Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

"High Elf"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

Solidkgb posted:

This was great!

Whoa. I posted that almost two years ago.

I don't know if a new thread is necessary but this thread title I put in is dumb. Anyone have anything good that fits with any well known gifs?

Zesty has a new favorite as of 02:18 on Nov 20, 2016

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

http://i.imgur.com/PNy5QFk.gifv

Met posted:

And it still holds up.

rydiafan
Mar 17, 2009

PYF GIF: this thread title I put in is dumb

rydiafan
Mar 17, 2009

double-post

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012
Buglord

Somfin posted:

Tribal ritual thing. Anointing their weapons with blood. That's the official response from the director. It didn't come across quite right in the finished product.

I loving loved that movie.

It seemed like a pretty straightforward intimidation/"we waste food while you starve" kind of thing when I watched it

HPanda
Sep 5, 2008

Met posted:

I don't know if a new thread is necessary but this thread title I put in is dumb. Anyone have anything good that fits with any well known gifs?

The GIF Thread: It's pronounced ".gif"

citybeatnik
Mar 1, 2013

You Are All
WEIRDOS

Somfin posted:

Tribal ritual thing. Anointing their weapons with blood. That's the official response from the director. It didn't come across quite right in the finished product.

I loving loved that movie.

He's also annoyed by people assuming that the polar bear ate everyone in the end.

Improbable Lobster posted:

It seemed like a pretty straightforward intimidation/"we waste food while you starve" kind of thing when I watched it

There's the sushi / fishbowl metaphor that comes up later in the film that ties in to it as well.

citybeatnik has a new favorite as of 04:02 on Nov 20, 2016

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something
poo poo, I just assumed they put the gross rotten fish-blood on their weapons so that if you didn't die from the initial battle, you'd still get some horrible infection and die later.

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

citybeatnik posted:

He's also annoyed by people assuming that the polar bear ate everyone in the end.

There's the sushi / fishbowl metaphor that comes up later in the film that ties in to it as well.

If anyone is speculating on who the bad guys represent the whole movie, you can find them on this chart.

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

In my🦚 experience🛠️ the big things🌑 don't teach you anything🤷‍♀️.

Nap Ghost

Wasabi the J posted:

If anyone is speculating on who the bad guys represent the whole movie, you can find them on this chart.

That's literally Tilda Swinton's first speech in the movie though. How could anyone have trouble with that?

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos
So what movie is it?

citybeatnik
Mar 1, 2013

You Are All
WEIRDOS

MizPiz posted:

So what movie is it?

Snowpiercer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BVGMMFjva58

Inspired by this comic: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Le_Transperceneige

It's a really loving good movie.

Dragonstoned
Jan 15, 2006

MR. DOG WITH BEES IN HIS MOUTH AND WHEN HE BARKS HE SHOOTS BEES AT YOU
by Roger Hargreaves

Sauce?

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

Fuck you and the sun you live under

Buzkashi posted:

Bearnoulli's principle

Goin to the Sunchips place

Glottis
May 29, 2002

No. It's necessary.
Yam Slacker

citybeatnik posted:

Snowpiercer

It's a really loving good movie.

It's a great movie but if you are the kind of person that gets hung up on plot holes easily, you probably won't enjoy it.

Suleman
Sep 4, 2011

World Of Wolfram, a German fantasy parody series on youtube.

mcbexx
Jul 4, 2004

British dentistry is
not on trial here!

Suleman posted:

That's by far not as terrible as one would have suspected (but the views of every episode are declining rapidly, so maybe I should quit after episode 1).

Popelmon
Jan 24, 2010

wow
so spin

mcbexx posted:

That's by far not as terrible as one would have suspected (but the views of every episode are declining rapidly, so maybe I should quit after episode 1).

I wouldn't worry about that for now, they actually get public funding because the German public broadcasters have started something like a Youtube network in an effort to reach a younger audience.

