Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Wild EEPROM
Jul 29, 2011

oh, my, god. Becky, look at her bitrate.

Soopafly posted:

Love both of these.

I'm into this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VelociBacon
Dec 8, 2009

Sculpture by Bernar Venet, in English Bay, Vancouver. It looks like he's actually done installations of a similar style all over the world.

Vancouver (1 of 1) by Trevor Zuliani, on Flickr

alkanphel
Mar 24, 2004

Cacator
Aug 6, 2005

You're quite good at turning me on.

Crystal Readings by Cacator, on Flickr

RangerScum
Apr 6, 2006

lol hey there buddy
Saas-Balen by Tom Olson, on Flickr

eggsovereasy
May 6, 2011

elgarbo
Mar 26, 2013

Breadnought
Aug 25, 2009

RangerScum
Apr 6, 2006

lol hey there buddy
Saas-Balen by Tom Olson, on Flickr

thetzar
Apr 22, 2001
Fallen Rib

Is this the one on Atlantic?

Suicide Watch
Sep 8, 2009

Hey, it was a bit dark so I brightened up your image a bit

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Nice feeling of van gogh there, suicide watch.

Erostratus
Jun 18, 2011

by R. Guyovich
Triangles by Kyle Sonnenberg, on Flickr

Goodies by Kyle Sonnenberg, on Flickr

Wafflecopper
Nov 27, 2004

I am a mouth, and I must scream

Suicide Watch posted:

Pre-emptive congrats on getting flickr explored

SMERSH Mouth
Jun 25, 2005

So smooth. I get close to it sometimes with PANF+ on 6x7. It's a nice look.

RangerScum
Apr 6, 2006

lol hey there buddy

Suicide Watch posted:

I'm really glad I decided against pasting in a picture of my penis into the shadows on this one. I usually do that somewhere with my dark photos. Y'all been looking at pictures of my dick for years now.

a cyberpunk goose
May 21, 2007

untitled by Max Piepenbrink, on Flickr

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

RangerScum posted:

I'm really glad I decided against pasting in a picture of my penis into the shadows on this one. I usually do that somewhere with my dark photos. Y'all been looking at pictures of my dick for years now.

Photoshop can only zoom in so far.

alkanphel
Mar 24, 2004

RangerScum
Apr 6, 2006

lol hey there buddy

Bloody Hedgehog posted:

Photoshop can only zoom in so far.

You got me there.

Venezia by Tom Olson, on Flickr

single-mode fiber
Dec 30, 2012

thetzar
Apr 22, 2001
Fallen Rib

Neat.

RangerScum posted:

You got me there.

OK, so time to ask a question about a photo phenomenon I know little about : How do you avoid the light sources flaring/glowing/starring on these? Is it just a matter of the quality and cleanliness of the lens?

RangerScum
Apr 6, 2006

lol hey there buddy

thetzar posted:

Neat.

OK, so time to ask a question about a photo phenomenon I know little about : How do you avoid the light sources flaring/glowing/starring on these? Is it just a matter of the quality and cleanliness of the lens?

I didn't do anything special for this, it just worked out that way. If you zoom in and look real close you can see tiny star patterns around them. My guess is that they're semi-directional LED bulbs and because of the angle that I'm shooting them they turned out this way. Maybe someone else can give a better explanation.

eggsovereasy
May 6, 2011

SMERSH Mouth posted:

So smooth. I get close to it sometimes with PANF+ on 6x7. It's a nice look.

Thanks, It's FP4, rodinal and a red filter.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

The prominence of aperture blade flares is related to the exposure length.. since you take relatively short exposures trying not to blow out the light sources, you won't get much in the way of flares.

As you said, they still show up, they're just much fainter than those long exposures most people take at night where every lamp looks like a supernova.

RangerScum
Apr 6, 2006

lol hey there buddy

xzzy posted:

The prominence of aperture blade flares is related to the exposure length.. since you take relatively short exposures trying not to blow out the light sources, you won't get much in the way of flares.

As you said, they still show up, they're just much fainter than those long exposures most people take at night where every lamp looks like a supernova.

I think exposure length can exacerbate the issue, but I think ultimately it comes down to the angle of the light plus some potentially added diffusion. I can't remember what the street lights were like but the white parts on them are probably some translucent glass or plastic providing diffusion. Here are some links to shots with half the exposure time of the aforementioned photo but have way more flaring:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/myotomy/28330099054/
https://www.flickr.com/photos/myotomy/27448530205/
https://www.flickr.com/photos/myotomy/16421121073/

Also to note it could be due to the light's intensity. The lights in Venice are not really bright, it's a pretty dark city at night.

a cyberpunk goose
May 21, 2007

driver by Max Piepenbrink, on Flickr

iSheep
Feb 5, 2006

by R. Guyovich

HookShot
Dec 26, 2005

RangerScum posted:

You got me there.

This is the best one in the series by far, and they've all been good.

eggsovereasy
May 6, 2011

I like this a lot.

elgarbo
Mar 26, 2013

Woolooware Bay by Michael Garbutt, on Flickr

Wafflecopper
Nov 27, 2004

I am a mouth, and I must scream

wow

ape
Jul 20, 2009

Sweet

ape fucked around with this message at 16:49 on Nov 23, 2016

InternetJunky
May 25, 2002

This one is great. Do you have any showing the police chasing you down for creeping in the night around people's houses?

Love it

Incredible!

a cyberpunk goose
May 21, 2007

good god

RangerScum
Apr 6, 2006

lol hey there buddy

InternetJunky posted:

This one is great. Do you have any showing the police chasing you down for creeping in the night around people's houses?

:mrgw:

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Let me know when you're back in Chicago so I can tape tin foil over all my windows.

erephus
May 24, 2012
\o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/
\o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/

Dimma by Anders Öquist, on Flickr

8th-snype
Aug 28, 2005

My office is in the front room of a run-down 12 megapixel sensor but the rent suits me and the landlord doesn't ask many questions.

Dorkroom Short Fiction Champion 2012

Young Orc

This owns

RangerScum posted:

well that explains this erection

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

InternetJunky
May 25, 2002