Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

fishtobaskets
Feb 22, 2007

It's not about butthole pleasures
Lipstick Apathy
Man, for relatively new players, today is like christmas morning. I love that they're giving full shard shares too, instead of the character tokens. Not only am I getting a haul of new characters I eventually wanted (Mace/GMT), I'm also starring up guys I was already working on like AA/JC.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

fishtobaskets posted:

Man, for relatively new players, today is like christmas morning. I love that they're giving full shard shares too, instead of the character tokens. Not only am I getting a haul of new characters I eventually wanted (Mace/GMT), I'm also starring up guys I was already working on like AA/JC.

I got 3600 shard shop currency :(

iGestalt
Mar 4, 2013

Chilichimp posted:

I got 3600 shard shop currency :(

Same. But I don't see it as a bad thing. You never know when they might throw Ship stuff in there!

(lol never)

Serperoth
Feb 21, 2013

I grabbed two of the big ship back, because... Ok because I felt like it.

Made 2000 shard currency, in total, and I'm waiting to see what's up with ships before upgrading. Can't do much before getting some Ship Money in too.

My best ship is, by far, Jedi Consular (I had him 7* and high level), and I don't want that to end up a waste of money.

iGestalt
Mar 4, 2013

I bet the next raid will be against a Super Star Destroyer or something. First phase is Ships. Then Troops. Then Ships. Then Troops.

I bet it'll be poo poo.

two_step
Sep 2, 2011
I found out what the top guys on my ship shard are running:

I think the smaller ship cards are a better deal if you already have most of the characters, only downside is you can't get the millennium falcon from them. I spent enough to get a couple 2-3* ships, so I can do the 2nd level of the challenges. The pvp payouts are surprisingly flat, so I don't worry about not being able to break into the top 5 or so

iGestalt
Mar 4, 2013

Other than the Challenges and Arena - there doesn't seem to be too much to do with Ships right now. I wonder when we'll get their version of GW / Node missions?

fishtobaskets
Feb 22, 2007

It's not about butthole pleasures
Lipstick Apathy
This is probably pretty obvious, but it seems like the best early tactic would be to go after ships/crew that have a combination of crew/ship availability from something other than data cards, so that you can star them up relatively quickly. Does that seem like a reasonable analysis?

edit: man I hosed this up the first time
Looking at the crosswalk for that, these are the candidates with dual farmability:
Resistance fighter/resistance pilot
Tie fighter/tie fighter pilot
JC's starfighter/JC
Gen Spy's starfighter/Gen Spy*
Gen Solder's starfighter/GS*
Wedge's x-wing/Wedge
Plo's starfighter/Plo Koon
Umbaran starfighter/5s

Sun Fac sort of counts but you have to double farm him/his ship from fleet shipments.
* GS & Gen Spy ships are notable because you can double farm them from fleet shipments and GW shipments.

fishtobaskets fucked around with this message at 19:15 on Nov 22, 2016

two_step
Sep 2, 2011
They claim that some ships will be farmable, though they are not there yet:

quote:

The last hard node of Light Side/Dark Side Battles (Geonosian Starfighter - Soldier/Jedi Star Fighter - Jedi Consular) and the last node of Cantina Battles (Plo Koon's Jedi Starfighter

Of course even getting to the last hard node of ls/ds isn't easy, but cantina wasn't too bad

Boozie
Feb 2, 2013
Does anyone know which stats increase crew power? Gear leveling up doesn't seem to do anything for example.

Also, I was originally thinking about skipping JC for Yoda event. Should I put him back into my LS/DS farming rotation since I'm already at 95/330?

Karzon
Oct 15, 2002

Boozie posted:

Does anyone know which stats increase crew power? Gear leveling up doesn't seem to do anything for example.

Also, I was originally thinking about skipping JC for Yoda event. Should I put him back into my LS/DS farming rotation since I'm already at 95/330?

I did some minor testing while leveling Mace from 4 star level 1 to 5 star level 80. The biggest increase in Crew Power seems to come from star level, but character level, gear, and (importantly) mods, also increase other ship stats. Of course, this was for the Capital Ship, but they share most of the same stats as the smaller ships.

Boozie
Feb 2, 2013
Is there still a shot at 2x GW rewards or do we think that isn't happening at this point?

