Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dr. Venture
Sep 26, 2011
Rank 23 with 7,556 points. Tournament ends in 45 minutes and I'm all out of points. Honestly, it was probably a mistake for me to push this hard since I doubt I'm going to be able to hold it.

I found the trick was to keep refreshing until I found the people I knew I could beat. After some time passed I'd eventually see them again for more free points. I only fought Wiggs a handful of times when I knew I could win with minimal loses (mod check).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vulpes
Nov 13, 2002

Well, shit.

Malgrin posted:

Now that I'm almost level 85 (~2k xp to go), I'm just going to save up Crystals so I can buy Shore shipments -- if he's in shipments (I think he is?).

I haven't seen him in shipments. Might just be unlucky though.

These tournaments are already starting to snowball. People who got Shoretrooper have a much easier time getting Chirrut, and in turn will have a much easier time getting the next tournament character and so forth. Hopefully they intend to run these often enough that even people who are only getting 10-20 shards per time will eventually unlock the characters. Otherwise it's going to unbalance the game towards whales even more than it is already.

Dr. Venture
Sep 26, 2011

Vulpes posted:

Hopefully they intend to run these often enough that even people who are only getting 10-20 shards per time will eventually unlock the characters.

I was really hoping this would be the case, but it doesn't look like they're interested in that route. They'll probably run this guy in one more tournament and then rotate in someone new again.

Davethulhu
Aug 12, 2003

Morbid Hound
Unfortunately he's not in shipments, chromium only. Baze is in shipments and has a similar "start the round with taunt" effect (and a lot of other great abilities).

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010

Davethulhu posted:

Unfortunately he's not in shipments, chromium only. Baze is in shipments and has a similar "start the round with taunt" effect (and a lot of other great abilities).

Ugh, but I already have Shoretrooper to 45/50. I'm tempted to save up for some 8-packs (not spending $$ though).

e: If Chirrut is good enough (and I hear he is great), I might start farming Baze in shipments, but because there are so many P2W champs I don't have, it might be better value to just buy chromiums. Can still get Sun Fac, Rex, B2, and other heroes I don't have from there.
Also, TFP is amazing, and so is Shoretrooper. Seems like it's a combo worth pursuing, especially since I have EP and RG.

Malgrin fucked around with this message at 03:29 on Nov 21, 2016

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer
B2 is in Cantina battles, bro. hth

Dr. Venture
Sep 26, 2011
I channeled my inner-F2P and booted a TeamSkunk whale out of the top 25. Rank 24 :swoon:

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010

Chilichimp posted:

B2 is in Cantina battles, bro. hth

I know, but I'm going to be working on TFP for the next month, so a full unlock of B2 would be great.

Dr. Venture posted:

I channeled my inner-F2P and booted a TeamSkunk whale out of the top 25. Rank 24 :swoon:

Sick! I finished at 48. Spent about 300k AP, what about you?

Dr. Venture
Sep 26, 2011

Malgrin posted:

Sick! I finished at 48. Spent about 300k AP, what about you?

Unfortunately I did not keep track :smith: I assume a bit more than you.

oops wrong forum
May 21, 2002

heh, you think you can withstand the power of my solarbeam?

Malgrin posted:

Ugh, but I already have Shoretrooper to 45/50. I'm tempted to save up for some 8-packs (not spending $$ though).

e: If Chirrut is good enough (and I hear he is great), I might start farming Baze in shipments, but because there are so many P2W champs I don't have, it might be better value to just buy chromiums.

Listen to yourself Mal, you know better. But at least if you do this record it so we can all :negative: in real-time when you open shards of CUP, Veers and full unlock of Tusken Shaman!

On the same note I've noticed we haven't had an Aurodium pack in a long time, did they realize that the $150-$200 to 7* the new guy wasn't getting them enough money?

MichiganCubbie
Dec 11, 2008

I love that I have an erection...

...that doesn't involve homeless people.

Who should I be working on right now in general? I have:

Raid: EE, Rey, Luke, Jawa Engie done
Currently working on Dengar, Snowtrooper

Arena: Jawa Scav, Ahsoka, Fives, QGJ done
Currently working on Poe

GW: Lumi, Teebo, Biggs, Datcha, Poggle, IG86, Res Pilot, Phasma done
Not really working on anyone

Squad: Nebit, Leia, IG88, ST Han done
Currently working on Ackbar

As an aside, my phone died, so I've been playing on MEmu but I'm not getting nearly as much time in as before, sorry QuiGoons!

