Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

Z moves seem kinda boring but the interesting part is Z status moves. Like Z-Splash increases your attack 3 stages, more than sword dance

Shneak posted:

Also, Rowlet using Astonish is the best attack animation of all time.

YES

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zuzie
Jun 30, 2005

I got this for a Ratatta on GTS.

Can you access the Poké Pelago instantly or do you need to progress and unlock it? I've only just beaten Hala and earned the Fighting Z crystal.

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

If it's only for a night I can live without you

e: nvm figured it out

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

Just realized that my trumbeak has keen eye instead of skill link so I'm just gonna get a new one and keep from evolving til level 27

Blaziken386
Jun 27, 2013

I'm what the kids call: a big nerd

Nodoze posted:

How does this work? do they just spawn and you catch them?
Each scan puts that pokemon in your pokedex. Every 10 scans, you can spawn a random pokemon on the island you're on. Here's a list of all the possible spawn pokemon.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

Ya take the moon and ya take the sun

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Zuzie posted:

Can you access the Poké Pelago instantly or do you need to progress and unlock it? I've only just beaten Hala and earned the Fighting Z crystal.

it unlocks along with flying

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Marge, I'd like to be alone with the sandwich for a moment.

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...
Wow I just ran into my first ever shiny!

It's a spearow

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER

FishBulb posted:

It's a spearow

Fearow is cool and good.

Shneak
Mar 6, 2015

A sad Professor Plum
sitting on a toilet.

FishBulb posted:

It's a spearow

Trade it for the Machop.

LEGO Genetics
Oct 8, 2013

She growls as she storms the stadium
A villain mean and rough
And the cops all shake and quiver and quake
as she stabs them with her cuffs
One day GameFreak will improve some of the shiny forms of certain Pokémon to make them less butt ugly.

One. Day.

Blaziken386
Jun 27, 2013

TFRazorsaw posted:

Let's see an older protag come back that isn't Red. At this point him coming back is as novel as an appearance by Wolverine.
another good person to come back: Barry
he was the best rival

Blaziken386
Jun 27, 2013

LEGO Genetics posted:

One day GameFreak will improve some of the shiny forms of certain Pokémon to make them less butt ugly.

One. Day.
Every shiny pokemon will just be made green

Reco
Feb 26, 2011

enemy one body to the proximity Zan attack discard the power slap hit.
what the gently caress why is vikavolt the slowest fucker alive

Proud Rat Mom
Apr 2, 2012

did absolutely fuck all

Hivac posted:

what the gently caress why is vikavolt the slowest fucker alive

he's based on a bullethell/starfox spaceship, he learns agility level 50something to represent boosting

EclecticTastes
Sep 17, 2012

"Most plans are critically flawed by their own logic. A failure at any step will ruin everything after it. That's just basic cause and effect. It's easy for a good plan to fall apart. Therefore, a plan that has no attachment to logic cannot be stopped."
Does anyone have a comprehensive list of Pokefinder spots yet? I love that Pokemon Snap is back and need more of it. So far I've found spots in Hau'oli City (Growlithe and Pikachu), the cemetery (Saw Pikipek in the day, Gastly at night, might be others), and the Hau'oli Meadow (only saw Cutiefly). I'm going to get all the imaginary Likes and Subscribes.

limp dick calvin
Sep 1, 2006

Strepitoso. Vedete? Una meraviglia.
I've only put an hour in but this game is fun. The 3D world makes it feel like a whole new, but really familiar series

Blaziken386
Jun 27, 2013

Proud Rat Mom posted:

he's based on a bullethell/starfox spaceship, he learns agility level 50something to represent boosting
I thought it was based off of a Railgun?

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
I do miss the heelies / autorun of XY. Wish they had kept that. There's never a reason I'm not running and having to hold down a button is annoying

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

I have a level 30 pikachu

Should I evolve it so it can learn psychic moves too or is that not how it works?

Blaziken386
Jun 27, 2013

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

Should I evolve it so it can learn psychic moves too or is that not how it works?
You should evolve it because Alolan Raichu is great and the best
It being able to learn Psychic is just the cherry on top

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

Blaziken386 posted:

I thought it was based off of a Railgun?

it is

Ignimbrite
Jan 5, 2010

BALLS BALLS BALLS
Dinosaur Gum
gently caress MAGBYS

Fuckers can call for help the same turn their help faints

TVs Ian
Jun 1, 2000

Such graceful, delicate creatures.

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

Okay, i'm lost on Pu Town
beat all the goons in the mansion and found all the notes, told the guy the answers and he's telling me to get more into the Team Skull life? I don't get what to do.

If you haven't figured it out yet, One of the notes mentions that Team Skull always says No, so after he asks you if you're sure about your answers, say no. If you try saying no when he asks for the password, it's kind of a hint. Still took me rereading the notes to figure it out.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012
my emo owl died and became a nazgul

rip borb you were too fair for this world

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

Hello, yes! Is being very good day for posting, no?

