Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Avshalom
Feb 14, 2012

by Lowtax
my favourite miracle organ is the liver. vanya's liver was reduced to a lump of non-functional scar tissue about the size of a raisin after his impacted gall bladder disaster, but after his gall bladder was fixed his liver had totally regrown and was at close to 100% functioning again within a year

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Submarine Sandpaper
May 27, 2007

i read that as miracle orgasm is the liver.

I have not had liver that good since my teens.

ass struggle
Dec 25, 2012

by Athanatos
I, too, love my liver

loliver

pangstrom
Jan 25, 2003

Wedge Regret
I love livers so much that I hate eating them because they are wonderful things, livers are, and also taste gross.

Submarine Sandpaper
May 27, 2007

I don't really trust my frozen chicken livers since I only get one per bird and never collect enough to make a pate or anything in a reasonable time so my doggy usually gets them.

I need to find people to feed so I can cook more.

Avshalom
Feb 14, 2012

by Lowtax
barbecued chicken hearts are drat good

liver has never really appealed to me as a food, it kind of tastes like piss

Avshalom
Feb 14, 2012

by Lowtax
i just found a guy on jdate who's 6'9" and based on that criterion alone i think my mother would date him even though he's also 24. should i try it?

Aves Maria!
Jul 26, 2008

Maybe I'll drown
I eat chicken livers to gain their powers

pangstrom
Jan 25, 2003

Wedge Regret

Gin and Juche posted:

Supposedly it was some disease but I forgot the name of it.

What's especially weird is about 6 months in he gave up on the renal diet and it really didn't make a difference.
(After looking into it I guess kidney disease does actually get better on its own sometimes, and stage 4 isn't actually total failure, that's stage 5)

pangstrom fucked around with this message at 21:52 on Nov 21, 2016

Avshalom
Feb 14, 2012

by Lowtax

Eugene V. Dabs posted:

I eat chicken livers to gain their powers
what powers? i can tell you for a fact chickens are rubbish at holding their liquor

Aves Maria!
Jul 26, 2008

Maybe I'll drown

Avshalom posted:

what powers? i can tell you for a fact chickens are rubbish at holding their liquor

the power to peck the poo poo out of my enemies and drown in rainstorms

Avshalom
Feb 14, 2012

by Lowtax
keets are even worse at holding their liquor

Avshalom
Feb 14, 2012

by Lowtax
...this guy's profile picture is of him passionately embracing a bottle of moet

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

*Gestures at 60 years of Lions history*

Avshalom posted:

...this guy's profile picture is of him passionately embracing a bottle of moet

does it keep him pissy?

DSLAM
Apr 4, 2008

I travelled to Oslo, Norway and got hammered. My taxi driver is one of our new countrymen as they are called, cool guy that has worked in Red Cross. At a bar I met some people that thought they could convince me of their choice of white supremacy, I belittled them and mocked their thinly veiled arguments. But when I think back I realize that I have very thin skin when it comes to human rights. How can I tolerate the new nationalism mixed with folksy racism? It just seems that people don't really care any more and I feel like a raving lunatic talking about equality and rights instead of complaining of refugees eating at our local fast food joints WITH MY TAX MONEY.

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

*Gestures at 60 years of Lions history*

DSLAM posted:

I travelled to Oslo, Norway and got hammered. My taxi driver is one of our new countrymen as they are called, cool guy that has worked in Red Cross. At a bar I met some people that thought they could convince me of their choice of white supremacy, I belittled them and mocked their thinly veiled arguments. But when I think back I realize that I have very thin skin when it comes to human rights. How can I tolerate the new nationalism mixed with folksy racism? It just seems that people don't really care any more and I feel like a raving lunatic talking about equality and rights instead of complaining of refugees eating at our local fast food joints WITH MY TAX MONEY.

apathy and cynicism

Gin and Juche
Apr 3, 2008

The Highest Judge of Paradise
Shiki Eiki
YAMAXANADU

pangstrom posted:

(After looking into it I guess kidney disease does actually get better on its own sometimes, and stage 4 isn't actually total failure, that's stage 5)

He had something like 10% function left and they said they were so scared they were basically shot.