Dr. Venture
Sep 26, 2011

MichiganCubbie posted:

Who should I be working on right now in general?

Rebel team and droid team. They are incredible for the new raid. Rebels: Wedge, Biggs, Lando, Ackbar, Leia. Droids: 47, 88, 86, Nebit, Engineer. Congrats, now you're amazing at the tank raid.

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010

Dr. Venture posted:

Rebel team and droid team. They are incredible for the new raid. Rebels: Wedge, Biggs, Lando, Ackbar, Leia. Droids: 47, 88, 86, Nebit, Engineer. Congrats, now you're amazing at the tank raid.

Don't forget Chirpa, Palpa...oh poo poo nvm. Work on rebels.

iGestalt
Mar 4, 2013

Finally getting a Wiggs setup going. Biggs is 6-star, Wedge is 5-star. Once I get Wedge to 7-star, I'm thinking of focusing on Tie Fighter Pilot and Poe from Cantina - once Biggs is done, I've got everybody worthwhile from the GW. Maybe Resistance Pilot from there?

MichiganCubbie
Dec 11, 2008

Dr. Venture posted:

Malgrin posted:

Don't forget Chirpa, Palpa...oh poo poo nvm. Work on rebels.

Cool, I'm most of the way! I need Wedge and HK47, and I have a seven star Chirpa already along with all other ewoks. Thanks!

MichiganCubbie fucked around with this message at 14:17 on Nov 21, 2016

iGestalt
Mar 4, 2013

I miss the bugged final GW node. It's been impossible parties for a while now :(

Today was: Anakin, Sun Fac, Ayala, Fives and RG. All 7 Star with highest gear level and mods. Impossible.

Boozie
Feb 2, 2013
I managed 9th (I'm only level 66) for about ~110k ally points. Using my 5k GW credits would not have boosted me into 3rd for a 5 star so I kept them. So now I have him at 3 stars, but I'm not even sure I should/can do anything with him. Here's what I have so far:

STH
Lando
QGJ
RG (4 star)
Rey (5 star)
Biggs (5 star but climbing fast)
Lumi (7 star)
Shoretrooper (4 star and unleveled for now)
Chirrut (3 star and unleveled)

Currently just using the first 5 for Arena, sometimes I swap in Lumi for Rey. Should I keep ignoring Shoretrooper/Chirrut for now?

Also who should get my best speed mods? Is there a specific turn order I should shoot for? Do I want STH to go after my other guys for the turn meter or is it important to make sure my STH goes before their team? I've been using STH lead but that lets a lot of other teams go first.

Boozie fucked around with this message at 16:49 on Nov 21, 2016

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010

iGestalt posted:

I miss the bugged final GW node. It's been impossible parties for a while now :(

Today was: Anakin, Sun Fac, Ayala, Fives and RG. All 7 Star with highest gear level and mods. Impossible.

I've still got it going on...try to up your top power level and run that once in Arena (doesn't even have to be a good comp).

MichiganCubbie posted:

Cool, I'm most of the way! I need Wedge and HK47, and I have a seven star Chirpa already along with all other ewoks. Thanks!

Nice! Wedge is a game changer for Arena.

iGestalt posted:

Finally getting a Wiggs setup going. Biggs is 6-star, Wedge is 5-star. Once I get Wedge to 7-star, I'm thinking of focusing on Tie Fighter Pilot and Poe from Cantina - once Biggs is done, I've got everybody worthwhile from the GW. Maybe Resistance Pilot from there?

Resistance Pilot is worth it if only to unlock Speed mods. Those are pretty important in Arena :(

iGestalt
Mar 4, 2013

Malgrin posted:

I've still got it going on...try to up your top power level and run that once in Arena (doesn't even have to be a good comp).

Nice! Wedge is a game changer for Arena.

Resistance Pilot is worth it if only to unlock Speed mods. Those are pretty important in Arena :(

Ah, right. Speed mods. I think I'll start farming those once I have Wedge at 7-Star. At least to get a decent stock.

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010

e:

iGestalt posted:

Ah, right. Speed mods. I think I'll start farming those once I have Wedge at 7-Star. At least to get a decent stock.

