Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SuperHappy
Aug 22, 2004

feel the rhythm with your hands
I got Stellar Circle on my Zidane, which seems to be by far the MVP for these fights so far, though I'm looking forward to coordinating parties a little more easily so I can be on a team full of Spellbladers & people with wind SBs. Stellar Circle followed by 3-4 Tornado Strikes, man... :black101:

Really doesn't feel like three turns happen before Ifrit's spell goes off to me... Not entirely sure if it's something I need to figure out or something they need to work on.

Anyway, I'm pretty hyped for this. :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Panic! at Nabisco
Jun 6, 2007

it seemed like a good idea at the time
I've done Ifrit a few times, and in every successful run someone marks the nail as "1" and people start focusing it. By that time I usually have a second Ark Blast up so I just blast it.

Lyndon LaRouche
Sep 5, 2006

by Azathoth
So, in the future it'll be possible to coordinate goon parties for multiplayer raids? I figure by our powers combined we'd be able to wreck poo poo. :getin:

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

paperwind posted:

So, in the future it'll be possible to coordinate goon parties for multiplayer raids? I figure by our powers combined we'd be able to wreck poo poo. :getin:

It's possible to do that now.

Multiplayer is complete nonsensicle madness and it is great fun.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

ETB posted:

Man, these scrubs aren't equipping fire resist for Ifrit.

Shouldn't most people be able to do something like Fire Shield(or whatever) and Rubicante Cloak (or similar) on one character, and 6* fire bracelet for the other? :psyduck:

e: I'm going to run Tyro/Vaan later tonight and give this a go.

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

Only Trust Your Respirator, kupo!
Art/Quote by: Rubby
I'm going to try starting a room with code 9111 and tackle the lvl99 Ifrit, if anyone wants to see how joining an existing party works out!

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

Evil Fluffy posted:

Shouldn't most people be able to do something like Fire Shield(or whatever) and Rubicante Cloak (or similar) on one character, and 6* fire bracelet for the other? :psyduck:

I admit I haven't equipped Fire Resist gear for Ifrit, but my excuse is being too excited about multiplayer to strategize. :colbert:

Lyndon LaRouche
Sep 5, 2006

by Azathoth
I'm also digging this remixed main theme of FFXI in the raid waiting room. Brings back fond memories.

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

Panic! at Nabisco posted:

I've done Ifrit a few times, and in every successful run someone marks the nail as "1" and people start focusing it. By that time I usually have a second Ark Blast up so I just blast it.

What do those marks do? Set the priority for untargetted actions? Or is it just a sign that hopefully tells your party "attack THIS you idiots"

Panic! at Nabisco
Jun 6, 2007

U-DO Burger posted:

a sign that hopefully tells your party "attack THIS you idiots"
This.

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

U-DO Burger posted:

What do those marks do? Set the priority for untargetted actions? Or is it just a sign that hopefully tells your party "attack THIS you idiots"

Someone moved the target to my Rosa after we killed the Nail, and someone else's Ramza listened. :smith:

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

Only Trust Your Respirator, kupo!
Art/Quote by: Rubby

rare Magic card l00k posted:

Someone moved the target to my Rosa after we killed the Nail, and someone else's Ramza listened. :smith:

Hahaha awesome

So I discovered that if someone disconnects when the battle screen is loading then the room leader controls their characters for the ensuing battle

Dual-wielding Y'Shtola's was quite the unique experience!

Lyndon LaRouche
Sep 5, 2006

by Azathoth

kalensc posted:

So I discovered that if someone disconnects when the battle screen is loading then the room leader controls their characters for the ensuing battle

Just happened to me on a 99 Ifrit. Kinda hectic controlling 8 party members simultaneously.

Cape Cod Crab Chip
Feb 20, 2011

Now you don't have to suck meat from an exoskeleton!
Why would you bring Kick to an Ifrit fight. Of all the things.

Zurai
Feb 13, 2012

Wait -- I haven't even voted in this game yet!

The little red numbers in circles mean that many characters are specifically targeting that target. It isn't a "hey target this" indicator, it's a "hey this many people are specifically targeting this" indicator. For the record.

