Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fermented Tinal
Aug 25, 2005

by Pragmatica

nm posted:

Did I go to school with you?
There was some dude at my college (in St. Paul, MN) who went all 4 years in shorts, he also ran everywhere, which I guess makes sense because it was cold as gently caress out there.

No, never lived in MN, but when I was still in the states I did live in Orlando, FL and always thought it was hilarious when my classmates would come to school in full snow gear whenever it got down to the low 50s F. There I'd be, in shorts and a t-shirt.

Last place I lived didn't have running water in the house. The washroom was in the wellhouse about 50m down the lane from the house. When it was -25C outside, 2am, and my bladder/bowel was telling me I didn't have time to put on several layers of clothing I'd just hop into my shoes and run, otherwise nude, to the wellhouse.

It also made taking showers interesting.

E: On the flip side, I find temperatures over 25C (77-78F) intolerable, and in Florida I'd basically avoid going outside unless it was Winter.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MrYenko
Jun 18, 2012

#2 isn't ALWAYS bad...

Fermented Tinal posted:

E: On the flip side, I find temperatures over 25C (77-78F) intolerable, and in Florida I'd basically avoid going outside unless it was Winter.

Doing Florida like a native, right here.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Nah, FL natives usually don't like anything under 70 myself included. Give me heat all day long and gently caress the cold.

It's 57 out right now and I'm really not liking it :colbert:

Elmnt80
Dec 30, 2012

I'm walking around in a short sleeved work shirt and loving it. The rest of you freaks get the other 9 months of the year, lemme enjoy these 3. :argh:

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Did all you guys arguing shorts really miss the gag

ExplodingSims
Aug 17, 2010

RAGDOLL
FLIPPIN IN A MOVIE
HOT DAMN
THINK I MADE A POOPIE

As a Florida native I love the cold. Anything below 70* is fantastic.

Everyone at work thinks I'm crazy for wear shorts and short sleeves when it's like 50* out, but I don't care, it's comfy! Besides, it's 90* + the rest of the year so you better believe I'm gonna take advantage of the cold!

E; I got the joke too.

ExplodingSims fucked around with this message at 17:41 on Nov 20, 2016

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

14 BAR RIFF posted:

They didn't notice it at all.

I noticed the third trail between your footprints

orange juche fucked around with this message at 17:39 on Nov 20, 2016

hillo
Dec 19, 2012

by zen death robot
Talking 'bout cold we once did some head work on my friends volvo in the parking lot in january. It was nice chilly 0-5F

Weather is bullshit reason to stop working on something

epic bird guy
Dec 9, 2014

nm posted:

Did I go to school with you?
There was some dude at my college (in St. Paul, MN) who went all 4 years in shorts, he also ran everywhere, which I guess makes sense because it was cold as gently caress out there.

There's at least one dude like this at every college in Minnesota.

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
code:
 CANT     GEESE
TRUCK     OUTSIDE

Rudeboy Detective
Apr 28, 2011

14 BAR RIFF posted:

code:
 CANT     GEESE
TRUCK     OUTSIDE

Fight them.

The Door Frame
Dec 5, 2011

I don't know man everytime I go to the gym here there are like two huge dudes with raging high and tights snorting Nitro-tech off of each other's rock hard abs.
Smug bastards know that they're protected by law, and they just love to ruin everything

hillo
Dec 19, 2012

by zen death robot

are you mad. Geese are like some hellspawn, they don't give a gently caress if you fight them, they are made of 100% pure hatred for man

especially the canadian kind of fuckers

ExplodingSims
Aug 17, 2010

RAGDOLL
FLIPPIN IN A MOVIE
HOT DAMN
THINK I MADE A POOPIE

Geese are just one of those animals where if they land on simething, it'd theirs now.

Everyone thinks they're cute, but gently caress geese.

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
*hysterical bordering on psychotic runaway laughter*

hillo
Dec 19, 2012

by zen death robot

ExplodingSims posted:

Geese are just one of those animals where if they land on simething, it'd theirs now.

Yeah. I was taking a nice bicycle ride in the summer, I saw a path that goes alongside a river and is towards my home base. There was 2 geese though. Ok, not a problem, I just pedal past them and they only get a bit angry.

I turn the next corner and there's like 50 of the fuckers all around, no way to go around. I just pedal as fast as I can and hope that I don't get poo poo on. after I was through I felt like I need to lay down some warning sign about them fuckers

clam ache
Sep 6, 2009

ExplodingSims posted:

This is so true. I used to walk my dog at a park with a big lake. Then some geese showed up and they try to chase me and my dog anytime we are there. Fuckin jerks. cant even hunt them around here even though there almost at pidgeon level of bullshit.

