Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
I did not see a football move on that "catch"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Samadhi
May 13, 2001

Infidel Castro posted:

Not quite. Now if Cook had torn an ACL and needed to go on IR, then it would be.

All the while giving up a big pass over the middle whilst on defense

sexy tiger boobs
Aug 23, 2002

Up shit creek with a turd for a paddle.

Thats not a touchdown.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

has aaron rodgers ever been sacked

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

gently caress the Packers forever if this holds up

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

Break what must be broken, once for all, that's all, and take the suffering on oneself.

― Corey Dostoyevsky
clear touchdown

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

I wonder what a catch is?

pro starcraft loser
Jan 23, 2006

Stand back, this could get messy.

Refs are loving us tonight.

Water wet.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

i'm pretty sure if you're on two feet the football move is not necessary in the end zone unless you're going to the ground, i know it's loving weird and stupid

Shangri-Law School
Feb 19, 2013

Jordy Nelson is not called "Golden Tate," the touchdown is invalid.

Infidel Castro
Jun 8, 2010

Again and again
Your face reminds me of a bleak future
Despite the absence of hope
I give you this sacrifice

R.D. Mangles posted:

Quite a bit, actually!

wasianchickn
Sep 4, 2006

welp
what the hell is happening

Good Will Hrunting
Oct 8, 2012

I changed my mind.
I'm not sorry.

R.D. Mangles posted:

marshall newhouse and that other gently caress, what was his name, allen barbie

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

that being said, referees often decide a touchdown means different things almost every week so who loving knows

Spudsly
Jul 11, 2006
I like how they are jettisoning that whole football move thing. The NFL is just to stubborn to admit they made a mistake on the original Calvin Johnson call so we had to do that whole thing, take it to the ridiculous extreme and slowly walk it back down to whatever catches were before that play.

Spring Break My Heart
Feb 15, 2012

Quest For Glory II posted:

i'm pretty sure if you're on two feet the football move is not necessary in the end zone unless you're going to the ground, i know it's loving weird and stupid
why is it ever necessary. how could they seriously not write it better.

HyperPuma
Jun 24, 2007

b-b-b-b-b-b-b-but trump is president
lmfao

thanks for the gift refs

Lessail
Apr 1, 2011

:cry::cry:
tell me how vgk aren't playing like shit again
:cry::cry:
p.s. help my grapes are so sour!
That's not a td lol

sexy tiger boobs
Aug 23, 2002

Up shit creek with a turd for a paddle.

Thats a bullshit touchdown but it wouldn't have mattered because they woulda got it thanks to that penalty anyways.

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

Bullshit. Even Jordy Nelson was grimacing after the refs upheld that. He knew it shouldn't be a TD

tk
Dec 10, 2003

Nap Ghost
That's some bullshit.

Samadhi
May 13, 2001

Thanked you Based Refs

Spring Break My Heart
Feb 15, 2012
that should absolutely be a touchdown.

Santheb
Jul 13, 2005

Yeah thats bullshit but god drat a 19 play drive or some poo poo. Get off the field defense.

pro starcraft loser
Jan 23, 2006

Stand back, this could get messy.

If that wouldn't have been a fumble it shouldn't be a touchdown.

But...its the Packers so....:shrug:

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Good freaking god catches are a state of mind

The Little Kielbasa
Mar 29, 2001

and another thing: im not mad. please dont put in the newspaper that i got mad.

I don't think the "football move" rule applies in the end zone because once you've caught the ball the play is over and there are no football moves left to make.

Except gyrating your hips for a 15 yard penalty.

Democrazy
Oct 16, 2008

If you're not willing to lick the boot, then really why are you in politics lol? Everything is a cycle of just getting stomped on so why do you want to lose to it over and over, just submit like me, I'm very intelligent.
One thing I hate about Aaron Rodgers is that he will sometimes abuse the rules to protect QBs, such as when he runs to the sidelines to look like he's going out or bounds but then suddenly turns up field. I'm glad the refs didn't allow him to flop on the ground and then pretend like he wasn't giving himself up.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

anyway my dream of a 7-7 tie is alive

NattyBo
Sep 20, 2004

Football Team.

pro starcraft loser posted:

Refs are loving us tonight.

Water wet.

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

Spudsly posted:

I like how they are jettisoning that whole football move thing. The NFL is just to stubborn to admit they made a mistake on the original Calvin Johnson call so we had to do that whole thing, take it to the ridiculous extreme and slowly walk it back down to whatever catches were before that play.

they aren't though. the point of a football move is to gain yardage and when you are in the endzone it doesn't matter. it's basically going out of bounds catch rules

Spudsly
Jul 11, 2006

Quest For Glory II posted:

Maybe, but there was one in the playoffs with the ravens vs the pats (the one where they then missed the field goal on the next play and lost) that looked a lot like that but with a lot more time in hand for the receiver. I think the answer is that they are trying to bring it back to the "would your mom have said he caught the ball?" standard.

Edit: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yIH-GrnnPVM

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

Petite Dinklage posted:

Thanked you Based Refs

you're missing an "i"

tk
Dec 10, 2003

Nap Ghost

hifi posted:

they aren't though. the point of a football move is to gain yardage and when you are in the endzone it doesn't matter. it's basically going out of bounds catch rules

If it's not a catch in the field it's not a catch in the end zone.

The Little Kielbasa
Mar 29, 2001

and another thing: im not mad. please dont put in the newspaper that i got mad.

Democrazy posted:

One thing I hate about Aaron Rodgers is that he will sometimes abuse the rules to protect QBs, such as when he runs to the sidelines to look like he's going out or bounds but then suddenly turns up field. I'm glad the refs didn't allow him to flop on the ground and then pretend like he wasn't giving himself up.

Peyton got a big gain out of that BS move in the playoffs vs the Steelers last year :mad:

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
At what point did TV executives decide that what the nation needs is live musicals on television?

It seems like if you really liked that sort of thing you'd go support some local arts.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Spudsly posted:

Maybe, but there was one in the playoffs with the ravens vs the pats (the one where they then missed the field goal on the next play and lost) that looked a lot like that but with a lot more time in hand for the receiver. I think the answer is that they are trying to bring it back to the "would your mom have said he caught the ball?" standard.
in the case of the Lee Evans play, the ball was stripped from him as his second foot was hitting the ground, so he didn't even satisfy that part of the catch

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

The Little Kielbasa posted:

I don't think the "football move" rule applies in the end zone because once you've caught the ball the play is over and there are no football moves left to make.

Except gyrating your hips for a 15 yard penalty.

Yeah I think this is the way the rulebook works. It's pretty annoying that if the exact same thing happened on a sliding catch it wouldn't count though.

wasianchickn
Sep 4, 2006

welp

tk posted:

If it's not a catch in the field it's not a catch in the end zone.

i'm with you

if he was in the process of tucking it away to gain possession as al or chris or whoever said, then that means he didn't have possession

i mean, if it's only a catch "but for the defender" then it's dumb because the defender's job is to prevent the catch

or maybe i'm just dumb

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

Grittybeard posted:

At what point did TV executives decide that what the nation needs is live musicals on television?

It seems like if you really liked that sort of thing you'd go support some local arts.

It's real cheap to produce and probably better overall than reality TV.

• Locked thread