Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
http://www.psp-tv.com/r/NiteCrew
This poll is closed.
500562 49.92%
139 0.01%
153 0.02%
500888 49.95%
940 0.09%
Total: 1002682 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
MadJackal
Apr 30, 2004

Straight up, I was making air-jerk motions because I thought this came from the Daily Stormer or some other White Supremacist site. Oops.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse

Like it'd do anything. He'll either get a free pass or the Reps will change the rules

speng31b
May 8, 2010

It won't matter if he deleted it after taking office because the press that he's going to continue to alienate and gently caress over will be all over that poo poo. And with no other candidate to draw their centrist focus, it's all Trump... even the lovely media "reductively present all two things equal" won't help.

stuffed crust punk
Oct 8, 2004

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

logikv9 posted:

I'm a serial entrepreneur

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
There's also this, but nothing matters, so....

quote:

In an exclusive exchange with ThinkProgress, Richard Painter, a University of Minnesota law professor who previously served as chief ethics counsel to President George W. Bush, says that Trump’s efforts to do business with these diplomats is at odds with a provision of the Constitution intended to prevent foreign states from effectively buying influence with federal officials.

The Constitution’s “Emoluments Clause,” provides that “no person holding any office of profit or trust under” the United States “shall, without the consent of the Congress, accept of any present, emolument, office, or title, of any kind whatever, from any king, prince, or foreign state.”

The diplomats’ efforts in seek Trump’s favor by staying in his hotel “looks like a gift,” Painter told ThinkProgress in an email, and thus is the very kind of favor the Constitution seeks to prevent.
https://twitter.com/JuddLegum/status/800072169632002048

speng31b
May 8, 2010

I think we can revise "things don't matter" to "things matter less than we thought, especially when there's literally anything else going on to draw attention to." After inauguration day it's all Trump, though.

Dick Milhous Rock!
Aug 9, 1974

:nixon::nixon::nixon::nixon::nixon::nixon::nixon::nixon:

it's alright, reince preibus assures everyone that it'll be taken care of

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot

everyone already knows Trump is and will do this and nobody will care or will be able to do anything about it. the GOP controls everything now.

Olga Gurlukovich
Nov 13, 2016

Courts would say its not a gift, not a gift, probably. Also youre the gift

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

maybe the republicans are just playing along until he gets into office so they can impeach him and install pence

somebody's thinking about it anyway

boy would folks be upset

Dick Milhous Rock!
Aug 9, 1974

basically "constitutional government" and "law and order" are the dogwhistles everyone expected they were

Leviathan
Oct 8, 2001

I hear the jury's
still out.. on science.
Fun Shoe
what are current prediction market odds for trump getting impeached in his first term?

Fidel Castronaut
Dec 25, 2004

Houston, we're Havana problem.

"Assuming that Trump does not divest from his hotel, however, it may prove difficult to enforce the Constitution against him. There are few court cases dealing with the Emoluments Clause. Typically, the country has relied on internal safeguards within the executive branch and fear of political embarrassment to prevent violations by the president."

That doesn't exist anymore.

speng31b
May 8, 2010

Jazerus posted:

maybe the republicans are just playing along until he gets into office so they can impeach him and install pence

boy would folks be upset

This would never happen. Trump is the devil's bargain they made to stay in power, if they don't kiss his ring and swear fealty he can wreck them. The irony is, despite defeating Hillary, Trump is still far better equipped to quickly and completely ruin any given conservative politician than Dems on an individual basis. They absolutely cannot oppose him.

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler

blamegame posted:

Courts would say its not a gift, not a gift, probably. Also youre the gift

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse

Jazerus posted:

boy would folks be upset

Pfft, look at this scrub

The Republican party has an ego that rival's donald's. An impeachment would be a black spot on them and a sign of weakness. The infighting afterwards to place blame to remove that blemish would burn some serious players. the Republicans won't impeach him, no matter how bad he gets.

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Fidel Castronaut posted:

Yea that's the part where I started laughing.

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler
Donald could declare marital law and the Republicans will be the first to name-drop Lincoln

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler
he is immune from the law until 2018 at earliest but even then Dems have a lovely map to deal with

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

SocketWrench posted:

Pfft, look at this scrub

The Republican party has an ego that rival's donald's. An impeachment would be a black spot on them and a sign of weakness. The infighting afterwards to place blame to remove that blemish would burn some serious players. the Republicans won't impeach him, no matter how bad he gets.

well duh

there's only one hero now

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot

Fidel Castronaut posted:

"Assuming that Trump does not divest from his hotel, however, it may prove difficult to enforce the Constitution against him. There are few court cases dealing with the Emoluments Clause. Typically, the country has relied on internal safeguards within the executive branch and fear of political embarrassment to prevent violations by the president."

so what you're trying to say is taht a lot of these safeguards are based on good faith which is meaningless for Trumpism, the Red Hats, and the Orange fascist

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

who will wield the sword of chang?

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler

StashAugustine posted:

who will wield the sword of chang?

marco rubio, as long as he remains thirsty (for power)

Pillowpants
Aug 5, 2006
I bought an anti DJT trump web name but I'm incompetent with creativity and web design so who wants to help me with this goon project?

