Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
white sauce
Apr 29, 2012

by R. Guyovich

Didn't some dude on twitter also say "but you see emails" and share this pic as well?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ComradeCosmobot
Dec 4, 2004

USPOL July

Grouchio posted:

Can someone read that?

Among other things, there's an implication DHS will get involved in voter suppression efforts.

Acid Haze
Feb 16, 2009

:parrot:

Nevvy Z posted:

I voted against Trump, I feel a vague unease at listening to people who were too 'pure' to do that properly telling me what my moral obligations are now.

That's up for you to decide, no ones dictating anything to anyone. There has to be serious discussion within the left right now about what to do.

But hell, it's Trump's America now! Party like it's 1999 and you know what's coming in 2000, 2001, 2003, late 2007, and 2016

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

citybeatnik posted:

https://twitter.com/nycsouthpaw/status/800779102475063296/photo/1?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

NSEERS is public knowledge but talking about future plans with it is not. So, you know. Have fun.

Ah yes, America, where one is a criminal once arrested for any crime.

NewForumSoftware
Oct 8, 2016

by Lowtax

Nevvy Z posted:

I voted against Trump, I feel a vague unease at listening to people who were too 'pure' to do that properly telling me what my moral obligations are now.

Please tell me what would have happened if I had voted Hillary in California that makes you so upset? Nothing? Like my vote literally wouldn't have mattered.

Your moral obligations? Oh the horror, god forbid someone advocate for a course of action

citybeatnik
Mar 1, 2013

You Are All
WEIRDOS

Like you have a loving binder wtf are you doing holding poo poo like this outside of the thing specifically designed to hold this poo poo?

Trabisnikof posted:

Ah yes, America, where one is a criminal once arrested for any crime.

Immigration law is weird and twisted but, yes, being arrested for a crime - even if you're not convicted of the first crime or the charges are dropped - can lead to you being arrested by ICE.

Additional fyi, if you know of any immigrants that might run in to legal trouble I cannot stress enough the importance of hiring an attorney well versed in immigration matters before you sign ANYTHING. Especially plea deals.

white sauce
Apr 29, 2012

by R. Guyovich

Acid Haze posted:

Party like it's 1999 and you know what's coming in 2000, 2001, 2003, late 2007, and 2016

:lol: this is a great way to put it

thechosenone
Mar 21, 2009

Tight Booty Shorts posted:

Triggered by your truthful arguments? Lmao, right buddy, I also like how you manage to insult people with mental disabilities

good work shithead

Shorts, I would like to ask if you could help me with something. I feel like people here are getting flustered, and we are having a difficult time keeping together. I respect you, and everyone in this thread as a person, and think the discussion at hand would become far more enjoyable if we took everyone's comments as ones made by failable, emotional human beings who have a common cause, and whom are likely not enjoying the conversation as it is. I am asking this of you, and of everyone in this thread, not because you and everyone else here doesn't know that already, but because I think that reminding ourselves of that right now would help us to cool down and think about the situation at hand logically. By thinking better of people, I'm hoping that we can shut down inflammatory remarks by simply cutting off their fuel: responding to them with inflammatory remarks.

No one is at fault here. We are just worked up over things and it can be hard to back down. I understand that. I think if we can give ourselves a moment to calm ourselves, we can all continue discussing united states politics in a more friendly manner. I apologize for singling you out shorts, I just felt a little connected to you because my dad served in the military, and I've known many folks in the military, and I enjoy having your voice in the conversation. I hope you can help me with this, though I know it is a tall order.

Thank you for your time, and for reading this.

PS anyone else is free to consider this message as oriented towards you as well. I would love to debate and discuss with everyone in a more peaceful manner, and I think everyone else would like to as well.

I'm sorry if I was late to the scene, this took a while to write out. I don't mean to stir the pot.

white sauce
Apr 29, 2012

by R. Guyovich

thechosenone posted:

Shorts, I would like to ask if you could help me with something. I feel like people here are getting flustered, and we are having a difficult time keeping together. I respect you, and everyone in this thread as a person, and think the discussion at hand would become far more enjoyable if we took everyone's comments as ones made by failable, emotional human beings who have a common cause, and whom are likely not enjoying the conversation as it is. I am asking this of you, and of everyone in this thread, not because you and everyone else here doesn't know that already, but because I think that reminding ourselves of that right now would help us to cool down and think about the situation at hand logically. By thinking better of people, I'm hoping that we can shut down inflammatory remarks by simply cutting off their fuel: responding to them with inflammatory remarks.

