Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
kung fu jive
Jul 2, 2014

SOPHISTICATED DOG SHIT
Having played a decent chunk of games this weekend I've determined that ADC is not fun this patch and that I'd rather play top. Unsettling to say the least.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

amazeballs posted:

Having played a decent chunk of games this weekend I've determined that ADC is not fun this patch and that I'd rather play top. Unsettling to say the least.

you can just feel free to make this post on almost any patch

iSurrender
Aug 25, 2005
Now with 22% more apathy!
My main roles since atleast season 3 have been 1) ADC Mid 2) ADC Bot, and frankly Ive never understood the bitching from other ADC mains about being weak/unfun. ADCs have never been weak (in terms of total game impact) and if you find them unfun just play something else for a while?

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

no role has ever been weak in terms of total game impact but thanks for that insight

kung fu jive
Jul 2, 2014

SOPHISTICATED DOG SHIT

iSurrender posted:

My main roles since atleast season 3 have been 1) ADC Mid 2) ADC Bot, and frankly Ive never understood the bitching from other ADC mains about being weak/unfun. ADCs have never been weak (in terms of total game impact) and if you find them unfun just play something else for a while?

I'm sure it has more to do with me being bad at positioning than anything particularly in 6.22. I was being a little glib. It feels like my ADC life is constantly riding on the edge of a knife in games featuring assassins like Kat and Akali. I make one mistake and I'm instantly deleted and I'm. Just. Not. Good. Enough.

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004
Twitch and Vayne are absolutely insane this patch and completely destroy games when they have supports that can stack shield power items

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

twitch and vayne dont really suffer from that "i can't do anything by myself" feeling which is sort of important but i don't know how long the vayne thing will last. it doesn't seem like they'll keep fervor useless forever. of course q max vayne is sort of an unlikely series of events too. so long as most adcs dont have a two item power spike she'll still be good.

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012

Work Friend Keven posted:

4. Phreak did NOT get bodied in lane by Tyler1.

i didnt get this until i got that vid recommended and lol thats the most i've seen tyler1 sweat before his first kills, dude was stoked about wanting to kill phreak

Lovechop
Feb 1, 2005

cheers mate

rabidsquid posted:

no role has ever been weak in terms of total game impact but thanks for that insight

during the height of cinderhulk adcs basically didn't exist but that's the only one i really remember

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Lovechop posted:

during the height of cinderhulk adcs basically didn't exist but that's the only one i really remember

thats a good point, and i am glad that the "adcs have always been fine" talk has brought up that adcs were the one role that has not always been fine.

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004

rabidsquid posted:

twitch and vayne dont really suffer from that "i can't do anything by myself" feeling which is sort of important but i don't know how long the vayne thing will last. it doesn't seem like they'll keep fervor useless forever. of course q max vayne is sort of an unlikely series of events too. so long as most adcs dont have a two item power spike she'll still be good.

Not only is q max crit burst insane but she's completely invisible for 2/3s of a teamfight unless you have TF. Riot completely dropped the ball on their stealth rework. Like it's fine that you don't want someone to be countered by dropping a 100g ward in a teamfight, but you gotta add the effect onto to a 2k support item at the very least.

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011

Lovechop posted:

Grab cinderhulk, smite frog, don't even need thornmail, enemy ADC gets poisoned for 400 damage every time they auto.

Only vayne or lategame bloodthirster ADC could touch tanks in that period.

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012

Firebert posted:

Not only is q max crit burst insane but she's completely invisible for 2/3s of a teamfight unless you have TF. Riot completely dropped the ball on their stealth rework. Like it's fine that you don't want someone to be countered by dropping a 100g ward in a teamfight, but you gotta add the effect onto to a 2k support item at the very least.

It'll have walked a strange and wonderous journey if Hextech Sweeper makes its final stop at Summoners Rift

Gortarius
Jun 6, 2013

idiot
Are they ever going to nerf Vayne?

I'm kind of tired playing melee and being able to do dick if there's a Vayne with just a few items on her. Armor doesn't really help and getting more health just seems to benefit her lifesteal more than anything else.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

vayne has been bad for like a year straight and she's good for two weeks, so odds are that they will in fact never end this reign of terror

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
Assassin meta -> Tank played more often to counter them -> Vayne is strong again

Nerfing Vayne just makes tanks stronger since there's so few tankbusters

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005

RealFoxy posted:

Assassin meta -> Tank played more often to counter them -> Vayne is strong again

They're obviously gonna nerf the Colossus mastery at the same time, maybe even before.

Radical
Apr 6, 2011

give every champ in the game trundle ultimate and get these tanks outta here please and thank you riot

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

kingcobweb posted:

They're obviously gonna nerf the Colossus mastery at the same time, maybe even before.
I just get this sneaky suspicious that Riot will knee-jerk nerf a lot of things which opens up a horrible meta right in time for the new season to start. Probably something involving Assassins and no longer having any counters. Colossus is ridiculous though, getting a good Malphite or Alistar knockup puts such a massive shield on you.

