Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sum Mors
Feb 21, 2008

thatguy posted:

Is there a way to make Jason continue posting here? With Derek gone most of our shills will disappear too which is unfortunate because it will mean less people to laugh at.

Talking about him seemed to summon him once or twice. Keep it up. Insecure idiots can't resist the call they sense coming from other sub forums.

Tax:

Sum Mors fucked around with this message at 16:14 on Nov 21, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

MeLKoR posted:

Before this incident, during the year that this thread has been sitting here and being moderated (or not moderated, as you prefer) by Derek how exactly was it crimping SA's style? Did it spill over to other sections, with people shouting BUY MORE JPEGs at unsuspecting posters? What? I'm still trying to figure out why new rules for what constitutes "shitposting" are needed or why the thread was in such a dire need of an Idiot King.

Now that you're overall in charge how do you see the thread progressing, what are you trying to achieve? In short, what is your Vision for Thread 3.0? Will it require more pledging now that the scope has changed?
I'm not setting any sort of thread vision. That really is up to the new mods. While I don't think Derek was good, I would have just left him in place if it wasn't for the doxxing.

I thought an IK with experience in the rest of the forums would help better integrate the SC forum, but as I said in QCS, it was a bad time and not a good fit. Already walked it back. It happens.

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004
This is just a market correction back to pre-SC subforum levels of Derek being angry about Goons to anyone who listens.

Sum Mors
Feb 21, 2008
Reply is not edit.

aleksendr
May 14, 2014

TheLastRoboKy posted:

I wonder if they can even achieve an MVP like that. I don't have much faith in their capabilities considering how much has happened in a year yet so little has actually been achieved.

They hacked together a 2008 FPS with spit, ducktape and baling wire called Starmarine in time for the anniversary stream. Forcing pretty assets to pew-pew each other on a single map for 10 minutes with stats at the end should be possible, even for CIG.

CrazyLoon
Aug 10, 2015

"..."

The Kins posted:

This is just a market correction back to pre-SC subforum levels of Derek being angry about Goons to anyone who listens.

So long as it isn't a market correction back to what this thread and its predecessors were like before last year, I'll be happy TBH. Should it resume those suboptimal levels of funny though, I will know the truth of this past weekend as just FYAD's jealousy of this place.

CrazyLoon fucked around with this message at 16:18 on Nov 21, 2016

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

:lol:

Is a resurrection in store for us? We've still a couple days left. :3:

CrazyLoon
Aug 10, 2015

"..."

The Titanic posted:

:lol:

Is a resurrection in store for us? We've still a couple days left. :3:

More importantly...who will be the apostoles of Derek Smart to claim to have seen him and to spread his word? Certainly not those rewarded with their 20 pieces of silver, that's for sure!

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Also when is Chris going to send me my 30 pieces of -- ah, I mean, hm. Nevermind.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

FactsAreUseless posted:

You quoted a post that wasn't probated and edited in a probation message to try and do what, then?

We're a very special subforum. I thought it was funny.

CrazyLoon
Aug 10, 2015

"..."
goddamit...can't believe I got the silver pieces wrong. Well, at least I don't have anyone IRL from the clergy to dissapoint. :(

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless
It seems CIG moved the schedule, Spectrum is already implemented. This is how we live now.

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

CrazyLoon posted:

More importantly...who will be the apostoles of Derek Smart to claim to have seen him and to spread his word? Certainly not those rewarded with their 20 pieces of silver, that's for sure!

I hear rumors of his return, and continued existence. You could say it's tiny Twitters in the soul of the community.

Fight on, Derek!

:christobertsinspaceshipsalute:

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

CrazyLoon posted:

That's the wrong number of silves pieces :colbert:

FactsAreUseless posted:

Also when is Chris going to send me my 30 pieces of -- ah, I mean, hm. Nevermind.

That's... the correct number. :tinfoil:

Ash1138
Sep 29, 2001

Get up, chief. We're just gettin' started.

aleksendr posted:

They hacked together a 2008 FPS with spit, ducktape and baling wire called Starmarine in time for the anniversary stream. Forcing pretty assets to pew-pew each other on a single map for 10 minutes with stats at the end should be possible, even for CIG.
the way that glass broke was literally worse than duke nukem forever lol

it dont matter
Aug 29, 2008

FactsAreUseless posted:

but as I said in QCS

I just read the first few posts on the first page of that thread so correct me if I'm totally off the mark, but, is it literally just a thread complaining about the presence of the star citizen thread?

