Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
http://www.psp-tv.com/r/NiteCrew
This poll is closed.
500562 49.92%
139 0.01%
153 0.02%
500888 49.95%
940 0.09%
Total: 1002682 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
etalian
Mar 20, 2006

RandomBlue posted:

It just cracked me up that anyone can even deny he's backing off his promises when he's come right out and said it.

And LOL at not interpreting his promises literally. There's nothing subjective in those promises, there's no other way to take them. They're simple poo poo a child could understand for the most part.

Of course everyone knows campaign promises frequently don't pan out, it's just how fast he ditched or changed 3-4 of them with a couple of days of the election.

Trump just became a expert civil engineer after a few days of study and realized a concrete wall would too expensive.

He's that smart.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Also I wonder if all federal funds will be cut off to all sanctuary cities, or just the coastal liberal ones? I'd love to see the thousands of small towns that 'refuse' to do any immigration policing get by without any farm subsidies. Forced to choose between a beaten down vulnerable underclass to do all the real work for pennies on the dollar or getting a shitload of taxpayer dollars for existing, haha

change my name
Aug 27, 2007

Legends die but anime is forever.

RIP The Lost Otakus.

cumshitter posted:

I'm a Cricket-American and I'm turned on as gently caress by this.

stuffed crust punk
Oct 8, 2004

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

cumshitter posted:

Lol shes a living google image search for "family friendly hot secretary"

stuffed crust punk
Oct 8, 2004

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
SECUPP is a piece of poo poo and i hope she dies

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Epic High Five posted:

Also I wonder if all federal funds will be cut off to all sanctuary cities, or just the coastal liberal ones? I'd love to see the thousands of small towns that 'refuse' to do any immigration policing get by without any farm subsidies. Forced to choose between a beaten down vulnerable underclass to do all the real work for pennies on the dollar or getting a shitload of taxpayer dollars for existing, haha

It's great how the GOP controls Congress now and the Dem firewall in the Senate no longer exists.

Mayor Dave
Feb 20, 2009

Bernie the Snow Clown
hey just fyi the Trumpomerica propaganda thing is on fox news right now

cumshitter
Sep 27, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
So I'm a boring gently caress who has worked in finance, both high and low, and when I meet people at bars and parties sometimes folks are like "Oh please help me figure out how to invest" or "Hey I have debt collectors calling me can you give me some advice?" And I always give them my number and tell them to just call or text me if they want to run some poo poo past me. Like, I preface this by saying if I can't give them the answer I can point them in the right direction.

To date zero people have followed through, and that's why I put it out there. I get free drinks or puffs on joints or even bumps because I give them some Gorilla Mindset levels of advice and tell them that if they want to sit down and dig into this poo poo deeper over coffee or something I'll gladly share more.

Trump's entire campaign is built on making bullshit, casual promises with strangers that he doesn't plan to follow through on and lol that his base hasn't figured this out.

Marzzle
Dec 1, 2004

Bursting with flavor

cumshitter posted:

was this an actual thing?

Kazzah
Jul 15, 2011

Formerly known as
Krazyface
Hair Elf
Wait so did Bannon actually reference satan or something?

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

There's a couple bubbles ready to burst that will make things bad for affluent white people right? Tech bubble bursting logically should mean nothing since all it would consist of is companies with no revenue model are told to start paying bills but we all know it will tank the markets and 401ks. Real estate is due for another apocalypse right?

Mayor Dave
Feb 20, 2009

Bernie the Snow Clown

Marzzle posted:

was this an actual thing?

is what real? se cupp or cricket-americans? no to both

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Epic High Five posted:

There's a couple bubbles ready to burst that will make things bad for affluent white people right? Tech bubble bursting logically should mean nothing since all it would consist of is companies with no revenue model are told to start paying bills but we all know it will tank the markets and 401ks. Real estate is due for another apocalypse right?

Probably given how many of toxic high risk products featured in the Big Short just got rebranded and more importantly Wall Street banks learned from Obama they could hold the whole country hostage.

cumshitter
Sep 27, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

Krazyface posted:

Yeah he like cited some movie villains and said darkness is power and power is good and it's up to you to determine whether he's a lucky idiot or some kind of genius manipulating the media.

radical meme
Apr 17, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Dick Milhous Rock! posted:

it's con-artists all the way down

I'm still not convinced that Trump actually wanted to win. A story today says that Melania never moving into the WH. WTF?

radical meme fucked around with this message at 02:11 on Nov 21, 2016

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Bolton Hairy-Bore posted:

I think the authoritarians and white nationalists soon-to-be at the helm are playing a strategy of trying to scare us into inaction. By being so audacious, so unapologetic, not trying to smooth over people's sensible fears, saying weird things about loving darkness and Satan and fondly reminiscing the 1930's, etc.

Yes, the reality is that we now have a white nationalist and authoritarian White House and a likely compliant Congress. We know their vision of the future is grim. But it's still going to be tough work transforming reality to their visions because of popular resistance and US civil society, the only things standing in their way.

