Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Gringostar
Nov 12, 2016
Morbid Hound

nopants posted:

Yeah, but that will make CEOs awful mad. Have you even thought that about that?

Gringostar posted:

who cares, gently caress republicans

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sylink
Apr 17, 2004

The Ohio Democrats appear to not be learning

quote:

Donald Trump will be President of the United States.

As bitter a pill that is to swallow -- we are already seeing President-Elect Trump cobble together a team of 'swamp-dwelling' Republicans whose only qualification is that they managed to kiss Trump's gold ring on the campaign. And now they are looking to enact his dangerous vision for America.

As Ohio Democrats, we need to be the first line of defense against Trump and Republicans. And one way to do that is to join the ODP Truth Team.

That's why in 2017 we are relaunching the ODP Truth Team as a rapid-response coalition of volunteers, writers, fact-checkers and even artists coming together in full force against the party of Trump.

When you join the Truth Team, you'll be the very first to fight back against the misinformation, half-truths and outright lies of the kind that Trump and Republicans used to take the presidency (and will continue to use to enact their radical agenda).

Keep hope. Democratic ideals will beat out intolerance and bigotry -- but in times like this our message needs to be stronger and louder than ever before.

comingafteryouall
Aug 2, 2011

Serf posted:

I wonder how far I could get into a speech about how race is a social construct invented by the global capitalist elite for the purpose of dividing the lower class that has been perpetuated for centuries before I started to sound like Bizarro World Alex Jones

You could actually talk about the history of chattel slavery and colonization and its relationship with our current understanding of race and sound completely reasonable.

Unfortunately, you get bogged down with idiots who will argue to their death about how Africa was less developed than other parts of the world for a reason.

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

Yinlock posted:

"why bother" is the exact attitude that got us into this mess

get pissed and do something

Seriously, the gops rise was not inevitable. This election was not won by trump, it was lost by hillary. Saying gently caress it is exactly how this situation happened to begin with.

100 degrees Calcium
Jan 23, 2011

Al! posted:

basically i dont think the left is going to make any progress until they bury this pathological need to be Correct about everything. fishmech is basically the elemental representation of this concept

Well we could operate on being Incorrect about everything but that didn't work so hot in the 2016 election.

Gringostar
Nov 12, 2016
Morbid Hound

100 degrees Calcium posted:

Well we could operate on being Incorrect about everything but that didn't work so hot in the 2016 election.

maybe... the truth is in the middle?

Karl Barks
Jan 21, 1981

we need to do a fact finding mission to stormfront or something to see if they have fishmech esque characters as well

ChickenOfTomorrow
Nov 11, 2012

god damn it, you've got to be kind

GlyphGryph posted:

What's the demand?

"no fascist USA" is as close to a demand as I see. Most of the flyers I spotted are from anarchists.

Karl Barks
Jan 21, 1981

loving... no. blackface4488, the white race is not simply the best race on earth, they are divinely inspired creations of god, superior to everything in the universe, you uneducated moron dipshit.

Gringostar
Nov 12, 2016
Morbid Hound

Karl Barks posted:

we need to do a fact finding mission to stormfront or something to see if they have fishmech esque characters as well

i think a cultural exchange would be better

get them a few accounts here and let fishmech post there for a bit

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

worked for the other guys

nobody cared that 80% of the mouth sounds produced by trump were blatant falsehoods and they won't in the next election eithed

Serf
May 5, 2011

comingafteryouall posted:

You could actually talk about the history of chattel slavery and colonization and its relationship with our current understanding of race and sound completely reasonable.

Unfortunately, you get bogged down with idiots who will argue to their death about how Africa was less developed than other parts of the world for a reason.

I fear those people would be completely unreachable. And it's not as if the global capitalist elite wouldn't be able to find someone to swallow their bullshit all the way into oblivion.

Actually, given how pretty much everyone was incorrect during the election, we ought to have at least a few people working on backup plans just in case everything we think turns out to be a wrong again

Karl Barks
Jan 21, 1981

well i live in something called REALITY, unlike you Xx_whiteandproud_xX

GlyphGryph
Jun 23, 2013

Down came the glitches and burned us in ditches and we slept after eating our dead.

nopants posted:

Yeah, but that will make CEOs awful mad. Have you even thought that about that?

there is such a bias against people who have led successful and/or complicated lives

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

ChickenOfTomorrow posted:

"no fascist USA" is as close to a demand as I see. Most of the flyers I spotted are from anarchists.

if you want to get involved in direct action over the next few years imo the anarchists are your best bet

Karl Barks
Jan 21, 1981

racist fishmech posted:

Ah, so you're incapable of reading posts. The conversation is about race science vs phrenology, and Steve Bannon is firmly on the side of phrenology. The things he's doing right now that you're jizzing over, are phrenology.