Yeah, it sucks, so I'd recommend starting RT and Finn now from hard missions. RT you can at least pick up some from the guild shop, but Finn you're going to mostly get from Cantina, so any shards you can save is pretty nice.

iGestalt
Mar 4, 2013

Malgrin posted:

Yeah, it sucks, so I'd recommend starting RT and Finn now from hard missions. RT you can at least pick up some from the guild shop, but Finn you're going to mostly get from Cantina, so any shards you can save is pretty nice.

Yeah. Finn, Poe, Rey, Resistance Trooper and Resistance Pilot are the only Resistance characters, right? Until we get the next movie, anyway.

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010

iGestalt posted:

Yeah. Finn, Poe, Rey, Resistance Trooper and Resistance Pilot are the only Resistance characters, right? Until we get the next movie, anyway.

Yup. I've been thinking they'd release another couple more of those, FO, and Jawas at some point so you didn't need an exact 5 to do those challenges, but here we are....

At least you only need most of them to 5* with 1-2 7*s to carry it.

iGestalt
Mar 4, 2013

Malgrin posted:

Yup. I've been thinking they'd release another couple more of those, FO, and Jawas at some point so you didn't need an exact 5 to do those challenges, but here we are....

At least you only need most of them to 5* with 1-2 7*s to carry it.

Yeah - that's something. Rey has been fully geared for ages, so that's one down. I've got Trooper and Pilot unlocked and at 5* and 3* respectively. Problem is leveling them to 80~. Maybe with the rewards from Ships being added, I can push some credits towards them.

If nothing else, Ships may give us another route to earn Shards for some obnoxious characters that isn't Cantina. I really hope that's the outcome, anyway.

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010

iGestalt posted:

Yeah - that's something. Rey has been fully geared for ages, so that's one down. I've got Trooper and Pilot unlocked and at 5* and 3* respectively. Problem is leveling them to 80~. Maybe with the rewards from Ships being added, I can push some credits towards them.

If nothing else, Ships may give us another route to earn Shards for some obnoxious characters that isn't Cantina. I really hope that's the outcome, anyway.

How's Poe? I think I had RT and Finn at about level 60-70, 5*, Rey and Poe were 7* 80, and RP was 7* 70-75. With good mods, Rey and Poe can carry thing whole thing though, just need a little bit of RNG for the others to survive. RP was also G8, cause I used her back when she was half decent. RT and Finn I just kinda did the minimal for -- and don't forget that health % primaries are better than Prot when you don't have G7.

iGestalt
Mar 4, 2013

Malgrin posted:

How's Poe? I think I had RT and Finn at about level 60-70, 5*, Rey and Poe were 7* 80, and RP was 7* 70-75. With good mods, Rey and Poe can carry thing whole thing though, just need a little bit of RNG for the others to survive. RP was also G8, cause I used her back when she was half decent. RT and Finn I just kinda did the minimal for -- and don't forget that health % primaries are better than Prot when you don't have G7.

Not even unlocked Poe yet - 37/50 atm. Once I have him, and we know how Ships'll pan out, I think I'll invest in leveling them some.

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010

iGestalt posted:

Not even unlocked Poe yet - 37/50 atm. Once I have him, and we know how Ships'll pan out, I think I'll invest in leveling them some.

I frequently get annoyed that Poe isn't STH, because he really, really wants to be, but with Ships he could be more worth it. He's still my third tank in P3 Chirpatine though, and I used him some for the tournament. He'd be a lot better if I took him to G11, but he's just not as tanky as other tanks.

Also, figured I'd remind people
"We’re planning on rolling out the update across November 22nd and 23rd. Some players will be able to manually update their game client on November 22nd, but everyone will be required to update to the latest game version on the 23rd. Please note that it may take up to 24 hours before the update is available in your region."

Save today's and tomorrow's GW until after the update, if you can.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Boozie posted:

I managed 9th (I'm only level 66) for about ~110k ally points. Using my 5k GW credits would not have boosted me into 3rd for a 5 star so I kept them. So now I have him at 3 stars, but I'm not even sure I should/can do anything with him. Here's what I have so far:

STH
Lando
QGJ
RG (4 star)
Rey (5 star)
Biggs (5 star but climbing fast)
Lumi (7 star)
Chirrut (3 star and unleveled)

Currently just using the first 5 for Arena, sometimes I swap in Lumi for Rey. Should I keep ignoring Shoretrooper/Chirrut for now?

Also who should get my best speed mods? Is there a specific turn order I should shoot for? Do I want STH to go after my other guys for the turn meter or is it important to make sure my STH goes before their team? I've been using STH lead but that lets a lot of other teams go first.