The majority of the country loving hates Trump and all he stands for. And US civil society is much more ingrained than say Russia's before Putin. They know we're scared, and they're trying to terrify us into capitulation.
Totally. But I also think he wants to force compliance by provoking his enemies into overreacting. Bannon's style is all about provocation. He says, in effect, that he's Satan. Oh my God there's a Sith Lord in the White House! Everybody panic! But once you're there, he's already got you where he wants you.

What he also said in that interview is that the media and so on can't respond effectively, because they don't know what he's doing. They'd prefer the Darth Vader version of Bannon, and so would he, because it drowns out counter-messaging and makes the story all about him and his super-omniscient evil powers. He's a white nationalist and an authoritarian, and an rear end in a top hat, but he's also a human being and is playing a game.

And the crazy thing is that he's telling everyone -- who doesn't know what he's doing -- what he's doing. Milo did the same thing. He's totally open about deliberately provoking his enemies into overreacting.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

radical meme posted:

I'm still not convinced that Trump actually wanted to win. A story today says that Melania never mining into the WH. WTF?

Well most of his meltdowns before the election, like the lying dishonest EC indicated he thought he would lose the race.

cumshitter
Sep 27, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

radical meme posted:

I'm still not convinced that Trump actually wanted to win. A story today says that Melania never mining into the WH. WTF?

Forget where it came from but the best description of Trump winning I've read is: Max Bialystock realizing he has a hit play on his hands.

HUGE PUBES A PLUS
Apr 30, 2005

probably best to go back to your respective echo chambers at this point.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

I hope Trump fails and brings everything down and I hope he does it in the next year and a half so his taint will be all over the midterms

I hope he tries to rattle sabers at the Iranians about reneging on the nuclear deal, then they just immediately cancel their end of it like they promised they would if it seemed like we aren't going to hold up our end of it. Then as war with Iran is approaching I hope Putin dumps everything he has on Trump and the GOP to every media outlet in the world except WikiLeaks

radical meme
Apr 17, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Epic High Five posted:

I hope Trump fails and brings everything down and I hope he does it in the next year and a half so his taint will be all over the midterms

I hope he tries to rattle sabers at the Iranians about reneging on the nuclear deal, then they just immediately cancel their end of it like they promised they would if it seemed like we aren't going to hold up our end of it. Then as war with Iran is approaching I hope Putin dumps everything he has on Trump and the GOP to every media outlet in the world except WikiLeaks

I want the Iranians to call for regime change in the U.S. before any further negotiations.

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse

FirstAidKite posted:

Uhhhhhhhhh

How should I feel that I made a trump supporter mad enough that he made a google doc trying to refute my dislike of trump

idk how to feel about this

like I feel kinda embarrassed for him that he went through that effort to try to get me to see the truth that trump is good...

Shouldn't matter. It's not particularly hard to piss off a trumper since they're mostly psychotic assholes as is. I mean hell, Starbucks inadvertently did it by having a slow service moment at one location and when they had a cup with a unity message on it. Hell, the Hamilton play pissed them off just by asking the vice pres elect not to be a dickbag in a rather polite way. It's like pissing off killer bees, you just have to be near one and that's all it takes

*reads through doc*

Actually, bail. This dude is gonna end up going rogue rage at some point and you are going to get killed. He bought the child rape/pizza thing, that's rabid insanity

SocketWrench fucked around with this message at 02:39 on Nov 21, 2016

cumshitter
Sep 27, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
Why is a dude named Daniel Kibblesmith blue starred?

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

Steve Bannon would unironically agree with Thulsa Doom's monologue about the power of flesh, if it weren't performed by a black guy.

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

radical meme posted:

I want the Iranians to call for regime change in the U.S. before any further negotiations.

The young people of the United States yearn for a democratic, Western, liberal society, but the conservative older generations and semi-theocratic institutions prevent meaningful societal change from occurring at anything but a glacial pace.

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse

William Bear posted:

"We've been at this for a few days. I mean, this is ridiculous. Let's just kind of take a deep breath. The point is, what Americans should see from President-elect Trump is someone who, by being in action from the moment he was declared the winner, he was on a mission to bring everyone together," Priebus said.

Lolz. By "in action" he means up at 3 am bitching on twitter about the side that doesn't like him and driving the wedge in further. What a bunch of fuckups.

