Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

Manatee Cannon posted:

logan's dead and laura's not canadian

I thought Laura was also Canadian? I've never seen any evidence otherwise, the Facility was a morally-questionable lab in the frozen wastes, which is pretty much what Marvel Canada is known for (other than sassy billboards).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Gaz-L posted:

Squirrel Girl represents all of North America (she's got dual US/Canadian citizenship, per this month's USG)

Mexico :colbert:

SilverSupernova
Feb 1, 2013

X-O posted:

Poor Missouri.

I am 100% okay with being represented by Dr. Strange.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

Waffleman_ posted:

Enjoy an exclusive interview with the creative team behind America's upcoming ongoing.

I am very happy that the queer Latina series is being written by a queer Latina.

America actually being written by a queer Latina is amazing news. Ty marvel

I also want to see what funny classes she comes up with for America's multiversity studies

Adnor
Jan 11, 2013

Justice for Daisy

Why is Sunspot the Avenger of Oregon instead of the Avenger of Brazil?

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Because Brazil isn't a state.

Adnor
Jan 11, 2013

Justice for Daisy

But Deadpool is the Avenger of Canada and Captain Britain the Avenger of the United Kingdom, so there could be a Avenger of Brazil :colbert:

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Canada is America's neighbor and the UK is America's dad. They count.

Trast
Oct 20, 2010

Three games, thousands of playthroughs. 90% of the players don't know I exist. Still a redhead saving the galaxy with a [Right Hook].

:edi:
Ant-Man for Florida works. We've got tons of native and invasive types of the little buggers for him to call on.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Plus he lives there as well.

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

Texas should have got Scarlet Spider, the best Peter Parker clone. :colbert:

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

I thought he was dead. or is he not anymore?

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

There's more than one of those and also the whole thing seems to be full of dead characters.

DivineCoffeeBinge
Mar 3, 2011

Spider-Man's Amazing Construction Company

Aphrodite posted:

There's more than one of those and also the whole thing seems to be full of dead characters.

Namor - dead for a little bit longer but currently in the process of getting undeadified in Squadron Supreme
Whizzer - dead for, like, ages and ages
Two-Gun Kid - dead of old age
Sentry - maybe dead? I guess? gently caress it's the Sentry who even knows
Irredemable Ant-Man - dead, evil LMD running around
Jocasta - who the gently caress even knows, she's always getting blown up, but let's say dead

eh, 6 out of 50 ain't too bad, especially since at least one will be alive again in a month or two and two of them have a history of being dead but returning with little to no explanation.

Decius
Oct 14, 2005

Ramrod XTreme

Manatee Cannon posted:

I thought he was dead. or is he not anymore?

Back alive in Amazing Spider-man this week (and last issue), although with fatal zombie illness (not contagious unlike the clone zombie illness that's the story arc)

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
Two-Gun has been time hopped, he's supposed to go back at some point because there are stories of him back in his original time but then he showed up in the Arizona Initiative and they were like "oh yeah he hasn't gone back yet, those stories are in the future . . . past."

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

Decius posted:

Back alive in Amazing Spider-man this week (and last issue), although with fatal zombie illness (not contagious unlike the clone zombie illness that's the story arc)

I thought it was just Clone Degeneration that The Other was apparently keeping in check (despite the Clone Degeneration having already been cured by him falling in a vat of Anti-Venom goo, a story Dan Slott himself wrote)

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Waffleman_ posted:

Canada is America's neighbor and the UK is America's dad. They count.

Brazil is America's sexy girlfriend that lives far away, you wouldn't know her, but she's totally real.

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Gaz-L posted:

Brazil is America's sexy girlfriend that lives far away, you wouldn't know her, but she's totally real.

Does that mean Japan is America's uncle who totally works for Nintendo?

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

no, japan exists

unlike brazil. sorry brazil

rantmo
Jul 30, 2003

A smile better suits a hero

DivineCoffeeBinge posted:

Sentry - maybe dead? I guess? gently caress it's the Sentry who even knows

Angels twins from when he was Apocalypse brought him back as a Horseman (along with Daken and Banshee because gently caress it, why not) and I guess he's still alive maybe? I really didn't like that story.

