Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!
But, like, no reason to delay unnecessarily. The dude has to go. So, has he been fired yet? How about now? Now?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Azerban
Oct 28, 2003

i personally would like to see him given several more years, he just needs time

Simone Poodoin
Jun 26, 2003

Che storia figata, ragazzo!

Some news sites said Bruce Arena is a candidate to replace him. Out with the old, in with the older.

de curry GOAT
Oct 23, 2005

id like it if jamaica got rid of their idiot german coach as well

RideTheSpiral
Sep 18, 2005
College Slice

Simone Poodoin posted:

Some news sites said Bruce Arena is a candidate to replace him. Out with the old, in with the older.

mods change the forum name to the bruce arena

JFairfax
Oct 23, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

RideTheSpiral posted:

hahaha - for thanksgiving weekend at least.

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!

RideTheSpiral posted:

What's old is new again, I guess.

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

the usmnt should be banned from international competition

Jack's Flow
Jun 6, 2003

Life, friends, is boring

Azerban posted:

i personally would like to see him given several more years, he just needs time

quote:

“I’m not afraid,” Klinsmann said. “What you need to do is stick to the facts. Soccer is emotional, and a lot of people make conclusions without knowing anything about the inside of the team or the sport. I still believe we will get the points we need to qualify, and I am even confident we could win the group.” He added: “The fact is, we lost two games. There is a lot of talk from people who don’t understand soccer or the team.”

(...)

From the very beginning of his relationship with Gulati, Klinsmann said, he has stressed that patience was crucial — a point he will probably try to make to Gulati when they speak about the team’s current situation. “I always made it clear to Sunil, if you really want to move up to the top 15 in the world, you need to have consistency in what you’re doing,” Klinsmann said. “If you react emotionally, you will become a roller coaster.”

Jack's Flow fucked around with this message at 14:14 on Nov 21, 2016

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet
THANK THE gently caress CHRIST

https://twitter.com/ussoccer/status/800793751610425348

Real Name Grover
Feb 13, 2002

Like corn on the cob
Fan of Britches

:glomp:

Nostradingus
Jul 13, 2009

Hoping for kreis but it'll be Bruce arena...

Real Name Grover
Feb 13, 2002

Like corn on the cob
Fan of Britches
Totally fine w/ Arena caretaking thru WC2018, which I imagine is what his contract will be.

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!
Too bad he can't stay on as technical director, but I imagine he'd never accept that demotion. Agree that Arena is a fine caretaker, but we need someone who can continue our progress behind the scenes.

Just...thank loving god I never again have to care about what lineup Jurgen decides to trot out next.

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

Can Arena beat teams like Jamaica and Panama? Because as it stands, this team can't.

Shammypants
May 25, 2004

Let me tell you about true luxury.

Thank god, Klinsmann was loving rear end

Shammypants
May 25, 2004

Let me tell you about true luxury.

Nostradingus posted:

Hoping for kreis but it'll be Bruce arena...

Arena is the best we have, Kreis is second fiddle

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

This seems reasonable:

https://twitter.com/GrantWahl/status/800807812469321732

Bruce Arena has a lot of flaws, duh, but he's not really the kind of guy who plays half his defenders out of position against Mexico just because he didn't like how Yedlin looked against loving Cuba.

wicka fucked around with this message at 22:50 on Nov 21, 2016

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
someone post that article how klinsmann was the perfect candidate to take over the england team

Argyle
Jun 7, 2001

Niwrad posted:

Can Arena beat teams like Jamaica and Panama? Because as it stands, this team can't.

We will after Bruce purges the team of dual nationals and stocks the roster with :911: REAL AMERICANS :911:

DR AIDS
Nov 4, 2008

No shits will be given

shirts and skins posted:

Too bad he can't stay on as technical director, but I imagine he'd never accept that demotion. Agree that Arena is a fine caretaker, but we need someone who can continue our progress behind the scenes.

Just...thank loving god I never again have to care about what lineup Jurgen decides to trot out next.

Yeah no more stupid roster moves, people played out of position, and dumb formations

quote:

questionable coaching decisions by Arena, including not playing Clint Dempsey and putting DaMarcus Beasley on the right wing instead of his favored left against the Czechs, and using a defensive 4-5-1 in the must-win match vs. Ghana which the U.S. eventually lost

Oh.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

DR AIDS posted:

Yeah no more stupid roster moves, people played out of position, and dumb formations

Oh.

