Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Asuka's gonna drop to Ember Moon, unless Hunter successfully raids Shimmer, then she'll drop to Shirai, probably.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
Shirai/Asuka actually has a really interesting backstory which is why I really hope she finishes up and they can build a program for the title, but I think that would be Feb/March at earliest and that's a whole lot of stalling in-between.

No Irish Need Imply
Nov 30, 2008
I couldn't get into Joe/Nakamura because DIY/Revival zapped me of energy and James/Asuka was a lot better than expected so it zapped the rest of the energy left. Was it good? The results were surprising.

Amazing PPV, though. Wow.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

Capsaicin posted:

Ah yeah, I forgot all about her.
Especially since Ember is from Texas and the Royal Rumble is in San Antonio

Cardboard Box
Jul 14, 2009

TV Zombie posted:

Raw would need more Tag Teams.

i would immediately assume raw because new day needs fresh opponents

Capsaicin
Nov 17, 2004

broof roof roof

achillesforever6 posted:

Especially since Ember is from Texas and the Royal Rumble is in San Antonio

and then Asuka wins the rumble the next night i like your thinking

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Better Living Through Birding And Pessimism
I was surprised to see Joe get such a decisive win. But I guess you have to do that sort of thing sometimes. I think Nakamura will steal the belt back again though because there's nobody in line to take his place at the top of NXT. Then Joe will go up, maybe the Rumble the next day.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Kawalimus posted:

I was surprised to see Joe get such a decisive win. But I guess you have to do that sort of thing sometimes. I think Nakamura will steal the belt back again though because there's nobody in line to take his place at the top of NXT. Then Joe will go up, maybe the Rumble the next day.

Someone suggested that Nakamura wins it back at the Osaka show which would also make sense.

The Lore Bear
Jan 21, 2014

I don't know what to put here. Guys? GUYS?!

Midnightghoul posted:

I got hit by a loving chain

that would be the greatest moment of my life, getting hit by a chain then watching three amazing wrestling matches back to back to back. i would think i was dreaming the whole time and/or concussed.

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade

No Irish Need Imply posted:

I couldn't get into Joe/Nakamura because DIY/Revival zapped me of energy and James/Asuka was a lot better than expected so it zapped the rest of the energy left. Was it good? The results were surprising.
Yeah, I couldn't get into the first half of the main either for that reason. I managed to muster some energy again towards the end and liked it.

sigmachiev
Dec 31, 2007

Fighting blood excels

frankenfreak posted:

Yeah, I couldn't get into the first half of the main either for that reason. I managed to muster some energy again towards the end and liked it.

It's actually a thing with NXT main events that the first half of the match is usually pretty dead while the crowd settles in after expending a lot of energy the previous two hours. The trend goes back to Owens as champion.

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Jesus! Jesus Christ! Say his name! Jesus! Jesus! Come down now!

Basic Chunnel posted:

Well see you all for the second rematch

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

:darksouls:
i'd reopen the nxt thread and update the OP but triple h still hasn't taken a loving photo with samoa joe yet :argh:

here's some good aftermath content

https://twitter.com/SamoaJoe/status/800186012597153792

very good Tye promo: https://www.facebook.com/WWENXT/videos/1158216970894532/
Ellering + AOP: https://www.facebook.com/WWENXT/videos/1158233144226248/

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

sigmachiev posted:

It's actually a thing with NXT main events that the first half of the match is usually pretty dead while the crowd settles in after expending a lot of energy the previous two hours. The trend goes back to Owens as champion.

I enjoy the two hour format more than dedicating four hours of my life to wrestling but it does mean the crowd don't get much recovery time.

im cute
Sep 21, 2009

I'm just now watching this. Please no spoilers while my wrestlefu Bayley Asuka defends her title.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
NXT also has a long history of undercard matches overshadowing the main event, mostly because they had Sami Zayn doing undercard matches for a while. It's just that there's always a very good and fast match before the main that gets ya, and WWE booking for mains means matches start out slow and ramp up.

im cute
Sep 21, 2009

Also please don't spoil how quickly cornrows here eats poo poo from Bobby Roooooo

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Baron Corbyn posted:

Someone suggested that Nakamura wins it back at the Osaka show which would also make sense.

That makes sense then and will probably happen. Then maybe by then he'll be facing Roode.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
Shouldn't lose to her but I'd like to see Asuka with a Sara del Ray program for a one last chance thing and also fighting for her girls.