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
WITH A REBEL YELL

HE CRIED MORE, MORE, MORE

MOREMOREMOHOOOOAR

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
just lol if u can't drive a 3 on the tree jimmy on wet bumpy slushy roads with a free cup of nut scalding coffee with no lid and smoking

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Please tell me this is a mobile cow disintegrator

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

it's a hay grinder.

hillo
Dec 19, 2012

by zen death robot
it's a giANT

Deteriorata
Feb 6, 2005

Powershift posted:

it's a hay grinder.

It could probably handle a few cows, though.

Fermented Tinal
Aug 25, 2005

by Pragmatica

The Door Frame posted:

Smug bastards know that they're protected by law, and they just love to ruin everything

They take two steps and poop three times as my grandfather used to say. They aren't protected here though and hunting season's open until like the end of January.

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

Moderator at http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/and soon to be mod of AI. MAKE AI GREAT AGAIN. Motronic for VP.
Those motherfuckers exist only to average out the niceness of all the canadian humans.

What I am saying is gently caress canadian geese, god drat.

sharkytm
Oct 9, 2003

Ba

By

Sharkytm doot doo do doot do doo

Fallen Rib

kastein posted:

Those motherfuckers exist only to average out the niceness of all the canadian humans.

The geese don't have a nationality. They're Canada Geese.
:eng101:

The Royal Nonesuch
Nov 1, 2005

kastein posted:

This times a thousand. The place I work is kind of a mini green space and also a tourist destination. The geese set up nests in the spring right smack dab next to heavily used pathways, and spend the next month aggressively loving up people who walk past. It is somewhat satisfying to watch idiot parents stand, ipads filming, while encouraging little darling junior to chase after the geese/goslings. If the kid is really little I will stop it, but with older kids it's too great watching the inevitable play out.

sharkytm
Oct 9, 2003

Ba

By

Fallen Rib

The Royal Nonesuch posted:

This times a thousand. The place I work is kind of a mini green space and also a tourist destination. The geese set up nests in the spring right smack dab next to heavily used pathways, and spend the next month aggressively loving up people who walk past. It is somewhat satisfying to watch idiot parents stand, ipads filming, while encouraging little darling junior to chase after the geese/goslings. If the kid is really little I will stop it, but with older kids it's too great watching the inevitable play out.

When I did land survey work, we'd inevitably come across the loving goose nests near the water. They get angry as hell, but if you've got a survey pole, they'll just attack that instead of you.

Kinda like the infamous band of turkeys near where I live, who attacked a mail person every day. He just carried a stick and the tom would attack the end of the stick. The town government finally got fed up and killed the lead tom... that was the end of that.

They also poo poo on every-drat-thing, which causes a slip/trip menace as well as some nasty bacterial issues.

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

MY RELIGION IS THE SMALL BLOCK V8 AND COMMANDMENTS ONE THROUGH TEN ARE NEVER LIFT.

Pillbug

sharkytm posted:

Kinda like the infamous band of turkeys near where I live, who attacked a mail person every day. He just carried a stick and the tom would attack the end of the stick. The town government finally got fed up and killed the lead tom... that was the end of that.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ItKrnhvALc4

briefcasefullof
Sep 25, 2004
[This Space for Rent]

14 BAR RIFF posted:

I you were dragging something. How could you be flaccid with all that around?

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

MY RELIGION IS THE SMALL BLOCK V8 AND COMMANDMENTS ONE THROUGH TEN ARE NEVER LIFT.

Pillbug
That coat is you.

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Whoever sent the chili lime meat seasoning that poo poo is bomb

Cached Money
Apr 11, 2010

14 BAR RIFF posted:

just lol if u can't drive a 3 on the tree jimmy on wet bumpy slushy roads with a free cup of nut scalding coffee with no lid and smoking

same, but in a stickshift merc with no cup holders.

edit: supermarket machine coffee and eating a giant rhubarb cupcake in the 4 speed polo i had.

sharkytm
Oct 9, 2003

Ba

By

Fallen Rib

https://youtu.be/5MjgQiYyApo

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

https://youtu.be/G6o1kM973Xo

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
As much of a joke as this sounds I've blown the crotch out of both of my thermals and now the crotch of my pajama sweats that took over the duty. If anyone else is willing to send out a small package of like the tackiest what the gently caress 4 dollar goodwill sweats to wear under my work pants it'd make my life eminently more comfortable. I don't need a bazillion pairs showing up and I really do mean tacky and cheap lol. Pants size is 36W 34L

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

14 BAR RIFF posted:

As much of a joke as this sounds I've blown the crotch out of both of my thermals and now the crotch of my pajama sweats that took over the duty. If anyone else is willing to send out a small package of like the tackiest what the gently caress 4 dollar goodwill sweats to wear under my work pants it'd make my life eminently more comfortable. I don't need a bazillion pairs showing up and I really do mean tacky and cheap lol. Pants size is 36W 34L

Freeze dried chili mac did the job i see

• Locked thread