Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

McDragon posted:

Also also Z-Metronome rules. I dunno what the mechanics are but it can do all the generic Z moves by the looks of things?

Z-Metronome chooses a random move like it always does but then gives you the Z-version of that move. So most of the time you get the standard elemental Z-moves but then sometimes you'll get one of the special ones and it rules.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Nessa posted:

I keep seeing Stuffuls that belong to other people, but have never been able to find one in the wild! I gave up trying to find one on route 8. Is it only in a certain patch of grass?

My team is pretty great as is, but I do need a Stufful. I ran across a lady with 8 of them! Why can't I just have one of hers?

Try the Akala outskirts, there's only one encounter table there so there's no worries about using the wrong grass.

Nemo07
Jul 26, 2013

Nessa posted:

I keep seeing Stuffuls that belong to other people, but have never been able to find one in the wild! I gave up trying to find one on route 8. Is it only in a certain patch of grass?

My team is pretty great as is, but I do need a Stufful. I ran across a lady with 8 of them! Why can't I just have one of hers?

Serebii says it's just a really rare (5%) encounter. I was having similar trouble finding Delibird on Route 3 since he's only found there in the top patch 10% of the time.

CommunityEdition
May 1, 2009

Tatum Girlparts posted:

Still now that my spider's leveled up I'm gonna experiment with Wishiwashi. Anyone messed around with the coward shrimp thing? I can't even catch one let alone tinker with it to know if it's worth leveling to evolve.

Try a Tauros charge

Solumin
Jan 11, 2013

Tatum Girlparts posted:

Wishiwashi isn't bad, and I wanna use mine more, but he's instantly outclassed by the waterspider you can get in the exact same area who hilariously gets a bonus on top of STAB for water moves and has a better movepool to pick from.

Still now that my spider's leveled up I'm gonna experiment with Wishiwashi. Anyone messed around with the coward shrimp thing? I can't even catch one let alone tinker with it to know if it's worth leveling to evolve.

I love the spider's design. As cool as Washiwashi is, I might try out the spider instead...

...except I'm trying to lessen my flying/rock weaknesses, not make it even worse. I guess I could swap out my Grubbin though.
Why do there have to be so many cool bug types this gen?

Mr. Creakle
Apr 27, 2007

Protecting your virginity

Is there any way to stop this calling for help bullshit? I have literally killed at least 10 Trumbeaks but loving Passimian won't let me catch it and won't even stay in Timer Balls

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

extra row of teeth posted:

Is there any way to stop this calling for help bullshit? I have literally killed at least 10 Trumbeaks but loving Passimian won't let me catch it and won't even stay in Timer Balls

Any status effect stops it.

someone awful.
Sep 7, 2007

My festival plaza is level 19

I have a problem :negative:

e: it's 20 now

someone awful. fucked around with this message at 06:41 on Nov 20, 2016

Mr. Creakle
Apr 27, 2007

Protecting your virginity

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

Sweet, thanks. I need a T-Wave user

Nessa
Dec 15, 2008

cheetah7071 posted:

Try the Akala outskirts, there's only one encounter table there so there's no worries about using the wrong grass.

It shows up there? Good to know!

Nemo07 posted:

Serebii says it's just a really rare (5%) encounter. I was having similar trouble finding Delibird on Route 3 since he's only found there in the top patch 10% of the time.

Ouch. That explains why I couldn't find one.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

extra row of teeth posted:

statuses, just plop a poison/paralysis/whatever on them and you're fine.

CommunityEdition posted:

Try a Tauros charge

good tip but also that just feels like bullying.

"Hey pokemon that's famously scared of everything, how do you like this bull charge???"

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

Shhh... don't wake up the sleeping lion :3:

kukui for best professor

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART

Tatum Girlparts posted:

Anyone messed around with the coward shrimp thing? I can't even catch one let alone tinker with it to know if it's worth leveling to evolve.

You mean Wimpod? Yeah, I raised one. It's a bit of a pain to level but you get one around level 20 and it evolves at level 30 and it's a monster when it evolves. I think it's definitely worth it.

Hunter Noventa
Apr 21, 2010

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

Lies, I had a Wishiwashi call for help 3 times in a row while asleep. Then another 5 after it woke up.

MinionOfCthulhu
Oct 28, 2005

I got this title for free due to my proximity to an idiot who wanted to save $5 on an avatar by having someone else spend $9.95 instead.
Oh my. I found a shiny in the wild. A Mudbray. I guess I'm obligated by fate to use it.

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

During the first trial if you say you don't remember the Skull duo they switch places. I have a soft spot for options like that.

Blaziken386
Jun 27, 2013

I'm what the kids call: a big nerd

MinionOfCthulhu posted:

Oh my. I found a shiny in the wild. A Mudbray. I guess I'm obligated by fate to use it.
So many people are finding shiny pokemon this generation, it's insane. My friend caught a shiny zubat earlier this evening.
Maybe there's a glitch that's making it actually much higher than 1/4000 chance?

