Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Yeah, he's the lead run option for a dynamic team with a great line and diverse passing game. That he did well is surprising but not impossible to predict.

Oh hey, you're a mod now! That's pretty cool!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Cheap Trick souvenirs posted:

Oh hey, you're a mod now! That's pretty cool!

Only for the Star Citizen subforum. It's been a weird day.

decypher
Aug 23, 2003

Who else see da leprechaun say yaaaa!
I for one really like kickers. They're the ultimate wild card.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Yeah, fantasy football isn't random enough, you definitely need more unpredictability in this game.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Veritek83 posted:

207 points in full PPR, no bonuses, return yards

That's not standard scoring. The vikings got 22 points in ESPN standard.

Santheb
Jul 13, 2005

Welp I never traded any of my backs for a TE and now Zach Miller has a broken bone in his foot. So my options now are...Cameron Brate or Hunter Henry.

Or the last minute trade for a TE if somebody wants Latavius. I hope they do :(

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

My first year in a 12 team and I've lost 5 games by 4 or less points standing at 4-6 currently. I'm up 79 to 75 with his L Murray left. First year in a 12 team has gone real bad and my feeling is you need to be mostly lucky since you only play people once. 10 team feels just right and 8 team is fun since you can see improvements in teams and have a chance to come back.

Feels bad.

Cat Hassler
Feb 7, 2006

Slippery Tilde
Lost Prosise and AJ Green today.

Still have a shot to get into the playoffs but I'm pretty much hosed now.

Veritek83
Jul 7, 2008

The Irish can't drink. What you always have to remember with the Irish is they get mean. Virtually every Irish I've known gets mean when he drinks.

Leperflesh posted:

That's not standard scoring. The vikings got 22 points in ESPN standard.

Yeah, special team return yards. It's bonkers.

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012
Wow, just realized Matt Jones has been a healthy scratch the last two weeks. I thought he was still injured, not that he'd 100% lost his job to Kelley. Man, he fell hard.

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

To sign them is my real test

With full no movement clause
fat rob joined the mob it ain't no replacin him

Thwomp
Apr 10, 2003

BA-DUHHH

Grimey Drawer
I need Amari and the Houston Polack to score at least 15.5 plus whatever Janikowski scores to win this week.

Sweeper
Nov 29, 2007
The Joe Buck of Posting
Dinosaur Gum

Thwomp posted:

I need Amari and the Houston Polack to score at least 15.5 plus whatever Janikowski scores to win this week.

I need the Oakland d to score on point more than L. Murray..

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

Thwomp posted:

I'm up by 25 with just Seabass left to play for my opponent.

The 23 points Vinatieri put up earlier this season has me unreasonably nervous :ohdear:

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
Need Lamar and Latavius to combine for 50ish points tonight.

In other words... I lost.

Why did I start Big ben?

Thwomp
Apr 10, 2003

BA-DUHHH

Grimey Drawer

MacheteZombie posted:

Why did I start Big ben?

Because he was playing loving Cleveland and any reasonable owner would absolutely start him. Don't feel bad.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

Thwomp posted:

Because he was playing loving Cleveland and any reasonable owner would absolutely start him. Don't feel bad.

Yeah, but I have Derek Carr who isn't playing in a windstorm tonight. :shrug:

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

MacheteZombie posted:

Yeah, but I have Derek Carr who isn't playing in a windstorm tonight. :shrug:

Yeah but he's playing Houston, who are a top 5ish DST against QBs. Not quite as bad as starting your QB against Denver or Seattle, but not that far off. You don't sit Ben against Cleveland, certainly not for Carr against Houston.

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

I think this thread is where I was first tipped off to the poo poo weather in Cleveland, and it made me panic-swap Big Ben for Mariota at the last minute. So, thanks, goons.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

RVProfootballer posted:

Yeah but he's playing Houston, who are a top 5ish DST against QBs. Not quite as bad as starting your QB against Denver or Seattle, but not that far off. You don't sit Ben against Cleveland, certainly not for Carr against Houston.

I have my suspicions that their high ranking against the pass is due to playing more bad qbs than good ones. I could be off base here though.

Quarterroys
Jul 1, 2008

After losing AJG and Ladarius Green dropping TD passes and laying an egg, I figured I was cooked.

So glad I benched Jeremy Hill for Fat Rob last minute. Just need Carr + Hopkins to outscore Amari and Miller by 7 points...

Quarterroys
Jul 1, 2008

Also, it's too late to be actionable, but tonight's game in Mexico City is 7,000 feet above sea level - about 2K feet higher than Denver. Giddy up.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

Cervixalot posted:

Also, it's too late to be actionable, but tonight's game in Mexico City is 7,000 feet above sea level - about 2K feet higher than Denver. Giddy up.

I have Novak and my fingers firmly crossed since my opponent has Cooper.

I'm also currently mad at my co-worker for letting his girlfriend know she had half of her roster on bye week after the 1PM games started, and somehow still having enough people left for the later games that she is now crushing me.

Also I am glad I went with Crowder in the flex this week :toot:

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

I was down 36 points with Rodgers to go, having lost AJ Green. Thank you Packers Defense for forcing Aaron to play at full god strength.

Boosh!
Apr 12, 2002
Oven Wrangler

IllegallySober posted:

This is probably the last year I play fantasy football. When Robert loving Kelley puts up 30 to turn a win into a loss, I know it's time to go.

