Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sion
Oct 16, 2004

"I'm the boss of space. That's plenty."

Jamesman posted:

I think it woulda been cooler if his origin was somehow related to getting another Falcon suit prototype and weaponizing it. I have literally no idea what they're doing for this movie.

Remember, Sony are involved in it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

I would put good money on the same people who greenlit Harry's Xtreme Winter Sports goblin outfit being responsible for this.

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

"First off, let me start by saying curly light blond hair does not suit Hyomin at all. Furthermore,"
Fun Shoe

Sion posted:

Remember, Sony are involved in it.

Yeah. I don't know how much they can incorporate MCU-side stuff, or if they even want to.

It just seemed like a more "organic" fit for the movies, since you have already established these test suits and could have them be an inspiration for a weaponized version. Maybe Hammer Industries being involved and engineering something based off of the Falcon suit with a more lethal spin and flair, as he likes to do. Hammer working with Osborn to make tech that's sort of a twisted take on the Avengers. A... dark Avengers, if you will.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.
Alternatively, this may be his first look and he later upgrades to a full-on suit.

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST

achillesforever6 posted:

I know I'm going to sound really defensive, especially since some people think its destined to bomb and fail because Sony will somehow gently caress this up, but I'm sure Michael Keaton will make it work, when has he given a bad performance?

I'm not making any commentary on the performance or the movie quality. I just think that costume is ugly.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Jamesman posted:

Yeah. I don't know how much they can incorporate MCU-side stuff, or if they even want to.

It just seemed like a more "organic" fit for the movies, since you have already established these test suits and could have them be an inspiration for a weaponized version. Maybe Hammer Industries being involved and engineering something based off of the Falcon suit with a more lethal spin and flair, as he likes to do. Hammer working with Osborn to make tech that's sort of a twisted take on the Avengers. A... dark Avengers, if you will.
Now is a perfect time to do a film version of a story arc like Reign or the Dark Avengers now that a less competent Norman Osborn is running this country

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

*Israeli Government-affiliated poster

Cythereal posted:

Alternatively, this may be his first look and he later upgrades to a full-on suit.

Yeah, this is his first suit and his final one is a green tactical suit and helmet with green eyes that is in the concept art. Shocker also has a homemade suit and the Tinkerer is in the movie, so the theory is that the Tinkerer builds both of them "final" suits.

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
I think it's fair enough. If Vilture is being done as a street level baddie, it'd be fine for him having a sort of utilitarian or thrown-together-looking suit.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

SonicRulez posted:

I'm not making any commentary on the performance or the movie quality. I just think that costume is ugly.

A vulture costume should be ugly.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
It's not like vulture has ever looked cool. He's an old guy in a bird costume

SlimGoodbody
Oct 20, 2003

Aphrodite posted:

Agreed, I really like the suit for this very reason. Plus, it gives me an "evil Rocketeer" vibe

CzarChasm
Mar 14, 2009

I don't like it when you're watching me eat.

Aphrodite posted:

Actually, that's a pretty good point. What I want though, is a slight color variation on the bomber jacket look. Blood red helmet, black bomber jacket with the white collar and make the pants brown in stead of green.

It should look like something that someone who was scavenging for scraps would throw together hastily. You have 2 minutes to assemble a full villain costume from this dumpster of generic henchman castoffs - GO!

CzarChasm fucked around with this message at 22:06 on Nov 19, 2016

mycot
Oct 23, 2014

"It's okay. There are other Terminators! Just give us this one!"
Hell Gem

site posted:

It's not like vulture has ever looked cool. He's an old guy in a bird costume

I was going to say, isn't the 'Classic' Vulture costume just green tights with a Dr. Seuss furry collar?

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I see the extended cut of Suicide Squad is on streaming, has anyone bothered to watch it? Is is like BvS where it makes a bad movie mediocre?

There was also a thing I heard on a podcast is that DC lightening up (or at least looking like they are) is probably a good idea, the next 4 years is going to suck and having depressing and dark superhero movies isn't exactly going to go over well.

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

I've been involved in a number of cults, both as a leader and a follower.

You have more fun as a follower. But you make more money as a leader.

Jamesman posted:

Well Iron Man is in the movie, so I don't think mentioning the Falcon exists would be crossing a line. Even with Sony's involvement I think it's pretty firmly in the MCU.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
Justice League Dark has Matt Ryan in it !!!!!!!!!! :holy:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MbA8TKIeJ7g

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

twistedmentat posted:

I see the extended cut of Suicide Squad is on streaming, has anyone bothered to watch it? Is is like BvS where it makes a bad movie mediocre?