FishBulb posted:

It's a spearow

I, too, just ran into my first shiny.

It's a Surskit :geno:

Geostomp
Oct 22, 2008

Unite: MASH!!
~They've got the bad guys on the run!~

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

Raichu, like most stone evolverss stops learning moves naturally after evolving.

Hammerite
Mar 9, 2007

And you don't remember what I said here, either, but it was pompous and stupid.
Jade Ear Joe
Could someone post a screengrab of the pokedex page for one of the pokemon with an Alola form (Persian, Diglett, etc.)? Showing the view where it allows you to cycle through different forms you've seen, if they've kept that. I want to know whether the pokedex records whether you've encountered both genders for these pokemon (and if so whether it does it for both regular and Alolan forms), or whether it's now "regular form/Alolan form".

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

My disdain for you all knows no bounds.

Hammerite posted:

Could someone post a screengrab of the pokedex page for one of the pokemon with an Alola form (Persian, Diglett, etc.)? Showing the view where it allows you to cycle through different forms you've seen, if they've kept that. I want to know whether the pokedex records whether you've encountered both genders for these pokemon (and if so whether it does it for both regular and Alolan forms), or whether it's now "regular form/Alolan form".

Unlike the Gen VI games, male and female Pokemon are considered to be the same form, unless that Pokemon specifically has gender differences.

Axel Serenity
Sep 27, 2002
Wonder traded into a Grimer named "The Solution" with Pokerus on him

Time to send back an army of Yungooses named Patient Zero. Get ready, world :getin:

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

The Lord of Hats posted:

I, too, just ran into my first shiny.

It's a Surskit :geno:

Congrats, it evolves into this cool dude:

Hammerite
Mar 9, 2007

And you don't remember what I said here, either, but it was pompous and stupid.
Jade Ear Joe

Dr. Fetus posted:

Unlike the Gen VI games, male and female Pokemon are considered to be the same form, unless that Pokemon specifically has gender differences.

That's interesting, thanks for the info. I need to go look up which mons have gender differences then. Luckily Bulbapedia has a page listing them because of course they do.

Mr. Creakle
Apr 27, 2007

Protecting your virginity

Holy poo poo gently caress the Lurantis totem battle

Synthesis to heal away damage caused by my Z move, allies that turn it into a sun team or use water on my fire types, and that spammable physical equivalent to Solar Beam. Ugh.

Guess you're hosed if you can't OHKO it, time to grind :(

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

EclecticTastes posted:

This is the first time since Gen 4 that I've had a genuinely hard time picking a team. I have a policy of only using a given Pokemon once, so between all the remakes and "third version" business, I've used basically every old Pokemon I wanted to, but between the really fantastic newcomers and Alola forms of old favorites like Geodude and Diglett, this may end up just like Diamond, where I raised around a dozen other Pokemon in the post-game just for fun. I did some counting, and my short list of Pokemon I definitely want to play with could fill three teams. This is a fairly amusing contrast with Gen 5, where I struggled to even find a full six that I wanted to use.

My "use only bug types" strategy is serving me well. After getting through the first 3 islands I've found exactly 6 bug type lines. Cons: one of them is Ledian. And Gollisopod makes me think of real life marine isopods which are like the grossest things in the universe.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
Gladion's theme is one of my favorite pokemon battle songs

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

extra row of teeth posted:

Holy poo poo gently caress the Lurantis totem battle

Synthesis to heal away damage caused by my Z move, allies that turn it into a sun team or use water on my fire types, and that spammable physical equivalent to Solar Beam. Ugh.

Guess you're hosed if you can't OHKO it, time to grind :(

an oricorio with feather dance really helped me out on that one, two casts of that and it was doing gently caress-all damage

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
I didn't have trouble with that fight because I had the Fire Z-move (and you should too), but consider using X-Defends if you have access to them

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

TheLightPurges posted:

Ok my new favorite thing form the new game:

Typically the protag doesnt talk in these games which is fine and they write the script with that in mind to skip awkward moments.

In this one they ask your character direct questions, pan to you, you stand there unmoving with a stupid grin on your face in silence, and then the scene awkwardly moves on.

It owns.

My favorite thing about this is how your character doesn't emote at all in any way. The other main characters actually portray a good bit of emotion but the PC, the girl in particular, just has a constant poo poo eating grin plastered across their face. Was that the case with XY/ORAS too? I can't remember.

Blooming Brilliant
Jul 12, 2010

The Moon Monster posted:

My favorite thing about this is how your character doesn't emote at all in any way. The other main characters actually portray a good bit of emotion but the PC, the girl in particular, just has a constant poo poo eating grin plastered across their face. Was that the case with XY/ORAS too? I can't remember.

It was less noticeable given that outside of cutscenes your ingame model wasn't that great.

With full 3d your player character is just :stare:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

My guy usually has a dopey smile but there's been a fair number of other expressions too.

Usually just concern or worry though.