Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
http://www.psp-tv.com/r/NiteCrew
This poll is closed.
500562 49.92%
139 0.01%
153 0.02%
500888 49.95%
940 0.09%
Total: 1002682 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Baloogan posted:

eh pollution is bad, i got nothing against gay/transgender frogs but id prefer if like dow jones chemical didn't dump sex hormones into the groundwayer and frogs transitioned natually

eh maybe thats like its purpose; i think alcohol is one of hte pillar s of civilization and maybe me braying at the moon nude clad only in firearms isn't conductive to civilication

Most of the sex hormones are the result of stuff like cattle ranching so blame the Bundys

Test isn't the seat of animalistic male furor, you're more likely to be aggressively anti-social if u have low test bc you feel lovely all the time and can't get help because you don't know what the problem is, and everything to do with male sexual health in this country is a grift

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

And ya I like NDT and everything but he needs to stay the gently caress out of political commentary because deep down I know he's the sort who would unthinkingly endorse Thiel for high office

Olga Gurlukovich
Nov 13, 2016

Baloogan posted:

eh pollution is bad, i got nothing against gay/transgender frogs but id prefer if like dow jones chemical didn't dump sex hormones into the groundwayer and frogs transitioned natually

yeah for real we should get really strict about what the gently caress we allow to be dumped into the water, just like, all the time.

or like, purge the globalists, that might also do the trick

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

blamegame posted:

yeah for real we should get really strict about what the gently caress we allow to be dumped into the water, just like, all the time.

or like, purge the globalists, that might also do the trick

Lol the anti globalist avatar just bought stock in the DAPL project and gets hard thinking about fracking. Every faucet in non rich America will be a mini 70s era Cuyahoga by the time Trump is done

Olga Gurlukovich
Nov 13, 2016

i mean, i haven't actually watched the alex jones video in context so i don't know what his solution is to gay frog water pollution. i'm guessing it's purge the globalists but maybe i'm underestimating his nuance

Fidel Castronaut
Dec 25, 2004

Houston, we're Havana problem.
After witnessing what some of my students from Flint have to go through, I kinda wish it upon the rest of us. Dump all the chemicals in all our water. The thing about Romans and lead pipes is probably mostly myth but maybe we can make it reality if we just get enough corrosive agents flowing.

RedneckwithGuns
Mar 28, 2007

Up Next:
Fifteen Inches of
SHEER DYNAMITE

Epic High Five posted:

Lol the anti globalist avatar just bought stock in the DAPL project and gets hard thinking about fracking. Every faucet in non rich America will be a mini 70s era Cuyahoga by the time Trump is done

See this is where I could see Trump at an impasse: I'm sure the idea of fracking every square mile of the country for fun and profit makes his dick hard, but the more we produce from fracking the more wealth Putin and his oligarch buddies lose because their entire economy is built on oil and natural gas and increasing our production drives down the price.

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

I need nite crew advice, what's the second best nazi-killing game after Wolfenstein?

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."

StashAugustine posted:

I need nite crew advice, what's the second best nazi-killing game after Wolfenstein?
saboteur is kinda cool

KiteAuraan
Aug 5, 2014

JER GEDDA FERDA RADDA ARA!

Fidel Castronaut posted:

Neil Degrasse Tyson is a very good ambassador for science but maybe just maybe scientists don't understand civics as much as they think they do.

Leave the study of society to us social sciences. :smug:

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

o poo poo i just realized i had that installed but havent beaten it yet

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit

RedneckwithGuns posted:

See this is where I could see Trump at an impasse: I'm sure the idea of fracking every square mile of the country for fun and profit makes his dick hard, but the more we produce from fracking the more wealth Putin and his oligarch buddies lose because their entire economy is built on oil and natural gas and increasing our production drives down the price.

if donnie is cucked enough to make us resource policy subservient to russia then he isnt going to last

or putin really has sex tape kompromat on trump

Fidel Castronaut
Dec 25, 2004

The original Call of Duty games were the last games where I found joy in killing a bunch of Nazis. Company of Heroes is supposed to be a fun game where you move your units around in real time to pew pew pew the bad guys but I never got into it, despite buying it during some Steam sale. But now I sort of want to install it and give it another go.

