Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

folder
Oct 9, 2016
shadow of yharnam fight was really fun and the 3rd stage attack made me laugh out loud. i went katana -> fireball -> other guy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yobgoblin
Mar 19, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Clapping Larry
https://vid.me/5TtP

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

spent like six hours playing this today

this game

is good

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

Ciaphas posted:

this game

is good

SciFiDownBeat posted:

Bloodborne is really good

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.

Ciaphas posted:

this game

is good

Really like the suspense all those line breaks added to the post. Couldn't help but wonder what you were going to say about the game

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib
Unneeded antagonism in the blood borne thread

Oh Long Johnson
Oct 22, 2010
Even knowing where to jump I think I've died more falling down to the abandoned workshop than I have to any boss.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

I hope that is the only falling 'puzzle' in the game, I've never liked those starting from that shortcut in the mines in DeS

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

Oh Long Johnson posted:

Even knowing where to jump I think I've died more falling down to the abandoned workshop than I have to any boss.

theres a really easy way to do it. just fall off next to the rope near where you enter

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
You miss the loot on the way down but Im fairly certain its just junk anyway

Oh Long Johnson
Oct 22, 2010

I.N.R.I posted:

theres a really easy way to do it. just fall off next to the rope near where you enter

I always forget to do it this way and then end up in a loop because my blood stain is on the lower level and I don't want to waste a Bold Hunter's Mark even though I know I'm going to die.

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
i'm the crazy man who likes the 1 or 2 jumping puzzles in each souls game

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

sector_corrector posted:

i'm the crazy man who likes the 1 or 2 jumping puzzles in each souls game

me too , theres no point having falls that kill you if theres no risk of ever falling off stuff. and 1 of the things i liked about ds2 was the huge descent from majula to like the center of the earth to fight the rotten. and the roof in anor londo - very memorable

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

Sometime around Christmas last year I defeated defiled watchdog (after an insane number of attempts, close to 100) and then defiled amygdala about two weeks later. I swore I would never touch the chalice chain again...

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

I'm now on the last leg of the ailing loran chalice again

Boosh!
Apr 12, 2002
Oven Wrangler
Is there a way to look up what type of chalice dungeon is by the code? I restarted NG++, having defeated Queen Yharnum earlier and got a bunch of codes but I don't meet the requirements for any of them. Really don't know what to do next, chalice dungeon-wise..

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Boosh! posted:

Is there a way to look up what type of chalice dungeon is by the code? I restarted NG++, having defeated Queen Yharnum earlier and got a bunch of codes but I don't meet the requirements for any of them. Really don't know what to do next, chalice dungeon-wise..

if you can make 1 FRC chalice, then you can make them all

Boosh!
Apr 12, 2002
Oven Wrangler

sector_corrector posted:

Sorry, what's FRC? Assuming something root chalice?

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Boosh! posted:

Fetid Rotted Cursed

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Boosh! posted:

it's a chalice that has every negative modifier. once you beat queenie you can make one, i think. you only have to make one of your own. once you do you can go to the root chalice and search for existing chalices with those modifiers, and can follow the guides that have chalice glyphs that give you specific cool end-game poo poo.

Boosh!
Apr 12, 2002
Oven Wrangler
Thanks fellas

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

sector_corrector posted:

This isn't true anymore if you mean for just joking stuff, I had made a FRC ithyll after queen killing but couldn't join any FRC isz maps until I made one myself and there are still some codes I'm told I don't have the requirements for.

Unless you just mean if I have one FRC under my belt then I have the potential to make them all after that just gotta create them then ignore me

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

Understanding chalice dungeons are just as labyrinthian as the dungeons themselves...

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib

beep by grandpa posted:

This isn't true anymore if you mean for just joking stuff, I had made a FRC ithyll after queen killing but couldn't join any FRC isz maps until I made one myself and there are still some codes I'm told I don't have the requirements for.

Unless you just mean if I have one FRC under my belt then I have the potential to make them all after that just gotta create them then ignore me

The ones you can't make are probably sinister chalices because who bothers

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

Loran abhorrent beast is uh... harder than I remember 😳

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Yeah once you make a level 5 FRC of one type you can visit glyphs of any variation of that type but you have to do that for all 3 chalice types to unlock the entire system

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I guess you could make a FRC hintertomb as well

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

I did Nightmare Frontier yesterday--probably a little early, at level 40 and not having made it to Byrgenwerth yet at the time

That zone sucked loving absolute rear end but I really enjoyed the Amygdala fight

Am I gonna get items to stop Frenzy later because I couldn't find a way to deal with those two assholes except kill them fast then burn two vials after the Frenzy went off

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

Ciaphas posted:

I did Nightmare Frontier yesterday--probably a little early, at level 40 and not having made it to Byrgenwerth yet at the time

That zone sucked loving absolute rear end but I really enjoyed the Amygdala fight

Am I gonna get items to stop Frenzy later because I couldn't find a way to deal with those two assholes except kill them fast then burn two vials after the Frenzy went off

You actually start getting them at byrgenworth . I don't remember any sedatives earlier than that

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

Unexpected Raw Anime posted:

You actually start getting them at byrgenworth . I don't remember any sedatives earlier than that

Further proof that I did things out of order then :v: Still feels good how hard I crushed Amygdala, I dunno if he was supposed to be easy or what but nevertheless

My next choices are Byrgenwerth or finding out how to enter Cainhurst (I got the invite and a vague idea of where to go)

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
amygdala can be tricky, you should feel good about beating her. you might feel less good if you run into her later, though.

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

my gaming tendencies recently have fallen into a pattern

try a new game, get bored
play dark souls, stop somewhere in or right after anor londo
remember how good bloodborne is, beat bloodborne
rinse, repeat

Oh Long Johnson
Oct 22, 2010
You should finish anor londo every time

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

Better Fred Than Dead posted:

Unneeded antagonism in the blood borne thread

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib
I tried fighting ludwig with kos parasite and was feeling really good about it

But my patience ran out cause I knew I could just use the guidance rune and the scythe and beat him up and shove him into a F/R/C locker. :whitewater:

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

Better Fred Than Dead posted:

I tried fighting ludwig with kos parasite and was feeling really good about it

But my patience ran out cause I knew I could just use the guidance rune and the scythe and beat him up and shove him into a F/R/C locker. :whitewater:

i only fight him honorably

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

Unexpected Raw Anime posted:

Loran abhorrent beast is uh... harder than I remember 😳

maybe youre at a lower level. this is strictly anecdotal but what level you are makes a huge difference to how hard bosses are. for example lvl 60 = challenging ludwig fight lvl 90 = fifty times easier

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

Was trying to farm Ritual Blood (4) this afternoon from the start of Lower Pthumeru and not having much luck

I hope that Beast Claw from Ailing whatever is worth it

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

I.N.R.I posted:

maybe youre at a lower level. this is strictly anecdotal but what level you are makes a huge difference to how hard bosses are. for example lvl 60 = challenging ludwig fight lvl 90 = fifty times easier

I'm 109 with +50% from gems in my +10 chikage. He's just super fast and he's one of the few bosses that will actually pivot mid combo if you sidestep him and I'm having a hard time adjusting

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Ciaphas posted:

Was trying to farm Ritual Blood (4) this afternoon from the start of Lower Pthumeru and not having much luck

I hope that Beast Claw from Ailing whatever is worth it

this is the shittiest part of chalice dungeons. you can find a guide online without much problem where someone has put in a glyph that has ritual blood X as the first chest in a side room that takes almost no effort to get to. i don't even consider that cheating, really.