Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER
To be fair, Bad Rats has a way of draining people's intelligence.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
I was genuinely frightened of the answer when I asked how much this game cost at the start of the video. :v:

GamesAreSupernice
Jan 3, 2014

Oh, whoa! Check out the Viewing Globe, shorty!

Probably the best of the game's three minibosses

GamesAreSupernice
Jan 3, 2014

Do you like being reminded of more creative games made by the same developer? Boy have I got the video for you!

(The shrimp's name is Prawn, he's a boss from Battle for Bikini Bottom)

Wayne
Oct 18, 2014

He who fights too long against dragons becomes a dragon himself
Oof, fell off the update wagon between work and playing Master of Orion. :sweatdrop: Back on track!

Alan Wake - DLC 2: The Writer Part 1/3
And we go straight to the 1st part of the second DLC. We got lent the game from a friend and it had everything packaged in; were they really sold separately? That's a pretty silly cash-grab if so since this is clearly one slightly longer-than-usual episode cut in half (the entire DLC runs about as long as I think #3 did). I don't think we talked about the Christmas light armor last time; it's so absurd it wraps back around to being funny. Like something the D&D min-maxer in me would do given the details of this setting. "They're weak to light, you say...?"

Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen Part 12 - Shots Fired
We try out the magic(k) archer this time around, on account of chat wanting to see some pew pew action (well, I think the exact request was something like "that one looks cool" and basically the opposite of warrior, heh). Except for the idle backhand insta-killing me, the Ancient Quarry goes well up until, y'know, the ogres.

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

The year was 2002. Pottermania was in full swing, and I was in high school. At some point or another, I picked up this game from...god, I don't even remember. I wanna say we bought it at Blockbuster? The point is, I owned this game, and strangely enough, I did not remember it one bit. This was, as it turns out, with good reason.

Join me and my brother on a magical journey through a game far, far worse than either of us could have imagined.

Please note that we did have a bit of difficulty synchronizing our playback this first time around. We are aware of it, and will be taking measures to fix that next time we record.

GamesAreSupernice
Jan 3, 2014

I can't loving wait till you get to the part at the goddamn bank

Trizophenie
Mar 2, 2011

Jar Jar Binks improved my story.

Finally on Kamino

Also Jamie wanted me to post this accompanying the video.

Mycroft Holmes
Mar 26, 2010

by Azathoth

Lizard Wizard posted:

The year was 2002. Pottermania was in full swing, and I was in high school. At some point or another, I picked up this game from...god, I don't even remember. I wanna say we bought it at Blockbuster? The point is, I owned this game, and strangely enough, I did not remember it one bit. This was, as it turns out, with good reason.

Join me and my brother on a magical journey through a game far, far worse than either of us could have imagined.

Please note that we did have a bit of difficulty synchronizing our playback this first time around. We are aware of it, and will be taking measures to fix that next time we record.

this game was so frustrating it got me put in a loving mental ward. goddamned broom trial with that loving card and a time limit.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Trizophenie posted:

Finally on Kamino

Also Jamie wanted me to post this accompanying the video.

Someone out there had a baby in the time it took us between the start of the game and when we finally got off the loving Salvation. And even then, half that video was just us trying to get out the wreckage of the Salvation :shepicide:

EDIT:

This video in a thumbnail

nine-gear crow fucked around with this message at 22:21 on Nov 20, 2016

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Lizard Wizard posted:

Oh man, I loved this game as a kid. Super excited for this.

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

CJacobs posted:

Oh man, I loved this game as a kid. Super excited for this.

Bad news: I've already posted the best 20 minutes of the game.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Hey man I didn't say I thought it was a good game!

GamesAreSupernice
Jan 3, 2014

We trippin' now

Mycroft Holmes
Mar 26, 2010

by Azathoth
I have found the next payload. Who wishes to receive the burden?

whowhatwhere
Mar 15, 2010

SHINee's back

Lizard Wizard posted:

I played the poo poo out of the PC version of this so I look forward to seeing how incredibly bad and wrong the PS version is.

GamesAreSupernice
Jan 3, 2014

Mycroft Holmes posted:

I have found the next payload. Who wishes to receive the burden?

What is the payload and is it legal

Ysengrin
Feb 13, 2012

Lizard Wizard posted:

I remember this game, I loved it when I was a kid. Well, specifically the quidditch which was really all I played once I beat it.
Did the tournament matches for quidditch for months after, and never touched the rest of the game since.

Nidoking
Jan 27, 2009

I fought the lava, and the lava won.
The standalone Quidditch game has some interesting mechanics, but still really can't get around the fact that the entire game is just a lead-up to the final part where you catch the Snitch, and either one team is ahead by 15 goals and wins perforce, or everything that's happened until that point is meaningless, aside from a couple of achievements where you have to win the game but not catch the Snitch or whatever.

I seem to remember the PS2 version of this game having more of an introduction, like going to Diagon Alley and getting the wand to start with, and Hogwarts was definitely considerably bigger. I always thought it was a fairly straight port, but I guess not.

Mycroft Holmes
Mar 26, 2010

by Azathoth

GamesAreSupernice posted:

What is the payload and is it legal

https://youtu.be/UkgjYIaugtQ

Teledahn
May 14, 2009

What is that bear doing there?

Pro-click right here.

