Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
In Training
Jun 28, 2008

It's lame that I can't add you to the saved list unless I actually track down your avatar in my endlessly updating park for some reason.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

In Training posted:

It's lame that I can't add you to the saved list unless I actually track down your avatar in my endlessly updating park for some reason.

If you go into the castle I think you can page people and add them that way. it's still weird

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Evil Eagle posted:

If you go into the castle I think you can page people and add them that way. it's still weird

I tried that but when I went to the page list you weren't on the list. But you were if I walked around outside. It's a cool looking area but I wish they also had an option for just a bunch of normal menus

Ristolaz
Sep 29, 2005

By completely blowing off my BS you have passed the first trial
Shiny Rockruff gotten

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

Ristolaz posted:

Shiny Rockruff gotten

gah!

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

Ristolaz posted:

Shiny Rockruff gotten

drat

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

~As for dreams, she has enough and more to spare~

Ristolaz posted:

Shiny Rockruff gotten

i want it

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Ristolaz posted:

Shiny Rockruff gotten

Lucky. What's his color?

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

I do Not like alola meowth. he looks like he's from a knockoff game on the app store.

Ristolaz
Sep 29, 2005

In Training posted:

Lucky. What's his color?

Its light blue

Ristolaz
Sep 29, 2005

Tender Bender posted:

I do Not like alola meowth. he looks like he's from a knockoff game on the app store.

Meowch that's correct!

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Tender Bender posted:

You're gonna flip your lid when you see alolan Persian

HalfHazard
Mar 29, 2010

Well that's neat, wild Cubone can call in Kangaskhan.

This sos system can be alright sometimes

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

i was annoyed by the summon help system until a poke in the first island summoned a bagon

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

im glad that with the summoning thing, people were probably getting annoyed with it during playtesting and based Nintendo said "well how about instead of just limiting it, we make it fun? like some wacky poo poo will happen if help keeps showing up"

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.

Bobnumerotres posted:

i was annoyed by the summon help system until a poke in the first island summoned a bagon

Imagine if it summoned a bagel instead lol

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Bobnumerotres posted:

im glad that with the summoning thing, people were probably getting annoyed with it during playtesting and based Nintendo said "well how about instead of just limiting it, we make it fun? like some wacky poo poo will happen if help keeps showing up"

apparently corsola can call for Maranie who its his natural predator and it attacks the corsola first then you. hosed up!

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

TheLovablePlutonis posted:

apparently corsola can call for Maranie who its his natural predator and it attacks the corsola first then you. hosed up!

I was warned about Corsola's predators

HalfHazard
Mar 29, 2010

Bobnumerotres posted:

I hope they expand it in the switch version so more than two pokemon can fight you, and maybe let us call in a second guy as well to even the odds...

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Holy crap

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

In Training posted:

You're gonna flip your lid when you see alolan Persian

Buddy it's flipped, trust me.

that ivy guy
May 20, 2015

Ristolaz posted:

Shiny Rockruff gotten

How did you do this.I am dying trying to chain up a hidden ability pup

Ristolaz
Sep 29, 2005

that ivy guy posted:

How did you do this.I am dying trying to chain up a hidden ability pup

I didnt do anything it just showed up as the first poke!!!

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro
just got a shiny rowlett in wonder trade

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.
I'm using all my self control to not buy this until after Thanksgiving because i'm going to see family i haven't seen in forever and I know that if I have pokémon i'll spend the entire trip gaming and isolating myself because i'm 12 years old lol. Can't wait though and i'm glad y'all are having fun

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

goferchan posted:

I'm using all my self control to not buy this until after Thanksgiving because i'm going to see family i haven't seen in forever and I know that if I have pokémon i'll spend the entire trip gaming and isolating myself because i'm 12 years old lol. Can't wait though and i'm glad y'all are having fun

I got invited to eat Thanksgiving dinner with coworkers but I'm going to stay home and play Pokemon instead.

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

Evil Eagle posted:

I got invited to eat Thanksgiving dinner with coworkers but I'm going to stay home and play Pokemon instead.

He's a gamer! He's a gamer! He's a gamer! A gamer, look, there's a gamer! Oooo! Ooo... All right, ya see?

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

theres a trainer with a muk on the third island..lol came || this close to wiping me. spammed minimize until it could dodge everything and toxined my whole team

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

this is the first pokemon ive played where mini-bosses/bosses actually use a specific strategy to try and roll your team instead of just pure RNG until the elite 4

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Bobnumerotres posted:

this is the first pokemon ive played where mini-bosses/bosses actually use a specific strategy to try and roll your team instead of just pure RNG until the elite 4

yeah the venoshock/toxic and the pseudo sun team are cool as hell

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

i just wish the super effective bonus was +50% instead of double, it always feels like cheating when you just 1/2-shot a big boss lol

Ristolaz
Sep 29, 2005

Bobnumerotres posted:

i just wish the super effective bonus was +50% instead of double, it always feels like cheating when you just 1/2-shot a big boss lol

Yeah I used dire hit on dartrix while holding a scope lens so razor leaf had 100% crit chance and he wiped the water boss pretty hard

Soral
May 30, 2009

just caught a cyndaquil with the island scanner thing. its really rare to see a wild starter so ive never known how tricky they were to catch.... false swiped him down to 1hp and it still took like 10 balls to get him

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

*sets the 3ds down* alright, i need a break

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Soral posted:

just caught a cyndaquil with the island scanner thing. its really rare to see a wild starter so ive never known how tricky they were to catch.... false swiped him down to 1hp and it still took like 10 balls to get him

Gen 2 starters in the wild is a bold but win move

Soral
May 30, 2009

frank.club posted:

Gen 2 starters in the wild is a bold but win move

:yeah:

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Bobnumerotres posted:

*sets the 3ds down* alright, i need a break

I need to sleep...but Pokemon

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

can you change your riding gear in this game its extremely whack

Ristolaz
Sep 29, 2005

Soral posted:

It has a brand new move this gen too:

To inflict massive damage, the user burns itself out. After using this move, the user will no longer be Fire type. 130BP

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Soral posted:

Island scanner?

• Locked thread