Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Commie NedFlanders
Mar 8, 2014

Jimbot posted:

How in the flying loving hell do you take B in the 3rd sector in Iron Wall? Half the enemy team just camps in there spamming explosives and gun fire and any attempt fails. This is, by far, the stupid map design the morons at Dice have ever come up with. Once you take down the bunker turret a hole should open up so you can attack the thousand soldiers camping inside of it. Maybe make the point on top of the bunker rather than it in. It's the biggest, dumbest meat grinder part of any map I've ever played in and it's so incredibly frustrating and not fun for the attacker.

i'm not exactly sure what you're referring to but i'm p confident the answer is Smoke, Gas, Heavy Covering Fire, & Rush!!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

Indiscriminate mortar fire solves all problems.

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

They used to call me tricky-kid, I lived the life they wish they did.

Really unhappy with what's been done to mortars.

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

Commie NedFlanders posted:

i'm not exactly sure what you're referring to but i'm p confident the answer is Smoke, Gas, Heavy Covering Fire, & Rush!!!

It's the mountain bunker point B in Monte Grappa. It has two doors leading into it, attackers have to run down a short narrow hallway to get to the door in which they are instantly gun downed by dozens of of people and blown up by grenade spam.

Here are the PC goons making the point non-contestable for the Attacker:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mz4hzVk9UfU

It's pretty much the norm now since the average player is learning that they can do this too.

Finger Prince
Jan 5, 2007

It's way easier to defend that point than attack it, but in conquest at least, the tactic I've seen effective is to focus on the short stairwell to the door. Blow the door, then spam gas, smoke, incendiary and rifle grenades down, then while everyone inside is busy defending that side from the onslaught, another squad tries to sneak in the back through the corridor. There tends to be less focus on that point in general in conquest though.

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

This will make sure you don't suggest to the KDz
That he should grow greens instead of crushing on MCs

Grimey Drawer

Beastie posted:

Really unhappy with what's been done to mortars.

Yeah it's kind of disappointing how they have a 8 inch splash range now. It's still fun, but idk why they would nerf it to begin with.

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

I think if you can rely on people spotting enemies (lol) then its as good if not better than before. If you let the aim circle thing go as small as it can its basically pin point loving accurate.

FastestGunAlive
Apr 7, 2010

Dancing palm tree.

Jimbot posted:

It's the mountain bunker point B in Monte Grappa. It has two doors leading into it, attackers have to run down a short narrow hallway to get to the door in which they are instantly gun downed by dozens of of people and blown up by grenade spam.

Here are the PC goons making the point non-contestable for the Attacker:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mz4hzVk9UfU

It's pretty much the norm now since the average player is learning that they can do this too.

poo poo sucks on rush as well. I sat in there last night as support, spamming incendiary grenades and limpets and throwing down ammo packs. Attackers could not even get in to plant.

There is also a telegraph on Quentin that is inside an indestructible windmill where you can do the same thing.

Jedi Knight Luigi
Jul 13, 2009
Petition to change the name of the thread to this YouTube link: https://youtu.be/biU4WqdFjbY

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
The best way I've seen someone take that point was by parking the zeppelin right on top of it and waiting to get shot down. The debris phases through the ground and kills everyone inside

Chemmy
Feb 4, 2001

The first thing to do is dynamite the doors so that they disappear.

Laminator
Jan 18, 2004

You up for some serious plastic surgery?
well I don't know how I kept missing this thread but I'm tired of rolling by myself

signed up for the xbox form in the OP, GT is TheGohnComplex

I enjoy heals, resupplies, revives, and driving around mini tanks while singing the Thomas the Tank Engine theme in my head

Anyway, maybe I'm missing it but is there a way to filter for hardcore on the server browser? I'd like to do some hardcore domination, hardcore conquest was just painful for me

oh yeah, wanted to get some input on the 10-A Slug variant. I'm not quite sure what the hell the point of it is - the range is OK, but often even if you hit in the torso it's doing damage in the 80s and usually is a 2-hit kill even at close range. The range isn't much better then the regular shotgun or hunter variant. I feel like it should be similar to slugs in BC2 where if you're going to use the drat thing it should have a lot better range and be stronger up close since it's harder to use than the regular shotgun

Laminator fucked around with this message at 18:54 on Nov 20, 2016

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Didn't the slugs in BC2 have no drop and no damage falloff?

