Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
Personally, I'm into more underground femininty, indie stuff. Like post-femininity, avant-garde femininity, etc. My favourite one is probably when women wear top hats and corsets, AKA eclectic femininity.

Mainstream femininity just doesn't do it for me anymore.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Internet Wizard
Aug 9, 2009

BANDAIDS DON'T FIX BULLET HOLES

theflyingexecutive posted:

I meant femininity as idealized by middle aged men, not great wording there

Straw Feminists

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

verymoldy posted:

A classic:

You know, I'd say "that is a face of a guy who is sad Japan isn't all anime" but the time stamp being from the late 80s means that this guy was way ahead of his time. A friend of mine who is in Japan right now because she's working as a intern at some company that localizes manga (i wanna say Tokyo POp but it's not important) and she has joined some social groups made up of other Canadians, Brits, Aussies and Americans in Japan so they can hang out and watch english tv or board game or whatever. Each time they meet, there's at least one guy who shows up and loudly complains about how they just go to Japan and Anime is not everywhere, not everyone watches it, how they tried to talk to a girl on the subway about how awesome some anime was and they got confused or outright hostile reactions and so on.

Jestery
Aug 2, 2016

Not a Dickman, just a shape

twistedmentat posted:

... how they tried to talk to a girl on the subway about how awesome some anime was and they got confused or outright hostile reactions and so on.

That would be like a chinese dude eyeing me up on the train and being like "do you like netflix serials? Oh they are so cool what is your favorite ?"

Somehow he is aware japanese culture and loves it but doesnt understand yhe concept of culture holisticly

Intoluene
Jul 6, 2011

Activating self-destruct sequence!
Fun Shoe
Or asking every Brit you meet about their favourite Doctor Who episodes. That's probably a better comparison.

Postal Parcel
Aug 2, 2013

Jestery posted:

That would be like a chinese dude eyeing me up on the train and being like "do you like netflix serials? Oh they are so cool what is your favorite ?"

Somehow he is aware japanese culture and loves it but doesnt understand yhe concept of culture holisticly

...Are you trying to imply that not every American knows about (Original)Netflix Series?

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

Intoluene posted:

Or asking every Brit you meet about their favourite Doctor Who episodes. That's probably a better comparison.

I shall impress them with my knowledge of Monty Python. Behold as I quote the show constantly!

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Intoluene posted:

But every Brit does have a favorite Warhammer 40,000 Space Marine Legion, right?

Jestery
Aug 2, 2016

Not a Dickman, just a shape

Postal Parcel posted:

...Are you trying to imply that not every American knows about (Original)Netflix Series?

There is one called Arrow...i think ?

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

Everyone seems to know about Stranger Things

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Well, they HAVE happened

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

Guy Goodbody posted:

But every Brit does have a favorite Warhammer 40,000 Space Marine Legion, right?

British Warhammer 40K fans are Skaven, aka literal neo nazi subhuman ratmen.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Intoluene posted:

There are Americans who do this in case you aren't aware. Well not literally but "I love Doctor Who/Sherlock!"

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Arcsquad12 posted:

British Warhammer 40K fans are Skaven, aka literal neo nazi subhuman ratmen.

Skaven are from Warhammer Age of Sigmar not Warhammer 40,000. You dummy.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

Guy Goodbody posted:

Skaven are from Warhammer Age of Sigmar not Warhammer 40,000. You dummy.

There isn't an appropriate equivalent in 40K though. Most of them think that being a member of the Imperium would be the best thing ever, but nobody wants to admit they're a skaven.

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

Guy Goodbody posted:

Imperial SnatchLazers r the best.

brunch with yr parents
Jan 6, 2013

SWEATBOX SYMPHONY

oldpainless posted:

Everyone seems to know about Stranger Things

Barb spotted.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money

Jestery posted:

If I ever got the chance to make a lovely comedy show this would be it. Just have people walk up to random Americans and be like "Hey, how about the latest episode of Luke cage? Wasn't it awesome!" then just talk for as long as they can about it before the person gets fed up. Or engage someone randomly and upon finding out they are indeed American just be like "Oh, my brother in law's from kentucky! Do you know Steve Smith?" Just, you know. Every dumb thing people ask anyone who looks even slightly foreign.

