Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
This game is
This poll is closed.
Great! 180 32.61%
Awesome! 212 38.41%
Good! 160 28.99%
Total: 552 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Selenephos
Jul 9, 2010

BiggerJ posted:

I don't know if it's come up here already, but how's the linearity in the late game? It's it FFX linear with things to do besides walk, open chests, fight enemies/bosses and watch cutscenes or (gag gag retch shoots self in face) FFXIII linear?

SPOILER for late game

The game does indeed become more linear later on, but there's still plenty to explore so it's not FF XIII linear and you can go back to the more open world segments. It only becomes super linear in the last two chapters which given that is the endgame is fair enough.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Atomic Robo-Kid
Aug 18, 2008

.Blast.Processing.

Mr. Fortitude posted:

SPOILER for late game

The game does indeed become more linear later on, but there's still plenty to explore so it's not FF XIII linear and you can go back to the more open world segments. It only becomes super linear in the last two chapters which given that is the endgame is fair enough.

Is there any kind of warning or prompt, like before the final 2 chapters to let you know you've reached the point of no return absolute endgame? (I'm assuming there is of course)

These are very light spoilers IMO.

Selenephos
Jul 9, 2010

Atomic Robo-Kid posted:

Is there any kind of warning or prompt, like before the final 2 chapters to let you know you've reached the point of no return absolute endgame? (I'm assuming there is of course)

These are very light spoilers IMO.

There isn't really a need for one. You can go back to the open world and do sidequests from Chapter 9 onwards and there is some stuff that becomes available in the postgame. If you want to know what the final two chapters are, they are Chapter 14 and 15.

Nanomashoes
Aug 18, 2012

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

Imagine how much more sad and lonely we would be if not for the hard work of lowtax. Here's $12.95 to his aid.
Final trailer extended cut https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_zO5UGNo07c
A good bit of new cool as hell footage

Fhqwhgads
Jul 18, 2003

I AM THE ONLY ONE IN THIS GAME WHO GETS LAID

MrLonghair posted:

Yeah I'm hype. I was going to buy a PS4Pro for this, but just signed on a new apartment so there goes all my money for a while :v:

Blackfyre
Jul 8, 2012

I want wings.

Fhqwhgads posted:

Yeah I'm hype. I was going to buy a PS4Pro for this, but just signed on a new apartment so there goes all my money for a while :v:

My wife and I may have bought a PS4Pro largely because of this and that may or may not have pushed us to splash out on an expensive 4K HDR TV.

Fhqwhgads
Jul 18, 2003

Blackfyre posted:

My wife and I may have bought a PS4Pro largely because of this and that may or may not have pushed us to splash out on an expensive 4K HDR TV.

An entirely new entertainment center (upgraded TV, receiver, and actual speakers) is on the bottom of the list of things we have for the new place.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

I'm jaded as gently caress about most video games and know everything from the spoilers but I'll still considering making time to play this game if my brother buys it for himself even though it takes half hour to get to his house to use his PS4.

It aught to be alright.

Vitamin P
Nov 19, 2013

Truth is game rigging is more difficult than it looks pls stay ded

chumbler posted:

I am prepared to call this game garbage if the clothing options only lie along the gradient from black to white. Fashion is the most important thing and they had better not mess it up.

Seriously I want a lot of outfits.

Not just nice fashion wear either, I want weird uniforms and mechanics overalls and various Village People costumes.

Nina
Oct 9, 2016

Invisible werewolf (entirely visible, not actually a wolf)

The evil has been defeated

Fhqwhgads
Jul 18, 2003

Vitamin P posted:

Seriously I want a lot of outfits.

Not just nice fashion wear either, I want weird uniforms and mechanics overalls and various Village People costumes.

In a surprising turn of events, we'll find that all of the team's outfits have been designed over the past few years by Kubo Tite, which explains why Bleach has really gone to poo poo in that same time frame :v:

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Day 1 patch details

-Camera improvement, making action easier to follow when in a narrow location.
-An ability tree added to the “Wait Mode” feature, improving the strategic element of this feature.
-A “Monster Flute” that allows you to summon monsters.
-Scenes from Kingsglaive: Final Fantasy XV and the “Omen” trailer added to the game as new event scenes.
-Additional recipes, fish, and a gallery to offer even further enjoyment to players who like collecting items.
-The ability to upload the pictures Prompto takes to Facebook or Twitter.

Die Sexmonster!
Nov 30, 2005

MrLonghair posted:

Final trailer extended cut https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_zO5UGNo07c

"Or buy a chalkabo!"

Kithyen
Oct 18, 2002
I DON'T KNOW THE BBCODE FOR BIG RED TITLES SO I CAN'T FIX THIS FUCK
I hope that's not how it's really pronounced. Otherwise I'll feel really stupid and I'll be mad because that pronunciation sounds stupid.

Fhqwhgads
Jul 18, 2003

It's pronounced "Wark" :colbert:

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord

Die Sexmonster! posted:

"Or buy a chalkabo!"