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

Zurai posted:

The little red numbers in circles mean that many characters are specifically targeting that target. It isn't a "hey target this" indicator, it's a "hey this many people are specifically targeting this" indicator. For the record.

Ok, so then what must have happened is Ramza was targetting the Nail, and when it died the game moved his attack to target the biggest threat.

Which was Rosa. :smith:

Lyndon LaRouche
Sep 5, 2006

by Azathoth

Cape Cod Crab Chip posted:

Why would you bring Kick to an Ifrit fight. Of all the things.

There are a whole lot more people who play FFRK than who post about it on SA, Reddit, etc. There are probably countless players out there who are casuals and just pop in once a day to play and have underleveled characters and underhoned skills (or worse, useless skills).

Benthalus
Jul 5, 2002

This MP has already been fun with pubbies, but I was ready for the concept with FF Mobius. Didn't lose any battles, and completed eqch difficulty once, but I'm selective in looking at what other people have equipped and have no qualms about bailing from a crappy setup. I'll get into the good discord once the real thing hits.

Aerith's White Materia healing 8 people for 4k each was fun. Followed by her using Bahamut and doing more damage than all but my Cecil was even more satisfying.

Also, this is great for whale watching.

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

rare Magic card l00k posted:

Ok, so then what must have happened is Ramza was targetting the Nail, and when it died the game moved his attack to target the biggest threat.

Which was Rosa. :smith:

I think it's more likely that Ramza's controller wasn't very smart and killed you on accident

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story
Huh, so apparently my phone will allow me to either listen to the music in the game, or listen to the sound effects, but not both. Also it constantly changes between no music/no sound effects.

Servaetes
Sep 10, 2003

False enemy or true friend?
Oh man we gotta get people together to try this multiplayer poo poo out!

Lyndon LaRouche
Sep 5, 2006

by Azathoth
Getting ready for what will surely be a total 160 difficulty Ifrit clusterfuck.

Zurai
Feb 13, 2012

Wait -- I haven't even voted in this game yet!

I will say that MP in Japan is really fun. I generally do the fights once with a "real" team for the rewards, then kick around wasting time with pseudo-Cid's Mission teams. Doing stuff like d200 Cid Raines with an all-FFT party, for example (which is way harder than it sounds initially; you'd think "oh, just TGCid him to oblivion" but Raines hurts like a mofo, there's no native Wall in FFT, and this was before Ovelia got her BSB so there was no healer BSB either), is super fun. So far I've succeeded in every Cid's Mission party I've been in, although some of them have taken a few attempts.

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.
There's definitely healer overkill in MP parties since nearly everyone's bringing one. I'm just taking Penelo so she can actually buff the party and go offense.

Armitage
Aug 16, 2005

"Mathman's not here." "Oh? Where is he?" "He's in the Mathroom."

SuperHappy posted:

I got Stellar Circle on my Zidane, which seems to be by far the MVP for these fights so far, though I'm looking forward to coordinating parties a little more easily so I can be on a team full of Spellbladers & people with wind SBs. Stellar Circle followed by 3-4 Tornado Strikes, man... :black101:

Really doesn't feel like three turns happen before Ifrit's spell goes off to me... Not entirely sure if it's something I need to figure out or something they need to work on.

Anyway, I'm pretty hyped for this. :)

Ifrit's spell goes off even in a normal dungeon. It definitely seems like 1-2 turns instead of 3.

Beat the 140 dungeon with pubbies. It was a pretty well-oiled machine. I like a good team!

Lyndon LaRouche
Sep 5, 2006

by Azathoth

paperwind posted:

Getting ready for what will surely be a total 160 difficulty Ifrit clusterfuck.

Hey, there were some dead bodies on the floor, but we mastered it! My Vaan got off 3 Ark Blasts and a very useful R2 Northern Cross, while my Rosa made a couple clutch Divine Heals. But drat, Ifrit goes apeshit with the counter spam in his weak phase and if people spam weak-rear end attacks you're going the gently caress down.

Boogaloo Shrimp
Aug 2, 2004

Multiplayer ATB-based Final Fantasy is hella fun!