Fashionable Jorts
Jan 18, 2010

Maybe if I'm busy it could keep me from you

I'm surprised nobody has posted this classic:

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Fashionable Jorts posted:

That dude basically exists

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sKthbnNacCw

Watrick
Mar 15, 2007

C:enter:###

Fashionable Jorts posted:

This reminded me of:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=q0FFNFohPrc

MageMage
Feb 11, 2007

I SUCK AND LOVE TO YELL PERFORMATIVE HOT TAKES AND NONSENSE LIES WHEN I GET WORKED UP. SOMETIMES AUTOBANNED IS BETTER. MAYBE ONE DAY WHEN I STORM OFF I'LL ACTUALLY STOP SHITTING UP THE SITE FOR REAL

While we're on the subject of both Beavis _and_ Feminism, turns out Beavis is an ideal feminist and more men should strive to be like him:

https://melmagazine.com/beavis-was-the-wokest-bae-2f4843be062d#.ng3rmb3fd

chickie nugs for brekkie
May 17, 2010

MageMage posted:

While we're on the subject of both Beavis _and_ Feminism, turns out Beavis is an ideal feminist and more men should strive to be like him:

Wow that's a lot of words about a cartoon

coolskull
Nov 11, 2007

he says, on the loving somethingawful forums.

how me a frog
Feb 6, 2014

Guy Goodbody posted:

Uh, they're called chapters you fool!

El Estrago Bonito
Dec 17, 2010

Scout Finch Bitch
FYI that's a picture of Koji Igarashi, the dude who was the lead dev for Castlevania from Symphony of the Night onward.

grittyreboot
Oct 2, 2012

El Estrago Bonito posted:

FYI that's a picture of Koji Igarashi, the dude who was the lead dev for Castlevania from Symphony of the Night onward.

Which post are you talking about?

Edit: whoops. I see it now. Sorry guys.

grittyreboot has a new favorite as of 04:30 on Nov 21, 2016

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

MageMage posted:

I admit this had me going right up to the end:

quote:

That the name “Beavis” means “handsome face” in French was perhaps a cruel gesture by the hand of creator Mike Judge. Or perhaps it was meant to point to the beauty inside Beavis, hovering as it did just below the surface. Moving just one letter of his name, one gets “Baevis,” or rather “Bae: vis.” The slang term for a beloved accompanied by the French command to live is aahahahahahaha

But seriously yeah, I should have realized that "hey baby" was the wrong preamble text, I couldn't think of what would be better though

Wrestlepig
Feb 25, 2011

my mum says im cool

Toilet Rascal

treiz01
Jan 2, 2008

There is little that makes me happier than taking drugs. Perhaps administering them, designing and carrying out experiments that bend the plane of what we consider reality.

His face looks like Reaper from Overwatch wearing a fat man costume. Seriously what the gently caress is up with his face?

Knee
Jul 19, 2006

I'm telling you, it's true. People grow from spores.

Made me think of this

Frogfingers
Oct 10, 2012
The mustache is to hide his Peter Cushing Syndrome.

Zipperelli.
Apr 3, 2011

Nap Ghost

Frogfingers posted:

The mustache is to hide his Peter Cushing Syndrome.

I'm in the medical field and had to Google what PCS is, and I'm STILL not exactly sure of the joke you're trying to make here...

volts5000
Apr 7, 2009

It's electric. Boogie woogie woogie.

LOL! Red Letter Media did a Wheel of the Worst on one of shows! It's the third video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kakU6kQDmU4

uranium grass
Jan 15, 2005

Slightly NWS for bras. NMS for other reasons!

uranium grass has a new favorite as of 16:15 on Nov 21, 2016

blarzgh
Apr 14, 2009

SNITCHIN' RANDY
Grimey Drawer

oh, gently caress you.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

Unlike equally damaged men these may actually pass along their sad brains.

Yeesh.

cash crab
Apr 5, 2015

all the time i am eating from the trashcan. the name of this trashcan is ideology

I am vaguely concerned about their ages.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!

Wilfred Brimley's cousin???

• Locked thread