Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ornamental Dingbat
Feb 26, 2007

Pyroclastic posted:

This is apparently at a Kanye show (he just did one in Sacramento where he showed up 90 minutes late, did two songs, went on a political rant, the dropped the mic and ended the show). How the hell is that platform even remotely legal?

Love the color scheme, it has a real Piss Christ aesthetic.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

oohhboy
Jun 8, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Kanye has cancelled the tour. That platform couldn't bear the weight of his ego.

http://www.bbc.com/news/entertainment-arts-38049884

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

Wow, trump's ego took out kanye's ego.

Hopefully he can rebound by 2019 in time for his 2020 presidential run

jetz0r
May 10, 2003

Tomorrow, our nation will sit on the throne of the world. This is not a figment of the imagination, but a fact. Tomorrow we will lead the world, Allah willing.

ElBrak posted:

As one of the people who helped put that poo poo together when he was in Seattle: Nah that shits weighs a ton, its all steel truss with aluminum deck on top.

Yeah, it's a heavy deck with a poo poo ton of rigging involved. It's not a small impromptu setup. An insured tour of that caliber is going to do its homework on its gimmick stage.

Pyroclastic posted:

This is apparently at a Kanye show (he just did one in Sacramento where he showed up 90 minutes late, did two songs, went on a political rant, the dropped the mic and ended the show). How the hell is that platform even remotely legal?

Kayne's floating soapbox isn't the dangerous thing about those shows. Kayne pissing off the audience enough to start a riot is the real danger. He got close to inciting riots in both San Jose and Sacramento, to the point that people backstage were getting scared.. He would be pretty safe on his retractable platform, but everyone in the venue or backstage would be hosed.

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth
Kanye is a jackass.

Neutrino
Mar 8, 2006

Fallen Rib
This just happened here in Milwaukee:

http://www.tmj4.com/news/local-news/farwell-ave-closed-after-building-falls-into-road

Luckily there aren't any cars that got smooshed but there is damage to the building across the road.

BlankIsBeautiful
Apr 4, 2008

Feeling a little inadequate?

Collateral Damage posted:

The "funny house" at the Stockholm amusement park has moving stairs like that leading up to the entrance. They're really simple when you just follow the rhythm, but it's amusing to watch people gently caress it up.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zn10aErrE7M

Oh wow, if that were here in the States, the lawsuits would be incredible. I can imagine what would happen if one fat drunk at the top lost it and took out everyone down the line. We can't have cool things like that in the US because stupid people.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Neutrino posted:

This just happened here in Milwaukee:

http://www.tmj4.com/news/local-news/farwell-ave-closed-after-building-falls-into-road

Luckily there aren't any cars that got smooshed but there is damage to the building across the road.

Damnit, Milhouse. :argh:

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

oohhboy posted:

Kanye has cancelled the tour. That platform couldn't bear the weight of his ego.

http://www.bbc.com/news/entertainment-arts-38049884

drat, and here he had just reclaimed the Throne of Rap, too.

GotLag
Jul 17, 2005

食べちゃダメだよ

The "funny house" at the Stockholm amusement park has moving stairs like that leading up to the entrance. They're really simple when you just follow the rhythm, but it's amusing to watch people gently caress it up.

Please tell me there's more footage like this. It slays me the way he finally gets one transfer right, only to immediately jump back on to the now-descending step.

RabbitWizard
Oct 21, 2008

Muldoon

BlankIsBeautiful posted:

Oh wow, if that were here in the States, the lawsuits would be incredible. I can imagine what would happen if one fat drunk at the top lost it and took out everyone down the line. We can't have cool things like that in the US because stupid people.

http://i.imgur.com/h7So87K.gifv

SLOSifl
Aug 10, 2002

I've been on something that used those man-engine type stairs. It might have been a carnival at the CA Mid State Fair, the kind with janky rides, unfair games and extreme carnies.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

Serves the person behind her pushing her by the rear end in a top hat.

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day
https://zippy.gfycat.com/WickedDefiniteGrouse.webm

Tofu Terry
Oct 4, 2015

by FactsAreUseless

Chomp8645 posted:

Kanye is a jackass.

I've heard it as "old Kanye raps about new Kanye" which is becoming truer and truer.

Also it looks like a boss level were you run to one side to make the platform tip towards you.

Railing Kill
Nov 14, 2008

You are the first crack in the sheer face of god. From you it will spread.

Tofu Terry posted:

Also it looks like a boss level were you run to one side to make the platform tip towards you.

Still, it's better than the setup at Nine Inch Nails shows:

:rimshot:

my girlfriend is Legos
Apr 24, 2013

GotLag posted:

Please tell me there's more footage like this. It slays me the way he finally gets one transfer right, only to immediately jump back on to the now-descending step.

I couldn't find any, but I did find this old video about a very OSHA cop doing an OSHA inspection of that amusement park: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3MZWyA3xr30

:rip: Svullo :(

Zev
Apr 3, 2009
I heard osha passed some new rules about fall protection and some other ones to stop employers from having work rules or rewards that discouraged reporting incidents. Also the fines went up.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

I told this story in the old thread, but it's worth repeating just to reinforce the fact that people are idiots.