Elias_Maluco
Aug 23, 2007
I need to sleep
kids these days

https://twitter.com/PIN_VID/status/800261108003024896

edit: holy gently caress

Elias_Maluco has a new favorite as of 15:49 on Nov 20, 2016

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
If it's any consolation I think that second one was proven as a fake.

LeJackal
Apr 5, 2011
I need to chop this up slightly and make it into an AV.

That or some Bojack Horseman.

Ak Gara
Jul 29, 2005

That's just the way he rolls.

Glottis posted:

It's a great movie but if you are the kind of person that gets hung up on plot holes easily, you probably won't enjoy it.

What plot holes? Little things like why do the children have to walk through a drug den (that's also an explosive), and a swimming pool, and a nightclub just to get to the classroom car? Those kind of plot holes?

Lincoln
May 12, 2007

Ladies.

poptart_fairy posted:

If it's any consolation I think that second one was proven as a fake.

Thank you for clarifying that "monkey watching iPad" wasn't the fake.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Suleman posted:

"World of Wolfram" sounds like it should be a competing series to "The Story of Maths"

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Ak Gara posted:

What plot holes? Little things like why do the children have to walk through a drug den (that's also an explosive), and a swimming pool, and a nightclub just to get to the classroom car? Those kind of plot holes?

My biggest issue is that Captain America nearly throws up after finding out that they have been eating bugs but then later revealed that he straight up murdered and ate a baby.

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

Inzombiac posted:

My biggest issue is that Captain America nearly throws up after finding out that they have been eating bugs but then later revealed that he straight up murdered and ate a baby.

But it tasted good

Wheany
Mar 17, 2006

Spinyahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

Doctor Rope

VendaGoat posted:

"High Elf"

Ohhh

Also Snowpiercer loving sucked.

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

Wheany posted:

Also Snowpiercer loving sucked.

Lord Dudeguy
Sep 17, 2006
[Insert good English here]

I'm sure someone could make an av of this.

Tuxedo Ted
Apr 24, 2007

http://i.imgur.com/bTa8pOT.gifv

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Mogomra
Nov 5, 2005

simply having a wonderful time

Tacitly, implicitly related.
http://i.imgur.com/E2LVjmc.gifv

From Knight Rider 2000. The best TV movie ever.

Here's the original cut.

e: Thanks!

Mogomra has a new favorite as of 22:55 on Nov 21, 2016

Rincewinds
Jul 30, 2014

MEAT IS MEAT

VendaGoat posted:

"High Elf"

God damnit.

Krispy Wafer
Jul 26, 2002

I shouted out "Free the exposed 67"
But they stood on my hair and told me I was fat

Grimey Drawer

Ak Gara posted:

I think they just skipped all the boring living quarters boxcars. Your spot in the train is probably a combination of class and age. Younger families would be closer to the school.

And it's obviously not a disco all the time. Just on egg day because it's a celebration.

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

Mogomra posted:

Tacitly, implicitly related.

From Knight Rider 2000. The best TV movie ever.

Here's the original cut.

e: sorry, how do I link fancy .gifvs? Or whatevers.

throw a v on that link

http://i.imgur.com/E2LVjmc.gifv

DaveKap
Feb 5, 2006

Pickle: Inspected.

citybeatnik posted:

Even if they weren't all eaten by polar bears in the end, the human race definitely went extinct soon after.

citybeatnik
Mar 1, 2013

You Are All
WEIRDOS

DaveKap posted:

Even if they weren't all eaten by polar bears in the end, the human race definitely went extinct soon after.

The live screening I went to that the Drafthouse put on had him there to talk about it. He was less concerned with showing that humanity survived than trying to get across that the world was not a blighted hellscape but life went on.

Bates
Jun 15, 2006
Elite IED disposal team in action
http://i.imgur.com/PcIwMu3.gifv

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

In my🦚 experience🛠️ the big things🌑 don't teach you anything🤷‍♀️.

Nap Ghost

Inzombiac posted:

I'd be pissed off if I was being deliberately fed bugs, regardless of previous transgressions against god and man.