Although the entire thing never made sense to the doctors because at stage 4 people are delirious from either sickness or pain meds but he seemed as healthy and energetic as he ever was. :iiam:

Disinterested
Jun 29, 2011

You look like you're still raking it in. Still killing 'em?
liver is great food

but a little and infrequently

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

My dad was in the hospital for a week and they decided IBS was close enough and said he had that. But some weirdo version that made the label pointless.

Avshalom
Feb 14, 2012

by Lowtax
and this other guy's profile picture is of about eight young men in three-piece suits and bow ties staring intensely at the camera, with no indication of which one is actually the user (i like to think it's a package deal)

Disinterested
Jun 29, 2011

https://twitter.com/mathewrodriguez/status/800786820158132225

Disinterested
Jun 29, 2011

my sister and i bonded over powerful mutual hatred of gwyneth paltrow, for years

she has been inadvertently important to my life

Disinterested
Jun 29, 2011

https://twitter.com/jeremycorbyn/status/800779565119336449

inspirational

Disinterested
Jun 29, 2011

https://twitter.com/jeremycorbyn/status/800769499871920129

yeah!

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold
we as a species should unify behind launching the person who came up with "the internet of things" into the sun

Matoi Ryuko
Jan 6, 2004

I do not know what liver tastes like, I only know that it is useful for catching fish. Which fish I do not know. Probably catfish.

Aves Maria!
Jul 26, 2008

Maybe I'll drown
when I finally master the chicken language, I will be unstoppable

Submarine Sandpaper
May 27, 2007

when you get catfished some temporary liver abuse can make it not a disaster

Avshalom
Feb 14, 2012

by Lowtax

Disinterested posted:

my sister and i bonded over powerful mutual hatred of gwyneth paltrow, for years

she has been inadvertently important to my life
my father and i bonded over a powerful mutual love of leonard cohen. when leonard died dad made several cryptic posts about being his secret illegitimate child, then disappeared off social media and has not been seen since online or irl by anyone except his de facto wife so we're all assuming he's not really coping but is still alive

Avshalom
Feb 14, 2012

by Lowtax
my father does not cope, as a general rule, with anything

Aves Maria!
Jul 26, 2008

Maybe I'll drown
My brother and I bond over full communism now, we're a simple family

ComradeCosmobot
Dec 4, 2004

USPOL July

Eugene V. Dabs posted:

My brother and I bond over full communism now, we're a simple family

:same:

pangstrom
Jan 25, 2003

Wedge Regret
My brother and I bond over The Denver Broncos and my mom being nutty and to a much lesser extent video games.

Avshalom
Feb 14, 2012

by Lowtax
any supporter of full communism now is, by default, my brother

Aves Maria!
Jul 26, 2008

Maybe I'll drown
ugh the broncos

Avshalom posted:

any supporter of full communism now is, by default, my brother

:yeah:

Rodatose
Jul 8, 2008

corn, corn, corn

Avshalom posted:

having read the best survivalist manual written in our time, mccarthy's the road, i understand that in months to come no matter what i do only divine grace will stand between me and death, and also that hope is a cruel lie and the best thing to do is just shoot myself at the first sign of societal deterioration

i know it's a different book but have you considered joining the glanton gang

Avshalom
Feb 14, 2012

by Lowtax
i take my lessons on how to live my life entirely from the works of cohen, the road, and one hundred years of solitude

Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS

Raskolnikov38 posted:

we as a species should unify behind launching the person who came up with "the internet of things" into the sun

Sounds like a job for Big Data and Industry 4.0.

kustomkarkommando
Oct 22, 2012

quote:

A historian has discovered a royal decree issued to Donald Trump’s grandfather ordering him to leave Germany and never come back.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rodatose
Jul 8, 2008

corn, corn, corn
are you ready for one hundred years of radditude??

*does skateboard trick so insane that the skateboard goes straight through my chest in the one place it wouldn't kill me*

• Locked thread