Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Philip Rivers
Mar 15, 2010

honestly i was gonna make a fat camille joke but my first impression is that she'll be good built like irelia since she has a shield, a heal, aa resets, free damage (true on q and max hp shred on w) and bonkers stickiness

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SlyFrog
May 16, 2007

What? One name? Who are you, Seal?
I have a theory that as they add more and more champions to the game, they eventually overload it, and that's why more recent champions are having such a sharp fall off in play.

I know, I have a small brain, but as someone who is probably somewhere between casual and serious in terms of amount of play, I just grow tired of learning the "next" champion, remembering what they do, etc. I think people eventually have a tendency to go with what is comfortable and familiar, and once you get past 100 (or whatever League is up to now in terms of champion numbers) champions plus reworks, a lot of players just play what is familiar (i.e. the standard stuff that was around in the first seasons they played).

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I'M A BIG STUPID IDIOT WHO GETS TRIGGERED FROM THE WORDS SPORTS BALL AND HAS SHIT OPINIONS ABOUT CARD GAMES. ALSO I SAID I WAS GOING TO QUIT HEARTHSTONE OUT OF SPITE OF A TAIWANESE WINNING THE CHAMPIONSHIP SO REPORT ME IF YOU SEE ME POST IN A HS THREAD
Guys we just noticed that a lot of more recent champs like kalista had overloaded kits, anyways here's a 2014 3 damage type bruiser with extra mobility and a better ult, we traded off making a strictly better irelia by making it so she has no butt.

The Mash
Feb 17, 2007

You have to say I can open my presents

How the hell do they work out the passive on someone like Ekko who can be built multiple ways.

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I'M A BIG STUPID IDIOT WHO GETS TRIGGERED FROM THE WORDS SPORTS BALL AND HAS SHIT OPINIONS ABOUT CARD GAMES. ALSO I SAID I WAS GOING TO QUIT HEARTHSTONE OUT OF SPITE OF A TAIWANESE WINNING THE CHAMPIONSHIP SO REPORT ME IF YOU SEE ME POST IN A HS THREAD
The following new champs have been good or interesting additions to the game that do something new without being wildly out of their role or completely overloaded:

1. Jihn

Radical
Apr 6, 2011

of the last 15 or so champions i would say bard, ekko, and jhin are their three most "successful" designs in terms of play rate.

also the new lady just looks like jarvan round 2, but honestly the abilities are much better designed

e. actually if you look at the 15 champions that came out before the most recent 15 (yasuo, thresh, jinx, lucian, lissandra, zac, braum, gnar, etc.) most of these designs are really well liked and played a lot. im not sure their new philosophies on design are really working out that well.

Radical fucked around with this message at 20:41 on Nov 21, 2016

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004

Work Friend Keven posted:

The following new champs have been good or interesting additions to the game that do something new without being wildly out of their role or completely overloaded:

1. Jihn

Ivern is like the second support jungler they've ever done and all of his abilities are pretty simple yet novel

Philip Rivers
Mar 15, 2010

Yeah lol at Riot saying "you gotta be careful or else you'll get blown up!!" like nah I'm just gonna build a Triforce and tanky and take advantage of all that ridiculous sustain and free damage to wreck squishies nonstop and not have to worry about people killing me.

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

Firebert posted:

Ivern is like the second support jungler they've ever done and all of his abilities are pretty simple yet novel

Guess who's got two thumbs and thinks ivern sucks

Super Librarian
Jan 4, 2005

From the patch notes: "We have concluded testing position exclusion in LAN and LAS and saw it was negatively impacting queue times, so will not be continuing development on this feature."

My dream of queuing as "anything but top lane" is dead :(

6.23 patch notes: http://na.leagueoflegends.com/en/news/game-updates/patch/patch-623-notes

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.
Snow Day Graves is my gay santa dream come alive

Radical
Apr 6, 2011

everyone just queued "anything but support" huh, rip that dream.

Taciturn Tactician
Jan 27, 2011

The secret to good health is a balanced diet and unstable healing radiation
Lipstick Apathy
Why isn't this the Poppy remake? Her ult is clearly Riot's best idea of how to make Poppy's old ult without it being unfair. Also imagine the single tear running down the face of every j4 when someone dashes out of their ult and they think "If only Riot loved me as much as robot girls"

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer
New champ has a terrain based mobility move color me shocked

Philip Rivers
Mar 15, 2010

Taciturn Tactician posted:

Why isn't this the Poppy remake? Her ult is clearly Riot's best idea of how to make Poppy's old ult without it being unfair. Also imagine the single tear running down the face of every j4 when someone dashes out of their ult and they think "If only Riot loved me as much as robot girls"

Poppy is cool and fun and her ult is unique, useful, and fits flavor wise so I don't understand this complaint at all??

