Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
http://www.psp-tv.com/r/NiteCrew
This poll is closed.
500562 49.92%
139 0.01%
153 0.02%
500888 49.95%
940 0.09%
Total: 1002682 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Grem
Mar 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 22 days!

Tatum Girlparts posted:

I mean I agree he's not some huge warmonger but I don't have any faith in him to be an actual blocking force for Trump's military agendas so that's a pretty moot issue, and wasn't he the dude who was revealed to be one of the guys all up in Theranos when the military was all 'hey this is kinda weird that we're using their poo poo without even FDA approval, maybe we should not do this'?

The Theranos poo poo was weird but you know that's got to be like the least shady poo poo anyone that Trump would consider for this position has done.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012

lmao

Grey Fox
Jan 5, 2004

Trump likes a military man that can be conned by a fast-talking businessman, what a shock.

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Al! posted:

geez man narrow it down some take your pick

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Guy DeBorgore posted:

hahaha i never heard of this and i thought i followed the theranos trainwreck pretty closely

Yea I may not be 100% on that but I remember the other day hearing about it but most of the talk about it, obviously, is from last year.

http://www.fiercebiotech.com/medical-devices/theranos-asked-military-general-for-help-tamping-down-misinformation-from-dod

quote:

"I've met with my various folks and we're kicking this into overdrive," Mattis wrote to Holmes in June 2012, according to the Post story. "I'm convinced that your invention will be a game-changer for us and I want it to be given the opportunity for a demonstration in-theater soonest."

But things didn't shake out that way. A military regulatory expert contacted the FDA with concerns about Theranos' technology without telling the company first, stalling the project and prompting Holmes to reach out to Mattis for help.

"I would very much appreciate your help in getting this information corrected with the regulatory agencies," Holmes wrote in an email to Mattis, saying that since the "misinformation came from within DOD, it would be "invaluable" to have the information "formally corrected by the right people in the DOD."

Mattis forwarded the exchange to military officials, asking "how do we overcome this new obstacle," the Post reports. But the field demonstration that Mattis requested never occurred.

In July 2015, Mattis ended up joining Theranos' board of directors after he retired from the Marine Corps, but faced a restriction. A defense department counsel told Mattis that he could not discuss the potential pilot test of Theranos' device in Afghanistan in front of the DOD or Department of the Navy as long as he was on the company's board.

Nothing really huge, just kinda a generic 'he clearly thought it was fine and this was a bureaucracy issue more than anything' thing, just kinda love the idea of a general trying to fight DoD 'misinformation' for a rando company.

Grem posted:

The Theranos poo poo was weird but you know that's got to be like the least shady poo poo anyone that Trump would consider for this position has done.

Yea can't argue with that.

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

"well at least i'll get to live in the white house" barron thinks

"son stay home and hold the fort, i got presidentin' to do and i dont want distractions"

"*sigh*"

Next-Gen
Sep 22, 2004

Ted Nugent is the next generation in Joint Combat soldiers

Grem posted:

being a rube for some con company is actually a perfect fit for a trump cabinet position

Turdfuzz
Jul 23, 2008

all of this is perfectly normal

Grey Fox
Jan 5, 2004

First Lady Tiffany Trump

Grey Fox
Jan 5, 2004

just lol if you think Donald thinks the First Lady position is at all important/prestigious

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

loving lol.

So what are we looking at as a possible situation here. Trump spends weekdays in the white house, family stays in NY, Pence pretty much runs the show with Bannon?

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Grey Fox posted:

just lol if you think Donald thinks the First Lady position is at all important/prestigious

"First Lady? Who'd she beat for it? How many swimsuit competitions? Pft."

Olga Gurlukovich
Nov 13, 2016

I still think about this
https://twitter.com/MELANIATRUMP/status/234002950274560000

Olga Gurlukovich
Nov 13, 2016

and this

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
I'm not good at using GIMP but you get the point

Telephones
Apr 28, 2013

Al! posted:

geez man narrow it down some take your pick

roger sterling during an allergy attack

Democrazy
Oct 16, 2008

If you're not willing to lick the boot, then really why are you in politics lol? Everything is a cycle of just getting stomped on so why do you want to lose to it over and over, just submit like me, I'm very intelligent.
On Meet The Press this morning, there was a Republican panel to discuss what Trump's priorities should be, and all they talked about was the national debt and entitlement reform.

How do these people still not get it?

Queen Gnome
Jul 30, 2006

Her Lawnliness
lol if anyone thinks Melania actually WANTED to be FLOTUS.

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
Mike Pence is a real piece of poo poo, folks
https://twitter.com/bax_books/status/800326902133112833?lang=en

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

https://twitter.com/politico/status/800372402047819776
https://twitter.com/TheRickWilson/status/800375514313723904

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

Tatum Girlparts posted:

loving lol.