Laminator
Jan 18, 2004

Yeah they were a bit broken in that regard and people use to abuse them in hardcore because it turned the SPAS or Remington into a one-shot death machine from across the map

I'm OK with drop and damage falloff, but I feel like if you blast a dude from 10 feet away with a slug it's probably going to do more damage than 80 or whatever

e: So playing with it currently. Near point-blank torso shots do consistently 92-93 damage. It doesn't one-hit kill unless you headshot. It has a narrow aiming range, so you have to be pretty precise, and the time between shots makes it so that you're basically hosed if you run into a player with 100 health. Probably gonna set it aside unless it gets adjusted because it's really frustrating to land shots and then die immediately afterwards.

Laminator fucked around with this message at 19:40 on Nov 20, 2016

DELETED
Nov 14, 2004
Disgruntled
The trick to taking the bunker in Monte Crappo is to immediately rush B at the start of the round. Use the planes as taxis to get there ASAP, then smoke the hell out of the bunker and take it. It helps to have some non-pussies who aren't afraid to rush in and die while throwing incendiary and gas grenades.

Also, rocket truck

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

I love the artillery truck. It eats tanks, the machine gun is a laser beam, the artillery piece is a sniper rifle, small ordinance drop. If I find a good spot I can support the entire battlefield. Reminds me of my Bad Company 2 tank days. Is the Howitzer loadout for the small tank good for support too or should I just stick to the truck?

FastestGunAlive
Apr 7, 2010

Dancing palm tree.
Howitzer variant is bad. Big time nerf from
Beta. If you're going to light tank, use the flanker. However, artillery truck is best option 90% of the time (i only use flanker on urban maps like amiens)

mellowjournalism
Jul 31, 2004

helllooo
just want to say for the record: if you haven't gotten stuck sideways in a pothole/trench while driving arty truck, and then shot yourself upright and then out of it, you haven't lived

DELETED posted:

Also, rocket truck

man

this is a good one :cheers:

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Jimbot posted:

I love the artillery truck. It eats tanks, the machine gun is a laser beam, the artillery piece is a sniper rifle, small ordinance drop. If I find a good spot I can support the entire battlefield. Reminds me of my Bad Company 2 tank days. Is the Howitzer loadout for the small tank good for support too or should I just stick to the truck?

The arty truck is indeed a monster

The howitzer light tank is pretty garbage, there's an absurd amount of drop to your shots and the damage against infantry is insultingly bad.

FastestGunAlive
Apr 7, 2010

Dancing palm tree.

mellowjournalism posted:

just want to say for the record: if you haven't gotten stuck sideways in a pothole/trench while driving arty truck, and then shot yourself upright and then out of it, you haven't lived

man

this is a good one :cheers:

Sk8r has come and saved me many a time with some jeep ramming after getting myself stuck :gerty:

mellowjournalism
Jul 31, 2004

helllooo
ok that is :3: :allears:

Jedi Knight Luigi posted:

Petition to change the name of the thread to this YouTube link: https://youtu.be/biU4WqdFjbY

i can not and will not stop going fast ! gently caress you dad!!1 :unsmith:

p.s. hardcore mode is amazing and hilarious

Booger Presley
Aug 6, 2008

Pillbug
The loading screens take loving forever. Wait five minutes in loading screens to play a seven minute round of domination. Try to leave a game? poo poo locks up and all the day's progress is gone. loving ridiculous.

Finger Prince
Jan 5, 2007

mellowjournalism posted:

you can do that?! I didn't know you could do that! I got one stuck sideways in a trench last night and after firing a few random indiscriminate rounds at nothing, I abandoned it. Next time.

mellowjournalism
Jul 31, 2004

helllooo
found it!! anybody know italian?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O1sD-XdWxnY

Finger Prince posted:

you can do that?! I didn't know you could do that! I got one stuck sideways in a trench last night and after firing a few random indiscriminate rounds at nothing, I abandoned it. Next time.

(to be fair I mostly mean potholes. trenches are still the bane of arty truck)

red19fire
May 26, 2010

Popete posted:

Yeah it's kind of disappointing how they have a 8 inch splash range now. It's still fun, but idk why they would nerf it to begin with.

because :dice:'s community feedback page is on reddit, and it's 100% snipers who never leave the spawn bellyaching about literally every anti-sniper tool in the game.

Could be a new record for :dice: nerfing a useful tool. It's not as if mortars were used heavily in the Great War in order to dislodge dug-in troops or anything :rolleyes: Range is barely 80 yards :argh:

Also, on Sinai, the first thing to do is use the field gun at D and shoot the land bridge to the sniper nest above B.

