Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
http://www.psp-tv.com/r/NiteCrew
This poll is closed.
500562 49.92%
139 0.01%
153 0.02%
500888 49.95%
940 0.09%
Total: 1002682 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Augus posted:

I'd say better advice is "don't pretend like everything is just going to be fine and work itself out while the president is handpicking the absolute worst people in the country to be his inner circle"
or alternatively
"don't act like it's a good thing that he was merely telling bold-faced lies and fanning the flames of racial tension to get into the most powerful office in the nation"

i mean thats what "don't normalize trump" boils down to

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Party Boat
Nov 1, 2007

where did that other dog come from

who is he

at this point I'm ready to believe that Kobach flashing homeland security papers at press was deliberate to get the talking points out there, it's not unknown as a tactic

or he might just be a moron

RandomBlue
Dec 30, 2012

hay guys!

Biscuit Hider

Augus posted:

I'd say better advice is "don't pretend like everything is just going to be fine and work itself out while the president is handpicking the absolute worst people in the country to be his inner circle"
or alternatively
"don't act like it's a good thing that he was merely telling bold-faced lies and fanning the flames of racial tension to get into the most powerful office in the nation"

Who is doing any of this? (except possibly pro-Trump people) I see lots of people making similar arguments/statements but they're not actually arguing with anyone. You're arguing with yourself and you agree, so stop it.

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

Karl Sharks posted:

i thought it was like the highlander, there can only be one and they try to kill each other?

we should only be so lucky

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar

Party Boat posted:

at this point I'm ready to believe that Kobach flashing homeland security papers at press was deliberate to get the talking points out there, it's not unknown as a tactic

or he might just be a moron

Can't it be both?

-Campaign slogan

Karl Sharks
Feb 20, 2008

The Immortal Science of Sharksism-Fininism

RandomBlue posted:

Who is doing any of this? (except possibly pro-Trump people) I see lots of people making similar arguments/statements but they're not actually arguing with anyone. You're arguing with yourself and you agree, so stop it.

i don't think anyone here is, but when we post stuff like that it's partly for our own sake, just a screaming into the dead gay void in a way

that and of course nobody is doing it now, but give it a couple years and see if 100% of the people saying "of course we won't normalize this!" just go "oh, what crazy thing did president trump do today?" while taking a poo poo then go back to overwatch or whatever

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!

Karl Sharks posted:

i don't think anyone here is, but when we post stuff like that it's partly for our own sake, just a screaming into the dead gay void in a way

that and of course nobody is doing it now, but give it a couple years and see if 100% of the people saying "of course we won't normalize this!" just go "oh, what crazy thing did president trump do today?" while taking a poo poo then go back to overwatch or whatever

I think we're in a weird spot right now where he's clearly setting up some bad stuff and has made some scary appointments but the actual dice roll hasn't happened yet, and I'm curious as to how he reacts when things poll badly or get THE FORGOTTEN MAN mad at him. Taking an axe to those new overtime rules are going to be an early test on whether he can keep a brave face when the GOP asks him to sign off on their gently caress THE FORGOTTEN MAN agenda. I don't think we should "wait and see" if he's a piece of poo poo, because he's clearly demonstrated he's a piece of poo poo who wants to hire pieces of poo poo, but I do think it's reasonable to "wait and see" if he's actually vulnerable to public opinion or if he's going to live in the GOP cocoon where everyone in America is begging for their bosses to get big tax cuts so it trickles down.

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Has any major media reported on any of this?

Karl Sharks
Feb 20, 2008

Nonsense posted:

Has any major media reported on any of this?

the atlantic: :(

RedneckwithGuns
Mar 28, 2007

Up Next:
Fifteen Inches of
SHEER DYNAMITE

So have we ever had a point in time since the advent of modern media coverage of politics where it was this hard to determine whether what we'really hearing is intentional disinformation or not? It seems crazy debating whether the NYPost piece about the media meeting was real or just intentionalike disinformation.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!
2017, the year where we find out if the internet's "ironic" nazism can cross over into a realm where those people can also get beat up.

Der Meister
May 12, 2001

turn off your computer, read only books

RIP Syndrome
Feb 24, 2016

Re. the Trump/Buenos Aires thing, everyone seems to be citing TPM, which cites La Nación, which cites Periodismo Para Todos. I think I found the show in question:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JG-bxDdyr2E

Initial mention at 52:30, actual discussion at 1:03:40. Dunno what to make of it... They don't say anything about the source apart from the conversation having been "eavesdropped on". It's not clear if it's a leak from within the administration, or if it's from someone hanging out with an IMSI catcher or something. It could be true, but it's a shame they didn't record it, I guess.