We have alternating tread stairs at several points in our warehouse and storage areas to save space. They look pretty much like this:

And half the people I work with, from office drones to chemists to engineers just cannot use them without losing their minds like that guy in the video you linked. They'll walk huge distances out of their way to find 'normal' stairs rather than use them.

When they try to use them, they'll get to the point where they have both feet on the stairs and just freeze. You can see them thinking "Oh god, which foot do I use next? I want to lift my right foot, but that will put it on the left side of the stairs. Crap, now my left foot is wedged against the railing. What do I do?"

Like how some people simply cannot use starting blocks in foot races without getting themselves all confused.

I just don't see the issue. Honestly, I don't know how these otherwise very intelligent people manage to fail at something so simple. But it is funny to watch.

Deteriorata
Feb 6, 2005

We all get sort of bumfuzzled when we suddenly have to think about something we have done automatically without thought about before. Sort of like if you've driven the same route to work every day for twenty years to where you can go on autopilot and just get to work without realizing you get there - and then having to explain the route in detail to a friend for some reason.

People in the habit of thinking deeply find it hard to suddenly think about very obvious and shallow things. They can do it, of course, it just takes a frustrating few moments to shift gears.

Einstein was famous for never being able to remember just where his house was in Princeton. He could walk to it absent-mindedly, but if he ever stopped to think about just where his house was he completely confused himself.

Deteriorata fucked around with this message at 06:15 on Nov 22, 2016

VectorSigma
Jan 20, 2004

Transform
and
Freak Out

Railing Kill posted:

Still, it's better than the setup at Nine Inch Nails shows:

:rimshot:

that was the old setup

this is the new one:

taking industrial music to its logical conclusion

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

Does it attach to any kind of vent reznor?

mostlygray
Nov 1, 2012

BURY ME AS I LIVED, A FREE MAN ON THE CLUTCH

Arsenic Lupin posted:

Electric clock? Some of them ran on that voltage. In particular, master-slave clocks often ran at 24DC. Would he have had access to office/factory salvage?

He worked in a steel mill so definitely.

Explosionface
May 30, 2011

We can dance if we want to,
we can leave Marle behind.
'Cause your fiends don't dance,
and if they don't dance,
they'll get a Robo Fist of mine.

There was an explosion in a small town in Kansas this morning. I'm sure there's a very OSHA reason behind it.

xergm
Sep 8, 2009

The Moon is for Sissies!

They just had a spill a month ago that gassed out Atchison, now an explosion somewhere else?

As if their water slides weren't bad enough.

Explosionface
May 30, 2011

We can dance if we want to,
we can leave Marle behind.
'Cause your fiends don't dance,
and if they don't dance,
they'll get a Robo Fist of mine.

xergm posted:

They just had a spill a month ago that gassed out Atchison, now an explosion somewhere else?

And just wait in case Trump actually taps Brownback for budget tips. Then everyone can be hosed over by our terribleness!

As for the explosion, there's only one reported injury (out of ~40 employees, apparently) and the fires are still burning, despite help from neighboring fire departments.

e: oh, and there was fun a few years ago when Coffeyville flooded due to their oil refinery

Explosionface fucked around with this message at 18:22 on Nov 22, 2016

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

http://i.imgur.com/trK31FM.gifv

Edit: the Facebook group https://www.facebook.com/tradiemayhem/:nms: is a fuckin' goldmine for building site OSHA fuckups:

.... but also for dozens and dozens of workplace injury photos so it's :nms: for close up photos of fingers torn in half and legs torn open and poo poo like that :gonk:

Snowglobe of Doom fucked around with this message at 18:43 on Nov 22, 2016

Warm und Fuzzy
Jun 20, 2006

VectorSigma posted:

that was the old setup

this is the new one:

taking industrial music to its logical conclusion

I want to FCU like an animal

xergm
Sep 8, 2009

The Moon is for Sissies!

We truly are living in the future!

Carbon dioxide
Oct 9, 2012

quote:

A court document says Walp was driving the load from Reynolds, Nebraska, to Hanover, Kansas, on Aug. 8 when he exchanged texts with his boss. The document says that soon after Walp read that he'd been dismissed, he stopped the truck on Nebraska Highway 8 near Odell, got out and opened the grain trailer's bottom hatch doors.

The document says Walp then drove down the highway, spilling out nearly 1,000 bushels of corn — nearly $3,100 worth.

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012

xergm posted:

brownback's kansas

Johnny Aztec
Jan 30, 2005

by Hand Knit

Man, all the wildlife in that area must be fully spherical now.

Pharmaskittle
Dec 17, 2007

arf arf put the money in the fuckin bag

Mmm yah boy look at them dick struts

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

Pharmaskittle posted:

Mmm yah boy look at them dick struts

Those are some serious man gams

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012
load bearing hole

Pharmaskittle
Dec 17, 2007

arf arf put the money in the fuckin bag

Boypussy stilts

Johnny Aztec
Jan 30, 2005

by Hand Knit
Man, doesn't look like he is wearing socks. How can people stand wearing boots without socks.

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos
Might be ankle socks? Who knows though considering he is apparently wearing hotpants on the job.

wjs5
Aug 22, 2009

I am the construction guy modeling his legs for osha pic.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Randyslawterhouse
Oct 11, 2012

D1Sergo posted:

Wait I got it:

Delta Peabody

This is not getting enough love!