Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
hyperdevbox
Aug 22, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

Palpek posted:

I'm sorry, there must be some kind of glitch going on because when I tried fixing it, it wouldn't let me delete anything and only add new stuff so I did the best I could with this situation. I contacted the admins about it, you must be patient.

We sincerely hope it can be fixed and the thread can be set back to the original title ASAP because it is not a glitch which did impersonate us and changed the title to something different. Not a random title thought, but something to please the paid posting crowd. OP has no way to edit themselves titles, or maybe there is a new 10$ option somewhere to do that, hard to tell. We understand that to keep a forum full of paid members it does requires to keep them entertained to some extend but for now, we will refrain posting anything until we can be sure that forum rules are enforced and respected, thread titles and post are not "manipulated" in a way to convey a total different message than the one posted originally.

hyperdevbox fucked around with this message at 15:48 on Nov 21, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

I'm sure the admins will get your thread back to it's former glory.

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

hyperdevbox posted:

We sincerely hope it can be fixed and the thread can be set back to the original title ASAP because it is not a glitch which did impersonate us and changed the title to something different. Not a random title thought, but something to please the paid posting crowd. OP has not way to edit themselves titles, or maybe there is a new 10$ option somewhere to do that, hard to tell. We understand that to keep a forum full of paid members it does requires to keep them entertained to some extend but for now, we will refrain posting anything until we can be sure that forum rules are enforced and respected, thread titles and post are not edited in a way to convey a total different message than the one posted originally.

:allears:

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

hyperdevbox posted:

We sincerely hope it can be fixed and the thread can be set back to the original title ASAP because it is not a glitch which did impersonate us and changed the title to something different. Not a random title thought, but something to please the paid posting crowd. OP has no way to edit themselves titles, or maybe there is a new 10$ option somewhere to do that, hard to tell. We understand that to keep a forum full of paid members it does requires to keep them entertained to some extend but for now, we will refrain posting anything until we can be sure that forum rules are enforced and respected, thread titles and post are not "manipulated" in a way to convey a total different message than the one posted originally.
Apologies, there was a miscommunication amongst the moderation team, or Mo-Mos (popular SA term). I'm going to fix this when I'm home and have a chat with the rest of the Mo-Mos.

Omnicarus
Jan 16, 2006

The Mo-Mo's are usually really good about sorting this stuff out, I wouldn't lose sleep over it. Having had thread titles get taken over by hackers before, it sucks to have your work misrepresented. You guys seem to be doing hard work to create a game you're passionate about and I hope it gets sorted.

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth
The Paid Posting Crowd strikes again!

Little devs getting bullied by Big Posting.

Solomonic
Jan 3, 2008

INCIPIT SANTA

Chomp8645 posted:

The Paid Posting Crowd strikes again!

Little devs getting bullied by Big Posting.

Please don't disrespect the hard work done by the Mo-Mos.

Sorry about this, OP. If you've ever seen that movie where the house is built over some dude's grave and his ghost periodically knocks things off the walls, well...it's kind of like that here except we call the ghost Radium. I'm sure the title glitch will get resolved quickly.

Omnicarus
Jan 16, 2006

Honestly this stuff has been happening a lot more since we started allowing memberships to be purchased by computers located in Russia. Back in 06 it was a rare fun occurrence like when the Habbo Hotel thread got taken over, but now it happens all the time and it seems like there are too many instances for the Mo-Mo's to be able to handle and actually have lives away from a computer screen.

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

hyperdevbox posted:

It's a pretty serious accusation here on SA to accuse that the forum rules have been broken. Which rule do you think was broken and what should the moderation team do about it?

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

Baby even when I'm dead and gone
You will always be my only one, my only one
When the night is calling
No matter who I become
You will always be my only one, my only one, my only one

Prokhor Zakharov posted:

It's a pretty serious accusation here on SA to accuse that the forum rules have been broken. Which rule do you think was broken and what should the moderation team do about it?

Even moreso when he doesn't point to a culprit. Whatever you think the Mo-Mos should do, they have to have someone to do it to.

Justin Credible
Aug 27, 2003

happy cat

I appreciate the thread title's additional word to clarify it's not actually about Gil-Holes (the original French term, translated of course), but it almost feels like a case of the end of the title being cut off. It's like you can fill in your mind whatever is after 'NOT' like 'ANYTHING ELSE'. Maybe some words should be added to once and for all clear up this little mishap in the forums code.

