Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

Libertine posted:

I'll be honest I'm pretty cynical about the years of Cousins trade rumors because what would they get for him that would be comparable in a deal? If it's another center it's probably a downgrade from Cousins who is probably the legit best one in the league. If it's some other swap of players or players plus picks then it just adds depth to their other positions while leaving a gaping hope in the post.

He seems like one of the last players in the league who you should trade. Unless he is demanding one and will bounce in immediate free agency I'm not even sure what offers I would want to hear.

Clearly they are going to take Bogut/Justin Anderson/unprotected Mavs first round pick at the deadline.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Any talk about free agents and extensions is kinda out the window considering there's a new CBA by the time Boogie is a free agent. We have no idea if they randomly decided to make bird right teams offer 6 year contracts and way more money compared to 4 years for non-bird rights.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Tae posted:

Any talk about free agents and extensions is kinda out the window considering there's a new CBA by the time Boogie is a free agent. We have no idea if they randomly decided to make bird right teams offer 6 year contracts and way more money compared to 4 years for non-bird rights.

Yeah that may be possible . Seems like everyone wants guys staying with teams and wants to give small markets ammo to fight losnangeles and Miami

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 1967
The Pacers are bad and I am sad.

The good news is the rest of the league is really fun to watch.

AND

Paul George and CJ Miles are out tonight. This is going to be the Russel Westbrook dropping 50 points then not playing the 2nd half show.

Athanatos fucked around with this message at 19:30 on Nov 20, 2016

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.

Tae posted:

I suspect the agents have a pretty good idea whats in the new CBA by this point.

Hand Row
May 28, 2001
Giannis playing center on defense and point guard on offense owns.

Incredible block, especially given the situation. Hit a huge 3 pointer too. https://twitter.com/Bucks/status/800194191716335616

Hand Row fucked around with this message at 20:39 on Nov 20, 2016

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

i am completely immersed in darkness
as i turn my body away from the sun
Wow, Rockets have 16 away and 6 home games this year. They're gonna look way better after December.

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

euphronius posted:

Sac gave swap rights to their 17 pick and their 19 pick (UNPROTECTED) to the Sixers so I don't think tanking is in the cards . They'll try and resign him IMHO.

I cant even remember what they traded all of that for?

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

The Glumslinger posted:

Cap space to sign rondo and bellinelli

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

The Glumslinger posted:

quote:

the Philadelphia 76ers made a trade with the Sacramento Kings where they received Nik Stauskas, Carl Landry, Jason Thompson, the right to swap picks with the Kings (at the Sixers’ discretion) in both 2016 and 2017, as well as a future first round pick.

All the Sixers gave up in this deal were the 47th and 60th picks in the 2015 draft, as well as a little bit of short-term salary cap flexibility.

Remember when the Kings traded Casspi and a 1st rounder for JJ Hickson and then waived him like 35 games later

The B_36
Jul 10, 2012

Athanatos posted:

The Pacers are bad and I am sad.

The good news is the rest of the league is really fun to watch.

As much as some people were concerned that the Warriors were too good and about to break the league, it's kind of incredible how great the league is and how many players are having unbelievable starts to the year. Who do you even give the "First 15 games of the year" MVP award to? Harden? Durant? Westbrook? Derozan is leading the league in scoring. Antetekounpo is doing a mini-Lebron thing. Oh yeah, and Lebron is still Lebron. And Curry is still - somehow under the radar - shooting 3's at a historical rate. And none of these guys play on the best team in the league for now, the Clippers, where Griffin is starting off the year playing out of his mind too.

I've been watching the NBA since the late 80's, and this is by far the best shape it's been in, and it's looking like it'll stay this way for a while. Makes me happy.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

The B_36 posted:

Who do you even give the "First 15 games of the year" MVP award to? me happy.

CP3 (in Ric Flair voice) WOOOO!

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

When I die, I hope they say I made the eSports industry a better place than I made millions of dollars.
My too early MVP call is James Harden, which is hard for me to even utter given how much I've disliked his play for the majority of his career and how my Houston friend rubs him in my face three times per week minimum.