Ahdinko
Oct 27, 2007

WHAT A LOVELY DAY
I assume the "Save your GW tokens" thing was because you can now spend them on ships, so if you have a load saved up you can spend them at each refresh and probably get some 2-3 star ships quickly to get ahead in the fleet leaderboards

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010

Boozie posted:

Is there still a shot at 2x GW rewards or do we think that isn't happening at this point?

I didn't see anything about it in the patch.

e: Goddamnit

Malgrin fucked around with this message at 18:03 on Nov 22, 2016

iGestalt
Mar 4, 2013

Malgrin posted:

I didn't see anything about it in the patch.

e: Goddamnit

I had that, except replace Darth Vader with Sun Fac.

Hell.

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010

iGestalt posted:

I had that, except replace Darth Vader with Sun Fac.

Hell.

This is the first non-free last node I've had since we started getting them.

Mr. Neutron
Sep 15, 2012

~I'M THE BEST~

Malgrin posted:

This is the first non-free last node I've had since we started getting them.

For me it fixed itself some time last week. If I had not switched away from my Jedi to Empire I would have no chance of finishing it again.

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010

Mr. Neutron posted:

For me it fixed itself some time last week. If I had not switched away from my Jedi to Empire I would have no chance of finishing it again.

I'm still running rebels, but it means I need to start charging up a couple other teams in the first few battles.

xyigx
Nov 6, 2012
Hey IGD we have a tank raid issue. While our clear times on the tank raid are getting marginally better raid participation is getting lower. I really think it would be a good idea to run some t5's or something because right now a lot of people have said gently caress this raid and are not having fun getting biweekly rewards that are frankly garbage. Almost half the guild did very minimal damage last raid and it's not a character or power issue because most of them did better damage on the first or second tank raid we did.

iGestalt
Mar 4, 2013

xyigx posted:

Hey IGD we have a tank raid issue. While our clear times on the tank raid are getting marginally better raid participation is getting lower. I really think it would be a good idea to run some t5's or something because right now a lot of people have said gently caress this raid and are not having fun getting biweekly rewards that are frankly garbage. Almost half the guild did very minimal damage last raid and it's not a character or power issue because most of them did better damage on the first or second tank raid we did.

T5 Rancor or T5 Tank? Tank is an extreme slog, though. I am guilty of not giving a gently caress. I just auto once a day because it's animations take so. loving. long.

Karzon
Oct 15, 2002

xyigx posted:

Tank Takedown only has two options: T6 or T7 Heroic, unfortunately.

xyigx
Nov 6, 2012

Karzon posted:

Tank Takedown only has two options: T6 or T7 Heroic, unfortunately.

Did not know that. That is kind of sad that they have left it a horrible buggy unbalanced mess with no way to reduce the slog. Welp there goes my suggestion to make it more enjoyable now I feel a bit bad for bringing it up.

UrbanLabyrinth
Jan 28, 2009

When my eyes were stabbed by the flash of a neon light
That split the night
And touched the sound of silence

College Slice
Any reason we didn't try heroic this time? This tokens aren't going anywhere, and if we mess it up its only a 2 day loss, but if it's like the rancor the heroic version has way fewer HP.

Davethulhu
Aug 12, 2003

Morbid Hound
So here was my initial strategy setting up my fleet. I leveled all the starter ships to 50, which is the point where you can increase their abilities. I leveled home one to 40 because that seemed like a balance point with my remaining currency and need to level the other capital ships. I then bumped up the level on everyone's basic attack. Finally, I leveled and geared the crew members as much as possible. It appears that ship health/protection, speed, and damage are derived from the crew member's power, though I'm not sure what the formula is.

Ahdinko
Oct 27, 2007

WHAT A LOVELY DAY
So so you can get grevious shards on the space tokens shipments thing, 4 shards for 400 spacetokens, and you can earn 1200-1500 spacetokens a day if you place well in rankings.

Expect to see alot more grevious!

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010

Davethulhu posted:

So here was my initial strategy setting up my fleet. I leveled all the starter ships to 50, which is the point where you can increase their abilities. I leveled home one to 40 because that seemed like a balance point with my remaining currency and need to level the other capital ships. I then bumped up the level on everyone's basic attack. Finally, I leveled and geared the crew members as much as possible. It appears that ship health/protection, speed, and damage are derived from the crew member's power, though I'm not sure what the formula is.