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

Jazerus posted:

The young people of the United States yearn for a democratic, Western, liberal society, but the conservative older generations and semi-theocratic institutions prevent meaningful societal change from occurring at anything but a glacial pace.

purge everyone over 55 imo

Karl Sharks
Feb 20, 2008

The Immortal Science of Sharksism-Fininism

Krazyface posted:

quote:

The ex-Breitbart executive, who serves as Trump's chief strategist for the new administration, told The Hollywood Reporter that "darkness is good."
"Dick Cheney. Darth Vader. Satan. That's power. It only helps us when they (liberals) get it wrong. When they're blind to who we are and what we're doing," he said in an interview published Friday, his first outside of Breitbart since the election.

http://www.cnn.com/2016/11/18/politics/steve-bannon-donald-trump-hollywood-reporter-interview/

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler
i'm a bit torn on how the trump presidency will manage power

you've got donald in the center, an egomaniac who will somehow find a way to do the least amount of work possible because he just wants the title and none of the responsibility. a poster here said that he would be selfish with the power and keep it to himself, but there's so much that's actually required of him there's a 100% chance that he'll dump it onto *somebody*

you've got bannon and kusher on the sidelines, trying to get their own goals in and they'll probably have sway enough with both donald and his cabinet to do some real shady poo poo.

then you've got the republicans in congress. they just see donny as a way to get whatever nonsense legislation to ban gay abortions / mandatory voter id everywhere, forever and they'll just stick fingers in their ears when he says that [ethnic group here] should be gassed or something. but when donald tries to actually do something they don't like, for example something lovely foreign policy related / term limits related, they will push back. question is how successful that will be?

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

logikv9 posted:

i'm a bit torn on how the trump presidency will manage power

you've got donald in the center, an egomaniac who will somehow find a way to do the least amount of work possible because he just wants the title and none of the responsibility. a poster here said that he would be selfish with the power and keep it to himself, but there's so much that's actually required of him there's a 100% chance that he'll dump it onto *somebody*

you've got bannon and kusher on the sidelines, trying to get their own goals in and they'll probably have sway enough with both donald and his cabinet to do some real shady poo poo.

then you've got the republicans in congress. they just see donny as a way to get whatever nonsense legislation to ban gay abortions / mandatory voter id everywhere, forever and they'll just stick fingers in their ears when he says that [ethnic group here] should be gassed or something. but when donald tries to actually do something they don't like, for example something lovely foreign policy related / term limits related, they will push back. question is how successful that will be?

I imagine it will Nazi Germany levels of dysfunctionality in which all the lower level officials fight out, while Trump lets it continue since it makes him the sole source of power.

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
Yiannopolous wrote an article several months ago about "how to beat me." It was basically, don't overreact, do your homework, don't act like a loon. Basically treat him like you would anyone else. Which is a subtle admission that he is, in fact, full of poo poo and relies on tricks to win people over. There's very little actually existing under the surface, so if you take his power away he collapses.

Hillary made the same mistake with Trump by presenting him as a beyond the pale with his constant outrages. Berlusconi's enemies did the same thing for years and it didn't work.

Now watch how Van Jones deals with (ugh) ... Carl the Cuck Slayer. It's long so I'll just sum it up. InfoWars tried to provoke Van into overreacting on the street.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sjtENUXgZIY

But he didn't do that. He came at them with good humor, self-deprecation, reason and respect -- and by the end the InfoWarriors sat there saying "well I have a lot of respect for Van Jones now gee... he really spread logic compared to the leftist-liberals." Dude. Van Jones is to the left of the Democratic Party.

And he didn't underestimate Trump nearly as much as other commentators so he seems like he knows a thing or two.

Edit: Also Bannon and the new Right have copied Alinsky's Rules for Radicals. "Power is not only what you have, but what the enemy thinks you have / The threat is usually more terrifying than the thing itself / Ridicule is man’s most potent weapon."

BrutalistMcDonalds fucked around with this message at 02:30 on Nov 21, 2016

Olga Gurlukovich
Nov 13, 2016

logikv9 posted:

he'll throw a lot of tantrums tho and i just hope we get to hear about them

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit

dat boy on the right sure has some dick sucking lips

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
it's really easy to say 'just ignore them' until they're in your face spitting slurs and poo poo and then as soon as you say 'well gently caress you then' suddenly you're instantly exactly on their level and then hey if you think about it it's your fault they're harassing you to begin with.

That's not actually how this works. Leslie Jones reacted to getting really loving treated poorly with humor and the result was...she got treated like poo poo even more until she had naked photos hacked, because gently caress her I guess. It's almost as if these guys are actually just hateful people who want to make certain groups' lives miserable or something.

'just don't react' is basically just saying 'take their abuse until they get bored' and that's not an actual solution.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

In Knights of the Old Republic, Bannon always did the Dark Side Walkthrough

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

lol to defeat them just follow this blueprint they gave us to defeat them! the first step is to legitimize them and accept their arguments as valid weird!

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler
the political junkie in me is all giddy that i have no idea what will be happening and that i can see it as it happens, but the actual person in me is :stare: at that same possibility

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Epic High Five posted:

lol to defeat them just follow this blueprint they gave us to defeat them! the first step is to legitimize them and accept their arguments as valid weird!
they don't have arguments

again, this is a waxwork

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse

We all have different views....that all agree with the Republican party

• Locked thread