D'Antoni for all of his various flaws just knows some secret on how to make a guard into a god tier MVP candidate and he has shared it with Harden and his stats this year are just loving nuts.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

The Rockets aren't the worst defense in league and they're like 14th in pace which is weird for a D'Antoni team.

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

All Harden ever needed was an Offense and full-time P&R duty. He's actually not any better at passing than he was last year, and he's always been the type of guy to do flashy poo poo and nutmeg* players.

*yes i know

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Tae posted:

Remember when the Kings traded Casspi and a 1st rounder for JJ Hickson and then waived him like 35 games later

Stauskas may end up being a player too

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Harden is loving amazing and I hope he gets a team where he can win a championship.

Btw I love cle offense when the put 4 dudes outside the 3 point line and lebron drives to the basket. Simple and pure

EvanTH
Apr 24, 2004

i like to express my inner pain by being really boring on the phone
or just when i'm kickin it
that's me though
i'm kind of oddddddd
There was a dang Knicks game at noon and we won and I missed it ahhh

Not counting the last game which I missed Joakim Noah is the best player on the Knicks right now. Kristaps is second best. Carmelo is tied with Kyle O'Quinn for third. Derrick Rose is terrible, Vujacic is cancerously bad, and Courtney Lee has been surprisingly bad. I thought he was supposed to be at least a good defender or something but he's not.

Libertine posted:

My too early MVP call is James Harden, which is hard for me to even utter given how much I've disliked his play for the majority of his career and how my Houston friend rubs him in my face three times per week minimum.

D'Antoni for all of his various flaws just knows some secret on how to make a guard into a god tier MVP candidate and he has shared it with Harden and his stats this year are just loving nuts.

Who could have guessed that telling James Harden "hey just focus on offense" would work out for the positive

It'd be hilarious if D'antonio could sneak another minus defender past the MVP voters

Criminal Minded
Jan 4, 2005

Spring break forever
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_XQv6I6cY1c

how did he score at the 2-minute mark :pwn:

The B_36
Jul 10, 2012

EvanTH posted:

There was a dang Knicks game at noon and we won and I missed it ahhh

Not counting the last game which I missed Joakim Noah is the best player on the Knicks right now. Kristaps is second best. Carmelo is tied with Kyle O'Quinn for third. Derrick Rose is terrible, Vujacic is cancerously bad, and Courtney Lee has been surprisingly bad. I thought he was supposed to be at least a good defender or something but he's not.

Who could have guessed that telling James Harden "hey just focus on offense" would work out for the positive

It'd be hilarious if D'antonio could sneak another minus defender past the MVP voters

This is the first time I've made it a point to keep an eye on Harden defensively, and poo poo, the guy doesn't even try on defense. He makes uninterested swipes at the ball as guys blow past him, he's always out of position, and (I know this sounds cliched) he has terrible body language on that end of the floor. And I know what all that looks like, because it's the same way I play defense after my old rear end gets tired of chasing around 20yr olds when I play pickup. An NBA player shouldn't be playing "lazy, nearly 40yrs old, pickup game" defense. It's like he's playing a video game on easy when he's on offense, but he might as well not be out there on defense. I completely understand the frustration people have with his game.

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy

EvanTH posted:

Kibner how's my second son Langston doing is he figuring it out

His shot is starting to fall. He can't be tasked with handling the ball, so as long as he can continue to shoot, he will be a fine bench player.

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

Tae posted:

The Rockets aren't the worst defense in league and they're like 14th in pace which is weird for a D'Antoni team.

Jeff Bzdelik is completely in charge of the defense. I also posted an article about all the crazy statistical stuff they're doing to try to figure out a good defense. Of course they have lovely defensive personnel mostly and D'Antoni will prefer smallball rotations, but it seems to be working a little. Capela is also improving on the fouls, so if he plays a good game then 3/5 of the starters are respectable defenders.

chunkles fucked around with this message at 21:57 on Nov 20, 2016

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

If harden has a 120 offensive rating who cares if his defensive rating is 110

Jesus Christ people over fetishize defense

Mr. Mambold
Feb 13, 2011

Aha. Nice post.

euphronius posted:

Harden is loving amazing and I hope he gets a team where he can win a championship.

