Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lunatic Sledge
Jun 8, 2013

choose your own horror isekai sci-fi Souls-like urban fantasy gamer simulator adventure

or don't?
Hmmm. I seem to be having trouble getting people on my friends list to pop up in my Festival Plaza. There's even an update button, but it didn't seem to do anything.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

Alkydere posted:

Oh yeah it was great. The first quiz I actually had to re-watch because I was watching and enjoying the cool dancing animation and forgot the poses so it was semi-serious.

And then out of nowhere: Hiker.

Hiker was really good, but Totem Salazzle got a big laugh out of me

Alkydere
Jun 7, 2010
Capitol: A building or complex of buildings in which any legislature meets.
Capital: A city designated as a legislative seat by the government or some other authority, often the city in which the government is located; otherwise the most important city within a country or a subdivision of it.

Classtoise posted:

So my egg hatched and now Bub the Jolteon is my proud new member who I love and I got to the Memorial Hill cutscene.

Holy poo poo that was gold.

"L-L-L-OOOW!?" DRAMATIC ZOOM on the Slowpoke

Between this and the Fire trial, I feel like this game is alright as far as gags.

The game's tone is absolutely stupid. Which works because it knows it. Team Skull are not only complete chumps to the player character but also seen as an annoying non-threat by an old grandpa working the poke-berry farm. Your rival is a happy-go-lucky idiot who is called out by your other super-special rival who is such an Edge Lord (so edgy) that even Skull calls him out and goes "seriously dude, you're just a hired hand, you're too dumb to hang out with us."

And everyone's a loving moron besides the girl (who's just a helpless princess) but here's the kicker: you can call them out on their stupidity in game! And some of the NPCs do it for you.

Carlosologist posted:

Hiker was really good, but Totem Salazzle got a big laugh out of me

Yeah, you knew test three was gonna be goofy from the get go when the first pose is one of the Marowaks miming taking a picture of the hiker dancing with the other Marowaks. You're all "where is this going from here?" and you get Suddenly Salazzle photobombing the picture. That entire section was glorious from the get-go.

Alkydere fucked around with this message at 01:03 on Nov 22, 2016

The Wild Man of YOLO
Apr 20, 2004

A little cross-country, gentlemen?

Lunatic Sledge posted:

Hmmm. I seem to be having trouble getting people on my friends list to pop up in my Festival Plaza. There's even an update button, but it didn't seem to do anything.

I'll keep updating my own list as well.

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer
My only issue with this game is that my trainer isn't saying

"Go, Salazzle! Give 'em the ol' razzle dazzle!"

when I send her out.

Lunatic Sledge
Jun 8, 2013

choose your own horror isekai sci-fi Souls-like urban fantasy gamer simulator adventure

or don't?
Alright, anybody that's trading with me: there's a real chance that my avatar will show up in your Festival Plaza before your's shows up in mine. For some reason.

So keep an eye out for an avatar named Liberty.

Flagrama
Jun 19, 2010

Lipstick Apathy

PSWII60 posted:

I was reading in Smogon's forums a bit ago. Diancite is gone from the game? Hope we get an event for it. Does anyone know if it exists in any of the data dumping?

Everything since Gen 3 is still existent in code within the games. It's just that there is no known way to get certain items in Gen 7 right now. Particularly certain Mega Stones. As usual, mystery gift events and more games in the generation will add more to the pool of obtainable objects. It's more a matter of when than if.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
So I had the most prescient name choice:

Anyway, still looking for a Beast Ball, but luckily it's not as pressing as I'd thought because I have time before I can catch Lunala.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

But that bit where he's posing after Meowth walks into the battle royal, she kinda thinks of Kukui and overlays his image on Masked Royal and immediately shakes her head and turns away. That has to mean she doesn't know, right?

More ending talk I kind of read it as "oh he's wearing the mask again, that crazy husband of mine ha ha ha". I could of just read the scene wrong though I guess :v:

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

I am so sick of all of these cut scenes and plot bull poo poo interpreting my clothes buying time. Shut up about ultra beasts! I just wanna shop!

The Wild Man of YOLO
Apr 20, 2004

Lunatic Sledge posted:

Alright, anybody that's trading with me: there's a real chance that my avatar will show up in your Festival Plaza before your's shows up in mine. For some reason.

So keep an eye out for an avatar named Liberty.

I see one named "dad left mom"

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

Alkydere posted:

Yeah, you knew test three was gonna be goofy from the get go when the first pose is one of the Marowaks miming taking a picture of the hiker dancing with the other Marowaks. You're all "where is this going from here?" and you get Suddenly Salazzle photobombing the picture. That entire section was glorious from the get-go.

Straight up, that and the sixth trial are both by far the best ones and justify the concept entirely.

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

More ending talk I kind of read it as "oh he's wearing the mask again, that crazy husband of mine ha ha ha". I could of just read the scene wrong though I guess :v:

I'm thinking she doesn't know, though my first thought upon seeing that scene was remembering the Phoenix Wright case that happened solely because a wrestler had never told his immediate family about wrestling and the Space Dandy episode with a similar premise. The Mask is sacred!

cancerianmoth
Oct 18, 2012
I just caught a Modest Comfey and I bred it to grab that triage ability. Seems like a decent Pokémon. I'm also in LOVE with Fluffel. Its so adorable and hits like a truck. I grabbed on with a +atk/-spdef nature which is fine for in game. it also has Fluffy? 1/2 dmg from physical moves x2 fire unless its physical. Not bad. Totally helped take down the Totem Lurantis fight with its baby doll eyes. Also its cry is so freaking adorable.

