Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Better
This poll is closed.
John Zandig 107 75.35%
DJ Hyde 35 24.65%
Total: 142 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Durk Hendrunkqs
Dec 12, 2006

It's useless.
Yeah didn't watch CZW tonight so I don't know how in rough shape he is after the deathmatch tonight.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Uncle Kitchener
Nov 18, 2009

BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
Is WCPW any good?

Also, is Joey Styles completely out of the picture or does he still do commentary for other promotions?

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
ICW is doing a show in the Glasgow Hydro tonight.

A Maryhill indy wrestling fed has become Britain's biggest wrestling promotion and is now doing it's biggest show and will be On Demand!

ICW World Heavyweight Championship Steel Cage Match
Wolfgang (c) Vs Trent Seven

For 100% Control of ICW
Team Dallas (Chris Renfrew & Grado & Sha Samuels & DCT) Vs Team Black Label (Jack Jester & Kid Fite & Drew Galloway & Bram)

gently caress yer Coffey we want tiny cowboy hats
Kurt Angle Vs Joe Coffey

ICW Tag Team Championship Match
Polo Promotions Vs Team 3D

ICW Women's Championship Match
Carmel (c) Vs Kay Lee Ray Vs Viper

ICW Zero G Championship Stairway To Heaven Match
Lionheart Vs Zack Gibson Vs Andy Wild Vs Liam Thomson Vs ???? Vs ????

International Flips Vs Locally sourced, fair trade flips
Ricochet Vs Lewis Girvan

Casket Match
BT Gunn Vs Stevie Boy

Commissioner Mick Foley will be appear via satellite

WWE Superstar Finn Balor will return to ICW in person as Mick Foley's special guest enforcer

It'll probably be a fun show with lots of good matches, stupid spots, angry Scottish swearing, blood and laughs. Watch it and the entire ICW back catalogue for only $6.99 or 100 of the Queen's post Brexit Pounds

https://icwondemand.pivotshare.com/

The show should start some time after 18:00 so that's any time after 13:00 EST. Come watch indy wrestling on a big stage!

Red is Dead
Apr 28, 2008

The great and devious UltraMantis Black hides from no man, woman, beast, or unearthly spirit.
Are they still in a fisher price "my first wrestling ring"?

hyper from Pixie Sticks
Sep 28, 2004

Nah, upgraded a while back. Standard indy ring these days.

Extreme0
Feb 28, 2013

I dance to the sweet tune of your failure so I'm never gonna stop fucking with you.

Continue to get confused and frustrated with me as I dance to your anger.

As I expect nothing more from ya you stupid runt!

thank gently caress there are seats this time.

Speaking of. How many tickets have been sold?

hyper from Pixie Sticks
Sep 28, 2004

Extreme0 posted:

thank gently caress there are seats this time.

Speaking of. How many tickets have been sold?

About 6-7000, last I'd heard. No idea how accurate that is though.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
https://twitter.com/JANELABABY/status/800403989548371969

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

El Estrago Bonito posted:

In that case the answer is any Indie guy who worked for a cup of coffee in WCW or who did like two matches on Velocity in the early 00s. I cant remember how many indie shows I saw back then listing people as "former WCW/WWF wrestlers!" and it ended up being a dude who jobbed to 2 Sexay on an episode of Heat before a PPV.

Did they introduce him like that because that's a pretty obscure thing to remember.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

TV Zombie posted:

Did they introduce him like that because that's a pretty obscure thing to remember.

It's probably more like "You've seen him on Sunday Night Heat, it's Dino Dickright!"

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

if nick gage isn't at COD im gonna riot

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

4FW in the UK joined Powerbomb.TV (back catalog archives plus live stuff, including up to 100 events happening next year). C4 in Canada in talks

Also confirmed access for PC, Roku, Apple TV, Chromecast, and mobile

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
C4's a good pickup. Glad to hear about Roku being a platform, also.

El Gallinero Gros fucked around with this message at 20:48 on Nov 20, 2016

Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

Durk Hendrunkqs posted:

Yeah CZW was dire in from 2006 till midway through 2009 when Deej was basically shadow booking until owning it.

