Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rev. Bleech_
Oct 19, 2004

~OKAY, WE'LL DRINK TO OUR LEGS!~

areyoucontagious posted:

every time it felt completely fake as poo poo

I know this is days old and I'm beaten like crazy, but the real schadenfreude here is that there are people who actually think that loving FM radio has a whiff of originality, especially on hack guy-and-girl morning zoo shows that use the same Prepburger bits as every other guy-and-girl hack morning zoo show. They're the same in every market. Jocktober is the only good thing to ever come of them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VoidBurger
Jul 18, 2008

A leap into the void.
The burger in space.
Here's Matt Forney (rape-apologist “pickup artist” turned neonazi scumbag) stumbling away in sheer pathetic terror from two gay dudes making fun of him in broad daylight, very dangerous situation. Lucky he escaped with his life, thank goodness!
https://twitter.com/Paulllinois/status/800073049764745216

He was also featured in this cringey short video with his other sex-obsessed racist buddies who think they're really cool.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1YkWvIkED0s
MAN! What alphas! Can't believe these dudes don't get laid more.

UPDATE: Hbomberguy combined the two vids
https://twitter.com/Hbomberguy/status/800180673965330432

VoidBurger has a new favorite as of 04:40 on Nov 20, 2016

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Those guys sure can walk

SomeJazzyRat
Nov 2, 2012

Hmmm...
Man, and from 2 gay guys. When was the last time two metro gay guys have ever done anything to anyone.

And you fuckers better not say AIDS

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

VoidBurger posted:

Here's Matt Forney (rape-apologist “pickup artist” turned neonazi scumbag) stumbling away in sheer pathetic terror from two gay dudes making fun of him in broad daylight, very dangerous situation. Lucky he escaped with his life, thank goodness!
https://twitter.com/Paulllinois/status/800073049764745216

He was also featured in this cringey short video with his other sex-obsessed racist buddies who think they're really cool.
MAN! What alphas! Can't believe these dudes don't get laid more.

UPDATE: Hbomberguy combined the two vids
https://twitter.com/Hbomberguy/status/800180673965330432

Look out all feminists, here comes your worst nightmare, a few doughy waddling tech nerds!!

Grem
Mar 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 20 days!
I really like how Matt's still in the trailer really draws attention to the fact that he walks like his right leg is about ten pounds heavier than his left.

BOOTY-ADE
Aug 30, 2006

BIG KOOL TELLIN' Y'ALL TO KEEP IT TIGHT

Sagebrush posted:

Yeah, all of this is why the eventual best solution was decided to be "bury it underground in an unmarked location, somewhere that no one would have any possible reason to dig", like, say, a mine shaft in the middle of the Nevada desert.

Bury it, cover the entire site in Gympie Gympie plants, walk away

BovineFury
Oct 28, 2007
I moo for great justice!
Woman drivers.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gWHm_1ijTdY

Ak Gara
Jul 29, 2005

That's just the way he rolls.

Outrail posted:

Yeah, see it dosen't matter what it looks like. If it looks interesting people will want to check it out.

Humans go cave diving, spelunking, BASE jumping, volcano exploring, into space, deep see diving, bow hunting for Bears and Moose.....

Basicaly there's nothing you can do to make something look so dangerous that someone won;t think 'Yeah, challenge accepted ancient dudes'.

Surround the site with Welcome To Ohio signs?

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

Ak Gara posted:

You want them to go away not give up on everything.

dmnz
Feb 14, 2012

BNNRROWNWNWOWOWOWO

Jippa
Feb 13, 2009
That's like that steven king book.

Elohssa Gib
Aug 30, 2006

Easily Amused

No matter how good the graphics get video games just can't get physics right.

youknowthatoneguy
Mar 27, 2004
Mmm, boooofies!

Jippa posted:

That's like that steven king book.

Christie?

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

"Just another lovers' triangle, you say? Not quite. There's a fourth here, the second lady, the dark lady. "Bloated politicians are girls," Leigh Cabot says, and the dark force in Stephen King's new novel is a 1962 New Jersian named Christie."

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
I don't remember Pennywise riding a bike?

Jippa
Feb 13, 2009

I was getting a load of different films/books mixed up (christine/Duel) then realising it was another steven king one http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0091499/ maximum overdrive.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

Knormal posted:

You can totally get stuff well away from the Earth, look at the Voyagers. We can shoot stuff away from Earth and manage to get it to buzz Pluto, we can certainly hit "nothing" a lot easier. But still, it's unfeasible expensive, and requires hanging around above Earth an uncomfortable amount of time for the gravitational slingshot.

Also it'll come back in a few hundred years as a giant space cloud looking for its creator, only this time it'll be radioactive too.

It's still too crazy to launch it into orbit with the chance of launch failure at what it is. Killing a few astronauts is nothing compared raining nuclear waste across a continent.

Zesty has a new favorite as of 09:20 on Nov 20, 2016

A HUNGRY MOUTH
Nov 3, 2006

date of birth: 02/05/88
manufacturer: mazda
model/year: 2008 mazda6
sexuality: straight, bi-curious
peircings: pusspuss

Nap Ghost

Rev. Bleech_ posted:

I know this is days old and I'm beaten like crazy, but the real schadenfreude here is that there are people who actually think that loving FM radio has a whiff of originality, especially on hack guy-and-girl morning zoo shows that use the same Prepburger bits as every other guy-and-girl hack morning zoo show. They're the same in every market. Jocktober is the only good thing to ever come of them.