Oh, that was you? :smug:

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010
My starting team consisting of Eli Rogers, Marqise Lee, Kenneth Dixon, and Adam Thielan is gonna win this week..... by 23 points. :psyduck:

That's also me getting 8 points from Big Ben

sleepwalkers
Dec 7, 2008

I'm in the most bizarre 12-team league run by my uncle, where QBs outscore everyone because of ridiculous bonuses, meaning the top scoring non-QB is the 31st overall points scorer, and Kaep has scored more points this season than Zeke Elliott. It's a 2QB league and everyone realizes how important QBs are so guys like Goff and Kessler get snapped up in an instant the moment they're going to smell the field.

It's a miserable league to try to compete in due to this fact, but sometimes it can result in fun things like this:

This, obviously, singlehandedly won this week for me.

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

sleepwalkers posted:

I'm in the most bizarre 12-team league run by my uncle, where QBs outscore everyone because of ridiculous bonuses, meaning the top scoring non-QB is the 31st overall points scorer, and Kaep has scored more points this season than Zeke Elliott. It's a 2QB league and everyone realizes how important QBs are so guys like Goff and Kessler get snapped up in an instant the moment they're going to smell the field.

It's a miserable league to try to compete in due to this fact, but sometimes it can result in fun things like this:

This, obviously, singlehandedly won this week for me.

What are the QB scoring settings? Also, making it 2QB + those settings makes it a ludicrous league, ha. If every teams' top 2 picks aren't a QB, I think that's suboptimal drafting.

sleepwalkers
Dec 7, 2008

RVProfootballer posted:

What are the QB scoring settings? Also, making it 2QB + those settings makes it a ludicrous league, ha. If every teams' top 2 picks aren't a QB, I think that's suboptimal drafting.

No, the bonuses don't make any sense. They're being set with little regard to the magnitude of those bonuses or how many points a QB normally scores. It's a money league, but there's no drama, people don't really complain, and it's a lot of family, so I don't feel like rocking the boat much.
Defenses also get some crazy points allowed bonuses, scaling from 15 for a shutout down to 6 points for allowing 21-27 points, so most competent defenses are going to get something for being pretty average. MIN has had 5 20+ point games.
It might as well be a Calvinball league.

sleepwalkers fucked around with this message at 18:17 on Nov 21, 2016

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

A 400 yard passing game is worth 58 points without accounting for any long play bonuses or touchdowns :psyduck:

I wonder if they realize that yardage bonuses compound and it's not 8 for 300-399 OR 10 for 400+...

RVProfootballer posted:

Conversely, I started Carr over Eli against Chicago because the one time I got all jumpy about Carr's matchup, he threw 4 TDs.

Derek Carr ryde or die

Teemu Pokemon fucked around with this message at 18:22 on Nov 21, 2016

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

sleepwalkers posted:

No, the bonuses don't make any sense. They're being set with little regard to the magnitude of those bonuses or how many points a QB normally scores. It's a money league, but there's no drama, people don't really complain, and it's a lot of family, so I don't feel like rocking the boat much.
Defenses also get some crazy points allowed bonuses, scaling from 15 for a shutout down to 6 points for allowing 21-27 points, so most competent defenses are going to get something for being pretty average. MIN has had 5 20+ point games.
It might as well be a Calvinball league.

I'll never really understand the appeal of bonuses. A 39 yard touchdown throw is worth 9.9, add another yard to the throw and it's like doubling the yardage scoring for a total of 14. I hope it's non PPR scoring too, so everyone else scores as lowly as possible.

Also lol:

Teemu Pokemon posted:

A 400 yard passing game is worth 58 points without accounting for any long play bonuses or touchdowns :psyduck:

MalleusDei
Mar 21, 2007

This team got me to 8-0, but I've now dropped 3 in a row. Not looking good for the playoffs. Oh well, much better than last year.

sleepwalkers
Dec 7, 2008

RVProfootballer posted:

I hope it's non PPR scoring too, so everyone else scores as lowly as possible.

You are correct! No PPR, so everyone else sucks rear end. WRs are basically useless; Julio is #37 in points scored among all offensive players, and has been outscored by the top two defenses and Cody Kessler. AJ Green is being outscored by both Kaep and Gabbert. The Broncos DEF has outscored Thomas and Sanders combined. Cats and dogs living together, et al.

Ouhei
Oct 23, 2008

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
.5 PPR, down 13 I can either play Lamar Miller or Michael Crabtree tonight.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

"Monkey's paw, I wish I had my ideal lineup every week."

*finger curls*

*averages 80 pts/game the entire season*

Honore_De_Balzac
Feb 12, 2013

To be fair it doesn't make the wrs and rbs useless. It highly over values qbs but unless all of your roster spots are superflex there is still value in your julios and your bells.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

MalleusDei posted:

This team got me to 8-0, but I've now dropped 3 in a row. Not looking good for the playoffs. Oh well, much better than last year.

How can being 8-3 not look good for the playoffs? Unless there's 4 absolute juggernaut teams in your league you should at least have a real good shot at making it in.

MalleusDei
Mar 21, 2007

RCarr posted:

How can being 8-3 not look good for the playoffs? Unless there's 4 absolute juggernaut teams in your league you should at least have a real good shot at making it in.

Dropping 3 in a row has me concerned, especially with Shady being dinged up and AJ probably out.

Edit: 8-3 is nothing to complain about though, you're correct. I should get in regardless.

sleepwalkers
Dec 7, 2008

MalleusDei posted:

Dropping 3 in a row has me concerned, especially with Shady being dinged up and AJ probably out.

Edit: 8-3 is nothing to complain about though, you're correct. I should get in regardless.

Yeah, I wouldn't be too worried considering your record. How you'll do in the playoffs, who knows, but you should make it in just fine. I'm in a similar situation, started 3-3 now about to be 8-3 and just lost AJ. Not especially liking my chances of winning the league, but I'll make it in just fine.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

8 wins should be enough to make the playoffs in like 90% of all 6- and 8-team playoff formats

• Locked thread