Here's a solution: don't look at it.

Has anyone put forward a really compelling reason for getting rid? Is SA stored on a 200MB hard drive and the sc thread is taking up valuable bytes?

I'm gonna be kind and assume that rather than being thin-skinned babies who get upset over something that has absolutely no impact on them, everyone complaining about it is a cig shill who has realised they can't attempt to debate the broken non-game here and have instead gone for the tactic of trying to get the thread killed.

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo
Also lol if you performed services for Chris in return for a silver piece IOU :laffo:

He'll pay you pack right after your ships are done

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

Ash1138 posted:

And they loving loved it over on reddit. Because they are idiots.

it dont matter
Aug 29, 2008

Ash1138 posted:

There's a video of star marine from 2014 or 2015 which has nicer glass breaking fx. CIG is actually going in reverse. It's special like that.

Moma: how does this year's star marine compare to the previous two times they've shown it? Which is your fav, 2014, 2015 or 2016?

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

alphabettitouretti posted:

I just read the first few posts on the first page of that thread so correct me if I'm totally off the mark, but, is it literally just a thread complaining about the presence of the star citizen thread?

Here's a solution: don't look at it.

Has anyone put forward a really compelling reason for getting rid? Is SA stored on a 200MB hard drive and the sc thread is taking up valuable bytes?

I'm gonna be kind and assume that rather than being thin-skinned babies who get upset over something that has absolutely no impact on them, everyone complaining about it is a cig shill who has realised they can't attempt to debate the broken non-game here and have instead gone for the tactic of trying to get the thread killed.

Maybe it's like in Star Citizen where every ship spawned post requires 5MB's worth of server bandwidth

Nickiepoo
Jun 24, 2013

CrazyLoon posted:

Therein lies the exact difference. Young DS was just someone that got funny if you actively hosed with him, much as was the case with Branson and the 'suck my oval office' saga ITT that elicited his mega-meltdown.

Modern-day Derek, however, does funny poo poo regardless of goons loving with him and will likely continue to be such until the day that CIG officially collapses. Hence, his great value to this dead gay comedy forum that may have been, with this weekend, sadly squandered. Mod or not, No Mods No Masters or not, I really hope he does come back, because even though his ego-trips remain the size of galaxies, they've always been entertaining. poo poo, I don't even read most of his word salads, just seeing them posted is enough to make me laugh IRL by comparison of what a complete shitshow Star Citizen has become.

Yeah, him being demodded isn't the issue it's the fact that he's probably not coming back to the thread :(

I'd actually compare it to Clarkson where of course you can't loving punch your producer and he's got to go but whoops now Top Gear is dead and Amazon gets all the glory oh well.

Beexoffel
Oct 4, 2015

Herald of the Stimpire

Propagandist posted:

I'm quoting this post because it's just that good.

Thank you, and I'd like to take the opportunity to say that I like your rabbits.

TheLightPurges
Sep 24, 2016

by exmarx
So the explanation for Star Marine not launching with 3/4 of its advertised features is that it will see many updates.

Will it though? Hows AC, the social module, and the PU working out?

Also I still don't believe it will go live this year that "roadmap" is seriously trash wishful thinking.

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

Nickiepoo posted:

Yeah, him being demodded isn't the issue it's the fact that he's probably not coming back to the thread :(

I'd actually compare it to Clarkson where of course you can't loving punch your producer and he's got to go but whoops now Top Gear is dead and Amazon gets all the glory oh well.

I really really hope he comes back, but if he doesn't I think he should make a subreddit for maximum :ironicat:

ripptide
Jul 28, 2016

The Titanic posted:

Every agent would be a cross between Forrest Gump and the dolphin with no tail.

"Do you know what humanity is, Neow? It is a filthy, filthy cash parasite. Millions of you plugged in at your nipples, feeding us cash. It's disgusting, and it makes me [player#34.6 voice_tree_potato.wav missing]."

*Agent begins to slowly walk upwards, into the clouds and through a building until the server crashes.