The guy wearing the blue shirt on the green-screen is so confused and offended, it's hilarious.

E: Oh and the camera operator for the green screen camera knows it!

Teledahn fucked around with this message at 04:22 on Nov 23, 2016

GamesAreSupernice
Jan 3, 2014

Almost as good as Pac-Man and The Ghostly Adventures

Kemix
Dec 1, 2013

Because change

Almost as good as Pac-Man and The Ghostly Adventures

So, Battle for Bikini Bottom next?

GamesAreSupernice
Jan 3, 2014

Kemix posted:

So, Battle for Bikini Bottom next?

The joke here is that I'll show up a few months later with a Let's Play of "Plankton's Robotic Revenge".

Iron Chitlin
Sep 3, 2011

I need to use the bathroom!

Only one more episode to go before I can end the absolute worst, yet somehow most hilarious LP, I've ever done. God I can't wait...

I'm a Terrible Mexican (Part 9)

Inky, Pinky, Blinky, and Slowmo (Part 10)

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

To anyone awaiting the next Harry Potter vid, we're real real sorry - the audio got goofed up something fierce. Hang in there!

GamesAreSupernice
Jan 3, 2014

Lizard Wizard posted:

To anyone awaiting the next Harry Potter vid, we're real real sorry - the audio got goofed up something fierce. Hang in there!

I believe that you can one day muster the power to overcome your audio sync woes

Chimera-gui
Mar 20, 2014
Wow, how have I not been keeping up with this thread?

Anyway, I played Battle for Bikini Bottom and enjoyed it well enough though more for the setting than the gameplay admittedly. Don't get me wrong the gameplay is decent for a licence game, but some of the tasks you had to do to get Spatulas were annoying as all hell.

I will give Heavy Iron Studios this much, at least they've done better with the licence than their predecessor BigSky Interactive did in that the games are actually playable as long as you ignore the short-lived port of the Movie game for the PS3.

GamesAreSupernice
Jan 3, 2014

Chimera-gui posted:

but some of the tasks you had to do to get Spatulas were annoying as all hell.

I'm not sure the tasks could be any easier without sacrificing a lot of game design, but the game has a great atmosphere too I agree

Chimera-gui
Mar 20, 2014
Admittedly part of the problem was I complete inability to control one of the gained abilities which was mandatory for at least one of the spatulas.

I loved the Kelp Forest though, particularly the music.

I do like the detail that Patrick is the vertical attack power-up while Sandy's the spin attack one.

Chimera-gui fucked around with this message at 05:01 on Nov 28, 2016

GamesAreSupernice
Jan 3, 2014

Chimera-gui posted:

I do like the detail that Patrick is the vertical attack power-up while Sandy's the spin attack one.

There are a lot of cute details like that in this game, it's a shame they aren't easier to notice

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012
where was planktons wife in the last battle, is all i wanna know

Chimera-gui
Mar 20, 2014
To answer your question about why Krabs is used for the explosive box: While he is generally even tempered, he can get royally pissed off particularly if you do anything to his money.

And Squidward's the power-up for the cannon, I was wondering if the cannon would get one like our other two attack types did.

Of course Mr. Krabs would leave the formula in his pocket.

Chimera-gui fucked around with this message at 23:18 on Nov 28, 2016

Mappo
Apr 27, 2009
So The Wizards! have been really busy....and really terrieble. We finished Undertale but screwed up the video recording.

So have some Final Fantasy IV!

The Wizards play Final Fantasy IV Part 1 - The Dark Knight
In which we make terrible Batman impressions and a terrible Goodfellas joke.

Also

The Wizards play Zelda: A Link to the Past Randomized - Part 1 - That Was Unexpected
It's Zelda: A Link to the Past with randomized items. These randomized Zelda games can be really fun, if you like Zelda give this a shot.

GamesAreSupernice
Jan 3, 2014

Mappo posted:

So The Wizards! have been really busy....and really terrieble. We finished Undertale but screwed up the video recording.

So have some Final Fantasy IV!

The Wizards play Final Fantasy IV Part 1 - The Dark Knight
In which we make terrible Batman impressions and a terrible Goodfellas joke.

Also

The Wizards play Zelda: A Link to the Past Randomized - Part 1 - That Was Unexpected
It's Zelda: A Link to the Past with randomized items. These randomized Zelda games can be really fun, if you like Zelda give this a shot.

All of us have a run of terrieble luck sometimes.

Mappo
Apr 27, 2009

All of us have a run of terrieble luck sometimes.

But few of you have Bubsy on your list, which we are working on............

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!
I don't know what it is about this particular thread, but compared to the rest of the subforum, a surprisingly large number of people have Bubsy on their list.

Mappo
Apr 27, 2009
It's our shared pain. We have plans to do all of them, even the one on game boy and the Atari Jaguar.

Speaking of which, Lee did a retrospective of Bubsy, if your into that thing.

Bubsy - A Retrospective Look

GamesAreSupernice
Jan 3, 2014

Mappo posted:

Atari Jaguar.

I've heard things about that one. It's apparently the hardest in the series

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Blind Sally posted:

I don't know what it is about this particular thread, but compared to the rest of the subforum, a surprisingly large number of people have Bubsy on their list.

Bubsy's on my list, alright.

My Top 10 list!