Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
NumberLast
Jun 7, 2014

Raskolnikov38 posted:

if beheading the aristocracy oligarchs is wrong I don't want to be right

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

we have to take these ahligachs to the guillotines and tell them "we ah ending your greed for you"

NumberLast
Jun 7, 2014

Fullhouse posted:

we have to take these ahligachs to the guillotines and tell them "we ah ending your greed for you"

Yeah p much.

Take the capital.

Administrate it democratically.

Look at anyone whining about economic growth like the pitiful idiot they are.

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

Setting aside the bold correctness of "killing people is bad" as a position,

Isn't it more satisfying to take their power and money away and make them watch it happen?

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Tatum Girlparts posted:

That's the revolution card game where you have to collect heads and avoid/trick your friends into beheading 'martyr' classed nobles and all, right? If so yea that game rules.

I am really good at Guillotine because I can clearly imagine myself destroying the decadent rich for the satisfaction of a cheering crowd and my own glorification and it feels good

IRL of course I am strictly a tar-and-feathers advocate all the way

white sauce
Apr 29, 2012

by R. Guyovich

Tatum Girlparts posted:

- Stalin to the Ukraine

-Obama to America

white sauce
Apr 29, 2012

by R. Guyovich

docbeard posted:

Isn't it more satisfying to take their power and money away and make them watch it happen?

I think it's much better to take their power and money (which they stole anyway) and then behead them.

NumberLast
Jun 7, 2014
Hey why do Democrats hate activism that isn't cop hugging and love DAPL?

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

docbeard posted:

Not if they might be able to take it back

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

SHY NUDIST GRRL posted:

Not if they might be able to take it back

It's really hard to take back your money and power when you are a feathery tar golem

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

NumberLast posted:

what

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

NumberLast posted:

Hey now, they love themselves some charity 5ks.

NumberLast
Jun 7, 2014
Right wing populism is winning worldwide because left wing populism is strangled in the crib.

NumberLast has issued a correction as of 18:19 on Nov 21, 2016

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

loquacius posted:

It's really hard to take back your money and power when you are a feathery tar golem

we'd need to use the good bituminous tar tho

none of this pussyass pine tar poo poo i wanna see these people disfigured permanently

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

NumberLast posted:

Right wing populism is winning worldwide because left wing populism is strangled in the crib.

What gets more views though? A train wreck or a successful plane landing?

(what I'm saying is gently caress the media)

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

NumberLast posted:

Most people are just indifferent

Bro Dad
Mar 26, 2010

what

the

gently caress

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Heard about this in the Dem Primary 2020 thread and, well, lol

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

lmao

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo
I hope all the sellouts that cozy up to Trump get primaried and thrown out like what happened within the GOP

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

loquacius posted:

Not when you have the conscripted continental armies of the world aristocracy at your back, whipped into killing foreigners so they can smuggle republicanism in its crib and restore your hereditary titles.

Fighting an aristocratic nobility isn't like seizing the assets of a capitalist and sending them to a re-education camp. So long as they're alive, then their titles are too. There's always some reactionary group out there that dreams of restoring the monarchy and its attendant class. Their mere existence represents an existential threat to the revolution.

Even nowadays, there are long dispossessed heirs of German nobility running around, who plenty of dork nerds cream their jeans over re-instating as sovereigns.

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

Trump said he looks forward to working with Chuck Schumer. I haven't heard anything about Chucky protesting, so I'm guessing he's already dreaming of how much Homeland Defense money he can grab.

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

It would be hilarious(ly awful) if Trump were to stake out every prominent Democrat who even remotely has a chance in 2020 and offer them positions in his administration. Even if they turn him down, that'd probably be enough to poison them in some folks' eyes.

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them

turtle_07 posted:

NYC Goons:

I'm hosting a post election community meeting to talk about what we can all do at the local level to stop trump / push a more progressive agenda. Spoilers: I have no loving clue.

https://actionnetwork.org/events/astoria-post-election-community-meeting

Please don't trash my apartment.

you might consider putting this in the NYC LAN thread?

turtle_07
Jun 13, 2003

Hear, hear!

bump_fn posted:

you might consider putting this in the NYC LAN thread?

Good call. Good call. I'll post it there as well.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

Trump said he looks forward to working with Chuck Schumer. I haven't heard anything about Chucky protesting, so I'm guessing he's already dreaming of how much Homeland Defense money he can grab.

On one hand, that's what the PEOTUS is supposed to say.

On the other, gently caress Schumer for not pulling a McConnell. I know Reid would.

GlyphGryph
Jun 23, 2013

Down came the glitches and burned us in ditches and we slept after eating our dead.

Someone tell me what this says, I'm out of free articles there.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

GlyphGryph posted:

Someone tell me what this says, I'm out of free articles there.

Tulsi Gabbard met with Trump regarding the possibility of a seat on his cabinet (State/Def probably)

He's probably still trying to maintain the illusion that he is Above Party Politics despite filling most of his cabinet with Republican hacks already; I don't know WHAT her deal is because the fact that she's hawkish as poo poo on Muslims has always been her achilles heel w/r/t progressivism

She's either trying to worm her way in to do some good in what ways she can, or she really wants to bomb some muslims, it's not clear yet

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

If you are selling yourself as a principled progressive who doesn't compromise then compromising is a bit of a bigger deal than if someone who sells themselves as a slime monster compromises

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
I had heard he was floating Gabbard's name but lol @ her actually meeting him

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

docbeard posted:

It would be hilarious(ly awful) if Trump were to stake out every prominent Democrat who even remotely has a chance in 2020 and offer them positions in his administration. Even if they turn him down, that'd probably be enough to poison them in some folks' eyes.

Hopefully those folks are all part of the DEMe and they can gently caress off with their black and white world views.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Powercrazy posted:

Hopefully those folks are all part of the DEMe and they can gently caress off with their black and white world views.

....you're kidding right? Do you think it was the 'establishment' that spent the last primary yelling about purity?

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler
actually trump is above party politics by appointing people who were too insane for either party before

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Tatum Girlparts posted:

....you're kidding right? Do you think it was the 'establishment' that spent the last primary yelling about purity?

Speaking as someone who had a dissenting opinion from them this cycle, yes

(it was both)

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

Tatum Girlparts posted:

Remind me again, who said that a vote for gary johnson was a vote for trump? Who is bitching and moaning about progressives potentially joining the trump admin?

Who claimed Bernie wasn't a "real" democrat?

white sauce
Apr 29, 2012

by R. Guyovich

Powercrazy posted:

Remind me again, who said that a vote for gary johnson was a vote for trump? Who is bitching and moaning about progressives potentially joining the trump admin?

:eyepop:

(dont forget bullshit purity tests)

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler
powerCRAZY

Bill Buckner
Aug 14, 2005
Bernie wasn't a real democrat though.

He's actually a wooden puppet that jangled shiny keys around for his target audience. :smug:

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

Powercrazy posted:

He wasn't. But we're going to change what is a real democrat.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Bill Buckner posted:

Bernie wasn't a real democrat though.

He's actually a wooden puppet that jangled shiny keys around for his target audience. :smug:

Not a puppet. Not a puppet. You're the puppet.

• Locked thread