Also would mean we get SDR v Kana.

DM Punk
Aug 24, 2004
I could see Asuka beating Ember Moon in January and then finally facing SDR at WM weekend.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Lid posted:

Shouldn't lose to her but I'd like to see Asuka with a Sara del Ray program for a one last chance thing and also fighting for her girls.

Also would mean we get SDR v Kana.

i've been pitching SDR as the Last Boss for a bit, kinda wanna see that match on NXT, really.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Kawalimus posted:

I was surprised to see Joe get such a decisive win.

He kicked Nakamura in the balls

sigmachiev
Dec 31, 2007

Fighting blood excels

DM Punk posted:

I could see Asuka beating Ember Moon in January and then finally facing SDR at WM weekend.

She's going to lose to Ember Moon and it's going to kind of suck when it happens.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
The crowd ate the opener up but like their live event matches it went too long for me. Haste should be a singles wrestler most likely. The tag title match was super smart. Mickie James's in ring and star quality is still there in abundance. The singles titleholders & Nakamura all bore me and have a huge anti-fun factor.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

sigmachiev posted:

She's going to lose to Ember Moon and it's going to kind of suck when it happens.

I don't know, Meltzer has always said that they view Asuka as NXT only. If that's the case, and things can change certainly, you could have Ember build up and lose to her before being promoted. It will be interesting to see what they do because they still don't really have a midcard for the NXT women since the callups. The Aussie women are sort of there but probably need more time.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

DM Punk posted:

Will owe Dave a beer if I am wrong but Del Rey doesn't seem to want to wrestle and can't wrestle due to the "rules" WWE has about coaches/producers wrestling.

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

rovert posted:

The crowd ate the opener up but like their live event matches it went too long for me. Haste should be a singles wrestler most likely. The tag title match was super smart. Mickie James's in ring and star quality is still there in abundance. The singles titleholders & Nakamura all bore me and have a huge anti-fun factor.

Two questions:

How are you watching live event matches other than some weird shaky cell phone footage of an entire match?

How the gently caress are you bored by Nakamura and Samoa Joe??

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

rovert posted:

On what planet is Nakamura anti-fun? Is Haste Thorne or Miller?

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you
Was at the show live. Watched a bit on the Network when I got home, crowd felt way louder in the building. Was a very fun show, the pop when DIY won was deafening. Also sat near Candice, it was cool to see her reactions to Johnny

Also JR was playing around with his phone for a lot of the show, drat millennials

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

Baron Corbyn posted:

On what planet is Nakamura anti-fun? Is Haste Thorne or Miller?

Haste is Shane Thorne my error. Nakamura in NXT is largely his entrance and gestures to me.

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

IcePhoenix posted:

He kicked Nakamura in the balls

I mean the whole match.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Kawalimus posted:

I mean the whole match.

I'm even more confused then because it was pretty even

Cornwind Evil
Dec 14, 2004

The undisputed world champion of wrestling effortposting
So a friend needed to borrow my computer for NXT Takeover so I was watching it over his shoulder.

Nakamura is revived by the fans singing his theme music.

Nakamura is literally an anime.

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

I hear you wish to ball, adventurer..
So they did some Sanity dark match poo poo to start the show and Sanity seem way cooler live. It's too bad Eric Young doesn't seem to be feuding with anyone of consequence. Seem like a heel group with a ton of upside.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Boy howdy can't wait for the Nakamura Was Always Bad posts to start rolling in now that rovert gave his lovely hot take

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Benne posted:

Boy howdy can't wait for the Nakamura Was Always Bad posts to start rolling in now that rovert gave his lovely hot take

Nakamura Was Always Good. Kevin Owens was always bad.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

Benne posted:

It is fair from a new take. https://twitter.com/CodyRhodes/status/800196116545355776

The Lore Bear
Jan 21, 2014

I don't know what to put here. Guys? GUYS?!

rovert posted:

Haste is Shane Thorne my error. Nakamura in NXT is largely his entrance and gestures to me.

did you get hit by a chain by any chance?

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

rovert posted:

Eh, I don't really see it. Other than his match with Aries, his big matches have been really good and he played his role really well in this Joe feud.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

im cute
Sep 21, 2009

rovert posted:

Boy, ur real dum

• Locked thread