Aumanor
Nov 9, 2012

Radical posted:

give every champ in the game trundle ultimate and get these tanks outta here please and thank you riot

Please nerf every single snowballing champ into the ground and leave tanks as is , ty Riot.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Aumanor posted:

Please nerf every single snowballing champ into the ground and leave tanks as is , ty Riot.

I want every matchup to be ten piles of meat throwing various hard cc effects and initiations at each other and then once exhausted very slowly punching each other to death

Bholder
Feb 26, 2013

Nerfing Vayne is always justifiable.

Demiurge4
Aug 10, 2011

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C6OJZ7FLKew

flyingkiwi
Jun 1, 2012

Wowzers!
I just want them to nerf Vayne's invisibility, I'm fine with the dashes, cc and extreme amount of damage. I just need to be able to see her better so I can kill her.

Aumanor
Nov 9, 2012

Barudak posted:

I want every matchup to be ten piles of meat throwing various hard cc effects and initiations at each other and then once exhausted very slowly punching each other to death

To be honest I find that absolutely preferable to the world turning grayscale 0.00005 seconds into a teamfight because I stepped 0.001 teemos in the wrong direction.

Teikanmi
Dec 16, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Invisibility is just so strong this patch. Twitch, Vayne, Rengar, Kha'Zix, whatever.

LegalPad
Oct 23, 2013

I think it's silly that some champions have "hard to visually track in a fight" basically built into their kit.

Granted I am a feeble old man.

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011

RealFoxy posted:

I'd rather tankbusting be a itemization specialization choice then a "you lost at champion select" choice, personally.

Orv
May 4, 2011

LegalPad posted:

I think it's silly that some champions have "hard to visually track in a fight" basically built into their kit.

Granted I am a feeble old man.

I would agree that one of the hardest MOBA skills to learn probably shouldn't have a way to just be turned off during team fights, but I don't really know what the safe middle ground between All Get hosed and No Invisibility In This Area wards is.

In other news, Nunu support, still hilarious.

fishception
Feb 20, 2011

~carrier has arrived~
Oven Wrangler
has anyone tried udyr with colossus yet

Orv
May 4, 2011

Sperglord Firecock posted:

has anyone tried udyr with colossus yet

It's gross.

Servaetes
Sep 10, 2003

False enemy or true friend?
They already have said Vayne is going to be hit in the coming patch. Twitch so far they said doesn't seem as bad.

Guaranteed nerf on Colossus though, no way that poo poo gets out in its present form or you'll see blanket nerfs to a lot of hard CC champs. Given the latter is way too much work, probably the first thing.

Cis Lord
Nov 14, 2016
Holy poo poo. Someone make one of these for Nautilus.

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy

Servaetes posted:

They already have said Vayne is going to be hit in the coming patch. Twitch so far they said doesn't seem as bad.

Guaranteed nerf on Colossus though, no way that poo poo gets out in its present form or you'll see blanket nerfs to a lot of hard CC champs. Given the latter is way too much work, probably the first thing.

Serv in your old age you are forgetting the tried and true balance tactic of nerf champions that benefit from something, then shitcan the actual cause of their power later

im old rick bitch
Oct 19, 2004

How does it feel?
not nerfing Twitch is great, as it encourages adcs to learn the most important skill for the role, how to trade 1 for 1 for the enemy support directly before every objective fight

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I'M A BIG STUPID IDIOT WHO GETS TRIGGERED FROM THE WORDS SPORTS BALL AND HAS SHIT OPINIONS ABOUT CARD GAMES. ALSO I SAID I WAS GOING TO QUIT HEARTHSTONE OUT OF SPITE OF A TAIWANESE WINNING THE CHAMPIONSHIP SO REPORT ME IF YOU SEE ME POST IN A HS THREAD

Servaetes posted:

how about they blanket nerf hard cc champs and then also nerf colossus two patches later. Source: everything theyve done for the last two and a half years.

Orv
May 4, 2011
I hadn't actually run into a Vayne yet this patch, just nearly lost a game to a terrible one because they got farmed enough to just obliterate everyone in two shots. Not pleasant.

fishception
Feb 20, 2011

~carrier has arrived~
Oven Wrangler

Work Friend Keven posted:

how about they blanket nerf hard cc champs and then also nerf colossus two patches later. Source: everything theyve done for the last two and a half years.

no, first, before nerfing hard cc, theyre going to give it a stupid name like mobility denial tools and then develop a multipage research paper on it linking it to toxicity, before removing it entirely from the game, before putting it back in with everything changed so that even though it isnt perceptibly worse it still feels egh so no one will play those champs until someone in korea notices that the changes they put in on some obscure champion were passed over

stump collector
May 28, 2007
riot has historically thought their preseason changes are always good and fine and also incorrectly attribute that the champs taking advantage of their changes are too strong, therefore you have champs ruined for years at a time

keven knows all

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Action George
Apr 13, 2013

stump collector posted:

riot has historically thought their preseason changes are always good and fine and also incorrectly attribute that the champs taking advantage of their changes are too strong, therefore you have champs ruined for years at a time

keven knows all

I'm still amazed that we haven't seen Warwick mysteriously become op with the introduction of a new on hit jungle item. I expect they'll patch in a plant that provides a true damage on hit buff to rectify this.

• Locked thread