Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
AMReese
Jan 31, 2011

I'm driving with my mind!
"Paul Ellering has been hoisted high in the cage." "Where? I can't see him." "Trust us, he's there."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

Eltoasto posted:

I missed you Jacky boy :allears:

https://twitter.com/gravenbabies/status/800021310873210880

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

I'm just saying an actual movie level stunt is different than a gimmick from 1983

NotQuiteQuentin
Jan 29, 2005

BIG OVER
College Slice
now i get to play one of my favorite dg to wwe games: how long can they stick with their dg gear until someone notes. evan bourne still has the record of wearing it on ecw but i believe in tozawa's arm sleeves.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
A year since this was taped: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pzfx87iEeS8 Thought I should mark it.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

rovert posted:

A year since this was taped: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pzfx87iEeS8 Thought I should mark it.

You thought wrong

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
She's not even on the roster anymore but you still hate Leva Bates.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

RealFoxy posted:

She's not even on the roster anymore but you still hate Leva Bates.

The match clearly WASN'T a burial.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
https://twitter.com/SoDuTw/status/800118573364613120

AMReese
Jan 31, 2011

You doing that will never not piss me off, rovert.

Cross-post from the Twitter thread:
https://twitter.com/RealKingRegal/status/800057849074356224

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

rovert posted:

The match clearly WASN'T a burial.

It should have been. Of Nia Jax.

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

:darksouls:
gonna keep this thread locked during TakeOver to avoid confusion; will be back at 10(ish)!

here's your takeover thread, if you missed it: http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3798666

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

triple h not taking his traditional photo with the champions really hosed up my op :mad:

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
:siren: Hot Takes :siren:

Tye Dillenger is in the same position Tyler Breeze was before. A gimmick that's pretty over, but has not milage as the top guy and he's going to to go to the main roster, Vince McMahon won't "Get it" and he's going to end up in a make-shift tag-team with little exposure. I think Neville is in the same spot, he's got a low ceiling since exactly one thing he does is really over and it's hard to put him in the upper mid-card or at the top. These guys are so over in NXT because they're not being over-exposed and the type of events that NXT put on really benefit the one-trick type wrestlers.

Cesaro and Sammi Zayn are the guys you should be upset aren't getting put over, they can talk, have natural charisma, have the potential to get super-over on catch-phrases or moves, and can wrestle very well. It's probably no coincidence they're both on RAW.

I really think that The Revival should have stayed in NXT just a little longer to put over TM61, I don't think that AoP or Sanity are going to be good enough to put them over so they'll end up stuck in a heat vacuum despite being pretty okay wrestlers. Having momentum in NXT before going up to the main roster has a lot more weight than it used to.

Oatgan's right about the Men's singles division right now. I think there needs to be another title akin to the TV title (Or maybe the Network Title?) to be defended during NXT TV. There's way too much filler between Takeover events in the main event scene and there's too many singles guys sitting and waiting for their spot (Like Roode is right now, and I'm assuming Itami will be if he ever makes it more than 3 consecutive weeks without being injured). Giving a secondary title for the men to fight over and be defended every week would at least give reason to feud if you're not at the top.

The women's problem has the inverse problem. They're building up the ladies Brock Lesner but there's nobody in the women's roster that's over enough to even be considered a threat. Mickie James was a great opponent that exposed Asuka as having some weakness and not just being a cocky, unbeatable champion but there's only one girl on the roster who even looks like she's got the path to taking on Asuka seriously and there's still a problem that Ember Moon doesn't really have anyone to fight either because almost none of the other NXT women are over. The women's division really needs their Tye Dillinger. You know, like Blue Pants was. If Kaori Hojo comes into the company she'd be perfect for that spot. She's a great wrestler and has an absolutely beautiful elbow drop, but her biggest strengths are her character and selling. She's currently a motorcycle-riding pirate, what's not to love?