I mainly come into this thread for development updates. I'm curious if proper bullet drop for a 19th Century musket firing 18th Century black powder and lead ball will be modeled or if the game will rely on a more abstract numbers-based system? In the latter case I'd say 24 would be an appropriate damage threshold considering the quality of firearms consumable materials would have been of inferior quality 100 or so years in the past even though kwaii Lenarde (is that his name? I forget sometimes) has a prototype rifle. 30 would be excessive considering those factors, I think.

Jose Mengelez
Sep 11, 2001

by Azathoth
personally, i blame brianna wu

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

Justin Credible posted:

I appreciate the thread title's additional word to clarify it's not actually about Gil-Holes (the original French term, translated of course), but it almost feels like a case of the end of the title being cut off. It's like you can fill in your mind whatever is after 'NOT' like 'ANYTHING ELSE'. Maybe some words should be added to once and for all clear up this little mishap in the forums code.

I mainly come into this thread for development updates. I'm curious if proper bullet drop for a 19th Century musket firing 18th Century black powder and lead ball will be modeled or if the game will rely on a more abstract numbers-based system? In the latter case I'd say 24 would be an appropriate damage threshold considering the quality of firearms consumable materials would have been of inferior quality 100 or so years in the past even though kwaii Lenarde (is that his name? I forget sometimes) has a prototype rifle. 30 would be excessive considering those factors, I think.

You are right, and sweet Hanzo steel should do around 70. You need to balance it for having to get up close and personal.

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

Jose Mengelez posted:

personally, i blame brianna wu

Off with her head!

Gobblecoque
Sep 6, 2011

hyperdevbox posted:

Sorry about that I accidentally flipped the switch on my monitor that randomly changes thread titles.

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

hyperdevbox posted:

The forums are a very welcoming and friendly place, just not in a manner that normal people comprehend or enjoy.

Also,

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

I don't actually remember the original title. Hyperdevbox, PM me.

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

Baby even when I'm dead and gone
You will always be my only one, my only one
No matter who I become
You will always be my only one, my only one, my only one

FactsAreUseless posted:

It was Lobster Thermidor JRPG - Café Atelier

hyperdevbox
Aug 22, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

FactsAreUseless posted:

PM sent.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
Will I be able to visit the Priory of Sion at Renee-le-Chateau?

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth
:eyepop: Gameplay Screenshots :eyepop:

garfield hentai
Feb 29, 2004
This guy's making a game and still has the time to make sure forum rules are enforced and respected! This is kind of like learning that Steve Buscemi was also a volunteer firefighter during 9/11 (the American event where terrorists used airplanes as guillotines on buildings)

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Has anyone noticed that for a thread named "Gameplay screeenshots" we're suspiciously light on gameplay screenshots? I was willing to let it slide before the title was changed but now I feel like I'm being lied to every time I see the words "gameplay screenshots".

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

post more french babes

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
Hi,

I hope your game turns out well. Good luck with your work. :-)

avoraciopoctules
Oct 22, 2012

What is this kid's DEAL?!

The only other game set in France I've played was Jeanne d'Arc on PSP. King Henry had a flying castle that shot lasers, a major subplot involved racism against beastmen, and Joan could chain-kill like a dozen dudes per turn after she finished transforming into magical girl form. Like Thermidor, it was an isometric tactical jrpg, and I didn't see any guillotines. I think spear fighters were my favorite unit because one of their special attacks could hit big enemies multiple times. Dragons took up nine squares, but seven hits was usually enough for a transformed hero unit to finish them off.

Would you recommend Thermidor to a fan of Jeanne d'Arc, hyperdevbox?

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

avoraciopoctules posted:

The only other game set in France I've played was Jeanne d'Arc on PSP. King Henry had a flying castle that shot lasers, a major subplot involved racism against beastmen, and Joan could chain-kill like a dozen dudes per turn after she finished transforming into magical girl form. Like Thermidor, it was an isometric tactical jrpg, and I didn't see any guillotines. I think spear fighters were my favorite unit because one of their special attacks could hit big enemies multiple times. Dragons took up nine squares, but seven hits was usually enough for a transformed hero unit to finish them off.

Would you recommend Thermidor to a fan of Jeanne d'Arc, hyperdevbox?

The bulldog guy started out with the lowest stats of all the beastmen but he had the best growth and if you gave him regeneration and a chain kill skill he could solo maps in the endgame. Sadly on my first run I gave a bunch of permanent stat boosting items to someone who got burned at the stake as a witch. :(

While not a dev or related to this game at all, I'm gonna recommend this game to Jeanne d'Arc fans, because they promise a similar guillotine free France based JRPG experience.

Cowman
Feb 14, 2006

Beware the Cow

What happened to the guillotines?

