Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

The experience over the years
of nothing getting better
only worse.
i don't think i disagree with anything in clinton's deplorables speech

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Badger of Basra
Jul 26, 2007

exmarx posted:

half might be lowballing it

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

only worse.

Badger of Basra posted:

half might be lowballing it

yeah

tha chapo boyz say it's more like 2/3 deplorable

Irom
May 16, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

exmarx posted:

That...is why you failed [/yoda]

Badger of Basra
Jul 26, 2007

exmarx posted:

yeah

was this a setup to get me to agree with them

The Oldest Man
Jul 28, 2003

HUGE PUBES A PLUS posted:

I like curry. It's spicy and warms me up inside.

warm me up inside
warm me up inside
can't warm up

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

only worse.

Irom posted:

That...is why you failed [/yoda]

it's hard to argue with, and just about the only thing i can remember her saying that wasn't "trumped up trickle down"-level nonsense. so of course liberal commentators freaked out about it at the time, lol

quote:

[the other half] are people who feel that the government has let them down, the economy has let them down, nobody cares about them, nobody worries about what happens to their lives and their futures, and they’re just desperate for change. It doesn’t really even matter where it comes from. They don’t buy everything he says, but he seems to hold out some hope that their lives will be different. They won’t wake up and see their jobs disappear, lose a kid to heroin, feel like they’re in a dead end. Those are people we have to understand and empathize with as well.

i think people are fundamentally not getting the "economic anxiety" thing. these trump voters are petty bourgeois, they're "anxious" not "deprived" — that's their neighbours, their wider communities, etc.

the opioid addicts aren't voting at all.

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good
man, the atlantic video of the white supremacist meeting with dudes in suits triumphantly shouting and nazi saluting the coming regime seems kind of ominous

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

only worse.

Badger of Basra posted:

was this a setup to get me to agree with them

:mrgw:

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

exmarx posted:

yeah

bindle of buttholes
whitman's sampler of crumbums

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
FEEL FREE TO DISREGARD THIS POST

It is guaranteed to be lazy, ignorant, and/or uninformed.

GhostofJohnMuir posted:

man, the atlantic video of the white supremacist meeting with dudes in suits triumphantly shouting and nazi saluting the coming regime seems kind of ominous

insert Mother Jones "He's Dapper" quote here

Ugh

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

exmarx posted:

the opioid addicts aren't voting at all.

i voted tyvm

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

only worse.
apologies, livingtrope

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ORQAnKGNxoU

Rhesus Pieces
Jun 27, 2005

GhostofJohnMuir posted:

These gleeful and emboldened bigots slithering into the open and making their presence felt is really enraging and it's awakening long dormant fash-bashing instincts in me

They really need to be physically confronted and put back in their place, and I've sorta made a pledge to myself not to just look away and avoid conflict if I see some puffed-up nazi getting in someone's face

Problem with that being I'm still only five two and a buck twenty soaking wet

I may need to learn how to fight dirty

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Hit the gym, eat, get tough. Also go for the knees gently caress civility.

the paradigm shift
Jan 18, 2006

Rhesus Pieces posted:

These gleeful and emboldened bigots slithering into the open and making their presence felt is really enraging and it's awakening long dormant fash-bashing instincts in me

They really need to be physically confronted and put back in their place, and I've sorta made a pledge to myself not to just look away and avoid conflict if I see some puffed-up nazi getting in someone's face

Problem with that being I'm still only five two and a buck twenty soaking wet

I may need to learn how to fight dirty

Knees, balls, run.

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

only worse.
https://twitter.com/PissPigGranddad/status/800615318502641664

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

only worse.

rip, rip, rip, rip

Swan Oat
Oct 9, 2012

I was selected for my skill.
im glad piss pig granddad hasnt been killed

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

only worse.
i'm also glad

Rodatose
Jul 8, 2008

corn, corn, corn

The Muppets On PCP posted:

bindle of buttholes
whitman's sampler of crumbums

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012
soooooooooo...the media isn't getting any access?

the paradigm shift
Jan 18, 2006

mandatory lesbian posted:

tbh that would be for the best. Piss them off enough and maybe they stop stroking him all the time.
Maybe

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
jeff zucker has been known to hold a grudge or two

Rodatose
Jul 8, 2008

corn, corn, corn
a hatful of haters

Swan Oat
Oct 9, 2012

we're doing a lil potluck at work the lost and damned souls of the night shift... gonna make some sausage and peppers tomorrow afternoon :)

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

i'm not sure it matters much because his administration is going to leak all over the place

Swan Oat posted:

we're doing a lil potluck at work the lost and damned souls of the night shift... gonna make some sausage and peppers tomorrow afternoon :)

as long as you're not the guy who puts a couple packs of lil smokies and a bottle of bbq sauce in a crockpot

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

the paradigm shift posted:

tbh that would be for the best. Piss them off enough and maybe they stop stroking him all the time.
Maybe

it's a question of who decides that worshipping journalistic ethics and impartiality isn't worth it in the current media context and just goes blatantly partisan (among those who haven't already)

Rhesus Pieces
Jun 27, 2005

open hostility to the press is going to be a big part of his schtick during his term

The only question now is if the media takes the loving hint and goes fully antagonistic or kisses rear end even harder hoping for exclusive access

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich
lmao if fox news pivots center right and starts busting trumps balls

Swan Oat
Oct 9, 2012

The Muppets On PCP posted:

as long as you're not the guy who puts a couple packs of lil smokies and a bottle of bbq sauce in a crockpot

n-..... no

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

rear end struggle posted:

Is Yarrr a common name in Russia?
no

Rhesus Pieces
Jun 27, 2005

It's 100% about keeping eyeballs on the screen long enough to sell them pharmaceuticals and financial products during the break

CNN made money hand over fist covering Trump and Mooves over at cbs openly stated that Trump was bad for America but good for his network

Journalistic dignity and ethics will have little to do with how Trump is covered, it will be decided based on which method will guarantee the most viewers

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Rhesus Pieces posted:

It's 100% about keeping eyeballs on the screen long enough to sell them pharmaceuticals and financial products during the break

CNN made money hand over fist covering Trump and Mooves over at cbs openly stated that Trump was bad for America but good for his network

Journalistic dignity and ethics will have little to do with how Trump is covered, it will be decided based on which method will guarantee the most viewers

there's more journalism than just cable news

for example, the dismal new york times

ass struggle
Dec 25, 2012

by Athanatos

his dick cannon looks the worst too

ass struggle
Dec 25, 2012

by Athanatos

nice ied trashbag

Swan Oat
Oct 9, 2012

dilyaga isnt a very normal name either is it? ive never heard of it before at any rate, and google seems to think i am misspelling something

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Swan Oat posted:

the referees insist on owning me constantly, i hate sports

Derek Carr has more 4th quarter comebacks over the last two years than any qb in the NFL so you're not the first and you won't be the last to get bit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

rear end struggle posted:

his dick cannon looks the worst too
now look up putin painting a cat

• Locked thread