As I've mentioned, Io Shirai and Asuka have a lot of interesting history together. Kana brought in the Shirai sisters to her faction after Kana was starting to gain momentum. Mio Shirai, the eldest sister was like a mix of Kana and Io, she had a more MMA/Striking based style but had a lot of charisma. Io Shirai had less charisma but a hell of a lot of raw talent. The trio got over based on Kana's infamy and the Shirai Sister's marketability + talent. After a while, Io Shirai started dating NOSAWA and was shunned by the Shirai family & Kana because of who she was around + rumors of what she was doing. Io Shirai went to Mexico to further her craft and grew distanced from Mio/Kana. Io and NOSAWA got involved in some of the strangest wrestle-drama in the modern era. A guy planted marijuana inside of a painting given to Io and NOSAWA which was caught by Japanese customs and Shirai/Nosawa were taken to jail claiming they had no idea what happened. Someone eventually came forward claiming they planted the pot to get more favorable booking from (I think it was AAA) because the promoter hated NOSAWA. Anyway, after Shirai cleared her name she broke up with NOSAWA and started wrestling in STARDOM, working her way up to becoming the companies Ace. Mio Shirai announces her retirement to get married and start a family and Mio and Io finally patch things up and team together in Mio's last match (Kana had already gone to NXT so wasn't there for the retirement). Even without going into depth with that backstory, they could easily show the slides about Asuka bringing Io into the business and putting her over with Auska claiming that Io stabbed her in the back once she was getting bigger.

The biggest drawback to waiting on Io Shirai is that it would be around Wrestlemania before the match could even happen because of Shirai's commitments right now; although I think Asuka/Shirai would be the perfect Wrestlemania weekend match. They could draw out Asuka's title reign a little longer by building up Ember Moon and having her fail, then feuding against Sanity then bringing in one more former Diva, or maybe having Regal bring in someone like Aja Kong and selling the point that she was once in the WWE but Vince saw how violent she was and immediately fired her. NXT fans are pretty smart and would eat that up.

keevo
Jun 16, 2011

:burger:WAKE UP:burger:
I like Cesaro but he's not that good on the mic.

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Jesus! Jesus Christ! Say his name! Jesus! Jesus! Come down now!

He's also not that charismatic, tbh. A fantastic in-ring performer, one of the best, but wooden on camera

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

Basic Chunnel posted:

He's also not that charismatic, tbh. A fantastic in-ring performer, one of the best, but wooden on camera
He was very charismatic in the indies. He was great in Kings of Wrestling and the BDK, he was pretty over with his "Eyyyy" chants and very european gimmick. I'm confident he's just been subjected to bad writing his whole stint in WWE.

Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

RealFoxy posted:

He was very charismatic in the indies. He was great in Kings of Wrestling and the BDK, he was pretty over with his "Eyyyy" chants and very european gimmick. I'm confident he's just been subjected to bad writing his whole stint in WWE.

WWE is a meritocracy in the sense that you have to make the right friends and/or become adamantly opposed to doing lovely angles designed to get someone else/no one over at your expense. So that's probably the part he's missing from his otherwise total package.

AMReese
Jan 31, 2011

You're supposed to succeed in spite of the odds, not be buried by them.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

Strike 1 for Cesaro was having a funny accent. Foreingers never get over.
Strike 2 for Cesaro was passive-aggressively complaining about his spot on the card. Now he's stuck with Sheamus.

Ceasaro hasn't had the odds stacked against him so badly that fans take to him ala Ryder or Daniel Bryan yet, but if he loses to Sheamus in 18 seconds at Wrestlemania rest assured.

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

RealFoxy posted:

Ceasaro hasn't had the odds stacked against him so badly that fans take to him ala Ryder or Daniel Bryan yet, but if he loses to Sheamus in 18 seconds at Wrestlemania rest assured.
He doesn't have Ryder or Bryan face charisma, certainly not as an in-ring underdog.

He really truly does not know how to carry himself. His mannerisms are reminiscent of Baron Dax, who was once Marcus Louis.

Do not even ask
Apr 8, 2008

RealFoxy posted:

Oatgan's right about the Men's singles division right now. I think there needs to be another title akin to the TV title (Or maybe the Network Title?) to be defended during NXT TV. There's way too much filler between Takeover events in the main event scene and there's too many singles guys sitting and waiting for their spot (Like Roode is right now, and I'm assuming Itami will be if he ever makes it more than 3 consecutive weeks without being injured). Giving a secondary title for the men to fight over and be defended every week would at least give reason to feud if you're not at the top.

Yup. NXT needs to bring back the Jack Brisco 15 medal or make an equivalent to it.