Taciturn Tactician
Jan 27, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

Philip Rivers posted:

Poppy is cool and fun and her ult is unique, useful, and fits flavor wise so I don't understand this complaint at all??

It's not a complaint, it's just really weird. Imagine if they removed Vayne's silver bolts because they claimed it was unbalanceable and then added Gnar to the game later. It doesn't make Gnar a bad champion or theoretical new Vayne a bad champion, but it seems weird.

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012

Guys we just noticed that a lot of more recent champs like kalista had overloaded kits, anyways here's a 2014 3 damage type bruiser with extra mobility and a better ult, we traded off making a strictly better irelia by making it so she has no butt.

I was going to say Better Xin Zhao, but this works too.

Primetime
Jul 3, 2009

It's not a complaint, it's just really weird. Imagine if they removed Vayne's silver bolts because they claimed it was unbalanceable and then added Gnar to the game later. It doesn't make Gnar a bad champion or theoretical new Vayne a bad champion, but it seems weird.

It's not the first time we've had this either. Jhin really should have been a cait rework at the end of the day. They're both fine champions now, with very different play styles, but it just comes off a bit strange

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012

1. Jihn

2. Kled (Interesting, not good, fills unique counter-niches in raining on escape/pursuit heroes' parades and quick objective clears)

3. Yorick (fairly focused kit based on split pushing and escaping)

4. Ivern (interesting, provides a niche in enabling recent assassin reworks with bushes, disabling, and gap closing for old school heroes)

Think thats about it?

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

Neurolimal posted:

I was going to say Better Xin Zhao, but this works too.

She's like xin with a better jarvin ult and irelia level mobility... lol.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer
What are those hips tho

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012
Voidlings no longer run at sonic speed towards targets beyond 600 range, so rip Pokemalzahar

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Because Poppy's entire aesthetic leaned towards "tough, brawly tank" instead of "hyper fast killzone assassin."

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

Hyper fast trifroce warmogs assassin

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012
Old Poppy's kit still made sense from an assassin point of view; she's blunt, stocky, and armored, and as a result instead of pulling flashy leaps she gets tanky and walks up to her target. Pretty straightforward.

The only real issue IMO was that they didnt bother trying any unique ideas to counter the strategy of "ult support, chase carries", which could have been shut down pretty easily with, say, "Poppy now does 50% less damage to enemies who are not her ult target"

New poppy is fun and cool too, its just that I really liked old poply too :|

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004

Kashuno posted:

What are those hips tho

Each leg is powered by a jet engine

Aumanor
Nov 9, 2012
So one goon here predicted a while ago that this change to Malzahar will turn out to be a buff and I'm racking my brains trying to fugure out how thay think that would work? They've completely murdered his waveclear and his w start. Seems to me that the only place he'll be even barely passable now will be the jungle.

Philip Rivers
Mar 15, 2010

Hmm how do we make a balanced character, I know, let's give her everything a bruiser could ever want and see how it works out

Philip Rivers
Mar 15, 2010

The only way that kit could be more overloaded is if she had an execute, but to be fair the Own Zone is practically the same thing

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

Firebert posted:

Each leg is powered by a jet engine

Each jet engine is powered by my extreme hornyness

Teikanmi
Dec 16, 2006

by R. Guyovich
So basically it's Fiora with more hip fat

Anyways, looks strong since she has the big 3:

QWER all do damage
Mobility
AoE CC

Servaetes
Sep 10, 2003

False enemy or true friend?
This character looks really stupid

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED
Camille will be the new tank ekko top mark my words.

Catgirl Al Capone
Dec 15, 2007

poppy turning crits + %HP bonus + sheen proc into a magic damage auto reset nuke was cool, wish more champs had simple stuff like that that hosed with the game "rules"

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012
The more I see of her, the more I wish we got that baron instead.

Sexpansion posted:

Camille will be the new tank ekko top mark my words.

You'd think after the hundredth time they'd stop giving heroes they want to be squishy assassins % damage or true damage, but nooooooope.

Taciturn Tactician
Jan 27, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

Teikanmi posted:

So basically it's Fiora with more hip fat

Anyways, looks strong since she has the big 3:

QWER all do damage
Mobility
AoE CC

R doesn't directly do damage I think, it just gives her damage on autos against the target.

Radical
Apr 6, 2011

she isnt an assassin, she isn't even tagged as one. shes a fighter like irelia.

Philip Rivers
Mar 15, 2010

Radical posted:

fighter like irelia.

does riot ever learn?

Teikanmi
Dec 16, 2006

by R. Guyovich
I mean at least she doesn't have a CC immunity

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RealityWarCriminal