Is there really non-dire CZW? Come on.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
I can't believe ICW managed to snag ROH legend Error 404 Page not found.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

dont even fink about it posted:

They're really a pretty okay indy. They've had some pretty memorable world title reigns (Drake Younger, Chris Hero, Jon Moxley, Drew Gulak). Their school is responsible for training Adam Cole (Bay Bay). They helped break Kevin Steen, El Generico, and the SSB's into the U.S.

They're also one of the only groups smart enough to push Jon Gresham at the moment.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
Just got the email for the annual PWG 5 for $40 deal. What's the 5 best PWG DVDs from the last year?

Durk Hendrunkqs
Dec 12, 2006

It's useless.

dont even fink about it posted:

Yup. 2001-2006, 2009 till current day. Time to put down the assuming glasses.

Anyways tonight's Beyond Wrestling show was very good overall. Riddle vs Tremont was pretty much what you'd expect between those two. Post match Tremont said he's bringing the barbed wire.

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.

RealFoxy posted:

Just got the email for the annual PWG 5 for $40 deal. What's the 5 best PWG DVDs from the last year?

I recommend waiting until BOLA is added later on in the sale period and then getting all three nights, Thirteen, and Bowie. If we're including stuff from the end of 2015, All-Star Weekend 11 is worth getting too. Night 1 isn't great as a standalone show, but Night 2 is amazing and even better if you have the context from the first night.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

Grozz Nuy posted:

I recommend waiting until BOLA is added later on in the sale period and then getting all three nights, Thirteen, and Bowie. If we're including stuff from the end of 2015, All-Star Weekend 11 is worth getting too. Night 1 isn't great as a standalone show, but Night 2 is amazing and even better if you have the context from the first night.

I said it when I was there. But ASW 11 night 2 is one of the best booked and paced wrestling shows I have ever seen. It has every type of wrestling a fan could want and every match is placed exactly where they should be.

Kaveman
Jul 25, 2009

NEVER!!!

uncleKitchener posted:

Is WCPW any good?

I've never watched their youtube stuff but I've been to a few of their live shows in Newcastle (and going to the next one to see BROKEN matt hardy) and have enjoyed every show.

They always have a good selection of high tier British indie lads and then one or two money mark gets. Seeing Minoru Suzuki live in Newcastle was amazing.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

House of Hardcore added to FloSlam

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Chris James 2 posted:

House of Hardcore added to FloSlam

Nice. Tommy books some pretty big names and some good talent.

Durk Hendrunkqs
Dec 12, 2006

It's useless.
https://twitter.com/glorypro2017/status/800694765993873408

This is Elgin's new promotion he's starting.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

heres the scoop on GLORY PRO

https://twitter.com/glorypro2017/status/800232638342692864
https://twitter.com/glorypro2017/status/800119141466251264

alton is basically st louis fwiw. taking over for STL Anarchy which just closed i guess. he's trying to book strong BJ for 2017

announced ethan page and tyson dux for that first date and another name tonight during raw i guess

https://twitter.com/MichaelElgin25/status/798020458578722816

apparently 8 of the 9 aaw lasalle dates are on facebook but it's broken so I can't look at them. that would make 19 shows for the year. expect we get another windy city classic match announced tonight

https://twitter.com/aawdannydaniels/status/800160400604065792

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

Michael Elgin is a good dude I hope this takes off and he doesn't fall into a money pit with this. He's always been about putting a spotlight on guys he's a fan of sometimes even at his own expense so I hope this can at minimum break even. St Louis is a good town. The midwest will continue to rise as the premiere territory in the US

oatgan fucked around with this message at 00:52 on Nov 22, 2016

Durk Hendrunkqs
Dec 12, 2006

It's useless.
Gabe is taking full booking duties of FIP now.

WWN posted:

Ybor City, FL- Gabe Sapolsky, WWN VP Of Talent Relations & Head Of Creative, will take over booking duties of Full Impact Pro Wrestling effective immediately. FIP "Everything Burns 2016" on January 8th at The Orpheum in Ybor City, FL will be the start of a new era. All FIP events will be exclusively live streamed at FloSlam.tv.

"Our partnership with FloSlam has already raised the profile of FIP," WWN President Sal Hamaoui said. "We are now looking to deliver an exciting, dynamic and unique type of brand to the FloSlam audience every month. FIP is going to go a long way in giving the fans the most value for their dollar with FloSlam."

