Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why does everyone think I'm going to get in trouble?

Inflammatory posted:

Does anyone remember where the npc is who lets you switch throwing styles?

It's an old man at the recycling plant north of Maile City, or whichever city's the first one on the third island.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

DACK FAYDEN posted:

Man, this game is unreasonably stacked with babes. Hello Olivia :eyepop:

Yeah all these ladies are hot and all but who cares look at Professor Kukui. He's so perfect. Man lives a jimmy Buffet Blood knight lifestyle and moonlights as a luchador.

What else could you possibly want in a lover?

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

Calaveron posted:

When do trainers start getting more than one weak-rear end pokemon
And does the rival ever stop being incredibly annoying and lovely

It takes quite a while for some reason. It seems like the vast majority of the trainers on at least the first two islands were youngster tier.

Josuke Higashikata posted:

Exp Share is a lot better balanced in this than X/Y and won't make you a god for using it.

I dunno, I felt pretty overpowered until I beat the third island, and that's with an extremely sub-optimal team.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

I've had it on from the second I could have it, and after completing the water trial my whole team is around 20-24 (except the dewpiter I caught after beating the totem), tho I did get a few levels trying and failing to catch pokemon before I decided to just run from everything that I didn't plan to catch :v: that's way, way over the level curve and it's been like that for pretty much the whole game. I'm gonna have to turn it off for a while so every fight isn't over in one hit

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012
Z-dog has a glowing butthole, i don't think i can use this thing anymore

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Manatee Cannon posted:

I've had it on from the second I could have it, and after completing the water trial my whole team is around 20-24 (except the dewpiter I caught after beating the totem), tho I did get a few levels trying and failing to catch pokemon before I decided to just run from everything that I didn't plan to catch :v: that's way, way over the level curve and it's been like that for pretty much the whole game. I'm gonna have to turn it off for a while so every fight isn't over in one hit

Let me know how well that goes when you hit the 4th island.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

I'm not planning on keeping it off forever, I just don't need my starter to be like 8 levels above the average trainer so I never feel like using it

OneDeadman
Oct 16, 2010

[SUPERBIA]

AlphaKretin posted:

Salandit is skewed towards male, because gently caress you, Vespiquen totally needed to happen again.

At least Salandit is just in grass patches instead of garbage 6 hour honey trees

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:

Manatee Cannon posted:

I'm not planning on keeping it off forever, I just don't need my starter to be like 8 levels above the average trainer so I never feel like using it

Yeah. At least it encourages you to keep rotating your pokemon so you have a pretty balanced team.
Man I am in love with my cutiefly. It hits pretty hard and Fairy is the one type I could never really get a feel of in XY.

And what are the odds they add a sound type next gen? Way too many moves that are based on sound and noise, and there's a really big list of pokemon who could easily be retroactively adapted to have been that type.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
did they nerf pokeballs or am I just unlucky?

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

Tired Moritz posted:

did they nerf pokeballs or am I just unlucky?

You're unlucky

Axel Serenity
Sep 27, 2002

Calaveron posted:

Yeah. At least it encourages you to keep rotating your pokemon so you have a pretty balanced team.
Man I am in love with my cutiefly. It hits pretty hard and Fairy is the one type I could never really get a feel of in XY.

And what are the odds they add a sound type next gen? Way too many moves that are based on sound and noise, and there's a really big list of pokemon who could easily be retroactively adapted to have been that type.

Honestly, that'd be pretty dope. I love mons like Meloetta and Primarina right now. A Vocal-type addition is a really good idea.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

AlphaKretin posted:

Salandit is skewed towards male, because gently caress you, Vespiquen totally needed to happen again.

uh excuse me it actually makes perfect sense because the females clearly have a leadership role in the community and thus wouldn't be out hunting for food in grass like the males are, and furthermore

:goonsay:

Forsythia
Jan 28, 2007

You want bad advice?

Anything is okay if you don't get caught!

... I hope this helps!
My Festival Avenue mysteriously emptied, save for a single VIP I made earlier. Going online and conducting trades didn't bring people back. What happened?

Nessa
Dec 15, 2008

Cicadas! posted:

Are SOS calls disproportionately skewed to being male or something because I just spent half a loving hour chaining the same salandit (which is a huge pain, thanks dragon rage) and not a single replacement was female, and the last replacement after the original struggled itself to death didn't feel like calling for help anymore in 10+ turns so I just knocked it out. Is this just poo poo luck or is it coded to only spit out dudes in SOS battles?

On my very first Salandit encounter, it called for help and the help was female. It took a little while, but I had to catch her.

She was also Timid.

Named her Salandra.

Zodack
Aug 3, 2014
Wow does everything that happens in the Ultra Dimension make me really unsettled, hoo boy

Chill Penguin
Jan 10, 2004

you know korky buchek?
Do pokeballs not pass down via breeding anymore? Female Premier Ball Meowth and Male Pokeball Meowth yielded an egg in a regular Pokeball.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
Beat the league. There is nothing more satisfying than landing the final move with Mimikyu. Really good fight, too! Lots of strats used against me, though the biggest part of the challenge was that i had invested almost all my resources in clothes, thus had no hyper potions for the final battle.