So what are we looking at as a possible situation here. Trump spends weekdays in the white house, family stays in NY, Pence pretty much runs the show with Bannon?

probably if even that. i think trump doesn't get or at least doesn't care enough. the afterglow is still going on. once he gets in, he will be in for a lovely time.

Mad Doctor Cthulhu
Mar 3, 2008

Tatum Girlparts posted:

loving lol.

I really get the feeling that a few months into this presidency we're going to get a bit of legislation coming from the White House that will make Trump screech on Twitter 'this is stupid' without realizing it's from the TRUMP Administration. And he'll have to be reminded of that before his dignity kicks in and he retracts it.

Democrazy posted:

On Meet The Press this morning, there was a Republican panel to discuss what Trump's priorities should be, and all they talked about was the national debt and entitlement reform.

How do these people still not get it?

They get paid to speak, not paid to speak coherently. We're going to be seeing a lot of aging of everybody in the Trump Administration as they try to play the game the way they've always been doing it but ignoring the fact that they're in power with a friendly Congress and thus could do it. We're really going to see some remarkable absences in leadership and direction.

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

Queen Gnome posted:

lol if anyone thinks Melania actually WANTED to be FLOTUS.

first divorce from a sitting president????

Olga Gurlukovich
Nov 13, 2016

https://twitter.com/PoliticusSarah/status/800374558599548929

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe
hell yes, end sacutary cities, ban terrorists, cuck theater peeps
president trump is delivering entertainmenmt and promised policy

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Al! posted:

God I hope so.

Mariana Horchata
Jun 30, 2008

College Slice

quote:

Like Stone, Cohn combined conservative politics with an outré personal life. “Roy was not gay,” Stone told me. “He was a man who liked having sex with men. Gays were weak, effeminate. He always seemed to have these young blond boys around. It just wasn’t discussed. He was interested in power and access. He told me his absolute goal was to die completely broke and owing millions to the I.R.S.

http://www.newyorker.com/magazine/2008/06/02/the-dirty-trickster

:stwoon: :sniff: :retrogames:

Queen Gnome
Jul 30, 2006

Her Lawnliness

Al! posted:

We can dream :allears:

She seems to keep Baron as far away from all this poo poo (and Trump) as possible.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

lol

quote:

Priebus also supported Trump’s statements about halting federal funding to sanctuary cities. New York City and Los Angeles are among dozens of “sanctuary cities” where police departments don’t actively enforce some federal immigration policies, a practice that has been in place for decades.

“This is a matter of negotiation,” Priebus said.

Asked specifically about Los Angeles, which received about $500 million from Washington last year, Priebus said: “I can’t imagine that too many Americans are watching this and thinking that it’s a good idea for a city to allow for blanket amnesty, ignoring federal law — and then saying now give me $500 million.”

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe
lol @ anyone who thinks the cops ignoring federal rules is a good thing

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

welp.

welp here comes the registry and probably worse. it won't stop at refugee bans.

Olga Gurlukovich
Nov 13, 2016

Baloogan posted:

the war on drugs is bad, friend

Next-Gen
Sep 22, 2004

Al! posted:

this will happen 2 days before announcing the muslim registration

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Dapper_Swindler posted:

welp here comes the registry and probably worse. it won't stop at refugee bans.

https://twitter.com/vicbergeriv/status/783780417644163073

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

hot take:

Next-Gen
Sep 22, 2004

Baloogan posted:

the general problem is a lot of local precincts don't have nearly enough funding to handle all that is required to do something that generally ICE should be doing

there's a number of rural sanctuary cities for this reason, its silly to make local municipalities subsidize your federal enforcement

Next-Gen
Sep 22, 2004

this is completely ignoring the neoliberal reasoning behind it in places like sf though because i dont wanna argue stupid things like that

Guy DeBorgore
Apr 6, 1994

Catnip is the opiate of the masses
Soiled Meat

flashbacks to when i tried posting in fyad

ThndrShk2k
Nov 3, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
Bread Liar

Lol, this is a 120% non-issue.

:sad:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Next-Gen posted:

the general problem is a lot of local precincts don't have nearly enough funding to handle all that is required to do something that generally ICE should be doing

there's a number of rural sanctuary cities for this reason, its silly to make local municipalities subsidize your federal enforcement

pretty much, this is less a 'states rights' issue and more an issue of 'a lot of places don't have the resources to do their jobs and the jobs of ICE, we're gonna focus on handling the crimes that happen, if you want to tack on extra poo poo you're welcome to do it yourself'.

• Locked thread