Via

Die Sexmonster!
Nov 30, 2005

Combination Peeta posted:

I hope that's not how it's really pronounced. Otherwise I'll feel really stupid and I'll be mad because that pronunciation sounds stupid.

It is stupid. Japanese is actually simpler to figure out pronunciation for than English, the vowels follow rules and don't really surprise you. "Cho-koh-boh"

Fhqwhgads posted:

It's pronounced "Wark" :colbert:

This is also accurate.

gently caress off with kweh.

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

Imagine how much more sad and lonely we would be if not for the hard work of lowtax. Here's $12.95 to his aid.
Doing Judgment again; the game autosaves after big things yes, but by modern standards consider it something that doesn't autosave. Make a post-it note and prevent sadness.

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

Do we know what is going to be in the season pass yet?

Barudak
May 7, 2007

GreenBuckanneer posted:

Side story content for the boys.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
So how's the framerate on regular PS4?

Selenephos
Jul 9, 2010

GreenBuckanneer posted:

New sidequests starring Gladiolus, Prompto and Ignus where you can actually play as them in battle as well as online co-op mode where you and 3 other bros can play together I believe.

Pryce
May 21, 2011
So do any of the mobile games have any effect on the real game? Any in-game bonuses to unlock that I should be grinding for? Or are they purely "fun" (for a given definition of "fun")?

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

RatHat posted:

So how's the framerate on regular PS4?

There aren't really many prevalent performance reports coming out of these leaks so far so the most relevant stuff is still really the Judgement Disk.

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
I had a crazy, classic life
Exciting Lemon
Just gently caress this game if I can't dress Prompto as a sexy maid.

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

So preordering from Sony nets you:

angler dlc
16bit car dlc
masamune dlc

but preordering from amazon nets you

masamune dlc
gold chocobo car dlc

BUT WAIT, do a really quick flash game and you also get

Travel Pack, Camera Kit, and Gourmand Set. and Mage Mashers from Final Fantasy IX, The Blazefire Saber from Final Fantasy XIII, and the Gae Bolg Spear from Final Fantasy XIV

preordering from squeenix:

royal rainment
masamune
platinum leviathan car

.....why is this so loving difficult to just have a complete collection...

Namnesor
Jun 29, 2005

Dante's allowance - $100
Preorder from Amazon because if you have Prime it's the cheapest of the available outlets, and who gives a poo poo about these preorder bonuses that they will definitely put up as purchasable DLC in a month or two.

Xad
Jul 2, 2009

"Either Sonic is God, or could kill God, and I do not care if there is a difference!"

College Slice
So I preordered the digital deluxe version from amazon, but didn't get any email with a road trip key in it. Is it supposed to be in the same email with the game code when the game comes out? I tried contacting support and they didn't help.

Fhqwhgads
Jul 18, 2003

Wait, what's the flash game that lets you get free poo poo? I preordered from the playstation network forever ago so I guess I'm getting those DLCs.

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

Xad posted:

So I preordered the digital deluxe version from amazon, but didn't get any email with a road trip key in it. Is it supposed to be in the same email with the game code when the game comes out? I tried contacting support and they didn't help.

No, you get a second email with the DLC codes.

Fhqwhgads posted:

Wait, what's the flash game that lets you get free poo poo? I preordered from the playstation network forever ago so I guess I'm getting those DLCs.

Amazon road trip available for preorders from Amazon.

Mezzanon
Sep 16, 2003

Pillbug
I preordered on PSN what do I get?

Nanomashoes
Aug 18, 2012

Mezzanon posted:

Disappointment.

Vitamin P
Nov 19, 2013

Truth is game rigging is more difficult than it looks pls stay ded
I walked into GAME, put a fiver down on it and apparently I get a Streets-of-Rage-style side scrolling beat em up game as a preorder bonus. That seems so much better than all the dumb weapons and car skins.

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

Mezzanon posted:

Car skins, sword, and theme.

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

The Gologle Posting Experience.

<3
I said I wouldn't, and I tried really hard, but I caved in and started watching some streams of the game. I have to say, the highlight is the character interaction between the four friends. It's excellent.

Nina
Oct 9, 2016

Invisible werewolf (entirely visible, not actually a wolf)
Canceled my Amazon pre-order because it was still giving an estimate of Dec. 3.-7. delivery. I wanna play it on launch.

Die Sexmonster!
Nov 30, 2005

Nina posted:

Canceled my Amazon pre-order because it was still giving an estimate of Dec. 3.-7. delivery. I wanna play it on launch.

Figure that's the least we can hope for. I'm torn between picking up a copy on the way home from work or preloading it on PS4.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

The online place I usually get stuff from tends to send things out early to make sure it's here for launch and they tend to super err on the side of caution when it comes to Tuesday releases so I'm hoping I might get it Saturday.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

I put up a picture of Gladio and wrote stud and one of Prompto and wrote dork. That's all.

• Locked thread