I didn't mind so much that the bits were aggressively fake, because I hadn't heard them before. Knowing that they were aggressively fake and then having to suffer some off-mic heckler idiot expelling gales of forced laughter and interjecting "WOW, REALLY?! NOOOOOO" without relent as if we otherwise wouldn't know how to respond to this already overacted scenario was even more intolerable than my posting!!

Takes No Damage
Nov 20, 2004

The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far.

Grimey Drawer

BOOTY-ADE posted:

Bury it, cover the entire site in Gympie Gympie plants, walk away

This might actually work:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8HOIQjILUBg
Welcome to Australia. Guy barely brushes a leaf with his finger and ends up vomiting in pain :xd:

Ak Gara posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e7SuBBpLX-A
"Except for GBV and Devo
Nothing seems to redeem Ohio."

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
http://i.imgur.com/6ZUkc8A.gifv

AKZ
Nov 5, 2009

C.M. Kruger posted:

Instead of throwing spent nuclear fuel away, we should just reprocess it into more nuclear fuel.

Oh wait, we can't, because Jimmy Carter banned fuel reprocessing in the US.

This. Look at the French reprocessing methods. Problem solved.

ElGroucho
Nov 1, 2005

We already - What about sticking our middle fingers up... That was insane
Fun Shoe
Man, what's the point of even having volcanoes if all we're going to do is let Werner Herzog make dope movies about them

MNIMWA
Dec 1, 2014

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

We gazed into the eyes of madness... And all we found was horny.

Man, that sucks.

Slime
Jan 3, 2007

Regalingualius posted:

Man, that sucks.

It looks like that, but in fact what it actually does is blow.

Phanatic
Mar 13, 2007

Please don't forget that I am an extremely racist idiot who also has terrible opinions about the Culture series.

Sagebrush posted:

Yeah, all of this is why the eventual best solution was decided to be "bury it underground in an unmarked location, somewhere that no one would have any possible reason to dig", like, say, a mine shaft in the middle of the Nevada desert.

Also, unlike launching it into space or sinking it into the Earth's core, this leaves open the possibility of pulling it back out should future technology allow us to process it into fuel again.

Present technology allows us to do that.

quote:

Uranium refining is incredibly expensive

Not really. Enriching it to high degrees is.

Hedenius
Aug 23, 2007

VoidBurger posted:

This was pointed out in the Alt-Right thread I think but note how there are five "Alt-Right Dogs" yet only ever four of them in the same shot. They couldn't even get anyone else to operate the camera.

Kidney Stone
Dec 28, 2008

The worst pain ever!

grumplestiltzkin posted:

What language from 10,000 years ago do you speak/read? With that in mind, try to figure out what language you'd use to write a warning for someone 10,000 years from now. Hell, the languages we have today can't even agree on whether you should read from right to left or left to right. Written language is practically useless for the timescales that are required for nuclear waste to decay.

Could just assign someone to be the keeper of the crap, who's task is to keep the signs updated with the current language through times.

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight

Prokhor Zakharov posted:

Look out all feminists, here comes your worst nightmare, a few doughy waddling tech nerds!!

You fool, even the most hardened feminazi is turned into a puddle of sex-goo at the sight of orthopedic walking shoes!

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

Scarf posted:

You fool, even the most hardened feminazi is turned into a puddle of sex-goo at the sight of orthopedic walking shoes!

"By Gaia I despise them for beliefs...yet there's something about the way their ill-fitting pants sit below the buttons straining over their stomachs that just spontaneously ejects my panties right off my body . . ."

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:

Kidney Stone posted:

Could just assign someone to be the keeper of the crap, who's task is to keep the signs updated with the current language through times.

2016-'Caution: Radiation Danger'
2901-'Caution: Radiation Hazard'
3850-'Warns: RadioActivity Location'
4610-'Attention: Message Nuclear Location'
5835-'Notice: Messages EarthSun Danger'
7002-'Behold: Messages Angry Bad Sun Earth here'
8400-'Behold: Message: Sun Earth God bad here'
1068-'Behold: Place of Sungod on earth'
11555-'................'
12016-'Caution: Radiation Hazard. Do not enter. No gods here'

LeastActionHero
Oct 23, 2008
If human civilization degrades to the point of not understanding what a radiation hazard is, then I think they have bigger problems than a 5% increased lifetime risk of dying of cancer.

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:

Dilb posted:

If human civilization degrades to the point of not understanding what a radiation hazard is, then I think they have bigger problems than a 5% increased lifetime risk of dying of cancer.

Australian Aboriginals have/had known 'places of sickness' that they actively avoid. Turns out there's naturally occurring uranium salts at the surface just chilling out.

It looks like crusty mould sort of poo poo, doesn't taste like anything though.

Slime
Jan 3, 2007

Outrail posted:

Australian Aboriginals have/had known 'places of sickness' that they actively avoid. Turns out there's naturally occurring uranium salts at the surface just chilling out.

How...how do you know what it tastes like?

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

Dilb posted:

This nice warm rock is great for keeping the crib cozy!

Gobbeldygook
May 13, 2009
Hates Native American people and tries to justify their genocides.

Put this racist on ignore immediately!

Slime posted:

How...how do you know what it tastes like?
According to this 19th century mineralogy text, it tastes bitter and salty.

https://books.google.com/books?id=_...20taste&f=false

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

ERM... Actually I have stellar scores on the surveys, and every year students tell me that my classes are the best ones they’ve ever taken.
The scootyfrooty is near the end of this video, but you really should watch the whole video up to that point to really feel the catharsis. It's a heck of a ride.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bwox2efPwYk

(13:20 for no-fun jerks)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

goatsestretchgoals
Jun 4, 2011

Outrail posted:

Natural uranium is bad poo poo but not because of radiation.