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

Karl Barks posted:

loving... no. blackface4488, the white race is not simply the best race on earth, they are divinely inspired creations of god, superior to everything in the universe, you uneducated moron dipshit.

Replace words with 40k terms then yes exactly

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

Sylink posted:

What's bad about this?

Gringostar
Nov 12, 2016
Morbid Hound

Venom Snake posted:

What's bad about this?

not going full communism now apparently

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

loquacius posted:

Thanks to the Internet no one born after 1985 or so can realistically go into office ever

The rise and fall of Ken Bone is a cautionary tale.

100 degrees Calcium
Jan 23, 2011

Serf posted:

Actually, given how pretty much everyone was incorrect during the election, we ought to have at least a few people working on backup plans just in case everything we think turns out to be a wrong again

The democrats should assign groups to address various issues and domains of American concern, whose jobs it is to accurately report with accurate and thorough analysis rather than just ride the YAS QUEEN train. Like some sort of Democratic party dialectic organization.

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

Venom Snake posted:

What's bad about this?

they think truth matters

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

Sylink posted:

So is that like an unpaid intern version of Correct the Record, or...?

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

SHY NUDIST GRRL posted:

Replace words with 40k terms then yes exactly

an open mind is like a border with its gates unbarred and unguarded

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

comingafteryouall
Aug 2, 2011

ugh, no HitlerLovedDogs1488, the new tier lists for races in Trumps America are:

White
Asian
Mulatto
Hispanic
Black

Hispanics have been downgraded. I can't believe you would post here without this cursory knowledge and I hope you gently caress off and die.

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

Venom Snake posted:

What's bad about this?

we are post-reality. nobody cares about facts and having people checking them doesn't do much good

Former Everything
Nov 28, 2007

Is this right?

Sylink posted:

The Kentucky Democrats sent me a request for a donation today and on facebook shared the Kurt Eichenwald article about how Bernie Sanders would have also lost the GE. This is the same party apparatus that managed to lose a 96-year majority in the House to Republicans, including a Republican who was literally kicked out of the Republican party for being an open racist on social media.

I'm sure me sending you $250.00 or whatever would be a very good use of my loving money.

DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/SenSanders/status/800807231449169920

So much for the whole "working with Trump on common issues like infrastructure" approach, I guess

Serf
May 5, 2011

The democrats should assign groups to address various issues and domains of American concern, whose jobs it is to accurately report with accurate and thorough analysis rather than just ride the YAS QUEEN train. Like some sort of Democratic party dialectic organization.

I would be very interested in seeing some articles about how polls were conducted during this last election since the vast majority of them were dead wrong.

Also how does any pollster still have a job no matter who they work for

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo
https://twitter.com/SenSanders/status/800808819362250752

comingafteryouall
Aug 2, 2011

Fullhouse posted:

we are post-reality. nobody cares about facts and having people checking them doesn't do much good

Yeah, they should be sending that money to some fake news propagandist outlets instead.

GlyphGryph
Jun 23, 2013

Down came the glitches and burned us in ditches and we slept after eating our dead.

Sylink posted:

Yeah, they need to play offense and not defense. Spread stories about bad Trump, don't just half-heartedly correct the ones that support him. (This should be done while also fixing themselves from within)

ChickenOfTomorrow posted:

That's not a very concrete demand. A 4-year general strike seems pretty difficult to get people on board with, especially when it sort of sounds like you're saying "subvert democracy".

Hopefully the anarchists do put the pressure on and get some direct action going and build some real power, enough to scare people. That's a traditionally valuable tool in the leftist arsenal, someone to point to and say "Well, you can go with the poo poo we're proposing or you can have us all join those guys in loving things up, what do you say?"

Serf
May 5, 2011

DaveWoo posted:

So much for the whole "working with Trump on common issues like infrastructure" approach, I guess

I read up on the details of the plan and hoo boy would that plan not help anyone at all.

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

DaveWoo posted:

trump never wanted to actually fix infrastructure lol

his plan is a scam and bernie is entirely right to oppose it

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

DaveWoo posted:

its impossible to find common ground with someone who's standing in a 100-foot yacht

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

Fullhouse posted:

are you really asking why fighting propaganda is important?

Karl Sharks
Feb 20, 2008

The Immortal Science of Sharksism-Fininism

DaveWoo posted:

turns out it wasn't a common goal at all!

Karl Sharks
Feb 20, 2008

The Immortal Science of Sharksism-Fininism

Serf posted:

I read up on the details of the plan and hoo boy would that plan not help anyone at all.

anyone?

corporations are people, my friend

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Serf
May 5, 2011

Venom Snake posted:

are you really asking why fighting propaganda is important?

really the only answer is counter-propaganda, whether it is factual or not is secondary to it being inflammatory

• Locked thread