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
how does everyone keep recognizing me when I completely change everything about my appearance in every town

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

cheetah7071 posted:

how does everyone keep recognizing me when I completely change everything about my appearance in every town

Your expression never changes. They just look for the permanently smiling kid

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Blaziken386 posted:

So many people are finding shiny pokemon this generation, it's insane. My friend caught a shiny zubat earlier this evening.
Maybe there's a glitch that's making it actually much higher than 1/4000 chance?

I've yet to find a shiny, as usual for my pokemon life

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

cheetah7071 posted:

You're the only person on the islands without a tan, since you only got there a few days ago

Also, lolled hard at the battle royal intro

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

I literally just caught my first shiny ever. The only other shiny pokemon i've ever had were ones like the Red Gyarados from G/S or pokemon from the gts. This is the first wild shiny I naturally encountered.

It's a metapod.

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART

cheetah7071 posted:

You're the only person in Alola with six pokeballs on your belt.

Desperate Character
Apr 13, 2009
what are some good grass types on island 2? I havent really seen any others except for cottanee and that bounsweet you trade for

also why the hell is Dewpider only catchable in the day? I want my diving bell buddy spider now :negative:

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

The Fire trial is the best trial I've encountered so far

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

Heroic Yoshimitsu posted:

I literally just caught my first shiny ever. The only other shiny pokemon i've ever had were ones like the Red Gyarados from G/S or pokemon from the gts. This is the first wild shiny I naturally encountered.

It's a metapod.

Butterfree was the only thing that got me past the Brock in Yellow

loving pikachu, cant due poo poo against gravelers, couldn't even turn on the sprinklers

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

My disdain for you all knows no bounds.

Blaziken386 posted:

There are a lot of people playing right now, so you're going to be hearing about a lot of success stories. Keep in mind that people aren't gonna be talking about the several other non-shinies they ran into. :v:

BrainDance
May 8, 2007

Disco all night long!

Zore posted:

Your expression never changes. They just look for the permanently smiling kid

If you put on sunglasses you give off a "I don't give a gently caress about any of this" vibe instead of a derpy vibe.

EclecticTastes
Sep 17, 2012

"Most plans are critically flawed by their own logic. A failure at any step will ruin everything after it. That's just basic cause and effect. It's easy for a good plan to fall apart. Therefore, a plan that has no attachment to logic cannot be stopped."
Why the hell do they introduce you to Battle Royales this early in the game, and then not bother implementing the staple feature from old Battle Tower variants of leveling your Pokemon up when you enter? I accidentally went with a Cutiefly that had Honey Gather, I need that drat Ability Capsule now.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Desperate Character posted:

what are some good grass types on island 2? I havent really seen any others except for cottanee and that bounsweet you trade for

also why the hell is Dewpider only catchable in the day? I want my diving bell buddy spider now :negative:

The grass trial zone has a bunch of grass stuff I think. Using the bounsweet is a good idea though, tsareena is incredible

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

Aww, if you go to sleep at home Meowth wakes you up and gives you an Awakening. :3:

Also the ambient Pokemon cries are great. Was gonna leave Ten Carat Hill until I heard what I swore was a Spinda. And yeah, I found one up there.

Shadow Ninja 64
May 21, 2007

"I stood there, wondering why the puck was getting bigger...

and then it hit me."

I want a sandcastle but all I keep finding are a bunch of nerdy starfish.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
AAA, I just got the game. Is the graphics supposed to be so jagged tho?

Reco
Feb 26, 2011

enemy one body to the proximity Zan attack discard the power slap hit.
the 3ds is a pile of circuits and garbage so it kind of has to so it doesn't run at like 2 fps

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
Nicknaming a pokemon "Finally" is amazing

"Finally used ember!" "Finally grew to level 33!"

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

"Is that your final dandy?"

Desperate Character posted:

Morelull (the mushroom) is really good when it evolves. Has tons of draining moves and gets Spore on level up.

Nessa
Dec 15, 2008

MinionOfCthulhu posted:

Mudbray is a good little donkey. Mine one shotted the fire totem Pokemon. She kept getting muddy after using Bulldozes, so she absolutely loves me. She's a Mudsdale now.

Does it have Stamina as an ability?

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021
I am the Alolan Champion. An incredible finale to it all too. Now to work on making my playthrough team properly trained up.

Edit: The team that carried me through -

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

Shhh... don't wake up the sleeping lion :3:

Carlosologist posted:

The Fire trial is the best trial I've encountered so far

The Poison trial, you mean.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009
So ProJerad uploaded the first and last part of his blind moon nuzlocke.

It went as well as to be expected for someone who keeps piling on dumb clauses upon himself and is also running blind.