Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

this is Sacramento we're talking about

50/50 chance someone is a moron

50/50 is generous.

Outside of Boogie the best roster move of the last decade was tricking the Bulls into thinking they'd eventually get a first round pick.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!

Spoeank posted:

50/50 is generous.

Outside of Boogie the best roster move of the last decade was tricking the Bulls into thinking they'd eventually get a first round pick.

The Kings literally did a good trade like months ago

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy

Two Tone Shoes posted:

It's almost like having a your second best, near-all star level player on the team can really make a difference.

Haha, it definitely does.

However, that smiley face was in reference to everyone claiming their guy and we all know who mine is! :woop:

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

The draft day trades were very good. What they did with the picks is another story

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

WhyteRyce posted:

The draft day trades were very good. What they did with the picks is another story

wrong (is lie)

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

>:[

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

RIP to Robin Lopez.
https://twitter.com/Steve_OS/status/800195277118459905
Lopez is survived by Brook Lopez.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

Tae posted:

The Kings literally did a good trade like months ago

Trades were good. Picks were questionable. Day was a net neutral.

Bashez
Jul 19, 2004

:10bux:
Could the Mavs beat Kentucky?

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

I trust Joel Embiid aka The Process

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
Kings are an interesting team to follow without a rooting interest because they usually manage to put together a front office that does one or two things really well, while somehow having a major fatal flaw that sinks them. It's always amazing watching how the one really bad limb drags down the good limbs every time.

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

https://twitter.com/hungarianjordan/status/800224044662460416

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
That account seems to be suggesting that you shouldn't criticize Hoiberg for leaving Bobby Portis in for 14 consecutive minutes as the game swung from a 7 point lead to a 5 point deficit, which is...interesting

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
gently caress Hoiberg, Rondo, and as much as it pains me Portis

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

I have a sneaking suspicion the reason why Felicio isn't being played is because of his next contract

MOVIE MAJICK
Jan 4, 2012

by Pragmatica

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

I just saw the Wolves box score, someone who watched tell me what happened.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

Literally forgot to post my favorite thing I've ever written:

http://theinscribermag.com/sports/we-hate-the-golden-state-warriors-because-we-respect-the-warriors.html

Chairchucker
Nov 14, 2006

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

IcePhoenix posted:

I just saw the Wolves box score, someone who watched tell me what happened.

They were gritted and grinded.

EDIT: Also they just missed a lot of shots they should've gotten.

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

i am completely immersed in darkness
as i turn my body away from the sun
You made the right decision in not watching that game

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

chunkles posted:

You made the right decision in not watching that game

That was never a question, I got to see DIY finally beat The Revival for the tag titles in one of the best matches I've seen all year :)

Juaguocio
Jun 5, 2005

Oh, David...

Dexo posted:

gently caress Hoiberg, Rondo, and as much as it pains me Portis

I really wanted Crazy Eyes Bobby to succeed, but he's been awful every time I've seen him.

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
Boogie took the latest Kanye West Episode in stride

https://twitter.com/AlyshaTsuji/status/800241844806221824

Clearly he's sympathetic to anyone who wants to bolt from Sacramento ASAP

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch
A lot of you probably heard the story on the latest Lowe Post, but when Kevin Arnovitz was doing his big ESPN feature on KAT he had to beg and plead with KG to talk to him about Karl's rookie year (if you weren't aware, KG is notoriously reclusive when it comes to interviews and he hates talking about himself.) He did this by repeatedly reassuring KG that the story had nothing to do with him and eventually KG relented due to his love for KAT but instead of an interview he made Arnovitz send him recorded questions and KG responded in a series of voice memos

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Interesting on blakes dunk that would have been an offensive foul on a normal move.

I'm glad they don't call offensive fouls on super dunks

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy

euphronius posted:

Interesting on blakes dunk that would have been an offensive foul on a normal move.

I'm glad they don't call offensive fouls on super dunks

Dante Cunningham got called for a technical when doing that on a rebound attempt last night. In OT, no less.

MOVIE MAJICK
Jan 4, 2012

by Pragmatica
Barnes: I'll do anything for 25 shots a night
Devil: Anything?

Jack's Flow
Jun 6, 2003

Life, friends, is boring
I didn't post last night, but man - Antetokounmpo is smooth as gently caress. What a good player he's become. If he ever finds out how to shoot, things will get ugly.