Now for these final scenes...

WHAT?! KUKUI'S WIFE DOESN'T ACTUALLY KNOW HE'S MASKED ROYAL?! That's the best!

MorningMoon fucked around with this message at 18:31 on Nov 20, 2016

Desperate Character
Apr 13, 2009
How do you get on the upper part of Route 5, the part behind the PokeCenter? Is that just later in the game or is there a hole I'm missing somewhere?

PSA: If you want a female Salandit, get a male Eevee and evolve it into Sylveon with Cute Charm. It increases the rate of finding female pokemon by a dramatic amount.

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

My disdain for you all knows no bounds.

Desperate Character posted:

How do you get on the upper part of Route 5, the part behind the PokeCenter? Is that just later in the game or is there a hole I'm missing somewhere?

PSA: If you want a female Salandit, get a male Eevee and evolve it into Sylveon with Cute Charm. It increases the rate of finding female pokemon by a dramatic amount.

That's a part you can visit later.

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

Yeah all these ladies are hot and all but who cares look at Professor Kukui. He's so perfect. Man lives a jimmy Buffet Blood knight lifestyle and moonlights as a luchador.

What else could you possibly want in a lover?

I can't lust after a married man, it would be rude

Blaziken386
Jun 27, 2013

I'm what the kids call: a big nerd
A better female hair reference than the one posted a couple pages back.

aaaahh the fashion is so cute in this game I can't

e: fixed the link so it's larger

Blaziken386 fucked around with this message at 18:34 on Nov 20, 2016

Desperate Character
Apr 13, 2009
Ah thanks! I was a bit annoyed at that guy at the start not letting me fight him.

Also Dewpider in Pokemon Refresh is the best. If you pet his bubble your hand gets wet :3:

Emong
May 31, 2011

perpair to be annihilated

Chill Penguin posted:

Do pokeballs not pass down via breeding anymore? Female Premier Ball Meowth and Male Pokeball Meowth yielded an egg in a regular Pokeball.

If you breed two Pokemon of the same species it's random which parent the kid gets their ball from.

Blhue
Apr 22, 2008

Fallen Rib

Blaziken386 posted:

i know i've seen girls in my festival square with twintails, wonder where those come from.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Twintails are after the credits, I believe.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
I finally picked this game up

havent played a pokemon game in a long time and I love it

team skull is hilarious

Blaziken386
Jun 27, 2013

I'm what the kids call: a big nerd

Blaziken386 posted:

And part 2.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

TaurusOxford posted:

I am the Alolan Champion. An incredible finale to it all too. Now to work on making my playthrough team properly trained up.

Edit: The team that carried me through -

Hahaha congrats. My play time is at 30 hours, 53 minutes and I am still on the second island lol.

BearDrivingTruck
Oct 15, 2011

You see the most shocking sights sometimes
Does anyone have a spare Water Stone? I'm going to need a water type for this trial, and this Eevee I've got in my party needs to evolve soon anyways.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Chill Penguin posted:

Males can pass down balls now.

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

It's sort of mindblowing how poo poo the global link website is. I've encountered multiple stages where it asks me to wait for a few hours and then contact customer support if that doesn't work.

kojei
Feb 12, 2008

ChaosArgate posted:

Twintails are after the credits, I believe.

This is correct. They're big poofy side twintails that flop around a bit while moving. Also two new hair and eye colors as well. Wine Red and White for hair color, Violet and Burgundy for eye colors. Wine Red is kinda a pink/purple, White is Anime White. Violet is Holy poo poo Purple, Burgundy is about the same shade but several tones darker.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Is there sign for when you are throwing critical captures? Had it happen to me twice in a row and the only way I could tell was after the throw.

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Just let it shine through

eonwe posted:

I finally picked this game up

havent played a pokemon game in a long time and I love it

team skull is hilarious

They've been ruined and/or enhanced sincee my friend told me he sees them as Juggalos

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

The sound effect played when throwing the ball is higher pitched and the ball will shake in the air once the target is sucked into the ball.

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

Electric Phantasm posted:

Is there sign for when you are throwing critical captures? Had it happen to me twice in a row and the only way I could tell was after the throw.

It's completely random, only giving a higher chance to happen depending on how many Pokemon you have captured.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

ChaosArgate posted:

The sound effect played when throwing the ball is higher pitched and the ball will shake in the air once the target is sucked into the ball.

TaurusOxford posted:

It's completely random, only giving a higher chance to happen depending on how many Pokemon you have captured.

Thank you both.

Crumbletron
Jul 21, 2006

IT'S YOUR BOY JESUS, MANE
I never planned to even use a Pikipek, but Trumbeak putting in work. He single-handedly dealt with the Water Trial for me. Echoed Voice don't care about attack debuffs

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hammerite
Mar 9, 2007

And you don't remember what I said here, either, but it was pompous and stupid.
Jade Ear Joe

The Moon Monster posted:

It's sort of mindblowing how poo poo the global link website is. I've encountered multiple stages where it asks me to wait for a few hours and then contact customer support if that doesn't work.

I think it melted down when gen 6 launched due to the volume of users, probably the same deal again.