Nobby
Sep 10, 2006

Everyone cries when they're stabbed. There's no shame in that.
Hey, +1 to Marvel's ranks of LGBTQ heroes who've been around for a while. Only this one's a mentally unstable bear with low self-esteem and a massive unrequited crush on Steve Rogers who sometimes starts rambling about Infinity Gems.

Somehow I doubt D-Man will ruffle as many feathers as Iceman.

Mulva
Sep 13, 2011
It's about time for my once per decade ban for being a consistently terrible poster.
Does he want to have sex with dudes not Steve Rogers? Nothing gay about a man wanting to have sex with Captain America.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

Mulva posted:

Does he want to have sex with dudes not Steve Rogers? Nothing gay about a man wanting to have sex with Captain America.

He has a boyfriend

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Decius posted:

Wait, so they brought Kaine back just to kill him again?

I mean I know Kaine dying is a running joke but goddamn.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Fox has announced the new director for Deadpool 2.

It's John Wick's David Leitch.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

That's more for the movie thread, where it's already been discussed.

Decius
Oct 14, 2005

Ramrod XTreme

Nobby posted:

Hey, +1 to Marvel's ranks of LGBTQ heroes who've been around for a while. Only this one's a mentally unstable bear with low self-esteem and a massive unrequited crush on Steve Rogers who sometimes starts rambling about Infinity Gems.

Somehow I doubt D-Man will ruffle as many feathers as Iceman.

Is that even new? I thought he mentioned his boyfriend early on in Captain America in passing. But anyway, I really like D-Man in CA. I just hope they don't do the same thing as Spider-Woman just did with their loveable ex-D-list villain sidekick.

Also, this was a goddamn heartwarming issue, a great pick-me-up.

Decius fucked around with this message at 07:37 on Nov 21, 2016

The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

Only two contestants left! Here is Doom's chance for revenge...

Wheat Loaf posted:

I quite enjoy that they thought to position Captain Britain strategically there.

Great spot. Somebody did their job on that one.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

X-O posted:

Poor Missouri.

It just hit me watching the thumbnail on my phone that all the covers make up the flag. I'm not a smart man.

plainswalker75
Feb 22, 2003

Pigs are smarter than Bears, but they can't ride motorcycles
Hair Elf

ImpAtom posted:

Wait, so they brought Kaine back just to kill him again?

I mean I know Kaine dying is a running joke but goddamn.

I guess? They pulled The Other cop-out (literally) and had him punch his way out of a giant spider-corpse, but he's still a clone, I guess? Or maybe not because his clone degeneration is different from the zombie clone degeneration? Dead No More hasn't exactly been stellar thus far.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Al Ewing and Jonboy Meyers (who just quit on Rebirth Teen Titans) have an Inhumans comic coming with the ResurrXion event.
http://au.ign.com/articles/2016/11/21/the-inhuman-royal-family-returns-to-space-in-new-marvel-comic

The Royal family, a couple of Nu-Inhumans and Marvel Boy are off the the Kree homeworld to investigate the origins of Terrigenesis.

From the title not being 'Inhumans', I'm guessing Soule's got an Earth based title focusing on the new characters.

e: There's gotta be multiple titles to share that Black Bolt symbol, anyhow.

Teenage Fansub fucked around with this message at 21:45 on Nov 21, 2016

trashbuilder
Dec 26, 2013

Look at all the poor opinions I have
that art is pretty devientart. Still gonna have to read it because Ewing is on fire right now. His worst thing is new avengers which is still very very good

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

trashbuilder posted:

that art is pretty devientart.

I'm not sure the cover is Jonboy, cause this is what his Teen Titan art looked like.

Not very excited about his part in this. I appreciate the vibrancy, but that anime influence style isn't my thing.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I simply appreciate that his name is Jonboy.

trashbuilder
Dec 26, 2013

Look at all the poor opinions I have
That art is pretty meh. Ewing loses the artist lottery on everything other than ultimates.

Jonboy is a good name......

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

Jonboy does good art.

Though I wish he stayed on Teen Titans instead because I don't care about Inhumans at all.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Isn't Jonboy what Garfield's Jon is called by his family?

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Ewing writing the Inhumans? Thank you Marvel.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

That art is better than average.

• Locked thread