Also, happy for Kibner that the Pelicans are finally playing basketball. :unsmith:

edit:

We need to rescue John Wall.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

The way greek freek played freeball center in that lanky line-up is pretty unfair. Imagining this team with a healthy Middleton and Brogdan in his second year would be scary.

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

Jack's Flow posted:

I didn't post last night, but man - Antetokounmpo is smooth as gently caress. What a good player he's become. If he ever finds out how to shoot, things will get ugly.

Also, happy for Kibner that the Pelicans are finally playing basketball. :unsmith:

edit:

We need to rescue John Wall.

I would imagine it's probably toughest to be a Wizards fan right now. Maybe the Kings but theres a certain inevitability to Kings issues and a lack of expectations that keep them cartoony and endearing. The Wizards just look loving miserable and everyone hates each other

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

When I die, I hope they say I made the eSports industry a better place than I made millions of dollars.
I'll be honest I'm pretty cynical about the years of Cousins trade rumors because what would they get for him that would be comparable in a deal? If it's another center it's probably a downgrade from Cousins who is probably the legit best one in the league. If it's some other swap of players or players plus picks then it just adds depth to their other positions while leaving a gaping hope in the post.

He seems like one of the last players in the league who you should trade. Unless he is demanding one and will bounce in immediate free agency I'm not even sure what offers I would want to hear.

EvanTH
Apr 24, 2004

i like to express my inner pain by being really boring on the phone
or just when i'm kickin it
that's me though
i'm kind of oddddddd
Kibner how's my second son Langston doing is he figuring it out

xbilkis posted:

Boogie took the latest Kanye West Episode in stride

https://twitter.com/AlyshaTsuji/status/800241844806221824

Clearly he's sympathetic to anyone who wants to bolt from Sacramento ASAP

Haha part of the Kanye rant this time included the phrase "gently caress winning." so the arena audience took it in stride

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

Libertine posted:

Unless he is demanding one and will bounce in immediate free agency

Well hes almost certainly leaving in free agency if it goes that far

Hashtag Banterzone
Dec 8, 2005

Lifetime Winner of the willkill4food Honorary Bad Posting Award in PWM

Libertine posted:

I'll be honest I'm pretty cynical about the years of Cousins trade rumors because what would they get for him that would be comparable in a deal? If it's another center it's probably a downgrade from Cousins who is probably the legit best one in the league. If it's some other swap of players or players plus picks then it just adds depth to their other positions while leaving a gaping hope in the post.

He seems like one of the last players in the league who you should trade. Unless he is demanding one and will bounce in immediate free agency I'm not even sure what offers I would want to hear.

One thing to keep in mind is that I think the new cap really expands the number of teams cousins can sign with in two years. So teams might not be as willing to part with assets next year if boogie might bolt. So the Kings might have to choose between a good package this year or a mediocre one next year.

the mean lunch lady
Jun 24, 2009

went mad at sea
lots were drawn
Kroenke didn't survive
he was delicious

Jack's Flow posted:

I thought he and KD were around the same size build-wise, but man Giannis dwarfs him.

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch
Giannis's's shooting splits are hilarious this year and his potential is too scary to contemplate

Mr. Mambold
Feb 13, 2011

Aha. Nice post.

Chairchucker posted:

No fair, I was asleep when this all went down and someone already claimed Rubio and Steve Adams.

So I got KAT.

You can have Adams. He's too big for me to discipline and too ornery to listen. Just like....his mama.

Two Tone Shoes
Jan 2, 2009

All that's missing is the ring.

Kibner posted:

Dante Cunningham got called for a technical when doing that on a rebound attempt last night. In OT, no less.

And the refs wouldn't even explain what the tech was for when Gentry and all the players asked.

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.

Hashtag Banterzone posted:

One thing to keep in mind is that I think the new cap really expands the number of teams cousins can sign with in two years. So teams might not be as willing to part with assets next year if boogie might bolt. So the Kings might have to choose between a good package this year or a mediocre one next year.

Max contracts scale 1:1 with cap and minimums will be going up too. The cap growth is going to slow down a lot and as you "cycle out" those "cheap" max's signed before the jump teams will have less and less room to play with.

Either way, trading Cousins means the Kings are going into full rebuild mode, so I don't think they care what they get back as long as the assets have the right value.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Sac gave swap rights to their 17 pick and their 19 pick (UNPROTECTED) to the Sixers so I don't think tanking is in the cards . They'll try and resign him IMHO.

• Locked thread