Fidel Castronaut
Dec 25, 2004

KiteAuraan posted:

Leave the study of society to us social sciences. :smug:

yah and the humanities, unironically

or make scientists do more social science and humanities courses. i'm cool with that too.

e: also make social science people do more humanities because they can get too "bleep bloop quantify all the people" and it's a good idea to do close readings of cultural artifacts like lit and music and comics and video games. liberal arts ftw.

Fidel Castronaut fucked around with this message at 09:08 on Nov 21, 2016

Olga Gurlukovich
Nov 13, 2016

Doctor Spaceman posted:

saboteur is kinda cool

it's a sick hitchcock film

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Fidel Castronaut posted:

or make scientists do more social science and humanities courses. i'm cool with that too.

Pretty soon the arts and social scientists will be populated soley by the children of the indigent rich because nobody else will be able to get a loan for those

Everybody isn't making mid 6 figures will only be allowed to do STEM, thus finally driving that sectors wages down bigly like the capitalists have wanted to do so badly

Olga Gurlukovich
Nov 13, 2016

hail satan

Olga Gurlukovich
Nov 13, 2016

lol at the arrogance of humanity thinking we could get one over on the loving devil. not gonna happen.

Grizzled Patriarch
Mar 27, 2014

These dentures won't stop me from tearing out jugulars in Thunderdome.

Fidel Castronaut posted:

e: also make social science people do more humanities because they can get too bleep bloop quantify all the people and it's a good idea to do close readings of cultural artifacts like lit and music and comics and video games. liberal arts ftw.

Well we don't need to worry about any of that, because soon even liberal arts majors won't be taking humanities courses! Gotta stop all these subversive professors from poisoning the minds of our impressionable youth with useless things like "critical thinking."

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

I'd pay good money to see Hannity try to solve some even 100 level logic problems

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

I'm not sure my sobriety is going to survive this administration and I'm not sure I want it to anymore. If I lose my job because of education cuts man, let's just say that I'll die working for the antifa underground before I go back to retail

Olga Gurlukovich
Nov 13, 2016

hannity majored in, what... theater? dance? lol that whole thing with megyn kelley was today wasnt it

Olga Gurlukovich
Nov 13, 2016

also much love to all theater and dance majors, please do not take the above as an insult

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

blamegame posted:

hannity majored in, what... theater? dance? lol that whole thing with megyn kelley was today wasnt it

IIRC he majored in dropping out of high school

Almost no prominent non-lawyer conservatives have even a rich kid holding chamber degree

Fidel Castronaut
Dec 25, 2004

Epic High Five posted:

Pretty soon the arts and social scientists will be populated soley by the children of the indigent rich because nobody else will be able to get a loan for those

Everybody isn't making mid 6 figures will only be allowed to do STEM, thus finally driving that sectors wages down bigly like the capitalists have wanted to do so badly

The humanities are already full of rich people's kids. Poor kids, like my students, go into STEM because the vocational argument is really compelling. "Learn how to do skill and then work in job that requires skill you learned." And I don't blame them because they are going into a great deal of debt for their degree and they don't have the sort of networking that rich kids have and the abstract concept of "soft skills" being marketable in all sorts of fields is, well, too abstract for them.

Like I said, I don't blame the students but I do blame the neoliberal state-level administrations that pressure universities to cut requirements that their students do that whole "well-rounded" thing and take classes outside of their discipline because you end up with people who have vocational skills but are politically and philosophically illiterate, so they become libertarians, like 99% of tech-bros.

Olga Gurlukovich
Nov 13, 2016

fedgov should invest bigly in art grants :twisted:

Fidel Castronaut
Dec 25, 2004

But yeah, that poo poo is only going to get worse. We had a meeting in my department (English) and all these tenured professors were talking all brave about telling our students like it is about fascism, which is just and good and right but none of them seem to understand that this poo poo is over. Wisconsin got rid of tenure and other states are just going to be more emboldened to do the same with Trump as President. The humanities are already limping, taking whatever scraps of grants we can get. Hell, Trump is probably going to cut federal funding for science research so even STEM isn't safe.

Hitler had to round up professors but that won't be a problem for Trump because they will already be unemployed and dead inside.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Fedgov should invest bigly in K-12 and community colleges, that's where the real difference is needing to be made, which is why the religious right has been fighting so hard to take it over

If you pay taxes you will, within 1 year of my writing this, be subsidizing gay rape and suicide camps.