All but the absolute greatest national team managers do this poo poo eventually, though. It's not that he was a bad manager, it's that he was in the job for too long. Arena didn't make those mistakes at the beginning of his last tenure and he probably won't be around long enough to do so this time.

Simone Poodoin
Jun 26, 2003

Che storia figata, ragazzo!

Can't wait for Klinsmann to get the Canada job and make them beat the USMNT in the Qatar qualifiers (if Emperor Trump hasn't banned soccer by then)

ephex
Nov 4, 2007

PHWOAR CRIMINAL

Brony Car
May 22, 2014

by Cyrano4747

Jose posted:

someone post that article how klinsmann was the perfect candidate to take over the england team

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/article-3664879/Jurgen-Klinsmann-pick-replace-Roy-Hodgson-favoured-Englishman-turn-foreign-coach.html

stab
Feb 12, 2003

To you from failing hands we throw the torch, be yours to hold it high

Simone Poodoin posted:

Can't wait for Klinsmann to get the Canada job and make them beat the USMNT in the Qatar qualifiers (if Emperor Trump hasn't banned soccer by then)

I'll take him

That's how bad the CMNT program is :(

Mr. Mambold
Feb 13, 2011

Aha. Nice post.

shirts and skins posted:

What kind of progress behind the scenes was Klinsmann responsible for?

edit

lol take him back ephex

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Mr. Mambold posted:

What kind of progress behind the scenes was Klinsmann responsible for?

edit

lol take him back ephex

He handpicked the U20 coaches. I'll save you the time: they bad. Failed to qualify for any U20 World Cups, I think.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

i was thinking of this one actually

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/...n-a7095491.html

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

it is better if you keep saying I'm fat, as I will continue to score goals
Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/kevinmccauley/status/801094904340353024

Lol

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire

good

Mr. Mambold
Feb 13, 2011

Aha. Nice post.

Hahaha, yeah Juergen, it's rigged so that the better teams usually win! :wtc:

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

Ask me about Game Pass: the Best Deal in Gaming!
It wasn't rigged against us, we just crapped out, but it was absolutely rigged for Mexico. It was Korea 2002 poo poo. They had like three games in a row with multiple criminal game changing calls going their way. Remember when the Panamanians almost ended that game to assault the refs instead of continuing playing?

Seltzer fucked around with this message at 18:29 on Nov 22, 2016

FartingBedpost
Aug 24, 2015

Looks like Arena's gonna be the next head coach of the USMNT.

I for one look forward to the great American soccer pairing of Wondo and Donovan up front instead of those wastemen Pulisic and Wood.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

FartingBedpost posted:

Looks like Arena's gonna be the next head coach of the USMNT.

I for one look forward to the great American soccer pairing of Wondo and Donovan up front instead of those wastemen Pulisic and Wood.

I would rather see classically moronic American coaching decisions like this than the next-level retard poo poo Klinsmann was pulling.

E: here we gooooooooo

https://twitter.com/ussoccer/status/801128183814901764

wicka fucked around with this message at 19:22 on Nov 22, 2016

Aggro
Apr 24, 2003

STRONG as an OX and TWICE as SMART
Barf

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

Why can't they get rid of Sunil Gulati?

Tigren
Oct 3, 2003

Niwrad posted:

Gulati ran unopposed for his third term back in 2014. No one else wants the job or everyone else has been bribed out of it.

stab
Feb 12, 2003

To you from failing hands we throw the torch, be yours to hold it high

Seltzer posted:

It wasn't rigged against us, we just crapped out, but it was absolutely rigged for Mexico. It was Korea 2002 poo poo. They had like three games in a row with multiple criminal game changing calls going their way. Remember when the Panamanians almost ended that game to assault the refs instead of continuing playing?

I for one have a tough time believing anything in CONCACAF wouldn't be on the level!!!!!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Mambold
Feb 13, 2011

Aha. Nice post.

Niwrad posted:

Do you have someone better? He and Alan Rothenberg have been there forever. David Stern is probably not available.

• Locked thread