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

Tatum Girlparts posted:

oh is this not a thing a lot of people know? Cool I can break poo poo like this down.

This guy most likely 100% believed what he wrote. A poo poo ton of white supremacists who aren't quiiiite ready to get the tattoos and poo poo think that by 'admiring' how we secretly control the world they're actually a more classy kind of white supremacist. They love to talk about how successful Jews are despite 'all the problems' and all that jazz. It's like how Asians are 'the good ones' because they get treated like submissive and harmless little nerds and/or sex objects. For some of these folks Jews get to that place because while they 100% believe that we run the media and the banks and all that jazz, they think it's a cool thing.

Don't be fooled though, because as soon as they're home they'll be more than happy to talk about how those fuckin jews better stay in their part of town or go back to Israel. It's the same way that Bannon likely thinks he's actually a friend to Jews because he fully 'accepts' that those tricky Jew kids would wreck the grades for his poor gentile babies, and he loves Israel's military. Same way a ton of evangelicals love Jews as long as we're zionists and fit in with their death cult bullshit.

As soon as you step outside that box, or take offence to their praising 'your people' being so 'clever', boy howdy are they no different than Bubba shouting "JEW-S-A" at the press and all.
Thank you. "Positive" stereotypes are hurtful too.

Leviathan
Oct 8, 2001

I hear the jury's
still out.. on science.
Fun Shoe

Pillowpants posted:

I bought an anti DJT trump web name but I'm incompetent with creativity and web design so who wants to help me with this goon project?

why hello yes i would also like a one way ticket to the death camps

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

speng31b posted:

I think we can revise "things don't matter" to "things matter less than we thought, especially when there's literally anything else going on to draw attention to." After inauguration day it's all Trump, though.
I can't wait to see how President Trump's vast array of ethical and legal violations hurts him in the polls! Clinton's going to crush him.

limp dick calvin
Sep 1, 2006

Strepitoso. Vedete? Una meraviglia.

zen death robot posted:

2008 goons: I'll make the web site
2016 goons: I'll buy the domain name

I'll make the wiki

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

i will shitpost on a dead gay forum

Karl Sharks
Feb 20, 2008

The Immortal Science of Sharksism-Fininism

how many idea men does it take to invent a machine to change a lightbulb

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

Jazerus posted:

Order of the Shitpost, mount up!

Fidel Castronaut
Dec 25, 2004

Houston, we're Havana problem.

Agrajag posted:

so what you're trying to say is taht a lot of these safeguards are based on good faith which is meaningless for Trumpism, the Red Hats, and the Orange fascist

yah p much

Olga Gurlukovich
Nov 13, 2016

People are talking about Pence as repressed gay but this Mad Dog general guy is apparently notoriously uh lets say celibate I guess? His other name is 'Warrior Monk.' Could be a lot going on there I guess. Butt this isn't the gay fascism I wanted :(

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

blamegame posted:

People are talking about Pence as repressed gay but this Mad Dog general guy is apparently notoriously uh lets say celibate I guess? His other name is 'Warrior Monk.' Could be a lot going on there I guess. Butt this isn't the gay fascism I wanted :(
Is it just confirmation bias, or are massive homophobes actually more likely to be gay? It wouldn't shock me at all if Pence was gay, but I wonder if that's just because of a few incidents where that was the case and it's colored my expectations.

Agrajag posted:

I think the good faith safeguards being completely eroded has some truly terrifying implications. I don't know where all this poo poo is leading, but I do think the nation's never going to be the same. We're going down a dark path.

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar

Jazerus posted:

yeah well, I'm gay

Matoi Ryuko
Jan 6, 2004

zen death robot posted:

2008 goons: I'll make the web site
2016 goons: I'll buy the domain name

2024 goons: I'll reserve the IP address

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

logikv9 posted:

marco rubio, as long as he remains thirsty (for power)

i think we need to pass it on to the mcmuffin

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe

Matoi Ryuko posted:

omg nice sig
i should get mine updated but i like my current sig sooo much i dont want to do away with it

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

mrmcd
Feb 22, 2003

Pictured: The only good cop (a fictional one).

Nichael posted:

Is it just confirmation bias, or are massive homophobes actually more likely to be gay? It wouldn't shock me at all if Pence was gay, but I wonder if that's just because of a few incidents where that was the case and it's colored my expectations.

I think outside of general stupid teenager "lol ur such a fag headshot wallhax" type poo poo, most ordinary straight people don't care enough to be actively homophobic. Like there's always people trying to stir up poo poo and maybe if you never had experience with gay people and had to go to a gay bar or something, you might be awkward, I dunno. It's an entirely different and weirder thing to wake up every day thinking "What are the gays up to?? I know they're out there plotting something! Gotta electrocute them straight!" It's the single-minded obsession of extreme homophobes that's suspicious.

Also a lot of them do turn out to be Narnia-level closet cases.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

speng31b
May 8, 2010

Matoi Ryuko posted:

2036 goons: I'll swear bloodfealty to the Chief Patriarchy Officer of TimeComWarnerWikiCastAT&T-Mobile for the privilege of dribbling my content down His Majestic Gloriousness's dataful pipelines.

• Locked thread