He's welcome back to OKC. There's more money now Jim.

Libertine posted:

I guess the burning question we all want to know then is how does the beard feel on your face?

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
Another unfortunate thing for the Kings is they probably topped out on this rebuilding effort when the West was too good to let them dip into the playoffs to show the world that the team was for real. Had they been able to get in year before last when they would've probably been good enough in a normal Western Conference year I think they're in a better position.

A rebuild around Skal and Cauley-Stein sounds loving awful and is the probable fate anyway, which is why I'm in the keep-Cousins camp to at least hold that off a couple years. I mean the hope is that Cousins will either stay for the money or loves Sacramento, thus avoiding that dark timeline. Because I don't see the quick fix that gets this team back in contention for a playoff spot, much less on the path to being an actual contender that will convince him to do it via winning. I do see Cauley-Stein as potential asset that could get a couple decent vets in right now, but it's hard to make that deal with the Sixers offering a better prospect in Noel or Okafor for probably a cheaper price.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Omg boogie embiid

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

I was thinking about the trade Cousins for garbage proposals and while he's got a bit of an on the court temper, he's been impressively patient when you consider that guys like Markieff Morris have melted down publicly over not being traded.

e: Steve Francis arrested for DWI in Houston.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Imagine the Sixers trading sac 19 back for boogie

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

euphronius posted:

Omg boogie embiid

euphronius posted:

Imagine the Sixers trading sac 19 back for boogie

Lol and everyone thinks that boston fans are the only ones that do this, its fun to dream

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

You are right bos makes sense. Boogie Horford is sick

Could take out cle honestly

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

euphronius posted:

You are right bos makes sense. Boogie Horford is sick

Could take out cle honestly

Yeah it would be great. I think Boogie is gonna be really easily swayed by a more competent organization / presentation during free agency (if it gets that far) after being subjected to years of Kingsmen but I"m basing that on absolutely nothing except my hopes

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

The problem is New Jersey isn't terrible

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

When I die, I hope they say I made the eSports industry a better place than I made millions of dollars.

Mr. Mambold posted:

I guess the burning question we all want to know then is how does the beard feel on your face?

Think about how good his numbers would be if he wasn't being held back aerodynamically by the wind drag created from his beard.

Jack's Flow
Jun 6, 2003

Life, friends, is boring

euphronius posted:

Which is very confusing. Nearly as confusing as the Bulls not being bad.

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

euphronius posted:

They're pretty bad and they're getting worse but yeah they're trying hard

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

Hiring Billy King and trading all your picks away, a great and replicable path to success

Brook Lopez: respectable 3 point shooter is weirder than Dwyane Wade

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

chunkles posted:

Hiring Billy King and trading all your picks away, a great and replicable path to success

Brook Lopez: respectable 3 point shooter is weirder than Dwyane Wade

Eh, I mean Brook has always been a good long 2 jumper. It was just moving back a couple more feet (Like Thibs did with Luol Deng).

Wade in general was not a reliable jump shooter compared to Lopez.

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

I guess I never watched much Brook because, well, the Nets and his injuries. I've probably watched more Robin than him.

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

xbilkis posted:

That account seems to be suggesting that you shouldn't criticize Hoiberg for leaving Bobby Portis in for 14 consecutive minutes as the game swung from a 7 point lead to a 5 point deficit, which is...interesting

I think the argument is that Speights is a terrible matchup for Lopez who is slow. So going with a more athletic 5 isn't a bad idea. Of course the problem is playing Portis over Felicio who is in fact good.

Tae posted:

I have a sneaking suspicion the reason why Felicio isn't being played is because of his next contract

Something is fishy about it. He could barely get into the game in the preseason despite being vastly superior to Portis in every facet of the game. It seems like something coming from the front office because Fred did actually have Felicio in the rotation to start the season and for some reason decided he'd rather watch Portis stink up the court instead. Portis belongs in the D-League right now although Gar won't admit to his 5th straight draft bust.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
Boogie is going to team up with the brow and it's going to be glorious

• Locked thread