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

avoraciopoctules posted:

This game sounds cool

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

I'm glad we were able to fix the issue OP, thank you for your cooperation and keeping your calm in this potentially distressing situation. I hope you will continue being active in this thread and updating us on your progress.

Sincerely, Mo-Mos and Min-Mins (that's how we call admins in our little circle of Mo-Mos) of Something Awful

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
I didn't want to post in the thread just in case someone though that perhaps I was responsible for the error.

As one of the Mo-Mos who truly enjoys video games on a daily basis (hence why I was lucky enough able to grab such a snazzy username) I am very happy to see that whatever glitch affected the title has been rectified!

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?

drat, the OP got the whole Mo-Mo team appear in this thread. The room is packed like during the verdict announcement of Louis XVI.

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

OP is there any plans for post-game content? Will we be able to travel to Japan? Maybe in a 2nd campaign expansion or DLC? You could call it Return to the Homeland since the PCs (Player Characters) are Japanese.

avoraciopoctules
Oct 22, 2012

What is this kid's DEAL?!

Mr.Pibbleton posted:

The bulldog guy started out with the lowest stats of all the beastmen but he had the best growth and if you gave him regeneration and a chain kill skill he could solo maps in the endgame. Sadly on my first run I gave a bunch of permanent stat boosting items to someone who got burned at the stake as a witch. :(

While not a dev or related to this game at all, I'm gonna recommend this game to Jeanne d'Arc fans, because they promise a similar guillotine free France based JRPG experience.

Wait... when the frog monster inherited her magical girl powers, it didn't get the stat boosts? That's pretty sad, I thought the numbers carried over exactly.

wizard on a water slide posted:

This game sounds cool
Here's some videos:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hBLcJf5ulQo
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BZ2qc09Kf5w

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

avoraciopoctules posted:

Wait... when the frog monster inherited her magical girl powers, it didn't get the stat boosts? That's pretty sad, I thought the numbers carried over exactly.

Here's some videos:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hBLcJf5ulQo
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BZ2qc09Kf5w

I didn't check so maybe it did 100% transfer.

Shifty gimbal
Dec 28, 2008

Hey you... I got something to tell ya
Biscuit Hider
Who's the jerk who changed the title to it being almost as misleading as a dev's sound-and-music waterboy having enough agency over the project he's working on to even entertain taking suggestions from nobodies, especially with an "I'm the ideas guy" CEO already acting as both a producer and creative director, and happened to say the other day that he was really thinking about maybe adding those guillotines?

Justin Credible
Aug 27, 2003

happy cat

Plus it's pretty insulting to come on a comedy forum and then say you're ignoring most of the people in the thread after asking for feedback and get them involved in the development process just because they're making jokes. Like I could understand if you were on forums Hyperdevbox runs, but this is not that and actively telling people who showed enough interest in your game to make a post on an internet forum you're ignoring them is rude, short-sighted and condescending.

What we really need is the actual CEO of Hyperdevbox here to answer the hard hitting questions this thread has come up with among the chuckles there to keep America, and indeed the world, laughing in these dark times. Much like the times of the actual French Revolution in 1897.

Node
May 20, 2001

KICKED IN THE COOTER
:dings:
Taco Defender
In Revolutionary France, it was common to execute criminals and political dissidents by placing their head in stocks, and allowing a weighted, sharp blade to fall upon their neck, decapitating them. The head was then paraded around. In fact, a king was killed this way. It was very bloody. The device of execution was known as a guillotine.

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?

I'm sure that in the name of historical accuracy the many executions that will be depicted in the game will happen by the means of a breaking wheel which was the default capital punishment device in 1789. Guillotine which was introduced as a new way of humane execution at the time is probably just way too tame for the devs. They want NPCs suffering slow torment for days so that your party has a chance to interact with them in the meantime, get a side-quest or two and maybe steal some change from their pockets when nobody's looking. From a game mechanics perspective It's understandable really.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bug Squash
Mar 18, 2009

Solomonic posted:

Hi OP. Will Cardinal Richelieu be in this game? I realize that, of course, he had unfortunately passed away prior to the start of the French Revolution, but would it perhaps be possible to include him as a sort of phantasmic mentor figure for the protagonist, in the style of Obi-Wan Kenobi or that merchant NPC from Darksiders? Thanks for listening, we at the Something Awful Forums appreciate your commitment to open development.

As a political schemer, Tallyrand was 10 X more awesome, and was alive at the time. In fact, he was in America being best buds with one Alexander Hamilton. The two of them should team up with Lafayette for a gimmick OP characters clowning on goons fight.

• Locked thread