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

This will make sure you don't suggest to the KDz
That he should grow greens instead of crushing on MCs

Grimey Drawer
The assault plane is the greatest anti-sniping tool in this game. I killed 3 snipers on Empires Edge in one dive. My friend on the ground kept spotting them on the north hill and I would dive bomb them repeatedly. They finally gave up trying to camp there.

mellowjournalism
Jul 31, 2004

helllooo
omg

fog of war hardcore pistols only is transcendental

is it possible to set rifles only with no scopes ?

edit: i was imagining things, i don't think there's a hardcore version :(

mellowjournalism fucked around with this message at 09:26 on Nov 21, 2016

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

Some say that his politics are terrifying, and that he once punched a horse to the ground...

Playing Rush with dope ghoti last night reminded me why I'm not that fond of that game mode. The smaller game size means its easier for coordinated squads to stunt all over your team. And only two objectives at a time.

At least in normal conquest, you can have your own small battles that feel fair with small groups at flags at the outside parts of the map. You can lose in this game mode and still have lots of fun and earn lots of points.

Rush however feels like it has a fine line where assuming you're not winning then either you're losing slowly which can still be fine or you just lose quickly
as you never get through phase 1 and the entire enemy team blows up every objective on the map in 12 minutes.

Maybe we just had some bad streaks but I haven't been crazy about rush since the good days of bad company 2.

10 Beers
May 21, 2005

Shit! I didn't bring a knife.

mellowjournalism posted:

omg

fog of war hardcore pistols only is transcendental

is it possible to set rifles only with no scopes ?

edit: i was imagining things, i don't think there's a hardcore version :(

Fog of War was pretty fun. It threw me off at first that it doesn't really let you know when you kill someone. I thought I was just shooting really, really poorly, then I checked the scoreboard and 5 kills.

FastestGunAlive
Apr 7, 2010

Dancing palm tree.
I like rush when I'm playing solo cause it's easier for tank whoring. For groups I like conquest; gave operations a shot for the first time since release last night with four us and it was a poo poo show still.

Finger Prince
Jan 5, 2007

Got around to editing some saved clips.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8VWbBVuF4eo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nx5JjGjUpP8

Donuts are the new teabagging.

mellowjournalism
Jul 31, 2004

helllooo
lmbo

wish there were more cars. How great would it be if old broken down motorcycles and poo poo would spawn randomly in barns and courtyards so if you have a repair wrench, you got a ride?

Laminator
Jan 18, 2004

They keep showing the prematch text about bicycle battalions in WW1 and early await the armored pennyfarthing brigade in conquest.

Sadmantongue
Sep 4, 2011

FastestGunAlive posted:

I like rush when I'm playing solo cause it's easier for tank whoring. For groups I like conquest; gave operations a shot for the first time since release last night with four us and it was a poo poo show still.

Play 40 man Ops. 64 Player Operations are a loving nightmare.

On a 40 player server a good squad of 3 or 4 can drag a team of lovely blueberries kicking and screaming to victory unless the other team is completely stacked.

Chemmy
Feb 4, 2001

That's why 64p is good. It's nice to not be able to steamroll a whole team just because we have one competent squad.

TheOneAndOnlyT
Dec 18, 2005

Well well, mister fancy-pants, I hope you're wearing your matching sweater today, or you'll be cut down like the ugly tree you are.
Well that was a fun round for me and my friends :haw:

FastestGunAlive
Apr 7, 2010

Dancing palm tree.

Sadmantongue posted:

Play 40 man Ops. 64 Player Operations are a loving nightmare.

On a 40 player server a good squad of 3 or 4 can drag a team of lovely blueberries kicking and screaming to victory unless the other team is completely stacked.

We were in 40 player ops :gerty:

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

TheOneAndOnlyT posted:

Well that was a fun round for me and my friends :haw:

Had a similar game last night where me and two other friends all got arty trucks at the same time. Turns out 3 artillery trucks working together is literally unstoppable. I went 51-6 and my two friends weren't far behind.

FastestGunAlive
Apr 7, 2010

Dancing palm tree.
Love it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Trastion
Jul 24, 2003
The one and only.
Someone in the PS4 crew went 60-0 in a match this weekend. I think it was Hero but not sure. We had 2 full squads and were wrecking maps. This is when the game is at it's best.