Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002
F-Zero GX as well, but i dont think nintendo listens to F-Zero-related prayers

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!
The big F-Zero/Metroid racing adventure crossover game is coming out late next year.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

If I could play Metroid Prime on a subway I would probably pass out from excitement and have my Switch stolen from me.

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Mobile metroid prime would be revolutionary

hope the switch has a lot of games on or near release though.

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

My parents got me one of those tiny screens that clip on top of your GameCube and I used it once to play Metroid Prime in the laundry room of my freshman dorm.

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

HolePisser1982 posted:

fingers crossed for gamecube games on the virtual console. having GC mario golf on the go would be so badass

is the gc mario golf better than the 3ds mario golf?

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

I.N.R.I posted:

is the gc mario golf better than the 3ds mario golf?

i think theyre pretty similar in all respects. i feel like i enjoyed the GC version's courses more, but that could just be nostalgia. it was obv the better version if you wanted to play on the couch with friends

devtesla
Jan 2, 2012

Grimey Drawer

In Training posted:

I have the feeling they're just gonna rerelease every good Wii u game on switch except for Mario maker.

there's no reason they couldn't make a tablet controller for the switch at some point.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.

In Training posted:

If I could play Metroid Prime on a subway I would probably pass out from excitement and have my Switch stolen from me.

Soral
May 30, 2009

nintendo yanked AM2R and pokemon uranium from this year's game awards best fan creation category apparently.................. happy 30th anniversary metroid

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

Soral posted:

nintendo yanked AM2R and pokemon uranium from this year's game awards best fan creation category apparently.................. happy 30th anniversary metroid

lol

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

am2r probably woulda won

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

~As for dreams, she has enough and more to spare~
it sucks that pokemon uranium gets lumped in with am2r all the time just because they got taken down around the same time because it sucks rear end

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Pokemon Uranium is so loving bad lol

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

why

Soral
May 30, 2009

pokemon uranium is total rear end but i respect it's ambition and i think it deserves better than what nintendo gave it

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I played it for like 5 minutes and the game opens with required grinding because everything one shots you and gives you like 4 XP. It's a classic Hard ROMHack that doesn't understand how good hard games are actually designed

Soral
May 30, 2009

https://twitter.com/idSoftware/status/799022495978442754

https://twitter.com/NinEverything/status/800478022830735360

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

AM2R is prolly the only fan project I've ever liked

Soral
May 30, 2009

In Training posted:

I played it for like 5 minutes and the game opens with required grinding because everything one shots you and gives you like 4 XP. It's a classic Hard ROMHack that doesn't understand how good hard games are actually designed

the new type they added is super effective against every other type lol

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
I'm starting to question the integrity of this video game awards show

Retarded_Clown_
Feb 18, 2012

I think it's AWESOME how Nintendo always wtfpwns these disgusting impostors. They are traitors to the gamer republic.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

I'm starting to question the integrity of this video game awards show

Can't wait to see who wins eSport of the Year Brought to you by Omen, an HP Product.

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

who is the most trending Gamer of the year. who is it. who

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Idk but I hope Boogie2988 because he seems the most epic from the photos on the game awards website

Soral
May 30, 2009

absolutely anything posted:

who is the most trending Gamer of the year. who is it. who

its me

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

i hope jacksepticeye wins because hes HILARIOUS and way epic and i looovvee his voice

mycophobia
May 7, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!

In Training posted:

AM2R is prolly the only fan project I've ever liked

i don't like the music

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.

HORMELCHILI posted:

i hope jacksepticeye wins because hes HILARIOUS and way epic and i looovvee his voice

TOP OF THE MORNIN TO YA LADDIES!!! gently caress yes, God I love that beautiful bastard

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.

mycophobia posted:

i don't like the music

the music sucks yeah. theres one track in particular i forget which area it plays in but it sounds like a retard person banging on a midi keyboard randomly

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

mycophobia posted:

i don't like the music

Yeah, and some of the new enemies were kinda dumb looking. But it's still an impressive game

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8WCy5x437HY

mycophobia
May 7, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!
the original metroid ii, while i wouldn't actually want to play it, has a really funky main theme and a great minimalist, atmospheric soundtrack besides

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

You were disqualified, sorry.

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

mycophobia posted:

the original metroid ii, while i wouldn't actually want to play it, has a really funky main theme and a great minimalist, atmospheric soundtrack besides

i like how crunchy the main overworld music is and am2r doesnt capture that at all

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fCIH943auRA

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

HolePisser1982 posted:

i think theyre pretty similar in all respects. i feel like i enjoyed the GC version's courses more, but that could just be nostalgia. it was obv the better version if you wanted to play on the couch with friends

i freaking wish my friends played games. thank u

Nostradingus
Jul 13, 2009

don't really see why people get so salty about nintendo pulling unauthorized uses of their intellectual property

like, make a game that's like pokemon, but don't call it pokemon. problem solved idiot

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Nostradingus posted:

don't really see why people get so salty about nintendo pulling unauthorized uses of their intellectual property

like, make a game that's like pokemon, but don't call it pokemon. problem solved idiot

if you do that, then no one on earth plays your game

Nostradingus
Jul 13, 2009

elf help book posted:

if you do that, then no one on earth plays your game

yes but you get to keep your gamer honor

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mycophobia
May 7, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!
I really want to be on the side of the am2r guy. there's absolutely no way that if Nintendo came out with Metroid Zero Mission 2 that am2r would be anything even approaching a threat to its sales.

that said, even disregarding the possible trademark infringement, am2r shamelessly uses Zero Mission assets and for that it shouldn't come as a surprise it got c&d'd