Cicadas!
Oct 27, 2010

on the bored wop posted:

I see one named "dad left mom"

I'd like to order a none dad with left mom, please

The Wild Man of YOLO
Apr 20, 2004

Cicadas! posted:

I'd like to order a none dad with left mom, please

Are you the game's protagonist?

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
Getting stuck in a loop with zubats who won't stop calling for help and using super sonic and recovering with absorb is the ultimate insult I feel

whalestory
Feb 9, 2004

hey ya'll!

Pillbug
I think it is immoral to use previous gen Pokemon

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:

whalestory posted:

loving blame gamefreak for putting old shitbirds and zubats everywhere

cancerianmoth
Oct 18, 2012

Calaveron posted:

Getting stuck in a loop with zubats who won't stop calling for help and using super sonic and recovering with absorb is the ultimate insult I feel

They did this on purpose knowing everyone hates going into caves bc of the zubats. It also makes it feel like there are a poo poo ton of zubats in the caves.

Deified Data
Nov 3, 2015

Fun Shoe

whalestory posted:

Only exception is the Alolan-form clause.

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
I'm working on my third (counting the leak) playthrough on an O3DS after having played on a New 3DS and really started noticing the loading times. I pulled up a stopwatch app and timed it with results being consistently at 5 seconds from initial battle fade out and then the screen popping back in. If something evolved it shaved off a second from the load times (presumably since the battle system was unloaded)

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!
they should have made the caves full of woobats instead

cancerianmoth
Oct 18, 2012

corn in the bible posted:

they should have made the caves full of woobats instead

both. Then they both will have absorbing abilities. and prolong the battle for those who don't know what a status effect is.

Deified Data
Nov 3, 2015

Fun Shoe
Woobat is fun and cute and hasn't been prevalent enough to be tiresome.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

UmbreonMessiah posted:

So is there anyone out there willing to trade off a female Alolan Vulpix for something frigging reasonable? I was hoping we'd get away from people asking for Legendaries and impossible Pokemon this generation, but basically every Vulpix on GTS is only available for rare SOS finds or bloody Milotics. I just want a cuddly ice fox for my team :(

put up a female sandshrew, i got a vulpix in very short order by doing this

we're still early enough that being version exclusive means something

Mr. Unlucky
Nov 1, 2006

by R. Guyovich
some day it would be nice to have a pokemon game made by people who know what they're doing.

someone awful.
Sep 7, 2007

The thing to remember with the gts is that the stuff you see listed is the stuff that's too god drat stupid to have been completed, and might not be, ever

Put up your own listing and you'll have a lot better luck. I traded my Persian for a ditto and have been able to get most anything I want by just listing a newly hatched starter and waiting

Obligatory Toast
Mar 19, 2007

What am I reading here??

Alkydere posted:

The game's tone is absolutely stupid. Which works because it knows it. Team Skull are not only complete chumps to the player character but also seen as an annoying non-threat by an old grandpa working the poke-berry farm. Your rival is a happy-go-lucky idiot who is called out by your other super-special rival who is such an Edge Lord (so edgy) that even Skull calls him out and goes "seriously dude, you're just a hired hand, you're too dumb to hang out with us."

And everyone's a loving moron besides the girl (who's just a helpless princess) but here's the kicker: you can call them out on their stupidity in game! And some of the NPCs do it for you.

At the first Team Skull encounter I knew this game was the breath of fresh air I needed this garbage year.

That and stufful. God I didn't understand how poor my life was without that delightful murder bear.

Nessa
Dec 15, 2008

Oh my goodness, the Pokemon Center in Po Town is amazing.

Axel Serenity
Sep 27, 2002

someone awful. posted:

The thing to remember with the gts is that the stuff you see listed is the stuff that's too god drat stupid to have been completed, and might not be, ever

Put up your own listing and you'll have a lot better luck. I traded my Persian for a ditto and have been able to get most anything I want by just listing a newly hatched starter and waiting

Counterpoint: I traded a vulpix for a Pheramosa tonight by being persistent.

On that note, get onto the GTS train while it's good and early, folks

Night Blade
Feb 25, 2013

whalestory posted:

I have to add aerodactyl to my team because everything is loving slow this gen.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

I'm so happy with Merciless Mareanie. In X, Venoshock on Venusaur was one of my favorite moves, and now I've got that except moreso.

I'm really glad I was able to find one without too much trouble.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

Tatum Girlparts posted:

...Does Togedemaru really have ZERO steel moves in its list? That's a massive bummer, I love that round lil bitch but I'd like to have both steel and electric in the same mon.

it has Gyro Ball.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

stuffel is pretty drat cute

A Spider Covets
May 4, 2009

RazzleDazzleHour posted:

For every pokemon that gets SOS summoned, the odds of it being a shiny goes up, and if you let it summon 30+ pokemon then four IVs are guaranteed to be maxed. SOS functions are definitely annoying for a casual playthrough but they're basically a postgame lifesaver

Ooooo I didn't know that. Kickass, I'm going to have to mess with that now to try and get some shinies. Thanks for the tip!!

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

i found gladion's house and he's tell me to get out, and I will Not.

someone awful.
Sep 7, 2007

mabels big day posted:

:gladionout:

Classtoise
Feb 11, 2008

THINKS CON-AIR WAS A GOOD MOVIE

mabels big day posted:

If you don't leave I bet he'll be all ".........................whatever" at you

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

Blaziken386 posted:

Spent 20 minutes running around route 5 looking for the scald TM, only to learn that it's not on route 5, it's in brooklet hill.
Why the gently caress does every guide say it's on route 5?

Where is it in brooklet hill??

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer
My Wimpod... is actually too rowdy.