Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who is the man??
This poll is closed.
Goku 202 7.09%
Vegeta 279 9.79%
Krillin 208 7.30%
Piccolo or his nameks 212 7.44%
Gohan or Cool Gohan 135 4.74%
Yamcha 90 3.16%
Tien 120 4.21%
Muten Roshi 89 3.12%
Tao Pai Pai 71 2.49%
Frieza 69 2.42%
Cell or an android 86 3.02%
Buu 62 2.18%
Hercule "Mark" Satan 327 11.48%
Videl 90 3.16%
Bulma 104 3.65%
Yajirobe 99 3.47%
Ginyu or other Frieza squad guy 68 2.39%
King kai or another kai 53 1.86%
Chi-Chi 83 2.91%
Goten 43 1.51%
Trunks or Cool Trunks 112 3.93%
Bardock 48 1.68%
Other villain of DB,Z, or GT(please post about it!) 41 1.44%
Uub 42 1.47%
Oolong 90 3.16%
Zamasu 26 0.91%
Total: 1326 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

Manatee Cannon posted:

hey man yamcha has only died as many times as goku, vegeta, or piccolo. it's not like he's krillin or something

Watching the show isn't necessary to participate in the meme.

haha Yamcha dies lol, wouldn't it be funny if they referenced that!!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Yes, it would, sassassin. It is funny when shows do things. Thank you for recognizing that.

The next episode is about how Goku never revived King Kai even though he could have. It is funny. I am glad they are making that episode.

notaspy
Mar 22, 2009

When goku goes back to the future to pick up zeno technically isn't he the one that is upsidedown? Zeno is the god of all things so his up is the only true up.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

sassassin posted:

Watching the show isn't necessary to participate in the meme.

haha Yamcha dies lol, wouldn't it be funny if they referenced that!!!

yes what is this 'humor' of which you speak

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

Wait, didn't Dragon Ball Kai actually retcon King Kai still being dead at the end of the Cell Saga? Maybe I'm imagining things but I could have sworn they actually changed that and had him brought back to life.

I mean I prefer what Super is going to do, but still.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

I'm pretty sure the last time we see King Kai in Kai, he and Goku are trying to build a house and King Kai still has a halo (and then the filler arc montage happens).

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

It might be something I just completely imagined then. Not sure where the thought came from.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

well at least the Xenoverse 2 DLC can just say that's Time Patrol trunks maybe

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Rodyle posted:

well at least the Xenoverse 2 DLC can just say that's Time Patrol trunks maybe

Oh hey, yeah. Clearly what happens is Bonus Future Trunks gets taken off to be part of the Time Patrol and Original Flavor Future Trunks gets to just step in and steal all his poo poo. Best ending for him.

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
is anyone else unsettled by the fact goku shows more affection to Zeno than his wife and kids

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

CharlestonJew posted:

is anyone else unsettled by the fact goku shows more affection to Zeno than his wife and kids

Goku flipped the poo poo out when Zamasu said that he hurt an alternate reality version of Chichi and Goten.

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen

ImpAtom posted:

Goku flipped the poo poo out when Zamasu said that he hurt an alternate reality version of Chichi and Goten.

now imagine what he would have done if he said he hurt zeno

Lupus Rufus
Aug 11, 2008

Prepare for trouble!

And make it a double!

CharlestonJew posted:

that might intimidate him more than enrage him.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

he'd probably warp to his family to get them into a time machine and away from the soon to be obliterated universe 7

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

ImpAtom posted:

Oh hey, yeah. Clearly what happens is Bonus Future Trunks gets taken off to be part of the Time Patrol and Original Flavor Future Trunks gets to just step in and steal all his poo poo. Best ending for him.
Bonus Future Trunks is hosed, then.

CharlestonJew posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=53doeveW9SI

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Well, SOME Trunks has to be hosed, it's a universal thing. The Ones Who Walk Away from Mirai.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

ImpAtom posted:

Well, SOME Trunks has to be hosed, it's a universal thing. The Ones Who Walk Away from Mirai.

Main Future Trunks - everyone he loved died then his universe died
Bonus Future Trunks - will probably die in an ignoble manner
Main Trunks (GT Timeline) - is in GT
Time Patroller Trunks - gets the poo poo kicked out of him and his body stolen every tuesday

Main Kid Trunks is in for some poo poo when he grows up.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Funky Valentine posted:

Main Future Trunks - everyone he loved died then his universe died
Bonus Future Trunks - will probably die in an ignoble manner
Main Trunks (GT Timeline) - is in GT
Time Patroller Trunks - gets the poo poo kicked out of him and his body stolen every tuesday

Main Kid Trunks is in for some poo poo when he grows up.

But which one will get marry to Namazu?

lezard_valeth
Mar 14, 2016

notaspy posted:

When goku goes back to the future to pick up zeno technically isn't he the one that is upsidedown? Zeno is the god of all things so his up is the only true up.

This are the kind of questions that last episode failed to answer for being so rushed.

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

Why are we assuming his universe died? I thought Zeno blew up the world possessed by Zamasu, but that was about it.