AstraSage
May 13, 2013

kalensc posted:

Hahaha awesome

Dual-wielding Y'Shtola's was quite the unique experience!

I hope whoever got hold of my Snow/Selphie does okay with their SSBs: My phone simply couldn't handle all the preliminar preparations for Multiplayer as much as it can't with really long battles (which qualification currently covers most U+-and-up grade ones: The Flan Master fight was a bitch to finish despite the titular guy being the quickest elite boss to die because the Flans could tank to a stalemate crash).

AstraSage fucked around with this message at 04:45 on Nov 22, 2016

Stirdog
Oct 11, 2012

Multiplayer is fun in a chaotic way, but it hurts me how poorly people kit out their team to fit in with the rest of the group. Why do we need 3 Tyros and 3 healers on 1 team?

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.
Difficulty 160 ifrit isn't very hard with 8 people, even when several of them are kinda dumb and let the nail go off for a 3k aoe. So many bad gear setups on people though. :smith:

SageAcrin
Apr 23, 2014

there was a mean thing here before, but now there is a dog
Yeah, I'm seriously considering running Faris instead of Rosa despite my Rosa build being atypical as hell(so far, anyways) and effective as hell as well, just because four heals is a little much and, disconcertingly, I'm actually doing more damage than a lot of people, what the hell.

(Basch with double holy strengthening is the god, though.)

Still, this is fantastically fun-wiped once on U+ Ifrit with a crazy Vaan almost pulling it out from 25% to 0% and getting magic pixeled, I think someone ragequit the second time because we had no offense(Or it crashed, one or the other), I was doing literally twice as much as everyone else, then my poor dinky R2 Saint Cross/Full Charge on Basch ran out, then the third time was just fantastic.

Nothing like not paying attention to the Cloud's gear/SBs and just going "ehn... I don't care how much the fight works out", watching him Lifesiphon for a while, curious as to what the hell he's going to actually use, and then have him finally bust out 120k in Finishing Touch x 2 to end it.

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu: sometimes passing just isn't an option.
lol I joined a party that had no mitigation or support at the toughest difficulty and they started before I could switch out my guys.

Chillgamesh
Jul 29, 2014

U++ gave me enough Major Wind Orbs to R4 Saint Cross :frogc00l:

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

It's fun and dumb seeing a nail go off with Vaan's bar full for a move that'd kill it. Especially when the nail only barely survived because someone else had their Tyro using chain blizzaga to do 750x2 damage to it twice.

Being able to open with an immediate Ark and SG is nice for gutting Ifrit's damage too.

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

the stickers are loving great

1st AD posted:

lol I joined a party that had no mitigation or support at the toughest difficulty and they started before I could switch out my guys.

Stirdog posted:

Multiplayer is fun in a chaotic way, but it hurts me how poorly people kit out their team to fit in with the rest of the group. Why do we need 3 Tyros and 3 healers on 1 team?

Evil Fluffy posted:

It's fun and dumb seeing a nail go off with Vaan's bar full for a move that'd kill it. Especially when the nail only barely survived because someone else had their Tyro using chain blizzaga to do 750x2 damage to it twice.

think i got all of them here http://imgur.com/a/s8d8q

Panic! at Nabisco
Jun 6, 2007

My go-to is

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Never not spam when saving people from themselves.

Servaetes
Sep 10, 2003

False enemy or true friend?
Yeah when in doubt hit em with a

Lyndon LaRouche
Sep 5, 2006

by Azathoth
Chupon seems appropriate for me since I can't meaningfully communicate with my party members but ampretty good at wrecking poo poo. Taciturn, but terribly powerful!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Geocities Homepage King
Nov 26, 2007

I have good news, and I have bad news.
Which do you want to hear first...?
I feel like a jackass. I joined a group with my Ramza and Faris, saw they already had a shout Ramza so I tried to switch to my SG Tyrone. The screen still showed Ramza so I said gently caress it since it was only the 90 difficulty fight. Fight loads and I have a naked Tyro. Whoops.

Then my game crashed.

• Locked thread