Do you HAVE a shoretrooper? If so, level and gear him, it doesn't matter what amount of stars.

Chirrut is a good character, but without Baze in the squad he's kind of undewhelming imo.

Mr. Neutron
Sep 15, 2012

~I'M THE BEST~

Way ahead of you !

Just need to save up enough crystals now to buy the last new raid piece from shipments before I get to 85.

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010

Mr. Neutron posted:

Way ahead of you !

Just need to save up enough crystals now to buy the last new raid piece from shipments before I get to 85.

Yeah, I'm working on the stun cuff grind. The rest of the stuff is pretty easy, I have enough raid stuff, just need the other things for him (ugh 40 MK3 callers).

Boozie
Feb 2, 2013

Chilichimp posted:

Do you HAVE a shoretrooper? If so, level and gear him, it doesn't matter what amount of stars.

Chirrut is a good character, but without Baze in the squad he's kind of undewhelming imo.

Yes, I have a 4 star shoretrooper unleveled. Can I work him into my Arena mix with the characters listed? I need comp advice.

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010

Boozie posted:

STH
Lando
QGJ
RG (4 star)

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

that's fine, eventually you'll work one of those other tanks out in favor of a dmg or EP.

Level and gear him, you lucky fucker. Do it yesterday.

Boozie
Feb 2, 2013
Lol I asked in this thread when I got him and the advice was to wait on him for now because gear gets spread thin early on. I got ousted from 3rd place (5 star) in like the last 5 minutes by a whale (now my nemesis) who is in my normal arena shard.

Do I run STH lead with that setup? In terms of speed, who should I focus my speed mods on first? Lando > STH > QGJ > Shore > RG? Not sure when I actually want my STH to go.

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010

Boozie posted:

Lol I asked in this thread when I got him and the advice was to wait on him for now because gear gets spread thin early on. I got ousted from 3rd place (5 star) in like the last 5 minutes by a whale (now my nemesis) who is in my normal arena shard.

Do I run STH lead with that setup? In terms of speed, who should I focus my speed mods on first? Lando > STH > QGJ > Shore > RG? Not sure when I actually want my STH to go.

That was probably before we realized how absurdly good he is. Also, what makes him good at low stars is high gear, so get him to G9/10.

Yeah, with Shore, STH, and RG, you can probably give Lando your fastest mods, but also make sure he has crit damage triangle. Crit damage set would also be really good. Normally, Fast STH is important, but with Shore lead, it's not quite as big of a deal. He still gets your other guys going sooner, so that's good.

MichiganCubbie
Dec 11, 2008

They really need to release Wicket. I want my full ewok team!

iGestalt
Mar 4, 2013

Video of the ships tutorial and rewards: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=phAzM00UPko

Looks pretty cool, honestly? Decent tutorial rewards, but it's gonna be a hell of a grind.

two_step
Sep 2, 2011

iGestalt posted:

Video of the ships tutorial and rewards: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=phAzM00UPko

Looks pretty cool, honestly? Decent tutorial rewards, but it's gonna be a hell of a grind.

There are actually a bunch of ships videos out today:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h5GTUd3blAs

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B1wy54VT5jA
(shows the ship store, which has ship blueprints, shards for a bunch of characters including Cody, Bistan, Maul, Wedge, plus raid gear from the new and old raid)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tliDoSPo0WY
(not a ship video, but the guys should be posting one to his channel soon)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1cEp-9qOkzs
(shows that GW tokens will be able to buy ship blueprints)

two_step fucked around with this message at 21:06 on Nov 21, 2016

iGestalt
Mar 4, 2013

Oh! I only saw that one. Nice! When does this stuff drop - tomorrow?

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010

iGestalt posted:

Oh! I only saw that one. Nice! When does this stuff drop - tomorrow?

Malgrin posted:

Also, figured I'd remind people
"We’re planning on rolling out the update across November 22nd and 23rd. Some players will be able to manually update their game client on November 22nd, but everyone will be required to update to the latest game version on the 23rd. Please note that it may take up to 24 hours before the update is available in your region."

Save today's and tomorrow's GW until after the update, if you can.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

two_step
Sep 2, 2011

two_step posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tliDoSPo0WY
(not a ship video, but the guys should be posting one to his channel soon)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nuHWx7blxX8

posted the video, watching it now.