Is there a gif of upside Zeno's legs twitching yet? I want to link it to people and inform them this is modern dragonball

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Do you want to know what we do to artists?
Both Zenos are going to get into a dumb argument and they'll end up erasing each other from existence, and it's all going to be Goku's fault.

lezard_valeth
Mar 14, 2016

Rhonne posted:

Both Zenos are going to get into a dumb argument and they'll end up erasing each other from existence, and it's all going to be Goku's fault.

If we learned anything from this arc, is that you are your best friend and will always agree with yourself

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Holy poo poo, Zamasu :stare:

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

"Go on until you're stopped."
I kind of want an episode about how Yamcha loves everything about his life and is super happy and doesn't even know everybody thinks he's super lame, because he's rich, the 11th strongest man in the world, and has a crazy ripped body that women fall all over.

Just to be contrary.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Spiderdrake posted:

Why are we assuming his universe died? I thought Zeno blew up the world possessed by Zamasu, but that was about it.

Is there a gif of upside Zeno's legs twitching yet? I want to link it to people and inform them this is modern dragonball

Zeno destroyed Zamasu, and Zamasu was spreading out and becoming the Universe, not just one planet! When Zeno said "this place is empty" I'm pretty sure he was talking about the entire universe, not just Earth.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

So, this episode was literally "We're not skipping a beat, Morty."
Huh, that's pretty...dark.

Next slice-of-life episode looks amazing though.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Rand Brittain posted:

I kind of want an episode about how Yamcha loves everything about his life and is super happy and doesn't even know everybody thinks he's super lame, because he's rich, the 11th strongest man in the world, and has a crazy ripped body that women fall all over.

Just to be contrary.

What does Yamcha even do for a living? Bum on Master Roshi's couch and wash Turtle?

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Funky Valentine posted:

What does Yamcha even do for a living? Bum on Master Roshi's couch and wash Turtle?

I think the last time his job was confirmed he was like a mechanic or something?

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Funky Valentine posted:

Desert Bandit.

OB_Juan
Nov 24, 2004

Not every day is a good day.

Dinosaur Gum

notaspy posted:

Well, Trunks was there, and from what I can tell, he's not too interested in gods' opinions, so, hard to say.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

Rand Brittain posted:

Just to be contrary.

Yamcha is a professional baseball player and has been doing so for at least 10 years now, and due to being trained into a literal superhuman, probably won't have to retire for ages.

Yamcha probably has more money than anyone in this cast not named Mr. Satan.

EDIT - wait, nevermind. According to an interview with Toriyama, he and Puar are freelance bodyguards.

That still sounds like something that'd make a lot of money.

Nodosaur fucked around with this message at 03:16 on Nov 21, 2016

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Funky Valentine posted:

Toriyama-supported filler has him as a pro baseball player, using those super martial arts skills for the cash like Krillin would do years later.

Toriyama interviews say that he makes a living as a bodyguard, after having gone through other jobs like working in a host club (from where he got fired due to still being nervous around women).

TFRazorsaw posted:

Yamcha probably has more money than anyone in this cast not named Mr. Satan.

Bulma. Literally the richest person in the world. Mr. Satan outright stated that he didn't give his world saviour money to Vegeta because the Briefs are already far richer than him.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

It's good that Mr. Satan subsidizes his son-in-law's family.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

Blaze Dragon posted:

Toriyama-supported filler has him as a pro baseball player, using those super martial arts skills for the cash like Krillin would do years later.

Toriyama interviews say that he makes a living as a bodyguard, after having gone through other jobs like working in a host club (from where he got fired due to still being nervous around women).

Bulma. Literally the richest person in the world. Mr. Satan outright stated that he didn't give his world saviour money to Vegeta because the Briefs are already far richer than him.

okay, has the THIRD most money

HitTheTargets
Mar 3, 2006

I came here to laugh at you.
Now I want an episode about 18 trying to arrange a marriage between Marron and Trunks for that sweet, sweet upward mobility.

Cassa
Jan 29, 2009

HitTheTargets posted:

Now I want an episode about 18 trying to arrange a marriage between Marron and Trunks for that sweet, sweet upward mobility.

If we have an episode of 18 scaring away the Pilaf gang from Trunks I'll be so stoked.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Concept: Aunt 18, Ultimate Babysitter

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

either way, it's great how this arc was caused and ended by gods becoming best friends with themselves.

And both are responsible for the deaths of hundreds of billions of people!

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

Rutibex posted:

Zeno destroyed Zamasu, and Zamasu was spreading out and becoming the Universe, not just one planet! When Zeno said "this place is empty" I'm pretty sure he was talking about the entire universe, not just Earth.
The universe is real big. I didn't really get that vibe at all.

But then DBS is kinda weird about scale. If it took Black a year to push Trunks into a corner he'll finish off the Ningen sometime after the heat death of that universe. I don't think the people writing this stuff really think about it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Spiderdrake posted:

The universe is real big. I didn't really get that vibe at all.

But then DBS is kinda weird about scale. If it took Black a year to push Trunks into a corner he'll finish off the Ningen sometime after the heat death of that universe. I don't think the people writing this stuff really think about it.

Then you come up with a believable story board for "a dimensionless god-being becomes all of time and space", and makes sure its clear enough that Jimmy the Korean animation slave can get it out by friday.

• Locked thread