AMReese
Jan 31, 2011

The Tye Dillinger 10

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
I'd love to see the medal come back. That was cool and I wish they hadn't stopped it. Rollins and Ambrose had a killer series in FCW over that title.

sigmachiev posted:

TM61 would be excellent douchey playboy heels. They are awful babyfaces. Really hoping they score the upset over Authors of Pain and then go on to feud with champions DIY.
I kinda want to see them paired up with Billie and Peyton just to form one big rear end in a top hat Aussie contingent.

NotQuiteQuentin posted:

now i get to play one of my favorite dg to wwe games: how long can they stick with their dg gear until someone notes. evan bourne still has the record of wearing it on ecw but i believe in tozawa's arm sleeves.
Please, it's the only scrap of Monster Express I have left. :negative:

I think they're probably fine with his color scheme, but just like Apollo I'm sure they'll get rid of the Too Easy taunt right away. Though I suppose nobody else is doing it now...

Tokamak
Dec 22, 2004

I wish they kept playing Joe's old theme when he won. A surprise theme for a surprise victory.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
Good post by RealFoxy. Regardless of whether the Io and Hojo join NXT quality additions to the women's division are on their way unfortunately the ETA is February.

The next Full Sail TV taping is January 5th. We will be getting matches from taped in Toronto and the forthcoming Australia and Japan tours.

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

rovert posted:

The next Full Sail TV taping is January 5th. We will be getting matches from taped in Toronto and the forthcoming Australia and Japan tours.

er, are you sure? There's a listing of a Nov 30 Full Sail show that sounds like a taping. The Japan show is Dec 3, and there's two episodes between then and now, and presumedly only two matches taped before TakeOver, so surely they have to tape more content than that?

(though tbf if they were gonna air something from that Full Sail show, that's a Wednesday, so they'd have to do it live-to-tape, so idk)

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

abraham linksys posted:

er, are you sure? There's a listing of a Nov 30 Full Sail show that sounds like a taping. The Japan show is Dec 3, and there's two episodes between then and now, and presumedly only two matches taped before TakeOver, so surely they have to tape more content than that?

(though tbf if they were gonna air something from that Full Sail show, that's a Wednesday, so they'd have to do it live-to-tape, so idk)

Rats you are right. Looked at wrong site: https://nxttickets.ticketforce.com/eventperformances.asp?evt=9

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

I do hope we get at least a full episode of taped content or two from the tour shows (maybe the Melbourne one since it's the one advertised as being taped). I really liked the vibe of the Orlando tapings back in January. Would be really, really nice to have things be mixed up like that between TakeOvers.

Solus
May 31, 2011

Drongos.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rkEguvR-hjI

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
Noah's latest name is "Kona Reeves": https://twitter.com/kekoawwe

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

rovert posted:

Noah's latest name is "Kona Reeves": https://twitter.com/kekoawwe

Thank god. Potjes was a terrible last name for a wrestler.

Nehru the Damaja
May 20, 2005

Tell me they're doing stuff with Tucker and Otis. I've been enjoying Tucker ever since his rando appearance at the expo show taped on Wrestlemania week, and his team with Otis in the Dusty Classic was fun as poo poo.

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

They haven't taped new episodes yet but they have a name now - Heavy Machinery

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

They need to be the ones who finally take down the Authors of Pain. Preferably via a gimmick where Otis can't read so the Authors' offence has no effect on him.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
I assume the Authors are going into a feud with DIY, presumably leading to Johnny and Tommaso losing the belts due to Johnny's stupid stick legs breaking, then Ciampa snaps.

Venomous
Nov 7, 2011

idk about Otis and Tucker but if they prevent TM61 from becoming the top babyface tag team in NXT I'll be happy

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

I am just now watching Takeover and I gotta say I enjoyed TM61 vs AoP more than I thought I would. Thorne had some fun high spots, Miller had impressive power spots, it was a real good big vs fast tag match. The chain spot seemed like it didn't work the way they thought it would though.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Gaz-L posted:

I assume the Authors are going into a feud with DIY, presumably leading to Johnny and Tommaso losing the belts due to Johnny's stupid stick legs breaking, then Ciampa snaps.

I'm pretty sure that's where things are going too but I want Heavy Machinery to be the ones to take the belts off the Authors down the line.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dordreff
Jul 16, 2013
I hope AoP don't take the titles, because they are boring. I hope Heavy Machinery do, because they are not boring.

• Locked thread