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:
we're watching tsunami coverage in the chat btw if you're interested

http://psp-tv.com/r/nitecrew

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012

why are these fuckers faces obscured?

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot

wow, and not a peep from any large media org

Karl Sharks
Feb 20, 2008

Darkman Fanpage posted:

why are these fuckers faces obscured?

BFS (blurred face syndrome) is a real condition and ruins lives, you rear end in a top hat

Bushiz
Sep 21, 2004

The #1 Threat to Ba Sing Se

Grimey Drawer

Intel&Sebastian posted:

California could go through a scenario that looks just like that Dwayne Johnson movie and GOP congress would definitely whine about sending them money unless it's offset in safety net money
This works equally well regardless of whether "That Dwayne Johnson Movie" is San Andreas or Southland Tales

Bushiz
Sep 21, 2004

The #1 Threat to Ba Sing Se

Grimey Drawer

Alright, that does it. I'm seeing who'll engrave an AR-15 lower with "GOOD NIGHT WHITE PRIDE"

Marx Headroom
May 10, 2007

AT LAST! A show with nonono commercials!
Fallen Rib

Uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

zakkro
May 29, 2015

Alt-Right dad update:

The media is stoking the flames of FEAR to make people hate Trump.

Cuz Trump didn't run his campaign on fear in any way.

Kempo Yellow Belt
Jan 5, 2012
Fun Shoe
The Gilded Man gets gelded by The Warrior Monk 2016

RIP Syndrome
Feb 24, 2016

It's spreading.

Thanks, Trump.

Karl Sharks
Feb 20, 2008

zakkro posted:

Alt-Right dad update:

The media is stoking the flames of FEAR to make people hate Trump.

Cuz Trump didn't run his campaign on fear in any way.

it was make american great again, not afraid again!!

maaa doesn't sound right

William Bear
Oct 26, 2012

"That's what they all say!"
So did Carl kill those cucks in self-defense, or is he going to face legal consequences for his actions?

Der Meister
May 12, 2001

jesus christ

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

you know, economic issues

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

Holy gently caress

crazy cloud
Nov 7, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Lipstick Apathy

mormonpartyboat posted:

im pouring out a 40 for u crazy cloud

Lastgirl posted:

the absolute madman trying to take an order in USPOL

you will be remembered

*takes off hat and covers it over heart*

Mariana Horchata posted:

yea :rip: - this shot of Hennessy is for u chester :ohdear:

D&D...not even once

awooooooooooooo

lmfao ok never goin in d&d ever again so mission accomplished maintainin ur safe space d&d mods

but wtf punishment doesn't fit the crime i offered outstanding customer service and got 72 hrs mang that's 12 freakin 6ers :stonk:

appreciate the :rip:grats

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe

crazy cloud posted:

awooooooooooooo

lmfao ok never goin in d&d ever again so mission accomplished maintainin ur safe space d&d mods

but wtf punishment doesn't fit the crime i offered outstanding customer service and got 72 hrs mang that's 12 freakin 6ers :stonk:

lol i got a month for posting

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eu2OYcgr4rM

in the eastern europe thred

it was relevent to the discussion at hand

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat

This is fine.jpg

crazy cloud
Nov 7, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Lipstick Apathy

Baloogan posted:

Bahahahaha

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Patter Song
Mar 26, 2010

Hereby it is manifest that during the time men live without a common power to keep them all in awe, they are in that condition which is called war; and such a war as is of every man against every man.
Fun Shoe

William Bear posted:

So did Carl kill those cucks in self-defense, or is he going to face legal consequences for his actions?

Just manslaughter charges, because he's not Carl the Cuck Murderer.

Karl Sharks
Feb 20, 2008

crazy cloud posted:

awooooooooooooo

lol they gave you 3 days for that but racists run rampant there? okay

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat
I guess we can add "subtlety" to the list of casualties for 2016.

crazy cloud
Nov 7, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Lipstick Apathy
Cuckicide will actually only be a misdemeanor punishable by $200 fine or purchase of a 2 night stay at participating Trump properties n resorts. It's part of the first 100 days agenda

Karl Sharks
Feb 20, 2008

C-Euro posted:

I guess we can add "subtlety" to the list of casualties for 2016.

as if trump didn't kill it already?

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Baloogan posted:

it was relevent to the discussion at hand

might've been ban worthy if you were black

crazy cloud
Nov 7, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Lipstick Apathy

Karl Sharks posted:

lol they gave you 3 days for that but racists run rampant there? okay

I didn't heil Wendy that was probably my mistake, I need to lurk more 2 learn the ways

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Well What Now
Nov 10, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
Shredded Hen

oh good

• Locked thread