Not to mention, we'd all be perpetually in a T-pose

Nickiepoo
Jun 24, 2013

Beet Wagon posted:

I really really hope he comes back, but if he doesn't I think he should make a subreddit for maximum :ironicat:

But then I'd have to be a reddit if I want maximum SC laffo and I'm just not ready to make that jump to kiddy-diddling.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

ripptide posted:

Not to mention, we'd all be perpetually in a T-pose
The scene where Neo dodges bullets, but it's just his motionless body floating into the air and rotating.

Lladre
Jun 28, 2011

Soiled Meat

FactsAreUseless posted:

That's fine, I know it's a little difficult when suddenly there are people to enforce the rules, but Derek not being a real mod wasn't a good thing. People seem to think I disliked Derek because of personal issues with him or Star Citizen things. It's because I, as an admin, felt he was a bad mod, because I had to keep declining month-long probations he requested on people who poked fun at him. Then he proved me right by making a really, really unacceptable mod decision. I totally take responsibility for ignoring this forum and letting it have the fake joke mod for so long. That was a mistake, due to personal bias. I admit that. But even the SC forum needs actual mods if it's going to thrive, and Beer and Beet will do good jobs.

We all make mistakes. Some of them are even about disliking pizza, or pronouncing GiF correctly.

DapperDon
Sep 7, 2016

MeLKoR posted:

This question has come up many times. I still expect it will turn out to be some mistake from the person getting the refund not understanding how VAT works simply because loving with VAT is so stupid and incredibly retarded that I can't believe even CIG would do it, at least not like this I mean. This is like the worst way to commit VAT fraud and the easiest to get caught, I can't believe someone like Ortwin would go along with it.

Have you SEEN how CIG tries to make a game?

thatguy
Feb 5, 2003

Beet Wagon posted:

I'm not sure Derek is allowed to make one. He will probably make/upgrade his forum but I fear that might just be even more of a circlejerk than this thread is.

ripptide
Jul 28, 2016

Tijuana Bibliophile posted:

That's the wrong number of silves pieces :colbert:

That's... the correct number. :tinfoil:

That was all CR could afford, without giving up the Porsche

thatguy
Feb 5, 2003

FactsAreUseless posted:

The scene where Neo dodges bullets, but it's just his motionless body floating into the air and rotating.
How do you pronounce GIF and do you enjoy the taste of pizza?

Nickiepoo
Jun 24, 2013
I mean honestly it's 2016 and I'm still posting on forums because gently caress social media oldmanshoutsatcloud.jpg plz don't make me be a reddit

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

Nickiepoo posted:

But then I'd have to be a reddit if I want maximum SC laffo and I'm just not ready to make that jump to kiddy-diddling.

The answer is simple. We'll just have to archive the reddit that archives the reddit that Derek Smart posts to. Or something.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

thatguy posted:

How do you pronounce GIF and do you enjoy the taste of pizza?
"Heef," and no but legally I'm required to eat it because Dominos sponsors my competitive Magic: The Gathering team.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
I pronounce Gif the same way I pronounce Gnu.

Nicholas
Mar 7, 2001

Were those not fine days, when we drank of clear honey, and spoke in calm tones of our love for the stuff?
Derek was a great mod

thatguy
Feb 5, 2003
Despicable.

Nicholas
Mar 7, 2001

Were those not fine days, when we drank of clear honey, and spoke in calm tones of our love for the stuff?
why is FAU still posting in this thread

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable
There is a light at the end of the tunnel here, guys and girls, that I think it's important to mention.

Since Derek is no longer with us, people can claim the goon threat is reduced to nothing, and Derek no longer has his echo chamber.

This means CIG can finally make Star Citizen! All this time they've been stopped by our posting is no longer really relevant!

Chris Roberts is probably so happy right now, I bet he had a late night binge coding/cocaine session!

I don't know about you, but I'm feeling 3.0 before Christmas now!

Wow, it's like this huge weight has been lifted off of CIG development. They should all have a 12 hour work day in honor of it for, like, three days before they return to 16 hour crunch sessions!

Know what else? A loving whole half day on thanksgiving, too! 8 hour day on thanksgiving! Make it happen CIG! Show the world that YOU are making things happen now that these forum posts aren't keeping you down anymore!

• Locked thread