Yeah, it's weird, cause my 5*, G9 level 85 TFP has 0 protection for his ship. Hopefully G10 6* will fix that...

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

UrbanLabyrinth posted:

Any reason we didn't try heroic this time? This tokens aren't going anywhere, and if we mess it up its only a 2 day loss, but if it's like the rancor the heroic version has way fewer HP.

We're nowhere near capable of beating heroic.

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010

Chilichimp posted:

We're nowhere near capable of beating heroic.

If you don't have it down to 3-4 refreshes, you are right.

Red Rox
Aug 24, 2004

Motel Midnight off the hook
Anyone else find it weird that the ships don't line up properly? They kinda have to turn to the left before they shoot.

Wintermutant
Oct 2, 2009

Dinosaur Gum
Man, I really wish they'd have had more non-PVP ship content ready for launch. I had a couple decent matches last night but have hit the whale wall today, so it kind of sucks doing a couple challenges and being done with them.

Dr. Venture
Sep 26, 2011

Wintermutant posted:

Man, I really wish they'd have had more non-PVP ship content ready for launch. I had a couple decent matches last night but have hit the whale wall today, so it kind of sucks doing a couple challenges and being done with them.

I SIMed my challenges today out of habit and now PvP is all I have left :smith: Other than banging my head against the whale wall I find space battles quite enjoyable.

two_step posted:

The pvp payouts are surprisingly flat, so I don't worry about not being able to break into the top 5 or so

Yes, I am very pleased with this. Even though I'm top 10 for normal arena, I wish they'd make it more equitable to help those stuck on whale shards and to take some of the pressure off.

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010
holy poo poo free 4* wedge if you're on IOS:

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/78070/game-update-11-22-2016/p1?new=1

Don't worry, we get 4* Biggs for being on Android...

e: lots of info on Zeta abilities, including this:

"Qui-Gon Jinn
Agility Training - Level 82
+5 Speed, Jedi allies gain Offense equal to 3 times their Speed, and gain Foresight for 2 turns at the start of each encounter and whenever any unit is defeated"

Also a few updated Omega abilities.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Malgrin posted:

holy poo poo free 4* wedge if you're on IOS:

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/78070/game-update-11-22-2016/p1?new=1

Them AND their X-wing

MACE WINDU HAS BEEN MOVED TO ARENA STORE

Serperoth
Feb 21, 2013

Malgrin posted:

That was a pleasant surprise after a "must restart" notification, I got a solid bunch of shards, AND it came right after I got Lando's 80th shard.

Not to mention the recent Ackbar shards.

Only bummer is the Vader TIE/x1 being behind a tournament :smith:

Wintermutant
Oct 2, 2009

Dinosaur Gum
drat, my Biggs is complete and I'm trying to finish up Wedge, so could use those shards. Could I install/login from my wife's iPad and still get the iOS rewards?

edit: nevermind, just saw the account's linked to Google Play

Wintermutant fucked around with this message at 00:55 on Nov 23, 2016

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer
Oh my loving god... Boba's rework...

I think the Bounty Hunter Meta is about to get serious.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer
Oh My God, that GQJ leader Zeta...

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010

Chilichimp posted:

Oh My God, that GQJ leader Zeta...

Right? The Jedi meta just got real.

Boba is legit though, so glad I farmed up his shards forever ago...now I just need levels and gear.

That's going to be like 750+ power on Yoda (modded for speed, which, why wouldn't you?)

Dr. Venture
Sep 26, 2011
This game is cool and fun when they buff bad characters and give away free poo poo. If they keep this up I might even throw a little money at them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010

quote:

· The more powerful you make a character, the more power it contributes to a ship
· Mods DO calculate into the power, but the stats don’t matter. The max for this would be to use 5 star mods at level 15 in all slots. This would be the same if you used speed mods or health mods, doesn’t matter, power contributed to ships is the same between both.
· Character ability levels do play a part in power towards the ship. So those that may have skipping leveling a leader ability for example may want to do so as this will power up the ship.
· Level and Star rating of a character also play a part in contributing to the power of a ship
· Actual power of a character does NOT play a role. For example, a Maxed out Rey and a Maxed out Darth Maul will have the same contributions to their ship

The first guy I talked to wasn't that developer apparently and had no clue this is from the horse's mouth period basically everything you do is a sign of value and you can match the values out