Olga Gurlukovich
Nov 13, 2016

god k-12 is gonna be sooo hosed in so many states. lol?

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

blamegame posted:

god k-12 is gonna be sooo hosed in so many states. lol?

Gonna be?

Olga Gurlukovich
Nov 13, 2016

yeah, as in, moreso than now? like, a lot. and the effects are really gonna last and last.

Fidel Castronaut
Dec 25, 2004

Haha I am going to be teaching high school English in Indiana next year. Can't wait to only be allowed to teach the Bible, except for the gay parts with David and Jonathan. loving Christ I shoulda been an IT bro.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

The globalists want to open up trade so that we can force ourselves into renewable energy markets for goods that can be produced domestically

Anti-globalists want to turn all our drinking water into radioactive kerosene because they are trickle down true believers still

It's not a convincing argument against globalism

Olga Gurlukovich
Nov 13, 2016

that was probably the worst of the little pamphlet thing trump put out, the education stuff. cause i just know they're gonna do it, the legislature is so on board, everyone's down, it's gonna get done.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Fidel Castronaut posted:

Haha I am going to be teaching high school English in Indiana next year. Can't wait to only be allowed to teach the Bible, except for the gay parts with David and Jonathan. loving Christ I shoulda been an IT bro.

You shoulda been. I work way less for way more than I did even running restaurants. Anybody who believes that hard work is enough or even a terribly good idea is a grade A idiot. It's about luck and networking and keeping yourself from being essential in your current position

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Also if ur gonna be teaching in Bloomington I think you should be fine. White enclaves in the north tend to give their kids a real education because they know the whole Jesus freak thing is a scam and they would rather their kid graduate from an Ivy than from Liberty U

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Lots of true believers in the south tho, Texas textbooks are lmao

I'd call them future morlocks of America but the metaphor is a bit confused

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

house republicans cant wait to get started on Trump's populist agenda for the working class!!

http://www.politico.com/story/2016/11/house-republicans-donald-trump-231636

quote:

House Republicans are currently in the process of making lists of regulations that fall within their time frame and could potentially be repealed early next year. One of the major ones they’re eyeing is Obama’s overtime rule that requires companies to pay time-and-a-half to employees who make under roughly $47,000.

The rule is set to go into effect Dec. 1 and will be a top priority for Republicans to reverse, multiple sources said.

“We have heard over the past year that it would have truly dramatically bad effects, not just on employers but on employees across the country,” said Rep. Bradley Byrne (R-Ala.), a former labor lawyer. He said the University of Alabama expects the rule will cost the institution $14 million a year, which will likely be passed on to students via higher tuition.

And “I can give you the names of a ton of private-sector businesses who will either have to eat that cost or pass that cost on to their customers,” Byrne said.

Leadership has also embraced a proposal by Rep. Darrell Issa to allow Congress to repeal a host of regulations at once, rather than one at a time, as under current law. The House passed the California Republican's bill on Thursday, and Issa, in an interview Friday, said lawmakers will approve it again once Trump is president.

Some rank-and-file members, including Rep. Mark Meadows (R-N.C.) and select members of the House Freedom Caucus, have already started compiling lists of 100 rules they’d like to ax in the first 100 days. That’s likely to be an uphill battle, however. Many of their priorities fall outside of the 60-day-window in the CRA, meaning Senate Democrats would need to sign off.

Fidel Castronaut
Dec 25, 2004

I mean, I love my job and it's nice to go to sleep and feel like I did something that was not terrible or useless but it's going to be a rough road ahead. But, hey, nobody gets into this job for glory and riches.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KiteAuraan
Aug 5, 2014

JER GEDDA FERDA RADDA ARA!

Epic High Five posted:

In archaeology it's already the indigent rich who can get anywhere. Because you gotta get field school experience, and that's $300+lodging (for small ones with no course credit) to $5000+ for one's with course credit (and student loans and financial aid don't cover them). And without field school experience you can't get a job, and graduate school (which you also need, at least a masters) is harder to get into.

Source: Archaeology BA who cannot get job in my field.

• Locked thread