Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

RENEGADE CUCKSKY posted:

It begins:

Well, at the very least my job is going to become much, much more difficult the next several years. :(

Ugh.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

Webb was part of ending George Allen's political career, and for that reason alone I can't hate the guy.

The main thing I remember about Chafee is that fishmech liked him a lot. Draw what conclusions you will.

Serf
May 5, 2011

GlyphGryph posted:

Hey, I got some info!

Am talking to Bill Herring - he's the Democratic Chair for the 12th District. I've also been told you're welcome to attend Bulloch meetings in Statesboro if you want as well if we can't find anything in Candler.

Will work on getting more details. They actually seem pretty happy to hear from folks.

Awesome. I live in Candler and commute to Bulloch to work so either place is fine for me. Mind sending me the info for how I can get in touch with him?

Der Meister
May 12, 2001

RENEGADE CUCKSKY posted:

It begins:

Well, at the very least my job is going to become much, much more difficult the next several years. :(

if only there were a way to make rules nation-wide to avoid this sort of state versus state worker killing bullshit...

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

Karl Sharks posted:

soros already gets called the leftist version of the koch brothers

time to step up your game, george

Well until he gets the memo that living above their expectations isn't doing us much good we can't hold rallies to hoot and holler like idiots while being effective

big business man
Sep 30, 2012

Der Meister posted:

if only there were a way to make rules nation-wide to avoid this sort of state versus state worker killing bullshit...

don't worry, in the next several years Friedrichs will be reheard and the new SCOTUS pick will help write the 5-4 opinion on nationwide public RTW.

Next, that precedent will be used to push a nationwide private RTW.

God bless!

white sauce
Apr 29, 2012

by R. Guyovich

Fulchrum posted:

Maybe you should have searched for a better example than the rein of terror.

The reign of terror was a good thing.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Tight Booty Shorts posted:

bold claim

Serf
May 5, 2011

the name, admittedly, was a bit of a PR blunder

white sauce
Apr 29, 2012

by R. Guyovich

Are you suggesting that the nobility should have kept the people of France starving and poor?

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

...for Napoleon

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
You know what was a good plan for France, The Law of Suspects

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Are you suggesting that the nobility should have kept the people of France starving and poor?

do you know what the reign of terror was, because it wasn't the actual revolution...

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
Tight Booty Shorts in 1793: "The Girondins are the corrupt establishment so anything done to stop them is actually good for France"

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:
the reign of terror was actually cool and good - freidrich engels

GlyphGryph
Jun 23, 2013

Down came the glitches and burned us in ditches and we slept after eating our dead.

Serf posted:

Awesome. I live in Candler and commute to Bulloch to work so either place is fine for me. Mind sending me the info for how I can get in touch with him?

Send me an email at glyphgryph@gmail.com and I'll include you in the e-mail chain.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold
if beheading the aristocracy is wrong I don't want to be right

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

Also it's not actually okay to murder people even if they're rich.

The_Politics_Man
Aug 25, 2015

are you saying liberalism shouldn't crush its enemies both internal and external?

white sauce
Apr 29, 2012

by R. Guyovich

Tatum Girlparts posted:

do you know what the reign of terror was, because it wasn't the actual revolution...

The two go hand in hand. I'm glad the nobility and their allies were taken out and guillotined. Yea some of the poo poo that happened was bad, but revolutions are messy and bloody things.

It also scared the hell out of the Catholic Church.

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

Raskolnikov38 posted:

white sauce
Apr 29, 2012

by R. Guyovich

docbeard posted:

What if killing those rich people means you can save more lives in the long run?

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

docbeard posted:

or if they knew a rich person, or if they ever say 'maybe it's hosed up you're just murdering people in the streets', or if they looked at a Jacobin crossways

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

docbeard posted:

I would argue it is only ok to murder people if they are rich, actually

white sauce
Apr 29, 2012

by R. Guyovich

Raskolnikov38 posted:

Serf
May 5, 2011

docbeard posted:

that sounds fake but okay

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

The two go hand in hand. I'm glad the nobility and their allies were taken out and guillotined. Yea some of the poo poo that happened was bad, but revolutions are messy and bloody things.

It also scared the hell out of the Catholic Church.

I genuinely am unsure if you fully know what happened in the reign of terror if you think this is a summary of what went down. Like, that's like saying the House Un American Activity Committee was actually good because it caught communists and their allies. A poo poo ton of the people murdered weren't actually part of that group.

The_Politics_Man
Aug 25, 2015
Robespierre did nothing wrong

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

Tatum Girlparts posted:

or if they knew a rich person, or if they ever say 'maybe it's hosed up you're just murdering people in the streets', or if they looked at a Jacobin crossways

Or if they're a poor person who said "hey, this revolution isn't actually helping us the way they promised it would".

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

resar posted:

Robespierre did nothing wrong

The funny thing about the Reign of Terror is that this sentence could be parsed as either a pro- or an anti-Reign-Of-Terror statement

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

docbeard posted:

Or if they're a poor person who said "hey, this revolution isn't actually helping us the way they promised it would".

or if they were literally anyone in arms reach when the Jacobins decided they needed to do a certain amount of bloodshed a day to keep their whole 'horrific reputation' thing going and they were behind quota at the moment.

That isn't even slander from opposition, Jacobins themselves were pretty open about constant violence being an important tool, shockingly that tended to lead to a lot of just randos being murdered.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Like, it started off all in good fun, hey, let's murder the aristocrats, they're useless a-holes anyway

but then by the end of it the jacobins were guillotining each other based on whose subfaction was losing more arguments this week

white sauce
Apr 29, 2012

by R. Guyovich

Tatum Girlparts posted:

I genuinely am unsure if you fully know what happened in the reign of terror if you think this is a summary of what went down. Like, that's like saying the House Un American Activity Committee was actually good because it caught communists and their allies. A poo poo ton of the people murdered weren't actually part of that group.

Like I said before- some bad poo poo happened. But they also executed the French nobility. Which I think is a good thing.

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

I would have settled for imprisonment

white sauce
Apr 29, 2012

by R. Guyovich

loquacius posted:

Like, it started off all in good fun, hey, let's murder the aristocrats, they're useless a-holes anyway

but then by the end of it the jacobins were guillotining each other based on whose subfaction was losing more arguments this week

Yup things got out of hand. Woopsie daisy!

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

loquacius posted:

pretty much. No one's gonna claim the revolution itself was a bad idea, because gently caress the king and his lackeys, but let's not pretend the time mainly dominated by a constant power vacuum filled with guys who's main objective was 'murder everyone I hate as fast as possible before I get murdered back' was actually a v. good and leftist time.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Yup things got out of hand. Woopsie daisy!

- Stalin to the Ukraine

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

This is why in the course of SA shitposting I tend to argue against guillotining the rich in favor of tarring and feathering the rich

Have you guys ever played the card game Guillotine though, because it's cool and good

Segmentation Fault
Jun 7, 2012

docbeard posted:

what the gently caress is this neoliberal bullshit

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

loquacius posted:

This is why in the course of SA shitposting I tend to argue against guillotining the rich in favor of tarring and feathering the rich

Have you guys ever played the card game Guillotine though, because it's cool and good

That's the revolution card game where you have to collect heads and avoid/trick your friends into beheading 'martyr' classed nobles and all, right? If so yea that game rules.

• Locked thread