No one is at fault here. We are just worked up over things and it can be hard to back down. I understand that. I think if we can give ourselves a moment to calm ourselves, we can all continue discussing united states politics in a more friendly manner. I apologize for singling you out shorts, I just felt a little connected to you because my dad served in the military, and I've known many folks in the military, and I enjoy having your voice in the conversation. I hope you can help me with this, though I know it is a tall order.

Thank you for your time, and for reading this.

PS anyone else is free to consider this message as oriented towards you as well. I would love to debate and discuss with everyone in a more peaceful manner, and I think everyone else would like to as well.

I'm sorry if I was late to the scene, this took a while to write out. I don't mean to stir the pot.

I agree 100%

the issues at hand are more important than our constant in-fighting

thechosenone
Mar 21, 2009

I agree 100%

the issues at hand are more important than our constant in-fighting

Thank you shorts. every word I said in that previous post is meant towards everyone else as well. No one here wants to argue over misunderstandings or statements made during duress, it is simply unenjoyable. Everyone here is an ok person by me. We are cool.

Any misunderstanding we have can be worked out, and if one does manage to survive calm dissection at the hands of a species which is a predator of apex predators, we can put it aside for a later date, even if that is not satisfying.

ComradeCosmobot
Dec 4, 2004

USPOL July
More Democrats want the party to obstruct Trump than Republicans wanted to obstruct Obama on day 1.

Rexicon1
Oct 9, 2007

A Shameful Path Led You Here

What the gently caress do the other 35% want to do?

white sauce
Apr 29, 2012

by R. Guyovich

Good, and screw Tulsi if she thinks working with Trump is a good idea. I hope they get a taste of their own medicine.

citybeatnik
Mar 1, 2013

You Are All
WEIRDOS

Rexicon1 posted:

Hold on to their seats.

Geostomp
Oct 22, 2008

Unite: MASH!!
~They've got the bad guys on the run!~

Rexicon1 posted:

Keep their heads down and hold onto power at all costs.

thechosenone
Mar 21, 2009

Good, and screw Tulsi if she thinks working with Trump is a good idea. I hope they get a taste of their own medicine.

As it is, It's not like they have as much we would like to pass as they did for what we had.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.

citybeatnik posted:

https://twitter.com/nycsouthpaw/status/800779102475063296/photo/1?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

NSEERS is public knowledge but talking about future plans with it is not. So, you know. Have fun.

The bottom of this you can tell is " Build the loving Wall".

something something " rapid build of 1,986".

white sauce
Apr 29, 2012

by R. Guyovich

thechosenone posted:

As it is, It's not like they have as much we would like to pass as they did for what we had.

Yea, I know :/

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

:harambe:

Tbh we don't even know the dimensions of the wall. Trump said during the primaries at one point "the wall just got 10 feet higher" so for all we know it could be 10ft 1in tall

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

Didn't some dude on twitter also say "but you see emails" and share this pic as well?

ha, I didn't even notice that someone else may have said that. It seems to be the common sentiment though.

honestly, I'm going to shut off the politics valve for awhile, i don't think it's particularly healthy to be stressing about everything when the new admin hasn't even started its term. obviously, once January 20th comes around it'll be back because holy poo poo Donald Trump is the 45th President and uh we need to do something to make sure this poo poo never happens again

thechosenone
Mar 21, 2009
I get the feeling this is gonna be a trial by fire no matter how much the republicans like a person to rubber stamp their bills. Trumps gonna get rattled just by having to follow all the new rules, and by how little time he has. He's gonna be a wreck.

white sauce
Apr 29, 2012

by R. Guyovich

Hollismason posted:

The bottom of this you can tell is " Build the loving Wall".

something something " rapid build of 1,986".

It's actually something about voting rights

white sauce
Apr 29, 2012

by R. Guyovich

thechosenone posted:

I get the feeling this is gonna be a trial by fire no matter how much the republicans like a person to rubber stamp their bills. Trumps gonna get rattled just by having to follow all the new rules, and by how little time he has. He's gonna be a wreck.

Can you imagine how old he's gonna look at the end of his tenure?

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.

Business Gorillas posted:

Tbh we don't even know the dimensions of the wall. Trump said during the primaries at one point "the wall just got 10 feet higher" so for all we know it could be 10ft 1in tall

Washington Post I think had it at 50 feet and made of precast concrete in at 25 billion dollars.