Sapolsky will take FIP in a completely different direction than the other brands in The WWN Family. FIP will have its own identity complete with exclusive talent and storylines.

"FIP is going to be the Wild West," Sapolsky said. "When people think of me now, they think of EVOLVE. This is not going to EVOLVE 2.0 at all. It's going to add something totally new to The WWN Family."

The FIP talent roster will undergo changes. There will be several returning FIP favorites and lots of new debuts. Already set for January 8th are:

-FIP World Heavyweight Champion Fred Yehi
-FIP Florida Heritage Champion Martin Stone
-AR Fox
-Sami Callihan
-Shane Strickland
-Dezmond Xavier
-Jon Davis
-Dave Crist
-Darby Allin
-Sammy Guevara
-Jason Cade
-Austin Theory
-Anthony Heny
-Plus more will be added!!!

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

really excited for a slightly more respectable but still sleazy florida indie

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
I've seen the name Anthony Henry a lot lately, I assume he's pretty good?

El Gallinero Gros fucked around with this message at 02:40 on Nov 22, 2016

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

He's pretty good right now and in a couple of years he'll be really good

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

https://twitter.com/AAWPro/status/800866620671279105

:eyepop:

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

oops they hid that one as a reply for two hours good eye oat

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

Super No Vacancy posted:

oops they hid that one as a reply for two hours good eye oat

ach was kind enough to signal boost

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

The AAW Show is Saturday??? I thought it was Friday!

(No worries on my end, I'm free. Just glad I realized that before I went out there on the wrong day.)

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008

Durk Hendrunkqs posted:

Yup. 2001-2006, 2009 till current day. Time to put down the assuming glasses.

Anyways tonight's Beyond Wrestling show was very good overall. Riddle vs Tremont was pretty much what you'd expect between those two. Post match Tremont said he's bringing the barbed wire.

03-04 CZW was this fun mix of guys not quite on ROH's radar (KOW, Supa D, Roddy, etc) and their homegrown deathmatch guys who weren't completely broken down yet (Gage, Pain, Havoc). It was like a higher budget IWA-MS.

So of course LORD ZANDIG screws it all up.

Durk Hendrunkqs
Dec 12, 2006

It's useless.

C. Everett Koop posted:

03-04 CZW was this fun mix of guys not quite on ROH's radar (KOW, Supa D, Roddy, etc) and their homegrown deathmatch guys who weren't completely broken down yet (Gage, Pain, Havoc). It was like a higher budget IWA-MS.

So of course LORD ZANDIG screws it all up.

Mike Burns had the books for a while until 2005 when Zandig shoved him down the stairs at Cage of Death 7 backstage (for putting together a CZW vs ROH feud for 2006). Then when Zandig wanted to "bring it back to 99," it lead to bad booking and low attendance after doing shows with 600+ for regular shows and 800+ for the bigger shows.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

https://www.pastemagazine.com/articles/2016/11/keeping-pro-wrestling-weird-on-the-indies.html

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Jesus! Jesus Christ! Say his name! Jesus! Jesus! Come down now!

Durk Hendrunkqs posted:

Mike Burns had the books for a while until 2005 when Zandig shoved him down the stairs at Cage of Death 7 backstage (for putting together a CZW vs ROH feud for 2006). Then when Zandig wanted to "bring it back to 99," it lead to bad booking and low attendance after doing shows with 600+ for regular shows and 800+ for the bigger shows.
I can see why he's a legend. Smarks love a carnie

Mob
May 7, 2002

Me reading your posts

El Gallinero Gros posted:

I've seen the name Anthony Henry a lot lately, I assume he's pretty good?

He was the breakout star of the Scenic City Invitational a couple months ago. **** opening round match with Lio Rush and a great performance in the Fatal 4-Way finals with Rave/Hero/Riddle

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Durk Hendrunkqs
Dec 12, 2006

It's useless.
Just finished night 2 of the X-16 tournament. It's definitely worth your time checking out. I didn't think much of Ethan Case from his one match at Beyond Wrestling last year but I'm now a fan. Anthony Henry owns and should get more bookings. Colby Corino I wasn't expecting to be as good as he is based on what I've seen in ROH. Clearly I need to watch more of PWX's back catalog.