There was also a thing I heard on a podcast is that DC lightening up (or at least looking like they are) is probably a good idea, the next 4 years is going to suck and having depressing and dark superhero movies isn't exactly going to go over well.

I've heard the opposite, the extra stuff apparently is inconsequential and messes up the only part of the movie that has any flow. I've not seen it myself as I have no desire to revisit the film.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
The extended cut is the version i watched the other day

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

It's more Joker, right? So who wants that?

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

There's more joker stuff but it's pointless

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

More Joker you say?

quote:

The Joker: Let old Joker put a smile on that sad face! A smile… of blood! (he holds up a dead raccoon with Christmas lights on it that spell the word “AIDS”) Aw… did the bad man scare you? What if I… go pee-pee on the Bible!
Government agent: You’ve gone too far, Joker! Stop!
The Joker: Uh oh! This clown needs to wipe up this mess… and this should do nicely… (he reaches for an American flag)
Government agent: I’m questioning everything!

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

FlamingLiberal posted:

There's more joker stuff but it's pointless

Joker stuff these days tends to be pointless.

Lurdiak posted:

More Joker you say?

This sounds pretty much what the Joker does these days. And guys with Joker tattoos eat that poo poo up.

SlimGoodbody
Oct 20, 2003

Lurdiak posted:

More Joker you say?

:perfect:

Scaramouche
Mar 26, 2001

SPACE FACE! SPACE FACE!

Source for that quote if you want more:
http://chainsawsuit.com/2016/08/08/saw-it-for-you-suicide-squad-2016/

SlimGoodbody
Oct 20, 2003

:captainpop: :chanpop:

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

I just saw Doctor Strange and let me tell you, the only thing strange about that guy was how bad his American accent was.

Ignite Memories
Feb 27, 2005

Rocksicles posted:

I got Justice League Light so I can catch Solomon Grundy

BravestOfTheLamps
Oct 12, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy

twistedmentat posted:

It was always going to get lighter after the movie about how shady corporate powers manipulate popular hysteria to kill good. The only way is up :v:

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

BravestOfTheLamps posted:

It was always going to get lighter after the movie about how shady corporate powers manipulate popular hysteria to kill good. The only way is up :v:

Probably.

Sounds like there will be a teaser for Homecoming before Rogue One.

Unkempt
May 24, 2003

...perfect spiral, scientists are still figuring it out...

Rocksicles posted:

Wait, Constantine does magic exactly the same way that Doctor Strange does now? How long has this been going on?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Unkempt posted:

Wait, Constantine does magic exactly the same way that Doctor Strange does now? How long has this been going on?

New 52 John is a full on magician rather than a con man.

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

*Israeli Government-affiliated poster

quote:

Academy Award-nominated actress Angela Bassett has joined the cast of Marvel Studios’ “Black Panther.” Bassett, who currently stars in “American Horror Story,” will play Ramonda, mother of T’Challa, aka Black Panther.

https://news.marvel.com/movies/55317/angela-bassett-boards-marvels-black-panther/

Omnomnomnivore
Nov 14, 2010

I'm swiftly moving toward a solution which pleases nobody! YEAGGH!
I've been on the internet so long I remember when nerds all wanted her to play Storm.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Black Panther can only disappoint at this point, right...?

Omnomnomnivore posted:

I've been on the internet so long I remember when nerds all wanted her to play Storm.

She can still play Storm as far as I'm concerned.

mikeraskol
May 3, 2006

Oh yeah. I was killing you.

Lobok posted:

Black Panther can only disappoint at this point, right...?

Weird mindset to have.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

mikeraskol posted:

Weird mindset to have.

You're right. I shouldn't let 2016 make me pessimistic. The next phase of Marvel looks like it could be their best yet.

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

Assuming anyone is left alive after 2016 to watch movies

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

purple death ray posted:

Assuming anyone is left alive after 2016 to watch movies

Hey now, there will be plenty of wealthy people who will enjoy watching films in their waterproof bunkers as a comforting distraction from the screams of the poor.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

ImpAtom posted:

Hey now, there will be plenty of wealthy people who will enjoy watching films in their waterproof bunkers as a comforting distraction from the screams of the poor.

"The Poor" is their cute nickname for the zombie hordes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

"First off, let me start by saying curly light blond hair does not suit Hyomin at all. Furthermore,"
Fun Shoe

ImpAtom posted:

But will they tolerate a movie with so many black people in it?

• Locked thread