It's actually something about voting rights

The part above his hand says things like " 1983 to existing and Rapid Build"

Rexicon1
Oct 9, 2007

Carlosologist posted:

ha, I didn't even notice that someone else may have said that. It seems to be the common sentiment though.

honestly, I'm going to shut off the politics valve for awhile, i don't think it's particularly healthy to be stressing about everything when the new admin hasn't even started its term. obviously, once January 20th comes around it'll be back because holy poo poo Donald Trump is the 45th President and uh we need to do something to make sure this poo poo never happens again

I think that's a healthy thing to do. I'm so goddamn worn out first working for Bernie then Hillary that all of this poo poo makes me want to go full Jacobin.

thechosenone
Mar 21, 2009

Hollismason posted:

Washington Post I think had it at 50 feet and made of precast concrete in at 25 billion dollars.

The part above his hand says things like " 1983 to existing and Rapid Build"

I wonder if the idea of building the wall could be warped into something useful, Like repairing the roads near the border to improve response times of security officers, which would allow the roads to work better or something.

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

:harambe:

thechosenone posted:

I wonder if the idea of building the wall could be warped into something useful, Like repairing the roads near the border to improve response times of security officers, which would allow the roads to work better or something.

Reactionary racist hollering isnt supposed to be useful

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

thechosenone posted:

Didn't Obama tried to get Republicans to do immigration reform and threw out some insane number for Border Patrol budgets and the Republicans said no then made 2x Obama's crazy number their new rallying cry?

thechosenone
Mar 21, 2009
I don't blame people if they want to take a little break. Some time to refresh yourself can make all the difference.

Heck, I spent the whole weekend playing kingdom hearts, and that seems to make me feel all warm and fuzzy inside. Almost as much as having made a difference in this thread has. :3:

If anyone liked Diablo or its ilk, I hear eastern sun goonstyle is back in action. it is pretty fun as far as the whole numbers game goes.

Mr Interweb
Aug 25, 2004

Good. :colbert:

Rexicon1
Oct 9, 2007

thechosenone posted:

At this point i'd settle for "they won't build the wall using slave labor from incarcerated migrant workers"

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.

Rexicon1 posted:

At this point i'd settle for "they won't build the wall using slave labor from incarcerated migrant workers"

That's what I think they'll do. Probably not entirely.

\

citybeatnik
Mar 1, 2013

You Are All
WEIRDOS

Border Patrol also doesn't want the thing because blocking loving line of sight when on patrol is a loving terrible idea.

thechosenone
Mar 21, 2009

Reactionary racist hollering isnt supposed to be useful

Of course not, but perhaps that could itself be used to our advantage.

Trabisnikof posted:

Didn't Obama tried to get Republicans to do immigration reform and threw out some insane number for Border Patrol budgets and the Republicans said no then made 2x Obama's crazy number their new rallying cry?

I think the idea there would then be to make the budget they want to double do the work of something we need done so they end up demanding double funds for something good. I don't think it sounds that impossible actually.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.
Yeah I think they'll build like a long one or two mile section that's like 30 feet tall so that they can show pictures of it to say " Look we built it!".

thechosenone
Mar 21, 2009

citybeatnik posted:

Border Patrol also doesn't want the thing because blocking loving line of sight when on patrol is a loving terrible idea.

Honestly it sounds like rather than creating a physical wall, it would be more useful to make a wall of sensors, so that while people can cross the border unhindered, they can't do it unnoticed.

Tag them with a sattelite system, then have local law enforcement pull the money out.

This sounds like a better idea than a physical wall anyway.

It sounds kind of cool, and like it could be useful for something else at least.

Lord Hydronium
Sep 25, 2007

Non, je ne regrette rien

thechosenone posted:

Honestly it sounds like rather than creating a physical wall, it would be more useful to make a wall of sensors, so that while people can cross the border unhindered, they can't do it unnoticed.
The wall...was in your heart all along, America.

Inglonias
Mar 7, 2013

I WILL PUT THIS FLAG ON FREAKING EVERYTHING BECAUSE IT IS SYMBOLIC AS HELL SOMEHOW

thechosenone posted:

Tag them with a sattelite system, then have local law enforcement pull the money out.

It sounds kind of cool, and like it could be useful for something else at least.

Build a cyberwall.

Cyber wall.

CAPS LOCK BROKEN
Feb 1, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

thechosenone posted:

Boeing built a tech demonstrator of this during W's reign and it didn't work very well. It was expensive and was good for lining contractor pockets only, which means it's a shoo-in for this administration.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

https://twitter.com/deray/status/800850549465825284

• Locked thread