did not expect the Prince of Cats book to be as big as it is.

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib
Thanksgiving is coming up soon (or as we call it up here in Canada "Yanksgiving") and with all the poo poo going on in the world and such I figured maybe it would be nice to give thanks to something, and this being a comic book forum I figured I would try make it comicbook related, so I pose the following question to you goons, who are you thankful to for getting you addicted to the world of comicbooks? Who would you like to thank for setting you on this terrible wondrous path?

For me, it would have to be my brother who got me reading comics at a young age by first showing me his Archie comics (while explaining the Archie - Betty - Veronica dynamics) and then let me read all his Batman comics repeatedly so until the covers came off; to my dad for his extensive Mad Magazine collection from years past; and to Saul, the brother of my brother's friend, who let me read his Sandman stuff, and his copy of Watchmen and Dark Knight Returns and such who showed me that there was a world of comics outside of simple Batman and archie tales.
To them I say thanks for getting me to develop an expensive habit, one that I have enjoyed for over 20 years.

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer

Madkal posted:

who are you thankful to for getting you addicted to the world of comicbooks? Who would you like to thank for setting you on this terrible wondrous path?
I would have to thank the workers of The Great Escape in Nashville! There was just something about that store that made those Knightsend comics on the wall look like the coolest poo poo ever.

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax
Dad. Huge box of 90s comics. This is also the origin of my affection towards the Death of Superman storyline.

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

I honestly don't know anyone I can thank for that. My dad showed me the old Batman show but mostly he was an abusive shithead who wanted me to be into sports and join the army and anything else was "queer" so I don't see how he deserves thanks for anything.

Thanks, Tim Burton's Batman and the Xmen cartoon! You got me into comic books.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

My uncle gave me all his old comics which got me into comics. Also he is an awesome dude who runs a popular gay fashion blog while also being a giant nerd.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

WickedHate posted:

Dad. Huge box of 90s comics. This is also the origin of my affection towards the Death of Superman storyline.

I'm calling CPS.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY
My mom used to buy me all the $.10 or $.25 comics from the local goodwill or Salvation Army. Used to have a lot of Charlie Brown, heathcliffe, Andy Capp, and Archie books.

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Madkal posted:

Who would you like to thank for setting you on this terrible wondrous path?

My parents and their huge collection of Asterix & Obelix and Lucky Luke collection. Also the guy I knew when I lived in a student house who had a huge comic book collection and was more than happy to share it with me.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
I don't have a person to blame for me reading comics other than myself, but i suppose i could thank my tablet and the internet for making it easy enough to find and read books that i got into it

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax
Hey everyone. I think I'm gonna log out and take a break from posting for awhile, maybe a week or two, or all through December. I like SA but sometimes it's just really stressful and makes me feel worse than I usually do so I need to like, step back and calm down and stuff. Merry early Christmas BSS.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

WickedHate posted:

Hey everyone. I think I'm gonna log out and take a break from posting for awhile, maybe a week or two, or all through December. I like SA but sometimes it's just really stressful and makes me feel worse than I usually do so I need to like, step back and calm down and stuff. Merry early Christmas BSS.

Honestly probably sensible.

SA has a bad habit of making negative feelings moreso and if you feel yourself getting overwhelmed it's probably better to step away.

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib

WickedHate posted:

Go outside and enjoy some nature. Or go explore your local library, or museum, or art gallery. Enjoy the spaces around you.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
gently caress that, the outdoors is where all the jerks are.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib

Rhyno posted:

gently caress that, the outdoors is where all the jerks are.

They can't be outdoors if they keep trolling comments sections and online forums.

• Locked thread